Author Topic: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 4/6/14  (Read 442149 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 4/13/13
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2013, 10:08:15 PM »

Thanks, Rhoxi  :=)

You're welcome! Hope you enjoy.

I like Gwenyth's and the dojo's new styles - and having Samura as Watcher and providing the updates on the others is a great idea.  A whole dynasty of daredevils?  That should be... fun 8).  Good luck with the Bridgeport Rainboo Creation Scheme and congratulations to Gwenyth (again)!

Thanks! Samura watching was one of those serendipitous moments. I knew I wanted Gwenyth to do her own dynasty, and that I wanted Samura to die at the end. Putting the two of them together gave me the reason I needed for Samura to make that decision. The daredevils are certainly fun!

Congrats for Gwenyth! She looks great as an elder.:
In my Blackburn Dynasty, Chantelle aged up to elder in that outfit too! I find a lot of my female elders are aging up in that stupid dress. :P

I agree, she's lookin' pretty good despite the age, and we really need better elder clothes! That dress can be cute, but it's certainly not "Gwenyth".

Rhoxi, Many congrats on your first Immortal (again)! I recently finished Samura's Dynasty and I must say I really enjoyed it! So glad to have caught Gwenyth's Dynasty early on!

Aw, thank you! I had so much fun with Samura that I just had to continue. It's always awesome to have a new reader. I've noticed you in the Immortal Dynasty thread a good bit lately. Are you thinking about doing a dynasty yourself?

Hooray, Gwyneth is immortal... again!

Thanks! Poor Gwenyth, a whole second eternity as an elder. Should I feel bad?

Yes, may I use Everette, please? ;)

You go Gwyneth!

NO! NO YOU MAY NOT, ROSA!

. . . Okay, never mind. Sure!  ;D This gave me a good laugh, by the way.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2013, 10:08:40 PM »
Perceptive

It was strange, being a child genius.

Vera: "Oh, come on. What's the point of having a brainy little brother if he doesn't help with homework! This is lame!"

Giles: *thinking* So if I found the square root and divided it by--

Vera: *sigh* "Snap out of it and help!"

So perhaps it was no wonder that he was the first of Gwenyth's children to realize what was really going on around here.

His suspicion started when he saw his mother with the food replicator.

Then there was the strange, glowing meal she ate that made her sparkle, and the serious conversation between his parents while she ate it.

Sinjon: "Just promise me you'll take care of our daughter. If there's anyone who can show her how to handle immortality, it's you."

Gwenyth: "I will. She's going to be a wonderful artist, you know!"

The shoe finally dropped when he saw his mother talking to some strange voice in the sky.

It all made so much sense now.

Giles: "By George, I think I'm in a dynasty!"

He pondered this for a few hours before deciding that he supposed, since there was no way around it, that that was alright with him. He tried to ask his older sister Vera what she thought of it. Did she think she would enjoy immortality?

Vera: "Immortality? Don't be stupid, Giles!"

Somehow, he suspected that she did not believe him.

Well, he had tried to warn her, and she would find out soon enough.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 4/15/13
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2013, 10:13:56 PM »
I'm already a Giles fan.  Nice touch having the non-heir be the self-aware dynasty participant.  It adds an interesting twist.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2013, 01:11:12 AM »
I started your original Dojo dynasty last night and just finished reading Gwenyth's tonight.  Absolutely love it!  I love the fact that my three favorite dynasties so far- Classic, Elysi, and Dojo- keep being mentioned together at some point or another!  Really love Giles!  Have to agree with Peregrine about him being the self-aware one and yet not being the heir ^^

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2013, 03:02:38 AM »

:D  (Must remember not to read future updates while drinking tea.)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2013, 11:13:39 AM »
Truly hilarious update! I especially enjoyed Giles's perspective--can I trade my little brother for him? Pleeaaaaase? He's not rainbow, but he is quite loud!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2013, 02:58:23 PM »

NO! NO YOU MAY NOT, ROSA!

. . . Okay, never mind. Sure!  ;D This gave me a good laugh, by the way.

Whew, scared me for a minute there. I thought I was going to have to pull Everette out of The Bachelorette! ;)

I started your original Dojo dynasty last night and just finished reading Gwenyth's tonight.  Absolutely love it!  I love the fact that my three favorite dynasties so far- Classic, Elysi, and Dojo- keep being mentioned together at some point or another!  Really love Giles!  Have to agree with Peregrine about him being the self-aware one and yet not being the heir ^^

Two out of the three are also in The Bachelorette. Not to plug my own story on someone else's thread, but since you enjoy reading about them together, maybe you'd like to see a Dojo and an Elysi compete for the affections of a lady.

Giles is a treasure. I look forward to hearing more from him. He's so cute and smart.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2013, 03:14:14 PM »
Well, this adds a twist of sorts. I laughed so hard at it too!
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline shaunta

• Townie
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2013, 04:34:18 PM »

Aw, thank you! I had so much fun with Samura that I just had to continue. It's always awesome to have a new reader. I've noticed you in the Immortal Dynasty thread a good bit lately. Are you thinking about doing a dynasty yourself?

Yes I am, so I'm stalking all of you fabulous writers here for strategy and ideas! not to mention I love to read the stories they are exciting and very entertaining.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2013, 05:21:28 PM »
Yay!!  Now we can start reading Shaunta's stories!  I always enjoy your comments and look forward to reading your dynasty.  I actually read this dynasty and the Samura one before i even thought about trying to start Jamal's dynasty.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2013, 05:22:12 PM »
Whew, scared me for a minute there. I thought I was going to have to pull Everette out of The Bachelorette! ;)

Two out of the three are also in The Bachelorette. Not to plug my own story on someone else's thread, but since you enjoy reading about them together, maybe you'd like to see a Dojo and an Elysi compete for the affections of a lady.

Giles is a treasure. I look forward to hearing more from him. He's so cute and smart.

Lol, yeah, that's one of my next projects to begin reading.  I'm slowly making my way through a number of the different stories.  The Bachleorette is one of the next ones I plan on reading.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2013, 11:05:19 PM »

I'm already a Giles fan.  Nice touch having the non-heir be the self-aware dynasty participant.  It adds an interesting twist.

Thanks! It was really all Giles that was the inspiration for that. He did this really pensive pose right when Gwenyth was doing her "Ah-ha!" eccentric thing, and he just looked like he was all figuring it out.

Wow, thank you! Yeah, I'm not sure how exactly it happened, but we've been writing stories all at about the same time, and I think we've all been reading each other's stories since the beginning too. That's some serendipitous mutual fan-dom there! You should definitely check out The Bachelorette as well.

:D  (Must remember not to read future updates while drinking tea.)

Well, this adds a twist of sorts. I laughed so hard at it too!

Haha! He seemed a little young for the line, but then again he is a bit old for his age. Glad it amused!

Truly hilarious update! I especially enjoyed Giles's perspective--can I trade my little brother for him? Pleeaaaaase? He's not rainbow, but he is quite loud!

You know, you had me right up until the not rainbow part.  ;)

Competition? Pffft! What competition! (Just kidding Azokka! *ducks and runs for cover*)  ;D

Yes I am, so I'm stalking all of you fabulous writers here for strategy and ideas! not to mention I love to read the stories they are exciting and very entertaining.

Yay!!  Now we can start reading Shaunta's stories!  I always enjoy your comments and look forward to reading your dynasty.  I actually read this dynasty and the Samura one before i even thought about trying to start Jamal's dynasty.

Awesome, you should go for it! I'll be keeping an eye out. My very first post on this forum was the start of an Immortal Dynasty story, so don't feel shy about jumping right in!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2013, 11:06:20 PM »

Party at Daredevil Cove

For her property, Gwenyth had purchased Smuggler's Cove and promptly renamed it to Daredevil Cove. (Clearly, a more suitable name.) She had also outfitted it with new University content including--and what could be more perfect for a beach--the new fire pit.

It was a bit chilly for a beach party, being fall, but with a fire to keep them warm it was the perfect spot for a party. So Vera decided to use a line from Giles's book and persuade her mother through the power of logic.

Vera: "Please, mom? Can we please throw a bonfire party? I mean, there's fire! I want to play with the fire!"

Okay, so maybe that wasn't logic, but she was sure that argument appealed to her mother too.

Gwenyth: "Hm, fire? Well all right then."

It was the best teen birthday bash that Vera could've hoped for!

Okay well, maybe it could've been better if she had aged up in a swimsuit that actually matched, but whatever!

Vera: "Come on, bro! Faster, faster! We need to make it bigger!"

Giles: *panting* Is this sufficient?

Vera: "Yeah, sure. Less talking, more throwing!"

Vera: "Oh Giles! I didn't mean throw that!"

Giles: "Hm?"

Vera: "The test tube, you little nerd!"

Giles: "You realize you're a nerd too, right?"

Vera: "Sure. Whatever. But at least I'm a totally awesome looking nerd, right?"

Vera Dojo: Teen

Loves the Outdoors, Artistic, Daredevil, Avant Garde, Rebellious (Nerd Social Influence)

Vera: "Oh, gawd! This sculpture has got to go!"

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2013, 11:09:17 PM »
Competition? Pffft! What competition! (Just kidding Azokka! *ducks and runs for cover*)  ;D

It's cool, Nathaniel feels just the same way (just kidding  ;) *loads cannons*)

Edit: I just now noticed the actual post! *Facepalm* Vera is really a beauty. I love how she's keeping the cool, modern, edgy style in the dynasty!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 4/17/13
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2013, 11:10:06 PM »
Yes, Vera is an awesome-looking nerd.  I so enjoy your rainboos.  Ordinary Sims look so bland by comparison (insert me pouting here)

anything