Author Topic: Sims not arriving on vacation  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
Sims not arriving on vacation
« on: February 21, 2013, 02:31:33 PM »
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. When I go on vacation the sim doesn't arrive. The location loads up and there's a partial interface just without the Sim's icon or their personal tabs to the right. Time passes but obviously I can't do anything but return to the main menu.

I've tried sending Sims to different locations and travelled by both phone and laptop but for this particular household the result is he same. However when I tried with a different saved game (and therefore a different household) the sim arrived as usual.

This has only started happening today and the family has travelled successfully before.

Can anyone help?

Anna33

Re: Sims not arriving on vacation
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 02:50:54 PM »
Did you try using reset sim?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 03:07:25 PM »
ah no - It didn't cross my mind as there was no sim to reset. I'll try it right away

Thank you!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 03:16:46 PM »
This is actually a common issue.   It's slightly horrifying but common.   

First tell me - is this a challenge file ?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 03:29:49 PM »
It's my lifestates dynasty  :(

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 03:38:31 PM »
It's my lifestates dynasty  :(

Ok - Then this comes with permission.     Are you still in the game?  Are you looking at the location with no Sims to choose from?   Go into Edit Town from China/Egypt/France. Choose the homeworld location.  Once you see your homeworld. Then hit Return to Game.   This will put you in a loading screen for China/Egypt/France again.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 04:01:53 PM »
argh that didn't work - she's still not there!.

I'm in Shang Simla, there's nobody there, I go to Edit town then select the home town. It says returning home then loads Edit town for Moonlight Falls, here I select "Return to Game" and it says travelling to Shang Simla. Then there's nobody there as before. Did I do anything wrong?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 04:32:58 PM »
No I just find that it sometimes works.   Go back to before you traveled and make sure there is nothing that could be celebrity related in the inventory or family inventory.  Another fix is to move the family to the clipboard in Edit Town.   This will erase all wishes though.   

Or you could go without traveling.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 04:43:23 PM »
Thanks Ricalynn for all your help. Celebrity is off for this household. I think I'll just do without travelling. My Sim wanted to win a Sim Fu tournament but she'll get another big wish and can meditate for the sixth skill challenge

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 08:18:36 PM »
I am having the same problem in my life states dynasty.

By samoht04

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 09:15:01 PM »
One of the above usually works, particularly the edit town, select edit home town, edit something on a community lot or vacant house, even if it is just to move one object and then put it back in the same place.  Then select return to game.

If this does not work.  Did you save immediately prior to travelling?  If you did, and you are allowed to return to this save then it should load on the second attempt.  It is rare for this to happen on repeated games.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 09:26:43 PM »
Oh. I haven't tried since the first time, thinking that it wasn't worth all the time to load. I'm going to delete the celebrity gifts (don't need them anyway) and try again, see if it works, and then try the Edit Town thing if it doesn't. I always save before travelling though--learned through hard experience.

By samoht04

Frey

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 10:03:07 PM »
I don't think this will be useful to you since you're on a Dynasty, but ages ago I had this bug and fixed it by moving to a new town. Thought it could help someone not playing a Dynasty  :).

anything