Author Topic: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 4/6/14  (Read 442359 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 9/20/13
« Reply #435 on: September 20, 2013, 03:42:03 PM »
Loved the part where she called him out for not being there for his poor, pregnant wife.   Cleverly written, as usual  ;=)

Offline kaylas

• Amateur Food Blogger and Gamer Girl!
  • Townie
« Reply #436 on: September 20, 2013, 05:18:50 PM »
Welcome to the world Casper!!!  Oh Gage, your cowardice is sooo precious! 
Traits: Natural Cook, Animal Lover, Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Friendly, Ambitious (From University Degree: Science and Medicine)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #437 on: September 21, 2013, 01:09:20 AM »
Good thing Casper isn't a ghostboo, or I have no idea how Gage would cope. :P I always loved his cowardly nature. I also hope that Casper got his eyes, just because I really like Gage's eyes.

And swampy romance is the best. Go Lilith!

As for the talk on spouses, since Devon can't marry his cousins, I have a good, educated guess on who his wife will be. I'll see if I'm right soon, right? ;D
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #438 on: September 21, 2013, 10:17:43 AM »
Can you post a photo, when Caspar ages up, it would be nice to see does he have Marivell's gorgeous eyes? Pleasepleaseplease...

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #439 on: September 21, 2013, 05:24:07 PM »
Oh my ghoul! LOL. Too bad he wasn't a ghost, as the name would have been even more fitting.

What is Gage's idea though? To get the whole family to move to sunlit tides?

"Oh my ghoul": haha!

Well, that would be telling now, wouldn't it?  ;)

Aw, a blueboo!  I love how Gage was using a phone call to escape from the confrontation of labor, you silly pink coward you.

I'm so happy to see Silvia settled and given all the attention she deserves.  And besides, Lillith is just as attractive as Freddie!  Get some tact, pinky.

Looks like they are just standing knee-deep in swamp.  It's strangely gorgeous.

"Pinky": I like it. I think you've just created a new nickname for Gage, whether he likes it or not.

Twinbrook's marshes are just lovely! The fog makes it so mysterious.

Gage will never change, won't he?  ;)
That was a totally amusing chapter, I love it how you include all the other Dojos. Nice work as as always.  ;D

Thanks! I'm having a lot of fun continuing with all the Dojos stories, bit by bit.

That was just awesome! hehehehe, I can't stop giggling at the fact that he was ignoring his wife in labor lol

Loved the part where she called him out for not being there for his poor, pregnant wife.   Cleverly written, as usual  ;=)

Hehe, thanks! It just seemed kinda fitting for a coward. Such a fun trait to play with!

Welcome to the world Casper!!!  Oh Gage, your cowardice is sooo precious! 

I admit, I was kinda hoping he'd actually faint when he walked in on her giving birth.  ;D

Good thing Casper isn't a ghostboo, or I have no idea how Gage would cope. :P I always loved his cowardly nature. I also hope that Casper got his eyes, just because I really like Gage's eyes.

And swampy romance is the best. Go Lilith!

As for the talk on spouses, since Devon can't marry his cousins, I have a good, educated guess on who his wife will be. I'll see if I'm right soon, right? ;D

Hahaha! I don't know what Gage would do with a ghostboo! But I bet it would be hiiiiiilarious!

I'm curious to know who you think it is! PM me?

Can you post a photo, when Caspar ages up, it would be nice to see does he have Marivell's gorgeous eyes? Pleasepleaseplease...

Hehe, no worries! There will of course be pictures of all the adorable nooboos!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #440 on: September 21, 2013, 05:24:49 PM »
Changes

Samura: Next, Gage called Darcy, the one he knew it would be hardest to convince . . .

Gage: "Darcy! You don't call; you don't write. You don't even return messages now, too?"

Darcy: "Ah, yes. I got your message. About that . . . Look, Gage. Doreen and I are very happy here."

Darcy: "Our daughter Ada just had her first birthday."

Darcy: "She's the sweetest little girl, such a great combination of the two of us!"

Darcy: "Doreen is already ready to get started on another. The horses are enjoying the fresh air. The garden is blooming."

Darcy: "Besides, you know a place like . . . that . . . wouldn't really suit us. And I'm not interested in changing just to make sure it does. I'm sorry, Gage."

Gage: "Just . . . think about it? Okay?"

Darcy: "No promises. I gotta go."

*click*

Gage just stared at his phone, dejected.

But little did he know, an unexpected source was about to provide Darcy the impetus he needed.

In the form of a letter . . .

from his mother.

Darcy,

Hi!  It's your mother.  I'm writing from all the way on the other side of the Simsverse.  I'm in the kitchen of my very own house on Isla Paradiso, sipping coffee and watching the sun rise while your brother and sisters sleep for the last five minutes before the bus comes.

How have you been?  It's so hard to stay in touch with the family these days.  I suppose I understand that I'm the last person your father wants to hear from.  I know I made him miserable.  And I can't claim that I've changed.  I'm still me, but son, everything else has changed!

I met someone who understands.  And for once, he's entirely enough for me and (I think) I'm entirely enough for him.  In fact, we freed a genie recently (and I hope you're doing the same.  They are your cousins too, young man) who is a gorgeous young woman that both of us find stunningly attractive, but when left to our own devices, we only wish to flirt with each other. 

It's miraculous really!  I keep waiting to wake up and realize the honeymoon is over and instead I wake up just as intoxicated with my new life as I was the day it started.

You have a sister and a brother now!  Clover is very much like you in temperment while Sam reminds me more of your father, particularly when it comes to being attracted to dangerous supernatural women (ha ha).  My life partner also adopted a plant sim named Elodie.  She is not mine, technically, but I'm her mother, so by extension, you are her brother too! 

Freddie always says she's going to be trouble.  That's his name.  The man I'm with.  You wouldn't approve at all, but honestly, I think we balance one another. 

Please tell me how things are.  I know I'm not the traditional mom with homecooked meals (though I'm great at burning things) and wise advice on a calm, stable life, but I love you and think of you always. 

Send a postcard or something!  My lifespan is on medium at the moment so I'm going to die again soon.  We both know nothing is permanent, but please, skip to it.  Ghosts can't write back.

Your favorite mom,

Shawnya Clojo

Darcy put the letter down with a sigh. That was his mother alright.

It was true that his parents had never been happy together, or at least, not for very long. His mother's flirtatious advances had seen to that.

Faults aside, she had nevertheless always been a good mother, and they had shared something special.

Shawnya: "I have a little secret for you, Darcy! They all think you're rainbow, like your father, but I know better!"

Shawnya: "You're blue, just like I used to be. You see, they made me give up my genie powers to join the family, but I tricked them! I kept just the tiniest bit of my magic and passed it on to you!"

Maybe that was why he'd always felt so connected to her. They shared a secret--a secret he'd kept until the birth of his daughter Lilith gave it away.

But for his mother's magic, the rainbow would've ended with him.

It had been so long since he thought about that secret.

Darcy trudged upstairs to put his daughter to bed, thoughts weighing heavily on his mind.

He looked into her round, brown eyes, shining with love. Ada was a daddy's girl, alright, no doubt about it.

It would be a shame, he thought, for her to grow up not knowing her heritage, her cousins.

After a chat with Doreen, he pulled out his phone.

Darcy: "I've had a change of heart. Count us in!"

Gage: "Excellent! Can't wait!"

There was just one last thing he needed to wrap up before he left.

Darcy: "One Vial of Bottled Genie, please!"

It was time for a change after all.

Curious to find out more about Shawnya? Check out Tilia's 4x4 Dynasty!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 9/21/13
« Reply #441 on: September 21, 2013, 05:59:48 PM »
Oh goodness.  That last line melted my heart :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #442 on: September 21, 2013, 06:38:30 PM »
Darcy as a Genie? That would be such a great way to finally reconcile his family with this lifestate.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #443 on: September 21, 2013, 10:55:39 PM »
Awww!  That was so sweet!  I really love how you guys have connected your stories like this!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #444 on: September 22, 2013, 02:54:50 AM »
Oh my gosh. Can't believe I didn't know Tilia had a new dynasty. Obviously have to check it out now. Freddie Classic and Shawnya Dojo, settling down? Of all the things! Love this new development and all the mystery, although the mystery gets less mysterious as we go on.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline kaylas

• Amateur Food Blogger and Gamer Girl!
  • Townie
« Reply #445 on: September 22, 2013, 11:06:12 AM »
Darcy as a Genie?!?!?!?   Can't wait to see that. Although, I think Darcy's family should stay where they are. They are perfectly happy there.
Traits: Natural Cook, Animal Lover, Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Friendly, Ambitious (From University Degree: Science and Medicine)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #446 on: September 28, 2013, 05:34:54 PM »

Oh goodness.  That last line melted my heart :)

Coming from the expert on heart-meltiness, I take that as high praise. You always have a way of making me go, "Aw!" and well up in the eyes a bit.

Darcy as a Genie? That would be such a great way to finally reconcile his family with this lifestate.

Darcy as a Genie?!?!?!?   Can't wait to see that. Although, I think Darcy's family should stay where they are. They are perfectly happy there.

I know! Darcy! Who'd have thought? I never would've if Tilia had written such a touching letter that I just had to make him one in his mother's honor. Darcy is happy there, but a certain someone (okay me) wants all the Dojos back in one game file again so all their kids can be adorable together and stuff.

Awww!  That was so sweet!  I really love how you guys have connected your stories like this!

I absolutely love cross-overs! It was all Tilia's idea to match Freddie and Shawnya. I had to sit on the secret for, seriously, like months before she did something about it!

Oh my gosh. Can't believe I didn't know Tilia had a new dynasty. Obviously have to check it out now. Freddie Classic and Shawnya Dojo, settling down? Of all the things! Love this new development and all the mystery, although the mystery gets less mysterious as we go on.

Obviously! Yeah, it's not really very mysterious, is it? I'm pretty sure you can all guess to what town the Dojos are moving!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #447 on: September 28, 2013, 05:35:19 PM »
Devon the Disciplined

The sound of Vera's voice calling loudly interrupted Samura's story.

Vera: "Mooo-om! Come on, we're waiting on you. It's birthday time!"

Gwenyth: "Duty calls, mom. Catch me up on the rest of the family soon?"

Samura: You know it.

First it was Giles's turn.

Giles Dojo: Elder

Daredevil, Genius, Loves the Outdoors, Flirty, Irresistible, Workaholic

Then Devon's.

Devon Dojo: Young Adult

Daredevil, Loves the Outdoors, Brave, Disciplined, Virtuoso, Natural Born Performer

The birthday boys decided to take a dip in the hot tub, while Vera watched anxiously from the window. She'd palmed the unpleasant task of dropping the the big news off on her brother. After all, he was the one who had told her, so she figured he had experience with these things!

Giles: "So by the way, you're a dynasty heir."

Devon just looked at his uncle, all ease and nonchalance. "Oh yeah? Guess I better actually pay attention to my studies then, huh?"

Vera sighed. Well, that was her son alright: either too easy-going to feel the burden, or too cool to let it show. Who could tell?

She often wondered what went on in that pretty little head of his. Was he actually going to study hard? Finally take a break and go party? He was inscrutable; it was maddening!

But Devon just packed his bags with calm aplomb, and pecked a kiss on her cheek on his way out the door.

Devon: "Bye mom, bye dad! Grams, Uncle Giles, Uncle Evan."

"Go meet a nice girl," Vera shouted, just to see if she could get a rise out her son. "I want grandbabies, and soon!"

Nope. Not even a blush.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 9/28/13
« Reply #448 on: September 28, 2013, 05:50:02 PM »
LOL!  I love that parting line.  Just perfect.  And Oh.  My. Watcher... Devon just keeps getting better!  I really shouldn't be drooling over a pixelated representation, but... I am!  And I am unashamed! lol

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 9/28/13
« Reply #449 on: September 28, 2013, 06:44:31 PM »
So, is the plan for all of the heirs to head off to University, or is that how it's been thus far?  I was just curious.