Author Topic: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 4/6/14  (Read 442197 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 9/5/13
« Reply #405 on: September 05, 2013, 10:14:46 PM »
Now that is a gorgeous teen! And now the last sentence makes me want a new update.

Totally agree with Trip here!  Devon is just adorable!  Adorable in a totally hot way, of course XD.  And-and... cliff-hangers!  ARGH!

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #406 on: September 06, 2013, 12:15:25 AM »
Handsome Devon! I'll bet he's the next teenage girl heartthrob. As for Everette on The Bachelorette, how did you (or the game) do that? Great job on the story so far!   :)
It looks like a photoshop/picture editing software edit to me. (the picture shrunk and stretched over the television screen in the main picture). An absolutely seamless photoshop/picture editing software edit. It's fantastic!  :)

And Devon does look absolutely handsome! Must be the luck of the fourth-gens, eh?

ETA: Oh, wait, Devon's third-gen. I got confused.  :-\ I should have said, "luck of Gwenyth's grandchildren."
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #407 on: September 06, 2013, 04:43:16 AM »
Devon is a gorgeous teen, I love his looks and what we could see of his personality.

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #408 on: September 08, 2013, 03:13:04 AM »
Devon is cute! Sadly the famous "Dojo eyes" are gone  :(  Hopefully you can get them back somehow.

P.S. Does any of Giles's children have those eyes?

P.P.S. I hope that Devon will find his own way to survive. Because, for me, he doesn't sound as rebellious as Vera or Gwenyth.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #409 on: September 08, 2013, 07:24:14 AM »
Devon is cute! Sadly the famous "Dojo eyes" are gone  :(  Hopefully you can get them back somehow.

P.P.S. I hope that Devon will find his own way to survive. Because, for me, he doesn't sound as rebellious as Vera or Gwenyth.

Perhaps Devon is deliberately being not rebellious, therefore "rebelling" against his mother and grandmother.  :P

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #410 on: September 08, 2013, 06:54:27 PM »

Handsome Devon! I'll bet he's the next teenage girl heartthrob. As for Everette on The Bachelorette, how did you (or the game) do that? Great job on the story so far!   :)

It looks like a photoshop/picture editing software edit to me. (the picture shrunk and stretched over the television screen in the main picture). An absolutely seamless photoshop/picture editing software edit. It's fantastic!  :)

And Devon does look absolutely handsome! Must be the luck of the fourth-gens, eh?

ETA: Oh, wait, Devon's third-gen. I got confused.  :-\ I should have said, "luck of Gwenyth's grandchildren."

The tv screen was actually done in game (although photoshop was a good guess!). Rosa uploaded Devin, the host of the show, for me to use. Then I went into an old dynasty save, plopped Devin and Everette in the house, constructed a backdrop similar to the Bachelorette's fireplace, had a sim record them talking with the in-came camcorder, and then watch the home video on the tv. Whew! Photoshop probably would've been easier! I intend to use this little set up more than once, though, because seriously, how awesome is it for the family to be able to actually watch Everette on tv?

Devon is so cute! I love that the Bridgeport-Dojo face is different from the Moonlight Falls-Dojo face. It's thinner, I think--less baby-face Everette.

Love, love, LOVE Vera's epic sunglasses! And goooo Evan! Populate the city with rainboos!

It is quite different. There's a very, very heavy Sinjon influence. So far both Vera and Devon are almost all Sinjon.

The glasses are totally the suggestion of Gwendy, when she requested pics of the Dojo clan in shades creating explosions. I had to take her up on the suggestion because, you know, epic!

Now that is a gorgeous teen! And now the last sentence makes me want a new update.

Good! Wait no more!  ;D

Totally agree with Trip here!  Devon is just adorable!  Adorable in a totally hot way, of course XD.  And-and... cliff-hangers!  ARGH!

Devon is a gorgeous teen, I love his looks and what we could see of his personality.

So many votes for Devon's good looks! I'm in agreement here. He's going to do martial arts and be all buff and stuff too so, you can look forward to that. No really, no thanks needed. Happy to do it.  :P

Yeah, we did lose the eye tilt in this generation, but I really can't complain. And who knows, several of Giles's and Evan's kids have it, so maybe it'll pop back up?

I think you're right about that.  ;)

Perhaps Devon is deliberately being not rebellious, therefore "rebelling" against his mother and grandmother.  :P

It really is all relative, isn't it?

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #411 on: September 08, 2013, 06:54:48 PM »
Apples: Part II

Since the apple didn't fall far from the tree, he too felt bound by the same fate: parties, drama, dancing, celebrity, romance, heartache, and lots of rebellion.

Until something happened, to change all of that.

Sinjon: "You were out all night, drinking mixed drinks and partying!?"

Devon: "But Gramps, I was just--"

Sinjon: "No excuses! I expected better of you, Devon. You're turning out just like your mother."

And that was the last thing his grandfather ever told him. They never got the chance to reconcile.

Sinjon just stepped out of the shower one day and felt a little light-headed.

And just like that, he was gone.

Just an ordinary day, just an ordinary shower, and then . . . an afterlife? nothingness?

Grandma Gwenyth says the dead remain, that they speak to us if we will listen. That didn't seem to stop her from feeling loss.

He wanted to make some sense of it all.

He tried to hear the voices Grandma Gwenyth spoke about, but they were silent. There was only one voice he could hear, saying the words over and over. You're turning out just like your mother.

No offense to her but, what if he didn't want to be like his mother? I mean, she was great and everything, but sometimes her life was just a little too exciting, you know? I mean, what if he wanted to be like someone else? Or only be be like certain parts of his family? Or be someone completely different?

Alone in his room, listening to music, a sudden memory came back to him.

A present Gramps had given him on his birthday.

Sinjon: "Don't think I have noticed that little ditty you keep whistling, kiddo."

Devon: "Huh?"

Sinjon: "I think you'll enjoy it. Go on, try out those strings."

He made a decision: no more parties, no more late night antics. Just music.

As they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

But who's to say it's got to stay there?

This one's for you, Gramps.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 9/8/13
« Reply #412 on: September 08, 2013, 08:11:25 PM »
Rockin' out for Gramps.  That seems a fitting tribute, somehow.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #413 on: September 08, 2013, 08:15:56 PM »
Gawd, that last line. :'(

RIP Sinjon. Thanks for your gorgeous genes.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #414 on: September 08, 2013, 09:55:17 PM »
Awwww!  That was just heart-wrenching.  Beautiful, but heart-wrenching.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #415 on: September 09, 2013, 12:03:43 AM »
Devon is so ... pretty.  I mean, almost androgynous with the planes of his face and those lips.  He's what teen musician heart-throbs are made of, you know.

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
« Reply #416 on: September 09, 2013, 03:53:18 AM »
R.I.P. Sinjon. You'll be missed.

Anyway, go Devon! As nearly everyone else has mentioned, that final line was lovely. Is he going to supermax guitar? If he does, good luck. It's a hard skill.
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #417 on: September 09, 2013, 01:54:49 PM »
I think that I know that feeling. That the last thing you spoke with your soon-to-be-dead relative, was something mean you were never able to reconcile. I hope Devon will see Sinjon soon enough not to do anything stupid to deal with his grief.

RIP Sinjon.

Offline kaylas

• Amateur Food Blogger and Gamer Girl!
  • Townie
« Reply #418 on: September 09, 2013, 03:08:54 PM »
RIP Sinjon, may your legacy live on forever. Devon looks good with the blue tips in his hair.
Traits: Natural Cook, Animal Lover, Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Friendly, Ambitious (From University Degree: Science and Medicine)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #419 on: September 10, 2013, 05:10:48 PM »
Devon is gorgeous. I love the androgynous look ;) Sinjon was an excellent Dojo spouse, somehow combining fathering the next generation of rainboos and some extracurriculars! Very touchingly written, and I like reason for his turnaround. Good job with The Bachelorette, by the way, for a second I was confused as to where you got the house! Lol
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

anything