Author Topic: The Blue Rose  (Read 4760 times)

Offline mayayeti72

• Llama Wrangler
The Blue Rose
« on: March 02, 2013, 08:48:55 PM »
Hello, I am new to the forum and this is my first ever story. I work long hours so may not be able to update as often as I would like but I thought I'd make a start anyway and see what you guys think. I have been playing Sims for 3 years and it is an outlet from my demanding job. Hope you guys like Elena Alberto's story.

Chapter 1

I drove into town late Sunday night in the pouring rain, making straight for the Lieutenant's house.

I was exhausted, having driven for the past 3 days with stops only to relieve myself, eat and fuel up. I was hoping this was where I could hole up for a while... to stop running.

Having to look over my shoulder for the last few months had taken its toll. I was done in. I couldn't go on like this anymore. Not if I wanted to keep my sanity.

Thank god for Ben. We would sit down tomorrow and work out how to deal with this nightmare. Right now I was too shattered to think. I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

I was waiting for him outside the station when he finished work the next day.

My breath caught at the sight of him, remembering...

“Elena”. He gathered me up in a hug and it took everything I had not to lose it right there and then, not to sob my heart out. Instead I folded into him and it was like the 10 years had never passed.

“Lets get out of the rain. The diner is around the corner.”

We sat across from each other and I had no idea how to start. My life had come apart at the seams.

“You’re safe now. I won’t let anyone hurt you I promise”. His hand was warm as it covered mine and his eyes were steady on mine. I felt my strength seep back and I started from the beginning...

Offline cygnus

• Nooboo
Re: The Blue Rose
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 02:20:38 AM »
Fantastic start! Elena is a beautiful heroine, can't wait to hear her story!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 12:52:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  Your story is off to a great start.

Also,  I'm going to move your story to the miscellaneous stories board.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline mayayeti72

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 03:14:05 PM »
thank you Ricalynn

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 03:27:07 PM »
Very good start! I am intrigued to hear her story. :)

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 03:33:39 PM »
I'm hooked. Looking forward to your next update :)

Louise56

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 02:29:55 AM »
Awesome start! I can't wait for more. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 02:38:02 AM »
Great introduction.  I'll be reading.  Bokmarked!
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline mayayeti72

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 06:23:29 AM »
Thanks everyone. I will now use Chapter 2 to set up the back story.

Chapter 2

I was working an undercover job 3 years ago. We had infiltrated an offshoot of the Camorra who were secretly working with some Russian mobsters to undercut the Camorra boss, Carlo Mosca.

Impersonating a hairdresser doesn’t sound like much but it sure placed me in a prime location to overhear crucial information. I was called to the house more and more to work on Loretta and her daughter and by the second year I was the exclusive family hairdresser often cutting the men’s hair as well. No one thought I was anything but what I appeared to be and the conversations flowed freely around me. We were gathering intel slowly but steadily.

Vinnie, as the consigliere, knew the boss’s financials inside and out. He was a ruthless piece of work. Hot-headed, violent and reckless, he planned to steal from Carlo using the Russians as cover. But he was also cautious. We knew it was going to take time.

Then I met Joseph.

It was the second Easter with the family and I was styling Loretta’s hair for church when a car pulled up out front. Sara ran into the room squealing to her mother that Uncle Joe was here. Vinnie’s brother lived in Terracina, south of Rome. I’d heard talk of him, the handsome, impulsive brother with a mercurial temper. The day I met him was the day I set in motion the tragedy that followed.

I fell for him hook, line and sinker. Our daughter was born almost a year exactly from the day we met. The FBI tried to extricate me once I realised I was carrying a child but we were so close that to do it would be to potentially lose everything we had accomplished. The stakes were too high. I also quickly realised how ruthless Joe was and how deeply involved in the family business. I knew he would have to be brought down with his brother. 

Four months ago, we had them but the sting operation was compromised and I lost everything. Our cover was blown, and in the chaos that followed that day Joe took off with Rose. My baby girl!

I’ve spent every day since then trying to track them down while running from the killers Vinnie sent after me in revenge. So far the FBI were doing all they could to protect my identity but the Camorra have a far reach and their tentacles are everywhere....

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 07:46:35 AM »
This is great.  I love mystery thrillers.  My grandfather was from the Campania area of Italy so I've heard a lot of about the Camorra and none of it is good.  Poor Elena to be mixed up in that.  I hope she finds Rose soon.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 12:06:59 PM »
Ooh, I like this a lot!  Will definitely be following.  Do we get to see Rose's face, perhaps?  :)

Offline mayayeti72

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 09:12:34 PM »
I will try to keep the mystery of Rose going a little longer Tilia. Glad you are enjoying the story.

Offline mayayeti72

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 09:18:02 PM »
Chapter 3

“Ben, they have Rose. I’ve got to get her back. Please help me.”

We had been very close once, back at the Academy. If I hadn’t been offered the job overseas things might have turned out differently for us. Then Ben met Shae, I got buried in caseload after caseload and we drifted apart. Even though we kept in touch only sporadically after that, I knew that Ben would be there for me if I ever needed him and I desperately needed him now.  He was one of the smartest cops I knew. And I could trust him completely. I needed a place to stay where someone had my back so I could rest and regroup. The constant running and looking over my shoulder had exhausted me and I had also hit a wall with the clues leading to Rose & Joseph’s whereabouts.

“Look, I know some guys who may be able to help. They’re off the grid but I know where they’re holed up. They may not want to poke around in this one but they owe me some favours so I’ll go see them tonight. I want you to stay at the house, the less people that see you out and about the better.”

“Ben.....  thank you. I know its putting you, Shae and Jack in danger and I promise I won’t stay long, just enough to get my bearings again”.

“Shae and I split up last year. She is living with Jack over on Water Lily Lane”, he said gruffly, pain flashing across his features.

“Oh Ben, I’m so sorry.” I had been so tired last night when I got to Ben’s place that I hadn’t noticed anything out of the ordinary. I just thought Shae had taken Jack to stay at her mother’s place while I was going to be there.

I glanced quickly at the wedding band he still wore on his finger as we got up to leave, wondering what exactly did happen. But that would have to wait because all that mattered right now was finding Rose.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2013, 09:16:22 PM »
Elena's story is fascinating, yet so...tragic. I cannot imagine the emotional burden that one would bear from dealing with not only being in fear of your life, but desperately searching for your own child. It seems that Ben has his own sad tale too...

The story is quite good so far. It will be interesting to see how this starts to pan out. :)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 09:34:22 PM »
I am hooked! I can't wait to see how the story plays out.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

anything