Author Topic: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 4/6/14  (Read 442335 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 10/16/13
« Reply #540 on: October 19, 2013, 01:02:14 PM »
RIP William! (No one will miss you  :P .)

Oh, and Rhoxi, I have to say THANK YOU for having Ruby in the story because:

I was playing Kara and Bianca's daughter (from the alternate universe, who I gave a makeover and named Kat) and sent her to University and because of this story I noticed Ruby and sent her over to say hello and now they're deeply in love. I love the universe!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #541 on: October 20, 2013, 07:25:09 PM »

On a random note, I will be trying to update more regularly for a bit. I tend to be (and am currently) one generation ahead, but I'd really love for you guys to be able to vote on and choose the spouse for Gen 5. I seriously can't decide; too many good options! Plus, you know, audience participation and all that fun-ness!

All the death and stuff is definitely a sad note, but seeing the family support each other in it was sweetness in the midst of strife.  You balanced it out nicely.

Thanks! I love this family.

*sniffle* Good bye William... I really love him.  He will be missed.

I'm one of the few people who still kind of liked William (okay, it takes a lot for me to dislike an original townie spouse. Call it bias), and he tried to make things right, so rest in peace.

Vera and Wogan, sitting in a tree. Having post-immortality romance because why the heck not? ;D

Oh good, I'm not the only one! I liked William, but maybe I should've wrote him better so more people did too.  :P

And hey, why not is exactly what I thought too! Wogan just up and spontaneously asked her out. I wasn't even planning for her to see someone new but, well, it does seem rather Vera!

Evan the unconventional heart breaker ;) That sly dog.

I actually felt kinda bad having him break up the Hemlocks, considering they'd been married since . . . before Evan was born. So that's what, a 70 year vampiric marriage biting the dust? (Pun intended.  ::) )

lol Devon's pose cracked me up!

That was him posing for a sculpture, but doesn't it look like he's batting his eyes? I think so! And he has gorgeous eyes.

Good riddance Willie-Boy.  Oh Vera, it was sooo a date.

Oh yeah, soooo a date. RIP William

Yup. Definitely a date! In game, too; it really was a date call.

RIP William! (No one will miss you  :P .)

Oh, and Rhoxi, I have to say THANK YOU for having Ruby in the story because:

I was playing Kara and Bianca's daughter (from the alternate universe, who I gave a makeover and named Kat) and sent her to University and because of this story I noticed Ruby and sent her over to say hello and now they're deeply in love. I love the universe!

Oh bah! Azokka likes none of my current romances! Well, maybe you'll like gen 4 or 5's? I'm glad you've found a good place for Ruby. I'd have considered her more strongly if her and Devon had actually had a successful flirtatious interaction. I'm not sure why they didn't jive.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #542 on: October 20, 2013, 07:27:28 PM »
Golden Girl

Shannon and Devon took Marissa for one last play day. Devon watched contentedly, heart radiating with pride.

He loved being a dad, so it was no surprise when he got to do the honors for his girl's last carried trip to the cake.

Marissa sparkled and shimmered.

And became a little girl.

Isn't she lovely?

She was such a friendly little butterfly that Marissa insisted she throw a costume party to meet all of her second-cousins.

Marissa had a way with people and was so charming that she seemed to always be able to get what she wanted--and they were happy to oblige her.

Whether it was a bedtime story . . .

A day at the beach . . .

Or help with a snowman, the family was always eager to please. After all, Marissa was their little golden girl, and the apple of her father's eye.

Even her grandmother Vera was always painting portraits of her because she was so awesome!

Dad said that it was just because grandma was grieving and needed something to keep her busy, but Marissa was sure she knew better.

Besides, grandma Vera couldn't be that sad since she had that 'special friend' to talk to all the time.

That seemed nice; Marissa liked having friends. She was glad her grandmother had some too.

Only that night, grandma Vera did come home a little sad, but when Marissa asked why she just said:

Vera: "I had a wonderful time. So much so that . . . well."

Vera: "I haven't smiled like that in a very long while," she explained.

Marissa thought that was rather silly. Why would anyone be sad to smile?

But then, it seemed like grandma was always making things more difficult than they needed to be. Life was easy. You just smiled and shimmered and shone, and people loved you for it. And then when you asked, they read you bedtime stories.

And you went to bed happy and dreaming and knowing that life would always be as wonderful as it was right now.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 10/20/13
« Reply #543 on: October 20, 2013, 08:19:36 PM »
Eeee!  Marissa is just the cutest thing!  And I LOVE her voice.  She just sounds so happy!  I love that she's so spoiled and loved by everyone else.  Devon just makes a wonderful dad!

Offline Phantome-A

• Comic Immortal Dynasty
  • Townie
  • Sims-life where is the line?
« Reply #544 on: October 21, 2013, 01:57:20 AM »
Awwh it's so nice that Marissa is spoiled and knows it but isn't snotty at all, I can understand why everyone wants to please her so much she is just so sweet.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #545 on: October 21, 2013, 04:58:28 AM »
Oops, somehow missed a couple of chapters.

RIP William.  I didn't particularly like him but it's always sad to see the spouses (and the original townies) go.  I love the Vera/Wogan romance, even though it's probably going to mean more heartbreak for the poor girl in the future.  (I know she's a long way from being a girl but I just can't think of Vera as an old lady.)

Marissa is an adorable child.  I can't wait to see how she grows up.

Offline rarespawn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #546 on: October 21, 2013, 01:16:36 PM »
Wow...Marissa is so gorgeous!  You can really see it in that last bedtime story shot.  She is going to be a knockout!

I'm happy for Vera too!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kaylas

• Amateur Food Blogger and Gamer Girl!
  • Townie
« Reply #547 on: October 21, 2013, 05:06:08 PM »
If we had a contest for cutest sim kid in the Dojo series, I do believe Marissa would win!  ;D
Traits: Natural Cook, Animal Lover, Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Friendly, Ambitious (From University Degree: Science and Medicine)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #548 on: October 21, 2013, 09:25:55 PM »

Eeee!  Marissa is just the cutest thing!  And I LOVE her voice.  She just sounds so happy!  I love that she's so spoiled and loved by everyone else.  Devon just makes a wonderful dad!

Awwh it's so nice that Marissa is spoiled and knows it but isn't snotty at all, I can understand why everyone wants to please her so much she is just so sweet.

Oh good! I love Marissa, and since you do too it sounds like I'm writing her as intended: spoiled but lovable.

Oops, somehow missed a couple of chapters.

RIP William.  I didn't particularly like him but it's always sad to see the spouses (and the original townies) go.  I love the Vera/Wogan romance, even though it's probably going to mean more heartbreak for the poor girl in the future.  (I know she's a long way from being a girl but I just can't think of Vera as an old lady.)

Marissa is an adorable child.  I can't wait to see how she grows up.

I can't think of Vera as an old lady, and I'm the one playing her! She was always so rebellious and crazy. I'm not sure that it'll lead to heartbreak--okay well, maybe when Wogan eventually dies--but it does lead to an interesting question: who will Vera pick to share her life with at the end of the dynasty? Oh, decisions, decisions.

Wow...Marissa is so gorgeous!  You can really see it in that last bedtime story shot.  She is going to be a knockout!
I'm happy for Vera too!

She is absolutely a knockout. Seriously, I've had a lot of lovely sims in this dynasty and the first one but . . . Marissa may just take the cake, in my opinion.

If we had a contest for cutest sim kid in the Dojo series, I do believe Marissa would win!  ;D

I'm probably gonna have to agree with that! Although, hm . . . Percival was a reeeeaaaly cute kid too. Hm . . .

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #549 on: October 21, 2013, 09:26:17 PM »
A Wife Well-Chosen

In the middle of Marissa's child years, Devon and Shannon left for a working vacation in China, so that Devon could participate in the martial arts tournament.

He found that his wife made for an excellent sparring partner.

Devon: "Don't think I'm going to take it easy on you just because you're a girl," he taunted playfully.

Shannon threw it right back at him.

Shannon: "Good. Then I won't have to pretend to be weak to protect some fragile male ego!"

He considered himself a lucky man, for although his wife's traits might say she was hotheaded, with him Shannon had always been as smooth and as soft as butter. Maybe that was where her athletic fire came from, and how she was able to occasionally beat him despite being years behind in her martial arts training.

In the end, Devon defeated his most difficult opponent and was declared the winner of the tournament.

When they came home, however, Devon learned that he had chosen well for himself in marrying Shannon for yet another reason: she was unflirty.

For, after Elvira's death, his flirtatious and irresistible uncle Giles took a suddenly liking for Shannon.

Giles was not met with success.

He nevertheless kept on trying.

Giles eventually decided that his failure was due to his tactic of performing only one romantic interaction at a time. He therefore decided to try a barrage of successive interactions, to see if this would whittle her resolve down. After all, he was irresistible, right?

This led to the resolution of an interesting philosophical question: what happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?

According to Shannon, the immovable object wins.

And then precedes to go back indoors to celebrate her daughter's birthday.

Marissa aged up in her skivvies (and clearly inherited her mother's thin, athletic frame), but was surprisingly good-natured about it.

She even took the time to celebrate, eat cake with her family, and listen to her father's success stories before getting dressed.

Devon: "Yup, just got another promotion! Only one more to go!"

Marissa: "That's great, dad!"

Giles: "So what do you think you'll choose for your supermax, Marissa? Hey, maybe you could be a chef like your sexy mother here!"

Shannon: "I've got an even better idea, Giles. Maybe you should think twice about getting on the bad side of the person who handles your food. It might just get dropped on the floor. Or worse."

Devon just smiled to himself, nonplussed by his uncle's advances.

He knew where Shannon's affections lay, and she was indeed a wife well-chosen.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 10/21/13
« Reply #550 on: October 21, 2013, 09:31:14 PM »
Awwww!  That is just too sweet!  Oh Giles... you are adorable XD  *sniff*  I hate that he's an elder... lol I love the look Marissa gave when she aged up.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #551 on: October 21, 2013, 09:38:19 PM »
Good thing Shannon is unflirty; we don't need to repeat William's mistakes with someone else and add an icky layer of in-law love to it.

And getting to the top of the tournament in one trip? Wow. I recall that it took Samhain at least three. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline kaylas

• Amateur Food Blogger and Gamer Girl!
  • Townie
« Reply #552 on: October 22, 2013, 08:45:43 AM »
Even in her unmentionables Marissa is a beauty!
Traits: Natural Cook, Animal Lover, Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Friendly, Ambitious (From University Degree: Science and Medicine)

Offline rarespawn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #553 on: October 22, 2013, 02:54:05 PM »
lol...I love the picture where they are both glaring at each other in disgust. I've never thought of the unflirty trait as a benefit, but I may have to reconsider that now!

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #554 on: October 22, 2013, 03:08:17 PM »
Ah, very clever. Using Giles' advances of Shannon to hide the lack of a teenage makeover for Marissa. Guess we'll have to wait until next time for that. Very clever, Rhoxi!  ;)

anything