Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 549303 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Third Date Card
« Reply #1320 on: August 28, 2013, 07:25:22 PM »
I'm expecting Platinum to be a flamboyant designer with an untraceable accent.  I'm also expecting Everette to win.  Let's all take a moment to enjoy what a good sport he was when he congratulated Leopold.

Lol, I have to agree with you on the first part there Pippin.  I still seriously can't choose.  They all have so many good points!  I don't want to see ANY of them go XD  Alas, it is not meant to be.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #1321 on: August 28, 2013, 08:18:15 PM »
You know what I just realized? Nathaniel is awesome.

But, he's not exactly suited for Marielle. Marielle is suited for the gentleman type. Nathaniel is more of an excitingman type. So I am no longer Team Nathaniel. He'll find an excitinglady of matching caliber, and Marielle will find her perfect gentleman. I <3 Nathaniel, which is why I am no longer Team Nathaniel. I'll be editing my signature once I select a new favorite.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #1322 on: August 28, 2013, 09:19:53 PM »
Isn't Platinum the chick who did Marielle's makeup before the first rose ceremony, or rather, the first impression rose ceremony? She's rather a flamboyant character. I hope Leo won't bolt when he meets her. She did Marielle ok. No wildly colored streaks, distressed pleather, or chrome and steel apparatuses sticking out from places where there should be none.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1323 on: August 28, 2013, 09:22:59 PM »
I'm expecting Platinum to be a flamboyant designer with an untraceable accent.  I'm also expecting Everette to win.  Let's all take a moment to enjoy what a good sport he was when he congratulated Leopold.

Platinum has already appeared in this story :P Leopold just isn't aware of that. You and your Team Everette-ness, ha!

Lol, I have to agree with you on the first part there Pippin.  I still seriously can't choose.  They all have so many good points!  I don't want to see ANY of them go XD  Alas, it is not meant to be.

Well, not wanting to choose suits you because then your favourite can't get eliminated.

But, he's not exactly suited for Marielle. Marielle is suited for the gentleman type. Nathaniel is more of an excitingman type. So I am no longer Team Nathaniel. He'll find an excitinglady of matching caliber, and Marielle will find her perfect gentleman. I <3 Nathaniel, which is why I am no longer Team Nathaniel. I'll be editing my signature once I select a new favorite.

Oh my gosh! The captain of Team Nathaniel is abandoning ship? I hope you're not basing your perception of Marielle's tastes on the date card. Need I remind you the last date was to a circus? If that's not why you made that decision, by all means PM me. Or post here if you like. Oops, I forgot I wrote a Confession Cam for Marielle! I have to go find it. Be right back.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #1324 on: August 28, 2013, 09:54:01 PM »
Good luck to Leopold on the One-o-One date with Marielle. And congrats to his support team.:)

I agree with Squirt. Nathaniel is very exciting and he will give Marielle plenty of fun. Marielle may want some fun and laugh, but in my view she wants a complete man *reference to an ad* and lover who will love and cherish with her the entire life. She wants a serious person for it. So, I am changing my support team and my siqnature. Meanwhile, before deciding who to support, I will remain quite and comment less. Lets hope I find the perfect bachelor to support.:|
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #1325 on: August 28, 2013, 10:10:31 PM »

Swirl-Girl! Are you all right?! Is this a prank?! GUYS! SWIRL-GIRL'S BEEN HACKED! D8

Nah, but seriously, I get what you're saying (since Marielle's the one stuck with whoever gets to the end), and it's pretty interesting, to say the least. I kind of have the opposite view, in that Nathaniel is very high-energy and extroverted like Marielle and they would be a good pair that way, and that a proper gentleman would seem to be too "stuffy" for her. Is this whole "Marielle needs a gentleman" idea a continuation from Pippin's "Child Archetype seeking the Nurturer Archetype" idea many a moon ago?
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1326 on: August 28, 2013, 10:15:22 PM »
Getting screenshots for Marielle's confession cam, but in the meantime I'll take comments.

Isn't Platinum the chick who did Marielle's makeup before the first rose ceremony, or rather, the first impression rose ceremony? She's rather a flamboyant character. I hope Leo won't bolt when he meets her. She did Marielle ok. No wildly colored streaks, distressed pleather, or chrome and steel apparatuses sticking out from places where there should be none.

Yes. You read it more recently so I suppose that's why you remember! She is flamboyant herself, but she suits her makeovers well to the recipient. Leopold has no need to fear.

Good luck to Leopold on the One-o-One date with Marielle. And congrats to his support team.:)I agree with Squirt. Nathaniel is very exciting and he will give Marielle plenty of fun. Marielle may want some fun and laugh, but in my view she wants a complete man *reference to an ad* and lover who will love and cherish with her the entire life. She wants a serious person for it. So, I am changing my support team and my siqnature. Meanwhile, before deciding who to support, I will remain quite and comment less. Lets hope I find the perfect bachelor to support.:|

Chetan, you know you don't have to stop supporting Nathaniel just because Squirt's doing it. We can't have the whole team jump ship! I still can't even figure out why people are suddenly abandoning him when you were fighting so fiercely for him just a day ago! What's going on, guys?

Swirl-Girl! Are you all right?! Is this a prank?! GUYS! SWIRL-GIRL'S BEEN HACKED! D8

Nah, but seriously, I get what you're saying (since Marielle's the one stuck with whoever gets to the end), and it's pretty interesting, to say the least. I kind of have the opposite view, in that Nathaniel is very high-energy and extroverted like Marielle and they would be a good pair that way, and that a proper gentleman would seem to be too "stuffy" for her. Is this whole "Marielle needs a gentleman" idea a continuation from Pippin's "Child Archetype seeking the Nurturer Archetype" idea many a moon ago?

Hahaha! That's what I was thinking! Well, ish.

I too am wondering where this is suddenly coming from. If you guys are going to change teams every time I announce a new date, I'm going to get whiplash :P

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #1327 on: August 28, 2013, 10:52:42 PM »
Not everytime. I will be waiting till the rose ceremony. And if I find a perfect bachelor(could be anyone), I will support him. And this time will be the last. I will be sticking to the team until the end. And it is not because of Swirl Girl leaving the team, but because I see a point in her statement. Only time will tell to whom I will support. Until then, don't worry and be happy.:)
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #1328 on: August 28, 2013, 11:00:33 PM »
No, no, it is not because of the date card, but it's different from that. Sure I'm crazy about Nathaniel, but I can see that Marielle sees him being more humorous than romantic. Those two could be best best friends, but not exactly romantic. I hope that this change of heart does not undermine all of Nathaniel's support. I'm still head of the Nathaniel fan club, but not the head of the NathanielxMarielle club. Think of it this way, you can like the character Professor Snape, but not the pairing of SeverusxLily. I don't ship NathanielxMarielle, perhaps NathanielxMe. ;)

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1329 on: August 28, 2013, 11:04:57 PM »
Not everytime. I will be waiting till the rose ceremony. And if I find a perfect bachelor(could be anyone), I will support him. And this time will be the last. I will be sticking to the team until the end. And it is not because of Swirl Girl leaving the team, but because I see a point in her statement. Only time will tell to whom I will support. Until then, don't worry and be happy.:)

All right then.

No, no, it is not because of the date card, but it's different from that. Sure I'm crazy about Nathaniel, but I can see that Marielle sees him being more humorous than romantic. Those two could be best best friends, but not exactly romantic. I hope that this change of heart does not undermine all of Nathaniel's support. I'm still head of the Nathaniel fan club, but not the head of the NathanielxMarielle club. Think of it this way, you can like the character Professor Snape, but not the pairing of SeverusxLily. I don't ship NathanielxMarielle, perhaps NathanielxMe. ;)

Oh, I see what you mean. It's this scene, isn't it?

I understand what you're saying. Forgive me if I find it humorous, because I can see Marielle's wish panel and it doesn't agree with you. I must not be writing her right.  :-\ I'll have to try to reflect her feelings better. Or give her more Confession Cams, maybe.

By samoht04

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #1330 on: August 28, 2013, 11:20:02 PM »
Rosa, I'm not sure you wish to divulge this information, but I'm going to ask anyway ;) You make occasional reference to her wish panel, and I'm assuming it plays into your algorithm, too. Is there a method to (your madness) of when you lock/grant those wishes, or do you simply take note and exercise restraint on the actions she does so the bachelors remain on a more or less equal footing for now? Well, as far as we see anyway...

I'm rather enjoying these debates... I'm team Everette, so I don't see a big reason to enter into them, after all, slow and steady wins the race ;) but this is so much fun to follow

Offline intl_incident

• You can call me Indy! :D
  • Occult
« Reply #1331 on: August 28, 2013, 11:27:23 PM »
Me <-- Reads entry about date card, then squees aloud and claps hands.

(I forgot where they are going next, but now I think I know.  Awesome. :D)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1332 on: August 28, 2013, 11:49:09 PM »
Rosa, I'm not sure you wish to divulge this information, but I'm going to ask anyway ;) You make occasional reference to her wish panel, and I'm assuming it plays into your algorithm, too. Is there a method to (your madness) of when you lock/grant those wishes, or do you simply take note and exercise restraint on the actions she does so the bachelors remain on a more or less equal footing for now? Well, as far as we see anyway...

I'm rather enjoying these debates... I'm team Everette, so I don't see a big reason to enter into them, after all, slow and steady wins the race ;) but this is so much fun to follow

Haha. It's not directly related to the algorithm, so I will answer it. And you can never know until you ask, right? So you might as well, unless I've already told you and/or said I won't answer. Everything else is safe ;D

I have mods in my game, so I can keep all the wishes I want. I try to grant as many wishes of all kinds as possible for everyone. As part of my strategy for this game, I leave them on high free will (unless I'm screenshotting something in my second file) and go by their wishes to tell them what to do. Most everything they do they either wished to do it or did it autonomously. For example, Nathaniel autonomously 'tested' the Love Tester and I thought it was funny so I shot it and included it. It's a bit mad trying to get screenshots of everyone and keeping it all straight, but I do my best :P I do direct them but I try to keep my influence minimal (aside from the obvious fact that I'm making them go on these dates). It's all part of the way I try to make this as natural, realistic, and fair as possible. I do take extensive notes. I think at last count I have . . . mmmm . . . I want to say five spreadsheets just for this story.  I keep track of everything. Within reason. But I don't really restrain them as I am not concerned with keeping them equal. Keeping them equal is not the point, and it's actually kind of counterproductive. Besides, that would be more artificial, which is what I'm trying to avoid. I do try to direct her to interact with all of them though, for the sake of giving them an equal chance and because it's in character for her to make the effort. But I follow her wishes first and foremost, and theirs as well.

Well, that was fairly long!

I'm glad you're enjoying the debates. Team Everette can rest easy this week, but Week 2 the points reset so watch out! It's very typical of him though to sit back and watch. It seems his team emulates him.

Me <-- Reads entry about date card, then squees aloud and claps hands.

(I forgot where they are going next, but now I think I know.  Awesome. :D)

Yep, that's where they're going ;) Although there are a few updates in between, sorry to make you wait.

By the way, no one responded-are you guys interested in me uploading Lions and Tigers and Bears!?

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Marielle's Confession Cam
« Reply #1333 on: August 28, 2013, 11:55:14 PM »
Didn't get the screenshot I wanted and I ran out of time  :-\ Oh well, better to post now than to keep you in suspense.

Marielle Confession Cam
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And now, how are the bachelors whiling away the hours before the third date? Click here to find out!

By samoht04

Offline intl_incident

• You can call me Indy! :D
  • Occult
« Reply #1334 on: August 29, 2013, 12:00:09 AM »
Yep, that's where they're going ;) Although there are a few updates in between, sorry to make you wait.

Ha ha, no worries. I just can't believe it completely slipped my mind as a date location.  But of course my lips are sealed for however long it takes to get them there.  Looking forward to seeing how Platinum dresses up the chosen one.  I'm sure he'll be teh sex-ay.