Author Topic: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 4/6/14  (Read 438943 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 3/3/14 (Voting Open!)
« Reply #1140 on: March 04, 2014, 06:58:07 PM »
The Final Countdown: 2.0

As for Vera, there was not one, but two men she desperately wanted to see again.

Her brothers, Giles and Evan, of course!

They spent some time bonding in their usual way and reminiscing about the days when, as teens, they had stayed up all night to play together and used their moodlet managers just before catching the morning school bus.

After that, Vera invited them to join her in the sauna for more serious conversations.

The truth was that Vera hadn't quite decided what to do about her future love life. William Fangman and Wogan Hemlock had both been important parts of her life, and she had loved them both. How could she be asked now to choose between them--to raise only one for a future together? She had a feeling Evan would know something about the subject, having had numerous lady-loves himself.

Vera: "So how do you decide among them all?" she asked.

Evan just shrugged. "Why do I have to decide among them at all?"

Vera: "What do you mean?"

Evan stood up for dramatic effect and began to freak out.

Evan: "I mean to say--dear god, I have been with how many women? Frankly, I'm through with the whole lot of them!"

Evan: "Vera. Giles. I want you to meet my boyfriend--Kai Leiko!"

And right then and there, he got down on one knee. "After all these years of secrecy, I promised I would do this the second I was able. Will you marry me?"

Kai: "Oh my god! Yes!"

They packed their bags and headed out for a destination wedding and honeymoon in Sims la Champs.

Vera and Giles just sat stunned in the sauna, blinking away their surprise.

Vera: "Um . . . did you know our brother was gay? Did I miss this somewhere?"

Even Giles was caught off guard. "I . . . did not see that coming."

Giles: "But he has a point, you know."

Vera: "What's this, now?"

Giles: "Why do you have to decide between William and Wogan? You're a free woman, Vera. Why not strike out anew?"

Giles: "I mean, take me for example. I spent my whole life with Elvira Slayer, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go resurrecting her corpse for a second life together, especially considering that she cheated on me--and with your husband, by the way."

Vera: "So, what are you going to do?"

Giles: "I think . . . it's finally time to follow my heart. I wonder if she still remembers that first date we had . . ."

Vera: "I always liked Shasha Parks. Do you think she's even still alive after all this time?"

Giles: "She was werewolf, so anything is possible."

Giles: "I think it's time I found out."

So he packed his bags and headed off for University.

As for Vera, she took a trip to the graveyard, but only to leave some flowers and say good-bye.

She hopped on her motorcycle and headed out into the booming downtown of Bridgeport to rejoin the nightlife. The wind blew cold and fresh into her face; she smiled.

As for where the wind will take her, no one--not even Vera--can say.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 3/4/14 (Voting Open!)
« Reply #1141 on: March 04, 2014, 07:13:27 PM »
It seems that the more "active" my sims are, the higher the chance that they'll like someone of the same gender. Plus, love and dynasty duties don't necessarily go hand-in-hand. Congrats on Evan's surprise twist romance!

Though as to where Vera will go, it's a little refreshing to see a dynasty heir try something new instead of resurrecting the old.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1142 on: March 04, 2014, 09:25:54 PM »
That was such a Vera way to handle that! I loved that she brought her brothers back as well.  Really nice way to acknowledge who she was as an individual...which is to say, a Dojo sister  :=)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1143 on: March 04, 2014, 11:07:45 PM »
What Trip and Pippin said!  That was so great!  I have to say, love how Giles and Vera just sat there, stunned XD.  "Did you know our brother was gay?"  Well done!

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #1144 on: March 05, 2014, 02:03:28 AM »
What Trip and Pippin said!  That was so great!  I have to say, love how Giles and Vera just sat there, stunned XD.  "Did you know our brother was gay?"  Well done!

It was just like... "I've been with too many women." Walks up to random guy. "Marry me?"

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #1145 on: March 05, 2014, 05:34:16 AM »
I hope Evan and Kai can spend a happy second youth together. As for Giles... I always liked him, and still do. Hopefully he will also have good time with the love of his life. And nooboos. There's never too many Giles-boos!

Offline pugster101

• Supreme lover of pugs
  • Townie
« Reply #1146 on: March 05, 2014, 09:01:16 AM »
Yay, CARMENS TURN OMG

(2 hours later)

I guess I'm calmed down. Yay, so excited for Carmen to come back!!
The Outcast Immortal Dynasty: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18970.0.html
The Dreamer LS Speed Run: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18639.0.html

We're off to see the Metro, the wonderful Metro Of Man!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #1148 on: March 06, 2014, 09:56:28 AM »

Well, goodness. It seems my poll has been removed, as non-moderators are not allowed to use this site's poll function.

Please be patient while I find another poll service, and sorry for the confusion.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #1149 on: March 06, 2014, 10:11:11 AM »
New Polling Service

Alright! Let's try this again.

Vote for your favorite Dojo here.

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
Re: Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty: 3/4/14 (Please Re-Vote!)
« Reply #1150 on: March 07, 2014, 01:47:37 PM »
How do you make Evan freak out at the exact right place and time?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1151 on: March 07, 2014, 02:49:27 PM »
Neurotic sims have the ability to freak out on cue. Have them selected click on them, and "Freak Out" is an option. That's probably what Rhoxi did. Even if she didn't, neurotic sims are great at freaking out autonomously. Mine do, anyways.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1152 on: March 08, 2014, 05:53:14 AM »
So this is ridiculous because I am literally 20 pages behind and I have no idea what's happened in the world I'm posting into but I have to say some things because I have all these FEELINGS and they need to be shared.

-Devon is gorgeous, and I was totally Team Shannon, and I'm so glad she won and so sad she died early.
-The pink-blue pattern is amazing.
-I am now Team Asa and that dance in the moonlight was adorable and he's adorable and he shall win her heart!
-Marissa is one of the most beautiful and perfect Sims I have ever seen, traits, genes, and back-story included, and I love her. And she and Asa are my OTP now. Although I was really sad she killed Nolan because he was cute.
-Rhoxi, you are such a great writer. I feel deeply involved in these characters' lives, and it's as though I never stopped reading. And now I never want to! Produce more story so I may continue reading into eternity!

Okay those are all my feelings for now. I shall continue to catch up.

PS: Oh wait, also major kudos to Audren for showing up with a Dr Phil Sim so quickly. That made my night.

Edit: There have been so many other things throughout the story I would have loved to comment on, but I shall restrain myself. I did have to let you know, however, that seeing Pat by Nora's gravestone actually made me tear up. It was so hard to lose her anyway--since she grew up in the Dynasty house, it was like losing one of the Dojo children!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #1153 on: March 08, 2014, 04:09:11 PM »
It seems that the more "active" my sims are, the higher the chance that they'll like someone of the same gender. Plus, love and dynasty duties don't necessarily go hand-in-hand. Congrats on Evan's surprise twist romance!

Though as to where Vera will go, it's a little refreshing to see a dynasty heir try something new instead of resurrecting the old.

The truth is, I never gave Evan a chance to tell me which gender he was interested in. However, the moment I saw him as a teen, I just thought he would make such a cute gay guy--being pink, and nerdy, and so much more scrawny that his older brother. So, this was really because of my imagination, rather than anything Evan ever did.

Yeah, I knew I couldn't just have everyone get back together with their old loves. Rhaven and Vera seemed like the obvious and best choice for branching out and doing something new. To tell the truth, I might've done the same for Jaden if I could've thought of anything good for him!

That was such a Vera way to handle that! I loved that she brought her brothers back as well.  Really nice way to acknowledge who she was as an individual...which is to say, a Dojo sister  :=)

Thank you! As the only heir with siblings, I knew I had to do something with them. I like that--Vera is very much a Dojo sister. Well put.

Haha, thanks! You know, it's hard to surprise Giles, so I thought that would be funny. He's usually so perceptive about things! ;D

Giles: "By George, I think I'm in a dynasty!"

It was just like... "I've been with too many women." Walks up to random guy. "Marry me?"

Exactly! Hehe. I mean, come on, the man just got way too much tail for his own good!  ;)

I hope Evan and Kai can spend a happy second youth together. As for Giles... I always liked him, and still do. Hopefully he will also have good time with the love of his life. And nooboos. There's never too many Giles-boos!

I like Giles, too. I always thought he and Shasha Parks would've been perfect for each other--both such science nerds and all. It just didn't seem practical to pursue it though, what with her being a University sim, so the kids wouldn't be in town. Even as an old, old man Giles kept throwing up wishes to call and chat with her, which I thought was just so sweet!

Yay, CARMENS TURN OMG

(2 hours later)

I guess I'm calmed down. Yay, so excited for Carmen to come back!!

OMG I'M POSTING CARMEN'S TURN NOW!  ;D

I love the way you ended all three of their stories  :).

Thank you! Honestly, I thought it would take several updates, but it all just sort of popped out into one. Sometimes leaving a little mystery seems best.

How do you make Evan freak out at the exact right place and time?

Neurotic sims have the ability to freak out on cue. Have them selected click on them, and "Freak Out" is an option. That's probably what Rhoxi did. Even if she didn't, neurotic sims are great at freaking out autonomously. Mine do, anyways.

Evan actually did that autonomously! Haha! It was such hilariously perfect timing that I just had to use that screenshot! But yeah, you can tell neurotic sims to freak out, I think . . . once every 12 hours or so? Gives them a nice little moodlet, too.

So this is ridiculous because I am literally 20 pages behind and I have no idea what's happened in the world I'm posting into but I have to say some things because I have all these FEELINGS and they need to be shared.

-Devon is gorgeous, and I was totally Team Shannon, and I'm so glad she won and so sad she died early.
-The pink-blue pattern is amazing.
-I am now Team Asa and that dance in the moonlight was adorable and he's adorable and he shall win her heart!
-Marissa is one of the most beautiful and perfect Sims I have ever seen, traits, genes, and back-story included, and I love her. And she and Asa are my OTP now. Although I was really sad she killed Nolan because he was cute.
-Rhoxi, you are such a great writer. I feel deeply involved in these characters' lives, and it's as though I never stopped reading. And now I never want to! Produce more story so I may continue reading into eternity!

Okay those are all my feelings for now. I shall continue to catch up.

PS: Oh wait, also major kudos to Audren for showing up with a Dr Phil Sim so quickly. That made my night.

Edit: There have been so many other things throughout the story I would have loved to comment on, but I shall restrain myself. I did have to let you know, however, that seeing Pat by Nora's gravestone actually made me tear up. It was so hard to lose her anyway--since she grew up in the Dynasty house, it was like losing one of the Dojo children!

Rosa! So good to see you back and reading! Shannon's death was tragic. I had had some concerns about installing a pool on the lot, and they unfortunately turned out to be justified.  :'( It did, however, make for some good story telling. It made Devon and Shannon's relationship all the more sweet, and made some good drama for Marissa. I'm glad you love Marissa! She isn't the most likable character, sometimes--very self-absorbed and conceited and such, but she was probably my favorite character to write about because she was so different. And thank you, so much, for the beautiful compliment. I have had way too much fun writing this story. Dr. Phill gave me quite a good laugh, too!

And now--exactly one year from the date of the first post for this story--I present you: Carmen's return!

(Yes, exactly one year, and totally a coincidence! I just had to point that out because it's kind of awesome. I'm also just agog at how long I've been working on this project! Writing and playing an immortal dynasty is a task of pretty epic proportions, now that I think about how long it's taken.)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #1154 on: March 08, 2014, 04:09:34 PM »
The Final Countdown: 1.0

Gwenyth had hugged each of her children before they left.

Gwenyth: "Have fun at University, dear."

Giles: "I will, mom."

Gwenyth: "Enjoy your honeymoon, Evan."

Evan: "Will do."

Gwenyth: "Have fun, where ever you're going. Just don't get carried away and forget to come back in time for Lilith's wedding."

Vera: "Wouldn't miss it."

Gwenyth: "It's in Midnight Hollow, remember."

Vera: "I know! I know! Relax, mom."

Gwenyth: "Just checking."

One by one the Dojos had packed their things and gone, leaving Gwenyth alone in an empty house. The dynasty was finished, so where was Carmen? She wished her mother would tell her, but Samura's presence was strangely absent.

She hesitated before downing her young again potion, alone.

And she waited.

Days passed. Night fell. Morning rose.

Gwenyth watched and waited, until one morning she spotted a familiar frame in the distance.

She bolted down the stairs and out the door as fast as her legs would propel her.

Gwenyth: "Carmen!" she shouted, literally jumping into his arms.

He was a little startled by the forcefulness of the impact. Carmen stumbled backwards for a moment, but he caught her and regained his balance.

Gwenyth: "Is it really you? Is this finally happening? Oh promise me you'll never let me go again!" Tears of joy rained down her face as she breathed in the sweet scent of him for the first time in hundreds of years.

Carmen just chuckled, his voice deep and low. "Yes it's me. Who else?"

He took her hand and held it up to his face. "See? Solid. In the flesh. No more ghostiness."

She smirked. "Hm, I dunno. I think I need at least one more hug, just be sure."

"If you insist," he teased, as Gwenyth hugged him with all her might.

As she did, she spotted a ghost peering at them from amid the trees, and Gwenyth suddenly understood why her mother's presence had been absent from her the last few days.

"Thank-you," she mouthed silently.

Samura just nodded and smiled softly.

The last tendrils of the morning sun stretched out over the hillside, and she was gone.

Somehow, Gwenyth knew she wouldn't be hearing her mother's voice in her mind anymore. Where ever Samura's spirit had gone, it was no longer on this mortal plane.

She blinked back tears, overcome with emotion.

Carmen: "What is it?" he asked.

Gwenyth just shook her tears away. "It's nothing. I just . . .

Gwenyth: "It's just . . . I don't know what to do first! We can go anywhere--anywhere you want! There's even time travel to the future, and whole news worlds to explore and--"

Carmen stopped her babbling with a kiss. "How about we start . . . with this new bedroom of yours? I'm very curious to explore that."

Gwenyth laughed, grabbed him by the lapels of his shirt, and slowly walked him backwards into the house.

They let the door slide shut behind them.