Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 549214 times)

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Week 1 Date 3: Les Misérables
« Reply #1605 on: March 14, 2014, 02:47:17 AM »
Sooo glad you are back, Rossa. I'll wait for more update from 'the Bachelorette'  :)
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #1606 on: March 19, 2014, 11:26:11 PM »
Thanks for the info, Mel! It worked, and now I know how to use Flickr for the Forum! Yay!
Just glad I could help so we all can get more of the bachelorette...and Talus of course.  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1607 on: March 21, 2014, 02:13:50 PM »
ROSA'S POSTING! I no longer need to be on the floor  :P

Just to let you know, I was extremely worried that this story was abandoned!  :'(
We cannot abandon the lovely Dimitri!

Thank you, Rosa, for brining back the lovely show, The Bachelorette!

;D

On the floor? Like the dance floor? Or like you passed out while I wasn't writing . . .  :o Oh no!

Never fear! I cannot abandon this story, it is indeed an obligation between me, the sponsors, and the readers now. No promises on how long it will take me, but I won't just leave it without at least letting everyone know.

You're welcome!

That makes sense.  I was trying to work out why the spoilery bits would be different.  For some reason it hadn't occurred to me that you could well have loads of screenshots stashed on the Gallery but not used yet.

Hahaha. Well, I do. But I didn't upload everything. In fact, the next several posts should finish off what I had left, then it's all to Flickr.

It's back!! *does cartwheels*  Glad to see ya back Rosa ^^

Glad to see you reading!

Yay, the Bachelorette is back. Just found the new update when looking at my bookmarks. I use Flickr rarely since it looks very complex to me. Instead I use Tinypic and Picasa Photo Albums. They work nicely, easy to upload and easy to share/put in the forum.

It was pretty difficult to figure out, but thanks to Mel, I've got it now!

Sooo glad you are back, Rossa. I'll wait for more update from 'the Bachelorette'  :)

Thanks, Sherry!

Just glad I could help so we all can get more of the bachelorette...and Talus of course.  ;)

Oh, but of course!

Thanks to all of you for your excitement to see more of the story. I'll now give you a little teaser into the next post.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Week 1 Date 3: A Minute to Process
« Reply #1608 on: March 21, 2014, 02:25:49 PM »
Marielle and Leopold have just finished watching Les Misérables (credits and all!) and are now in the lobby of the cinema.

Leopold: I'm sorry, Marielle. I don't feel ready to eat just yet.
Marielle: (nodding) You need a minute to process? I'd welcome that as well. Tell you what, let's head up to the club and sit in the lobby for a bit. How does that sound?

Leopold: Club?
Marielle: Oh, don't worry. It's not the noisy sort with all the loud music and flashing lights. It's very classy and quiet.

Leopold: I would like that.
Marielle: Then let's go!

What kind of club could be upstairs? Where are they heading? What will happen next? Send in your guesses!

And while we wait, find out what is happening Meanwhile, Back at the Mansion!

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1609 on: March 21, 2014, 03:11:01 PM »
Is there a country club on the next floor? A chess club? A nightclub with really strict rules and a dress code?

Can't wait to see where they go.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1610 on: March 22, 2014, 10:50:04 AM »
It will be a golf club!  Okay, probably not...

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1611 on: March 22, 2014, 07:25:56 PM »
Is there a country club on the next floor? A chess club? A nightclub with really strict rules and a dress code?

Can't wait to see where they go.

Hmm! Good guesses! I've never heard of a chess club as a place, but I suppose it could be.

It will be a golf club!  Okay, probably not...

Hahahahaha oh no Pippin, you're right on the money there.

Any more guesses from anyone? Perhaps you prefer to wait silently and find out rather than guess? Well, before I post where they're going, I have a post keeping warm in my inbox just waiting for either responses or time to pass. One way or another, you will have another post tomorrow! In the meantime, the guessing is still open! (And if you all are sick of guessing things, let me know. I keep it going in the spirit of an interactive story, but I'm not sure how excited about it the readers are.)

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #1612 on: March 23, 2014, 02:50:06 AM »
Any more guesses from anyone? Perhaps you prefer to wait silently and find out rather than guess? Well, before I post where they're going, I have a post keeping warm in my inbox just waiting for either responses or time to pass. One way or another, you will have another post tomorrow! In the meantime, the guessing is still open! (And if you all are sick of guessing things, let me know. I keep it going in the spirit of an interactive story, but I'm not sure how excited about it the readers are.)
I generally prefer to just wait silently, but maybe it would be one of those cool jazz clubs or something. I don't know. I tried lol.
I don't mind guessing things by the way. I'm just not particularly good at it.   :)

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #1613 on: March 23, 2014, 05:43:27 AM »
Might be a classical or jazz type of club which play classical and jazz music.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #1614 on: March 23, 2014, 10:04:49 AM »
Anyone here watch Being Human? Hope it's not one of those vampire/masochistic human donor clubs.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1615 on: March 23, 2014, 11:04:49 AM »
I generally prefer to just wait silently, but maybe it would be one of those cool jazz clubs or something. I don't know. I tried lol.
I don't mind guessing things by the way. I'm just not particularly good at it.   :)

Might be a classical or jazz type of club which play classical and jazz music.

Anyone here watch Being Human? Hope it's not one of those vampire/masochistic human donor clubs.

So that's two guesses for jazz club (I've never heard of a classical club, but it sounds nice!). I have seen Being Human and it is not like that. That place kind of freaked me out. Besides, Marielle already tested for plasmic compatibility, and Leopold was the most resistant to the idea, so she wouldn't do that to him.  No worries, KRae!

Well while you continue to stew on that, here's a distraction in the form of Something Completely Different!

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
We return to the Mansion at the time of Leopold and Marielle's departure. Everette watches broodingly as the lord and lady drive off.

Everette: There she goes.

He doesn't let it get him down for the whole evening, however. Even Brooding Grumps know how to have fun!

Everette: Take that!

Meanwhile, the other bachelors quietly enjoy their downtime in their own ways.

Dominic: Old Leo's not the only guy around here that knows how to cook!

Nathaniel: Aahhh. Now this is luxury.

Dimitri: (humming softly along with the music)

Meanwhile, the epic water balloon fight continues into the (later) evening.

Everette: Here's a green one that matches you exactly! It'll look perfect when it splatters into you!

Talus: Caught it!

Talus: You know, I believe it will look much more suitable on you.
Everette: What? How--

Everette: All right, you win this time, troll. But next time, no mercy!
Talus: I will keep that in mind.

What could Dominic be asking Platinum that makes her react so strongly?

Platinum: Um, no.

Platinum: Wow.

And Kenshin continues to practise his Charisma as well as attempt to befriend Everette. They have some things in common that provide interesting conversational topics. Everette is tired from the water balloon fight, but always willing to have a civil chat with a genteel fellow on his favourite topics.

Kenshin: Mr Dojo, sir, I have noted you to be an exceptionally well-dressed man. (He graciously ignores the current moment.) I wonder if perhaps you might be able to give me some advice regarding my own dress?
Everette: Well, I'm honoured to be asked, young man! I must say, I think you could pull off a bow tie most dashingly. I'd be happy to recommend one, should you be so inclined.

Everette: However, I must insist you stay away from a monocle. It's just too much, you understand. After all, you're not a butler!

Kenshin: Ah yes, I see. Bow tie, yes, monocle no. Thank you very much.

Everette: Now, I'm given to understand you are quite gifted with the video games!
Kenshin: Ah, you have heard about my quest!

Kenshin: My father was very strict and focused, and we did not have access to such things during my younger years. Consequently, I am now fascinated by the whole thing and I intend to master every game that I can.
Everette: Well, my boy, I rather think on the whole you are a poised young man with a lot of potential. Your determination does me great good to see. I wish you the best of luck in your quest.
Kenshin: Thank you, sir!

Everette: Now, my passion has always been photography. I was quite the photographer in my youth, and I must say I have only improved in the intervening years!
Kenshin (thinking): What an opportunity I have now to listen to this man speak!

Everette (thinking): He's a good kid, that one. A fine young man indeed.
Kenshin (thinking): This whole experience has been such a one for learning. The fascinating people I have met here!

And now, back to the one-on-one date between Leopold and Marielle with Dinner, Part I.

By samoht04

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
I must agree with Kenshin's observations about what a phenomenal person Everette is.  What a very insightful young fellow he is  :=)
I liked that you gave the non-date contestants the spotlight for a bit.  That was a really nice touch (as was weaving in the "talk bubbles" into the Everette and Kenshin conversation so well).

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
Hmm... Such an interesting chat between Kenshin and Everette. Wonder when they will becoming best buddy finally.
Good luck on your game quest as well as (wooing)woman quest then Kenshin  ;)
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
You always learn the most about people when you have to share a building with them! Glad to see that it works for Everette and Kenshin.

Also, I think I just noticed, but did your graphics improve? Or is Flickr just preserving picture quality better? Because the last two updates plus the confession cam pics earlier are quite sharp!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded