Author Topic: Labels  (Read 4927 times)

Chuckles_82

Labels
« on: February 26, 2013, 06:16:48 AM »
Does anyone know if there is a set of collection labels that you can download as a pattern? If not, I'm trying my hand at making some, and wondering if anyone would be interested in them. If so I'll upload them here. Unless there is a set somewhere else.

It is only a very basic one, but they will look something like this:

It doesn't recolour all that well. I don't know CAP all that well. I basically use it as a way of copy-pasting things into the game  :-\

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
Re: Labels
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 06:39:19 AM »
I wouldn't mind a set of those, but I have never seen any online.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 05:31:02 PM »
I'm confused - can you explain what you mean? I don't understand what's in that picture either. :(

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 05:49:39 PM »
Let's say you have a witch, for example, and you've used conversion spell to make a bunch of metals, but you haven't collected them them yet. Say you're saving them for another sim to collect. But metals in particular, and some gems look very similar. You want to distinguish between them all. So you place a floor label - and put the corresponding metal in that space/row. The only way to tell what a metal/gem is before it is collected is to pick it up in buy mode.

Or, say you have some stacks of metals that you want to be able to see what they are at a glance, rather than having to hover your mouse over them. You could use it that way, too.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 06:10:50 PM »
I think it's a great idea. When I play a collector, I often lay gems out in rows in a basement rather than clogging up my inventory, but a lot of the gems, I can never remember what's what. Having a label for each row would be very useful.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 06:34:46 PM »
Do you lay a floor tile and then apply the pattern to it?  Is that how it works?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 06:40:12 PM »
Oh I see now, thanks. I can see how that would be useful. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 07:02:39 PM »
Do you lay a floor tile and then apply the pattern to it?  Is that how it works?

Yes, that is how it works. If there is a lot of interest, I might take some time to work out how to do it properly to make the background recolourable at least.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 07:05:54 PM »
What kind of program would you use to make that pattern?  I need to double check, but we might have restrictions on something like this.  My concern is that if it's not done in Create-A-Pattern, it might be considered third party CC, which we don't allow. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Chuckles_82

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 07:29:58 PM »
I only do it in CAP. I'm not experienced with making patterns. I created the text box in Word, then pasted it into Photoshop so it was on exactly the right sized canvas, then saved it, and imported it into CAP as a stamp.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Labels
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 07:52:28 PM »
With MoveObjects on, you can tell what a metal or gem is so if you're only looking at a few metals (say 5) you could line them up and make sure there were no duplicates in buy mode before collecting.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Chuckles_82

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 08:02:05 PM »
That's the way I do it now, but I wanted a more efficient system, and thought others may find it useful.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 06:45:16 AM »
Yes, that is how it works. If there is a lot of interest, I might take some time to work out how to do it properly to make the background recolourable at least.

I don't think that I've seen anything similar to this anywhere, either.

Can help with the recolourable background though: you need to create a square stamp.  Apply it to the bottom layer, in CAP, and resize it to 256 x 256 and click the button to turn it into a stencil.  It'll turn blue (or at least it does in my CAP) so recolour it to whatever colour you'd like your default background.

Add your text stamp (eg the one saying 'Iron') to another layer. 

When you export the pattern, it should have two colour channels - one being your background.  Hope this helps.

Edit:  Ausette helped me with this when I first started sharing patterns - her excellent instructions are in this thread: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,3723.0.html (scroll down a little as she even, kindly, added a pictorial example.)

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 03:11:34 PM »
I like the labels idea, I'm not big on collecting, but I think it is a great idea.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

anything