Author Topic: Freakishly fast skilling  (Read 9403 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Freakishly fast skilling
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 04:08:46 PM »
My fairy gnome researcher has maxed out every skill and hidden skill she's tried while researching how you can acquire gnomes and all in unusual record time.  Sculpting in just a few hours?  Really?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 05:34:35 PM »
I've jsut had Jamie Jolina reach level 10 on drums (starting from just one class) in about 8 hours.  ::)  I really really hope they fix this soon.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sammymcgoff

• Budding linguist
  • Townie
  • Rwy'n byth ifanc
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 10:26:25 AM »
I've just had my vampire teen learn the Athletic skill within 6 hours of aging up  :o. I thought it was just her life state that made is freakishly fast....
The Twinbrook Genetic Challenge

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 07:23:55 PM »
Well, vampires did that pretty much since they were introduced. Long before patch 1.50, I had vampire kids that could start a painting and finish it with their painting skill maxed. It didn't even take six hours!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 09:17:46 PM »
I'm feeling lucky - mine isn't quite that ridiculously fast, though it's still pretty ** fast. Science I especially noticed it. I'd do an experiment and by the time I was done I'd get a level. (An admirer also sent me the magical tree that gives you skills, which I'm leaving alone for a while because it's getting ridiculous. I'll wait until my toddlers are older and let them take a few fruit though.)

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 07:45:15 PM »
Yeaaaaah I'm REALLY hoping they fix this next patch, mine's getting worse and worse. You'd think it would be awesome but it takes a lot of the challenge/fun out when harvesting a tree gets you a whole level in gardening. I guess at least the skill challenges aren't affected.

Offline Easilyamusd123

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2013, 08:26:42 PM »
I know this was an old thread but I am getting ready to start an Immortal Dynasty so I want to try and prevent this. I cannot test it right now but...

If the game compounds the skill gain if you save while in a good mood, can you have anyone who you want to prevent this bug uae the Flask of Bees on themselves then save (or Bottled Discord) would that work?

I will test it when I can play again and post results somwhere helpful.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2013, 05:16:30 PM »
I don't know if this is still an issue, but the last few times I've played, I haven't had that issue at all.

But yes, Rica did mention at some point to just have the Sims be in a bad mood when saving, and someone else (Trip?) suggested just getting attacked by bees from the hive.

Offline BlairAragon

• Nooboo
  • Too poor for sims 4.
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2016, 02:44:21 PM »
I have a vampire who haves the fast learner reward and a good mood, he levels up to level 10 in street art within three hours.

But handiness takes way longer.