Author Topic: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 4/6/14  (Read 442212 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 4/17/13
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2013, 11:33:53 PM »
Whoa!  Vera is gorgeous.  Great job with her hair/make up.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2013, 11:43:01 PM »
What a nice older sister Vera is, having her little twig-of-a-brother drag over all those logs while she simply pokes at the fire. They're as big as he is!  ::)
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #137 on: April 18, 2013, 01:03:11 AM »
I foresee many years of bonfire birthday bashes for the Daredevil Dojos. Vera is altogether too cool-looking, as she has such fantastic traits. What a combination! So perfect! I love it. Is she going to be an Art Appraiser?  ???
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2013, 06:14:37 AM »
Gwenyth: "Hm, fire? Well all right then."

Love it. Vera looks awesome as a teen. I love how Sinjon (I think it's Sinjon) has put his clothes back on towards the end. Clearly the smart one.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #139 on: April 18, 2013, 06:57:27 AM »
My first thought when I saw Vera was, "woah!" She looks amazing. Looks like she got the best features of both parents. I bet she looks even more beautiful as she gets older.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2013, 10:20:12 AM »
Lovely!  Hehehe, the daredevil trait is so much fun.  Is it bad I totally identify with the need to play with fire?

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2013, 09:07:02 PM »
I realize it's been awhile, so I just wanted to respond to comments and let you all know that I have by no means abandoned this story! Just been busy with studying for finals and life craziness!

It's cool, Nathaniel feels just the same way (just kidding  ;) *loads cannons*)

Edit: I just now noticed the actual post! *Facepalm* Vera is really a beauty. I love how she's keeping the cool, modern, edgy style in the dynasty!

I'm thinking most of the characters will be fairly modern looking. It's kind of refreshing after so many generations of traditional kimono garb and grey hair.

Yes, Vera is an awesome-looking nerd.  I so enjoy your rainboos.  Ordinary Sims look so bland by comparison (insert me pouting here)

Aw, no pouting! If you like rainbow sims, go make some! They are tons of fun to play with, and it certainly helps make them more unique looking.

Whoa!  Vera is gorgeous.  Great job with her hair/make up.

Thanks! She was actually really difficult to style. It's probably hard to tell, but her eyebrow ridge is unusually high. Those eye brows were the only ones that set a little lower and still looked normal. If you look carefully at sort of a 3/4 view, you can tell the eyebrow and the nose don't run together quite right. There's sort of a bump. Dreads are dark make-up were kind of a saving grace on her, too. All in all, I love how she looks, but I definitely spent a looooong time playing around in CaS.

What a nice older sister Vera is, having her little twig-of-a-brother drag over all those logs while she simply pokes at the fire. They're as big as he is!  ::)

She is indeed a most thoughtful big sister.  ;D

I foresee many years of bonfire birthday bashes for the Daredevil Dojos. Vera is altogether too cool-looking, as she has such fantastic traits. What a combination! So perfect! I love it. Is she going to be an Art Appraiser?  ???

I love the new bonfire parties! It just works so perfectly with the beach, and I like that the guests actually gather around it instead of running off to do whatever else is on the lot. I'm a little wary of rabbit hole careers after some glitches I had with them in the last dynasty. She's going to do sculpting for the official career, then do art appraiser later just for fun.

Love it. Vera looks awesome as a teen. I love how Sinjon (I think it's Sinjon) has put his clothes back on towards the end. Clearly the smart one.

Yeah, they were starting to get cold. Oddly enough, the fire does not seem to keep the sims warm, which is kinda counter-intuitive. I had to tell most of them to get dressed as the evening continued.

My first thought when I saw Vera was, "woah!" She looks amazing. Looks like she got the best features of both parents. I bet she looks even more beautiful as she gets older.

Aside from the nose, she is all Sinjon. I'll have to show some side views of her face so you can tell. Sinjon's genes, I think, are going to have a big influence on this group of Dojos. It's true, her eyes get a little wider and really pop when she ages up again.

Lovely!  Hehehe, the daredevil trait is so much fun.  Is it bad I totally identify with the need to play with fire?

Not at all! Just, you know, buy the Fireproof Homestead reward before you do!  :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2013, 09:13:11 PM »
Actually (spoiler alert), I'm going to have Sims based on the various color sliders as the contestants in my new season of the College Daze Challenge.  You inspired me  :=)

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2013, 03:25:09 PM »
Vera is indeed really lovely! I love the contrast of her striking colour and sort of gothic outfit. You did a great job with her.
I'm not sure, but is there anywhere a **ible spouse in sight?  :D

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2013, 09:57:15 PM »
Actually (spoiler alert), I'm going to have Sims based on the various color sliders as the contestants in my new season of the College Daze Challenge.  You inspired me  :=)

Oh, how fun! I don't wander over into the Miscellaneous stories very often, but I'll have to check that out!

Vera is indeed really lovely! I love the contrast of her striking colour and sort of gothic outfit. You did a great job with her.
I'm not sure, but is there anywhere a **ible spouse in sight?  :D

Thanks! I actually have a particular townie sim in mind for Vera, but you'll just have to guess who for now!  ;D

Sinjon's Daughter

Gwenyth couldn't help but be amazed by this daughter of her's and Sinjon's. She was so exotically beautiful, that she found herself stopping to stare at the most mundane moments.

Vera eating breakfast.

Vera playing in the sprinklers. (She must remember to lock the door to the garden!)

Yet despite that, Gwenyth couldn't help but feel a strange pain in her heart. Why did Vera have to look so much like Sinjon? The high eyebrow ridge, the roundness to her forehead, and those gorgeous, pouting lips. Had she contributed anything except her nose to this beautiful creature?

Sometimes she peeked into her daughter's bedroom at night, just to watch her sleep. Perhaps it was unkind of her to resent Sinjon's contributions to Vera's features. He was her father, after all, and unlike her, Sinjon wouldn't be immortal. Perhaps he deserved to be preserved for later generations to remember.

Perhaps. But all Gwenyth could see was a living reminder that she had been with any other man but Carmen.

It had been so many years. Sometimes she worried that her memories of him were dimming. She had to see him again, any way she could.

So Gwenyth built a state of the art science laboratory in the basement and started learning a new skill. Or a very old one, depending on how you look at it.

She also tried to keep her mind pre-occupied by taking up a new hobby in online gaming and designing a beautiful new living room to boot.

Samura: *Ahem!* Well, that's an extraordinarily large television for a dynasty.

Gwenyth: "Yeah, yeah, mom. I know. In your dynasty we could only have that outdated old thing so no one could learn skills. Things are changing; keep up with the times!"

Samura: We also didn't have a laboratory. What's with that?

Gwenyth: "It's called science, mom. It's a new skill."

While Gwenyth worried over Vera's features, she hoped desperately that one of her sons, at least, would look something like her. Did Evan have those tilted eyes? It was too early to tell.

So she enjoyed the toddler cuteness while it lasted.

Sinjon taught Evan to walk, while Romeo tutored Vera in her homework.

After all, yet another birthday was whizzing by, reminding her to cherish every moment.

Sinjon, considerably younger than her, was finally having his adult birthday!

He decided to ditch the hat, at least except for his outerwear. Sinjon said it covered up his face too much, and if he was ever going to be a movie star he'd need to be recognized.

Now, if only Gwenyth could fulfill her promise to him to make that lifetime wish of his come true . . .

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 4/24/13
« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2013, 10:04:21 PM »
Still can't get over how beautiful Vera is.  She's just gorgeous.  And her wardrobe is just so her!  Hm... who could it be!  Must know!  *eye twitches as I try to figure it out*

Awww, poor Gwenyth!  *sniffle*  Don't worry Gwenyth, you'll see Carmen again.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2013, 10:19:01 PM »
I can't believe I never noticed how handsome Sinjon is . . . then, I was always too busy concentrating on Gwenyth's epicness to pay attention to her underlings. Evan is too cute! I don't think he has the tilted eyes, which is a shame.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline shaunta

• Townie
« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2013, 10:28:02 PM »

Awesome, you should go for it! I'll be keeping an eye out. My very first post on this forum was the start of an Immortal Dynasty story, so don't feel shy about jumping right in!
I actually have another story in mind to start with and give my self some time to plan out a good strategy before setting out on that road! so be on the look out for something from me in a few days!

Yay!!  Now we can start reading Shaunta's stories!  I always enjoy your comments and look forward to reading your dynasty.  I actually read this dynasty and the Samura one before i even thought about trying to start Jamal's dynasty.
I thank you Pippn and really enjoy Jamal and his antics! I read Pam's Dreamwear's Dynasty first and that made want to read more from other people and it gave me many ideas on how to go about it! I am excited to try and  have been running some test games before hand!

>>> Ok for the real comment now lol- Sinjon is very smexy in a old school way. And Vera is gorgeous I love that hair from Uni it compliments so many different facial structures. Excellent update.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2013, 11:58:03 AM »
I'm so curious to see her future husband.  ;)
Oh, and I know some sims that love plaing with the sprinkler, too. That thing has to be magical or something else...
By the way, I love the tone of this chapter. It gives even more depth into the charcter of Gwenyth.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2013, 08:03:00 PM »
That bittersweetness about Vera was so true. It was one of those times that a dynasty feels really real, especially in this unusual situation.

That. Lab. Is. Gorgeous. I think I need to completely redo the Callahan's lab now. I like yours much better. Wow. I seriously love it. Where do those overhead lights come from?

Did I mention I love the lab? I can't get over that.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04