Author Topic: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 4/6/14  (Read 441858 times)

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
Re: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 10/25/13
« Reply #585 on: October 26, 2013, 07:12:59 AM »
Oh no! I hope there isn't a meteor! Those cliffhangers are so agonising, but I guess that's how you want us too feel. Evil Rhoxi...

Seriously though, I'm worrying checking this thread every half-hour.
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #586 on: October 26, 2013, 12:37:11 PM »

Ack!  Evil foreshadowing!  Evil!  Though that scene between Dev and Shannon was so cute!

Well, I had to at least try to prepare you for what happens next. And thanks! The two of them are pretty naturally cute.

Them cliffhangers, man. >:(

But seriously, Devon and Shannon are so ridiculously amazing together. Not even my most devoted sim-couples could match them.

It's weird how attached to them I've gotten. You've had some pretty awesome couples yourself, though.

You do love your hangers eh Rhoxi?  Devon and Shannon fluff, sooo romantic.  As for young 'Rissa, I really want to see her future spouse. I love the color blue so I hope to see a blueboo!  ;D

Yup!  ;D Well, if the pattern holds, it'll be blue. Although I certainly wouldn't mind getting some fresh colors into the mix!

Please tell me the incident of the Great Dojo Meteor isn't going to repeat itself.

Haha, oh thank goodness no. I haven't gotten one yet in this dynasty, thankfully! Maybe because there's less outdoor spaces?

Great Dojo Meteor... Hmm... It seems like a curse, so maybe it's good you have witches to protect the family.

Devon and Shannon's love survives still. Devon is certainly more committed than certain someone(s) (Evan I'm looking at you!)

I'm really pleasantly surprised by how the witchiness has survived! Guess Samura's magic was pretty strong, eh?  ;)

Oh no! I hope there isn't a meteor! Those cliffhangers are so agonising, but I guess that's how you want us too feel. Evil Rhoxi...

Seriously though, I'm worrying checking this thread every half-hour.

;D Bwahahaha---hack--cough--cough. Okay, my evil laugh totally fails. Stupid cold. Wait no longer!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #587 on: October 26, 2013, 12:37:30 PM »
Growing Up

During the last cold snap of the spring, Grim came for Giles.

It was expected; Giles had turned 100, after all.

He then rather insensitively asked Gwenyth for her autograph.

Gwenyth: "You know this really isn't the best time right now."

Gwenyth tried to console herself by spending time with the son she had left, while she still could.

And in the day's chaos, Shannon's elder birthday came and went without much incident.

Shannon: "What do ya think, Dev? New outfits okay?"

Devon: "Love 'em. Now get over here!"

The next morning, she tried to talk to her daughter about the future.

Shannon: "You're growing up today, 'Rissa. I think it's time to face the facts."

Marissa: "Naw, it's all good. Marisela already aged up, so we'll still be able to see each other."

Shannon: "You know that's not what I was talking about."

Marissa knew that, of course. She was talking about having a baby, but Marissa didn't want to talk about that just yet. The truth was, that was the one thing she didn't have figured out.

She watched her father through the window as she mixed, and she felt a twinge of jealousy. He was so happy, and in love, and . . . attracted to the necessary gender. What about her? Was she going to have to marry someone else? Could she still see Marisela on the side? Had anything like this ever happened in a dynasty before?

Surely if anyone would know, it was grams.

Marissa: "So, your mom was a witch too, right? So, I'm like, a fifth generation witch, right? Isn't there a spell or something I could do?"

Gwenyth: "I don't know, 'Rissa. I don't think it works like that."

Gwenyth: "Wait, do you hear that? What's with the ominous music, there's no one old enough in this house to--"

Shannon: "Oh, Grim! Please! I was so very tired, and the fountain was so very fun."

Marissa: "MOM!" she cried, but Shannon was already gone.

Marissa just stood there, frozen, before turning around numbly and stumbling inside.

Devon: "Well, princess, it's just you and me now." He said, putting on a brave face. "But we're going to take care of each other, okay?"

Marissa: "Oh, daddy! Absolutely everything is going all wrong!"

Devon: "I know, pet." He sighed. "I know."

She remembered her mother's words: You're growing up today, 'Rissa. I think it's time to face the facts.

Marissa: "We may as well just get this over with. Time to face the inevitable, right?"

I'm done with it, she thought. With all of it.

Marissa Dojo: Generation Four, Young Adult

Excitable, Friendly, Social Butterfly, Diva, Snob (jock social influence), Daredevil

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 10/26/13
« Reply #588 on: October 26, 2013, 01:35:40 PM »
As much as dynasty spouses dying can be appreciated...I think I'm on the verge of real-life tears now. :'( RIP Shannon.

As for Giles, I guess it was his time. But it wasn't Shannon's!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline rarespawn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #589 on: October 26, 2013, 04:00:29 PM »
Aww poor Shannon!

It's a good think sims can't die from running through the sprinkler too much, because otherwise all of my elder sims would die from that.

Poor Marissa too!!!  (Do I sense use of Grim's door or perhaps the future to get offspring with her lady love?!? I hope so!!).

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #590 on: October 26, 2013, 05:17:08 PM »
GILES DIED!?!? But he was GILES!
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #591 on: October 26, 2013, 09:15:53 PM »
Oh that is just too much!  First Giles, then Shannon!?!?!  Oh, poor Marissa and Dev...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Phantome-A

• Comic Immortal Dynasty
  • Townie
  • Sims-life where is the line?
« Reply #592 on: October 27, 2013, 01:07:43 AM »
NO not Shannon that's so not fair. Poor Marissa she was already so confused...stupid Grim  >:(

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 10/24/13
« Reply #593 on: October 27, 2013, 08:28:51 AM »
No!  Shannon can't have gone already!  :(

Also (and completely inappropriately, in view of Shannon's demise, what on earth is this animation  :D?

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #594 on: October 27, 2013, 11:02:37 AM »
Oh, that's awful :(  I really hate when sims die of anything other than old age.  It's so sad.

Devon handled it surprisingly stoically.  He's a good dad.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #595 on: October 27, 2013, 03:21:46 PM »

As much as dynasty spouses dying can be appreciated...I think I'm on the verge of real-life tears now. :'( RIP Shannon.

As for Giles, I guess it was his time. But it wasn't Shannon's!

Shannon's death was just so . . . needless. Seriously, there was plenty of room in the house.  >:(

Aww poor Shannon!

It's a good think sims can't die from running through the sprinkler too much, because otherwise all of my elder sims would die from that.

Poor Marissa too!!!  (Do I sense use of Grim's door or perhaps the future to get offspring with her lady love?!? I hope so!!)

Part of why I got rid of my sprinklers! Sims of all ages just can seem to leave them alone.

No, no Grim door, unfortunately. I have no idea if it's allowed, but I don't have that item anyway.

GILES DIED!?!? But he was GILES!

I know, right?

Oh that is just too much!  First Giles, then Shannon!?!?!  Oh, poor Marissa and Dev...

I figured I'd just lump Giles's passing in with Shannon's so we'd at least have fewer depressing updates. Like tearing off a band-aid . . .

NO not Shannon that's so not fair. Poor Marissa she was already so confused...stupid Grim  >:(

Get ready for even more confusion! Marissa got some seriously terrible luck as a teen. And she was going to be my happy, perfect simmie!  :(

No!  Shannon can't have gone already!  :(
Also (and completely inappropriately, in view of Shannon's demise, what on earth is this animation  :D?

Evan is an expert hackie-sac player. He can juggle it with his feet, and the sac moves with little golden sparkles around it. (University content.)

Oh, that's awful :(  I really hate when sims die of anything other than old age.  It's so sad.
Devon handled it surprisingly stoically.  He's a good dad.

Yeah, I worried about putting in that pool, but . . . see, this is why we can't have nice things! Well, there's more coping ahead, but yeah, I thought those interactions to cheer up his daughter were just super sweet.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #596 on: October 27, 2013, 03:22:15 PM »
Entrapment

The pool that had been opened to humor Romeo was promptly closed in loving memory of Shannon.

After his wife's untimely death, Devon returned to his martial arts with increased fervor.

He channeled his darker emotions into breaking space blocks with his bare hands.

And turned to meditation to try to find calm amid the storm.

Success, unfortunately, was rather limited.

Marissa, on the other hand, turned toward the task of finding a suitable father for her child-to-be with stone-faced resolve. There was no sense in delaying the inevitable, after all, and she was already miserable. Why not add a little more?

So she held an elegant soiree at the Butterfly Pavilion for the town's most eligible bachelors.

She looked on, eagerly, as they entered one by one, hoping she would sense chemistry with at least one of them, but she had no such luck. Now that attraction was ruled out as a factor, she turned to color. Unfortunately, although Giles and Evan had produced a myriad number of colorful daughters, they had produced only three colorful sons of an appropriate age. One of them, she decided, would have to do.

So when the last and eldest of the three appeared, Marissa decided to give it a shot. He was older, and in case things didn't work out he wouldn't be around as long. And besides, he was the best looking of her options. So she greeted him with her most alluring manner.

It seemed to trigger something, some latent attraction that said maybe men weren't so bad after all.

To her surprise, Asa instantly returned her interest and grabbed her into a sudden kiss. Strangely, she didn't pull away, even though he was barely an acquaintance.

Inappropriate, then? Well that was alright. She'd rather get this over as soon as possible anyway, and that trait would speed things right along.

She learned that he was good and neat and artistic, and a hopeless romantic too. Maybe that was why he was persuaded to go along with her plan so easily.

I'm going to need a baby, she explained. I'm a dynasty heiress and a politician besides. Now if I'm to succeed at running for office, I'm going to need to do this proper-like: a romantic proposal, a lavish wedding, a doting spouse--the picture of the perfect, happy family. Understand? We'll need to keep up appearances.

"So," she asked, looking deep into his eyes with her most soulful gaze and wrapping her arms around his neck, "are you in?"

Oh, he was in: hook, line, and sinker.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #597 on: October 27, 2013, 03:28:33 PM »
Awww... this is so sad.  I mean, the fact that after everything, she's going to have a "pretend" marriage... Poor thing!  Though Asa is adorable, so their nooboo should be gorgeous... still...

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #598 on: October 27, 2013, 03:48:04 PM »
So, the stereotype of the politician is playing nicely into her storyline.  I'm predicting an affair on the side (though perhaps that's slanted since I was just playing Zheena's file) which could add some interesting spice to her branch of the dynasty.

Offline kaylas

• Amateur Food Blogger and Gamer Girl!
  • Townie
« Reply #599 on: October 27, 2013, 03:51:49 PM »
Sooooooooo Lavender Dude? I look forward to that baby! Oh and poor Shannon. As for Giles, you should bring him back to life and make a spin off all about him!  ;D
Traits: Natural Cook, Animal Lover, Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Friendly, Ambitious (From University Degree: Science and Medicine)