Author Topic: Freakishly fast skilling  (Read 9409 times)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Freakishly fast skilling
« on: March 11, 2013, 04:37:37 PM »
Has anybody noticed how super fast skilling has become or is my game glitched?  I had Claire Ursine start sculpting and after one clay and one wood sculpture, she's at level 10!

Gardening: she planted the Common produce and by that time she was already at level 3.  Planted Uncommon produce and reached level 5.  Fertilised said plants and reached level 7.  Planted rare plants and reached level 10 gardening before she even neeeded a shower!  :o

I had Carina (her daughter) learn Logic at the Science Facility and via the toddler books.  By the time she sat down to the chess table she was already level 6.  Reached level 10 in one afternoon.

Seriously, is this because I installed University Life mid game or because there's a new glitch?  :-\
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Freakishly fast skilling
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 04:41:58 PM »
This is a new bug with the patch 1.50.  It seems to effect certain Sim games differently so it's not an all the time thing but it has been happening to a lot of people.  It certainly made toddler training a breeze in one of my files. ;D
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 04:44:26 PM »
It certainly made toddler training a breeze in one of my files. ;D

I'm so hoping it has effected my current file, I hate the toddler stage with twins  ::)

Offline mondicat

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 08:59:19 AM »
This has been happening to me intermittently as well and I don't like it.  It certainly takes all the challenge out of learning a skill. 

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 06:01:03 PM »
Oh, is that why I had a teen learn to drive in the span of a couple game hours when it seemed it used to take forever?  And here I thought it was just the father's "family oriented" trait giving a nice bonus.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 06:22:01 PM »
Family-oriented certainly helped and any of the generations ones that came along will, too.  But yeah that's probably the bug.   Only other time I have luck like that teaching a teen to drive involves a born vampire.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 06:39:59 PM »
So far only a couple of my dynasty spares have been afflicted by this but I'm keeping very close eye on the immortals in case they do something they shouldn't and get this bug. Gen 2 did learn to drive almost before she got in the car though which was nice, her IF made real seems to have it with almost every skill she tries, which is quite useful as the older generation of spares wont be around much longer and she can do everything they did.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline skybaker

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 02:14:45 AM »
Seriously, is this because I installed University Life mid game or because there's a new glitch?  :-\

I don't think this is related to installation of University Life. Currently, I have installed expansion packs - World Adventures & Ambitions only. However, my Sims gained level 10 in inventing skill after getting the first two invention.
Now I realize playing the Sims 3 on Mac is playing the game of installation and uninstallation...

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 03:07:34 AM »
Has anybody noticed how super fast skilling has become or is my game glitched?  I had Claire Ursine start sculpting and after one clay and one wood sculpture, she's at level 10!

I never had such experience while playing UL so far. I also try this with my sims after reading your post, I had Emmanuel to do some sculpting things and it's take a long time for him to reach lv. 10. And I had Pascal do some gardening, he's starting from level one and level up the skill one by one. It's not happening in my game.

But, I am appreciated when the glitches come just when I raising a toddler or when teaching teen to drive  :P
That would be a w e s o m e!

But, I have do when it's come to ex-vampire but it was a very long time. It's like every skills can instantly reach lv. 10 without much effort! I am kinda surprise back then it's because of my game or my sims? It's kinda great back then, but I am quickly bored after that. Like? Dude really? Just like that?
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 04:01:18 AM »
I don't have University, but I was hit by this glitch when my Fire Chief picked up fishing in her spare time. She gained five skill levels from as many successful casts.

Offline skybaker

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 10:02:22 PM »
Again, my bookworm Sims read all the three handiness skill books and gained level 10 within one day.
Now I realize playing the Sims 3 on Mac is playing the game of installation and uninstallation...

Offline bijou243

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 09:57:24 AM »
Twallan had something on his blog today that I think explains this:

Okay, the Skill Gain issue added with University. Follow me on a little journey into adventure, shall we ?

EA adds the Protest system, where performing protests influences certain aspects of the game
    One of these protests applies an "Increased Understanding" moodlet to sims in town, increasing their skill gain as long as the moodlet is in place
    However to ensure this skill gain persisted when you saved and reloaded, one of the developers needed to change a field in the Skill Manager system
    In doing so, they made a little error : They actually needed to change two fields, not just one.
    The field they changed involved increased skill gain when your sim has a high mood. So now the game saves that skill gain to the save file as well.
    The problem is that every time you save and reload while your sim is in a good mood, it will compound the "high mood" skill gain value.

As one might expect, this issue has a rather obvious effect if you happen to save and reload a lot.

It also mentions a fix that requires one of his mods. 

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 09:18:46 PM »
I am currently playing a sim who has maxed or nearly maxed 8 or 9 skills, and always seemed to skill up at a normal rate. However, I just had her read the Lvl 1 Photography book, sent her to the middle of her kitchen, queued up 8 "Take Photo" actions with her smartphone, clicked away, and she reached Level 10 Photography. I really hope this doesn't continue with all her future skilling! Her life is easy enough already with all her LTR's!

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline skybaker

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 03:46:48 AM »
My Sim started to work on sculpting skill and gained Level 10 before completing the first sculpture. Ridiculously, this is a masterpiece as an outcome!

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 10:59:50 AM »
I hope this is something that will get fixed in the next patch.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms