Author Topic: Recategorize with TSRW-Is it this easy?  (Read 2807 times)

Offline MistyTara

• Nooboo
Recategorize with TSRW-Is it this easy?
« on: March 06, 2013, 06:42:37 PM »
I'm so tired of looking for things, especially those items that are categorized wrong.  I found this site http://forum.livingsims.net/showthread.php?tid=2721, but don't dare use this method until I've asked the experts. That's You  ;) All other methods using S3pe etc, seem so complicated and scary, and this seems too simple to be true.  Your thoughts please.

Its so irritating, New University item, bookstack with cup, comes up when I click on beds!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Recategorize with TSRW-Is it this easy?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 12:31:57 AM »
Welcome to our Forum. 

I would advise extreme caution at the very least.  It looks like the program tampers with the game files and that's not something I would personally do.  I don't use mods or third party custom content, either.  It's a personal choice depending on how much risk you're willing to take with your game.

There are others here who are more technical than I am, though, and you might get a different answer.  Watch to see if Flynn Arrowstarr posts.  He's one of our best technical members.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 12:43:37 AM »
I'm so tired of looking for things, especially those items that are categorized wrong.  I found this site http://forum.livingsims.net/showthread.php?tid=2721, but don't dare use this method until I've asked the experts. That's You  ;) All other methods using S3pe etc, seem so complicated and scary, and this seems too simple to be true.  Your thoughts please.

Its so irritating, New University item, bookstack with cup, comes up when I click on beds!

Hi MistyTara. :) I'm not Flynn Arrowstarr, but I have a little knowledge about object recategorization (is that a word? Chrome says it is).

I have never used that program, so I cannot vouch for it's accuracy, ease of use, or anything. What I would offer, though, is s3oc. Once installed, you can find the object (the list is extremely long though, it is not as easy as selecting "Bookstack with Cup" - but you can filter it), clone the object, and change the "flags" (ie the price, the locations in Buy Mode, whether it is Debug or not, etc). It's then popped into your Mods/Packages Directory as a cloned object, and (I think) it is a default replacement - that means it will override the default item.

Again, with the non-vouching-ness. I can't vouch for what TSR's Workshop does, but s3oc does not tamper with your files. It will basically say to the system "Can I please have a copy of this object?". The game will then respond by duplicating the object, and giving it to s3oc. You will then be prompted to make changes using an interface where you literally check boxes to change things, then s3oc makes your changes in your duplicated file. :)

Offline MistyTara

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 10:58:06 AM »
Thank You both, for replying.  I did try a few little art paintings, that had been categorized to plants, in this program.  CC magic picked them up ok, now to test them in game. 
I've tried using S3oc, but must confess even the downloading of it is very confusing. Will give it another try, reread the tuts on it.   :-\
Happy Simming