Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 547661 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Before the Third Date
« Reply #1395 on: September 14, 2013, 11:18:09 AM »
I was somewhat hoping to see him go through lots of bad looks that didn't really work for him, but I don't really think that's how Platinum does things (audible sigh)

Haha. That's some kind of trope, although I don't remember the name of it. But I simply didn't take the time to come up with bad looks. It doesn't come naturally, anyway. ;) I mean, yeah, that's not how Platinum does things. I mean, she has a portfolio and all!

Hehehe, I love Platinum.  She's loads of fun.  And Leo looks wonderful in that suit!

Isn't she though? And yes, he does!

"Did somebody say Stylin'?"

I just love Nathaniel. He's like the EPITOME of ham.  :)

He really is. He's so fun to write for that reason.

Oh, Nathaniel. ;D

Yeah, poor Nathaniel, no one is playing dress up with him.

It's all about Nathaniel, isn't it? Sorry Nate old boy. Hopefully Platinum will be on vacation when it's your turn and Tragic Clown takes her place! (Runs away and sarcastically yells JUST KIDDING!!)

I kind of think Platinum just may be Leo's consolation prize if things don't work out between he and Marielle ::)

Well, of course it is! Who else would it be about? The fact that he managed to get in on a chapter that was meant to be all Leo clearly shows that. And come on, Tragic Clown? Clever, but how likely am I to be that mean? ;)

Really? Why do you think so?

Absolutely fabulous, Leo! He really does look like a fine English gentleman  ;D

Well, he is one, so that's appropriate.

By the way! It's time for the audience to guess the date! Where do you think they're going, what are they going to do, why is Leo dressed like that, what do you think Marielle is going to wear? Okay go!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #1396 on: September 14, 2013, 11:53:26 AM »

Well, of course it is! Who else would it be about? The fact that he managed to get in on a chapter that was meant to be all Leo clearly shows that. And come on, Tragic Clown? Clever, but how likely am I to be that mean? ;)

Really? Why do you think so?

A couple of things here. In the end, I think it will be proven that Nate's first and only true love is himself. There's just no room for Marielle or anyone else ;D  Not that its a bad thing; ask Pippin. Self love goes a long way!

I was kidding about Leo and Platinum, but the more I think about it, the better I like it. Platinum is a colorful character, Leo, not so much. Sometimes opposites attract when they have just enough in common to keep the other party on edge ;D 

Go #teamPleo!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #1397 on: September 14, 2013, 09:07:44 PM »
Haha. That's some kind of trope, although I don't remember the name of it.

Makeover Montage?

By the way! It's time for the audience to guess the date! Where do you think they're going, what are they going to do, why is Leo dressed like that, what do you think Marielle is going to wear? Okay go!

I'm gonna guess dinner and a show, because that's what the date card said. An old-timey dinner and a show!

The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Platinum
« Reply #1398 on: September 15, 2013, 04:24:31 AM »
I'm not sure precisely what the next date might be, but both the other dates had a series of performances from magicians and acrobats. I don't think there were any singers, so perhaps a concert of some sort? Or maybe it won't be related to Showtime at all. It could be something food related perhaps. Okay, I've ran out of ideas now  ;D
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline kaylas

• Amateur Food Blogger and Gamer Girl!
  • Townie
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Platinum
« Reply #1399 on: September 15, 2013, 11:04:53 AM »
 :) Great update Rosa! You Rock!   :) 
Traits: Natural Cook, Animal Lover, Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Friendly, Ambitious (From University Degree: Science and Medicine)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1400 on: September 18, 2013, 04:59:50 PM »
A couple of things here. In the end, I think it will be proven that Nate's first and only true love is himself. There's just no room for Marielle or anyone else ;D  Not that its a bad thing; ask Pippin. Self love goes a long way!

I was kidding about Leo and Platinum, but the more I think about it, the better I like it. Platinum is a colorful character, Leo, not so much. Sometimes opposites attract when they have just enough in common to keep the other party on edge ;D 

Go #teamPleo!!

Hahaha. We'll see. Remember this about Nathaniel--the more he tries to convince you of his motivations, the more you can believe the opposite is true.

Could be, could be . . .

Makeover Montage?

I'm gonna guess dinner and a show, because that's what the date card said. An old-timey dinner and a show!

That's the one! Thanks, Gwendy!

Haha, yeah, not much to guess on this one. But old-timey is not very specific--anyone want to guess the specific time? (No sponsors, because you all know now).

I'm not sure precisely what the next date might be, but both the other dates had a series of performances from magicians and acrobats. I don't think there were any singers, so perhaps a concert of some sort? Or maybe it won't be related to Showtime at all. It could be something food related perhaps. Okay, I've ran out of ideas now  ;D

Hmmm, actually, that's not a bad guess.

:) Great update Rosa! You Rock!   :) 

Thanks Kayla! ;)

By samoht04

Offline Banana Bender

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1401 on: September 20, 2013, 07:51:12 PM »
Haha, yeah, not much to guess on this one. But old-timey is not very specific--anyone want to guess the specific time? (No sponsors, because you all know now).

I was thinking maybe a movie since the Sims doesn't run to a live show.  So how about a movie set somewhere along his own timeline of around the 1870's or in the 1920's prohibition era as per the book.  I think it would be hilarious for Leopold and Marielle to see the television movie of the stage production of Oklahoma! set in about 1906, which starred Hugh Jackman as Curly.   ::)  But we know that can't be achieved in game but as you have mods Rosa, and like to break the fourth wall, I think you're capable of anything.  ;)

Am I closer than old-timey?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1402 on: September 22, 2013, 04:31:12 AM »
I was thinking maybe a movie since the Sims doesn't run to a live show.  So how about a movie set somewhere along his own timeline of around the 1870's or in the 1920's prohibition era as per the book.  I think it would be hilarious for Leopold and Marielle to see the television movie of the stage production of Oklahoma! set in about 1906, which starred Hugh Jackman as Curly.   ::)  But we know that can't be achieved in game but as you have mods Rosa, and like to break the fourth wall, I think you're capable of anything.  ;)

Am I closer than old-timey?

I was waiting to see if anyone would respond to your guess, but it looks like maybe everyone's waiting for me! I would, anyway, to see if you were right.

I am ever so pleased to see that you believe me capable of anything. I like to think so ;) and so I do my best to make the impossible possible. You are incredibly close, much closer than I would have expected from just guessing. I am impressed!

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Last Moments Before the Third Date
« Reply #1403 on: September 22, 2013, 10:52:19 PM »
Meanwhile, the other bachelors continue their various pursuits.

Nathaniel stop lounging and actually gets in the pool.

Dimitri continues writing his book. No doubt the ringing phone is his agent, who's heard he's writing a Romance novel of all things.

Kenshin practises talking to a woman by talking to the mirror. No, that's not how it sounds.

Apparently, Marielle can hear him from the hallway outside her room.

Platinum: So, how do you want your hair?
Marielle: Hmmm . . . glamourous, but period-appropriate. Can you do that?
Platinum: Marielle, look who you're talking to! Of course I can do that! Now sit back down and let's get you taken care of.

Having had his swim, Nathaniel returns to recline once again, this time in more appropriate attire.

Nathaniel Confession Cam
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Platinum: What do you think?
Marielle: It's perfect. Thank you.
Platinum: That's what I'm here for.

In order to increase his Charisma skill further, Kenshin has to make another friend. He chooses Everette.
Kenshin: I thought since we share an affinity for martial arts, perhaps you would like to be sparring partners some time?
Everette: Well, sure Kenshin, I could always use someone to spar with.
Kenshin: Oh, good.

Kenshin Confession Cam

Everette Confession Cam

Marielle (thinking): Okay. Deep breaths. You can do this.

At last, the time has come! The Entrance.

By samoht04

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Last Few Moments Before the Third Date
« Reply #1404 on: September 22, 2013, 11:10:08 PM »
Wow. That Marielle has to coach herself into taking deep breaths makes me wonder if the date is much more than we think it is? Is she really more invested than I thought? Hmm. Can't wait to find out!

Nate, I have to hand it to you. You look pretty spiffy in those Speedos, dude. If Marielle picks you, she'll at least have that :D

Oh, Kenshin, you make my little dried up heart flutter. Gosh, I don't know what it is about you...[shivers] I really have the hots for you!

I'm glad Everette was nice about sparring with Kenshin. He's never been untoward and is always a steady presence in the house so I shouldn't be surprised. Great job keeping it classy, guys.

Oh, and Platinum, you did your thing on Marielle, girl!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Last Few Moments Before the Third Date
« Reply #1405 on: September 22, 2013, 11:12:36 PM »

Ugh, I wish I could read confession cams! I want to know what Kenshin said about Everette! Ah well. Can't wait to see what happens on Marielle and Leo's date. Now hop to it! (I tease! I tease! I just want to express my enthusiasm, no real pressure intended. In all seriousness, thanks Rosa, for making such an awesome story, even if it does drive us all into rages of suspense!)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1406 on: September 22, 2013, 11:22:05 PM »
I respond now because I'm about to go to sleep. I hope this doesn't deter people from commenting--sometimes it seems that when I comment everyone else stops! So by all means, carry on.

Wow. That Marielle has to coach herself into taking deep breaths makes me wonder if the date is much more than we think it is? Is she really more invested than I thought? Hmm. Can't wait to find out!

Nate, I have to hand it to you. You look pretty spiffy in those Speedos, dude. If Marielle picks you, she'll at least have that :D

Oh, Kenshin, you make my little dried up heart flutter. Gosh, I don't know what it is about you...[shivers] I really have the hots for you!

I'm glad Everette was nice about sparring with Kenshin. He's never been untoward and is always a steady presence in the house so I shouldn't be surprised. Great job keeping it classy, guys.

Oh, and Platinum, you did your thing on Marielle, girl!

There is an explanation for Marielle's nervousness, which I should have put in a Confession Cam but I keep forgetting to take screenshots of her for confession cams. Bad Rosa! Should I add it without the picture?

This is true. Nathaniel is quite a looker. Well, they all are. Such a fine assortment of gentlemen. ;)

It's so funny, he says a few words and you get all excited--I think Dolls wants Kenshin for herself, I don't know how Marielle would feel about this!

Everette is indeed very classy and genteel. For a grumpy bloke, he's very nice to people generally.

Didn't she though? Mm!

Ugh, I wish I could read confession cams! I want to know what Kenshin said about Everette! Ah well. Can't wait to see what happens on Marielle and Leo's date. Now hop to it! (I tease! I tease! I just want to express my enthusiasm, no real pressure intended. In all seriousness, thanks Rosa, for making such an awesome story, even if it does drive us all into rages of suspense!)

Someday, Rhoxi, all of you will get to read them. I bet it will put the whole show in a new light for you. I'm sure you're worried that Kenshin was saying bad things about Everette, right? That's very Kenshin. Not!
Actually, since I only have one respondent to wait for on the date segments, they're going much more quickly. I finally got impatient and decided to post this without waiting for everyone to respond because I want to move on! So, after a sufficient amount of suspense and several more comments (and hopefully guesses about the date) I will post the beginning of the date.

By samoht04

Danielle Haydis

« Reply #1407 on: September 23, 2013, 12:16:24 AM »
Where did you get Marielle's dress? It looks awesome.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1408 on: September 23, 2013, 01:44:46 AM »
Lovely update, as always!  Mmmm, Nathaniel in a Speedo.  Yum!  Hm... as far as the date, I'm going to guess some kind of 20's theme to it... possibly...

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #1409 on: September 23, 2013, 02:18:52 AM »
Oh, looking gorgeous as ever, Marielle! Ros... I mean, Platinum, did an amazing job.  ;)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock