Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 548808 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Downstairs
« Reply #1275 on: August 15, 2013, 06:12:11 PM »
It's true, Nathaniel attracts the crazies. No offense, Team Nathaniel. I'm just as crazy as the rest of you.

Hahaha, yes!

I already realized that I'm crazy. ;)

Good for you! We all have to realise it at some point.

Perfect finish of the date, Rosa. I really like the impatience on Nathaniel while checking the Love tester machine. It's good that the date end well. Looking forward for next update.

Thank you very much. The next update is coming soon!

Nearly missed this because I read 'Downstairs' as 'Upstairs' and had to stare at it for several seconds just to make sure...

This was a super fun date! After two very action-packed dates with lots of fabulous performances, I'm kind of expecting this next date to be a little more toned down. But I might be wrong  :P

Ah, apologies for the confusion. I suppose the moral is, when in doubt, check it out! I was trying to indicate a parallel. You all could tell it was happening at the same time as the previous chapter, right? Until the end, anyway.

Thanks! They were very action-packed and performance-filled, and you may be right about the next being calmer, but I won't be telling  :-X
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #1276 on: August 17, 2013, 12:49:11 PM »
Blarg, blarg. Dimitri, leave Marielle alone. There are other more interesting men to take Marielle's heart. Talus is such a patient gentleman. She should surely note that and admire him for such poise in the face of such chaos.

P.S. Rosa, I made it so if you click on my Talus picture in my sig, it'll bring you right to your story!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1277 on: August 17, 2013, 02:57:45 PM »
Blarg, blarg. Dimitri, leave Marielle alone. There are other more interesting men to take Marielle's heart. Talus is such a patient gentleman. She should surely note that and admire him for such poise in the face of such chaos.

P.S. Rosa, I made it so if you click on my Talus picture in my sig, it'll bring you right to your story!

Hahaha. That's good strategy, isn't it? 'All right, everyone leave Marielle alone! Only my favourite gets to talk to her.'

That is so cool! ;D Thanks!

By samoht04

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #1278 on: August 18, 2013, 01:06:05 PM »
I have to say something simply because I'm surprised that nobody else did...Did I actually see Rosa referencing the *gasp* Rose Ceremony?!? Does this mean that all of the early, and let's be honest, premature anticipation for this exciting event is going to be met sometime soon? I know better than to question our esteemed show runner but since she's the one who put it out in the universe, I felt that it may be safe to ask the question... ;)
Tenshin - A Bachelorette Bromance =)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1279 on: August 18, 2013, 02:46:22 PM »
I have to say something simply because I'm surprised that nobody else did...Did I actually see Rosa referencing the *gasp* Rose Ceremony?!? Does this mean that all of the early, and let's be honest, premature anticipation for this exciting event is going to be met sometime soon? I know better than to question our esteemed show runner but since she's the one who put it out in the universe, I felt that it may be safe to ask the question... ;)

Oh yeah, I did, what'd I say about it, that I was shooting it, yeah? I think no one's mentioned it because I've well scared them off . . . which is fine >:D No, just because I'm shooting it doesn't mean it's going to be soon. I finished shooting the second date over two months ago and I've only just finished posting it. Between shooting and posting there's writing and sending off to the sponsors and making any adjustments and adding in Confession Cams and re-reading it at least three times to catch the mistakes. And I try to shoot ahead of time, so there's posting whatever I'm in the middle of posting as well. Very complex. We still have the whole third date to go, so don't look for the Rose Ceremony too soon.

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--The Organ Grinder
« Reply #1280 on: August 23, 2013, 10:52:39 PM »
I promised a full credits list after the second date was over so you know who made which Sims. Here it is.

First of all, the venue was made by Vinyl and can be found here on the Swap Shop.

In order of appearance:

These two clowns were modified by me. I took the people assigned to the booths and just made them fit the theme. The female clown is actually Rayna Kaminski, Dimitri's grandmother!

Raz Butin was created by Vinyl and can be found here. I'd like to point out that in his first appearance, he does not acquire his 'thick, mysterious accent' until he is talking to the customers.

Godiva Canterbury and her horse Camelot were created by Vinyl. They are here.

Rex and Ray King, the juggling brothers, were made by Vinyl. Rex is here and Ray is here. Interesting note: Along with some other performers, Rex and Ray were made at my specific request for more circus-style Sims for this date at The Organ Grinder. The rest were made to show off the venue for the building contest and uploaded at my request.

Ivan Rochenko was made by Vinyl to show off the Organ Grinder. You can find him here.

Candy Kane of the fabulous entrance was created by Vinyl. She can be found here.

Malika Mysteria the Master Magician was created by Vinyl and is located here.

Kitty Katze is a Vinyl creation found here.

And the rest of her band, Lions and Tigers and Bears!--Leo Aslan, Wolf Lobos, Arctos Ursus, and Pantera Uncia--were inspired by Kitty Katze and created by me to perform with her.

America Hekya was one of the original visitors to the Organ Grinder. Link to Vinyl's page here.

The PlantSim food register man is Mitch Lee, transformed into a PlantSim by me so as to fit in the jungle theme.

Mesmera Abend the snake charmer is another Vinyl creation. Find her here.

Beatrice Bergerac, the Bearded Lady bartender, is Vinyl's and found here.

Many thanks to Vinyl for the contribution of both the venue and many of the Sims for this date!

And now, I present to you--Pre-Third Date Card.

By samoht04

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Credits
« Reply #1281 on: August 24, 2013, 12:26:25 AM »
When I read the name of the chapter, I was thinking that oh no, the bachelorette has prematurely ended. But I am happy to found that it was only for giving credits to makers of those sims and sets. Kuddos to Vinyl for those magnificient sims and sets. And Rosa for those matching band members. I really like it:). Looking forward for next update.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #1282 on: August 24, 2013, 09:32:54 AM »
Oh yes. Vinyl and Rosa did a terrific job with the Organ Grinder! I remember when Vinyl started posting some of the Sims for it. I thought they were great, but I honestly wasn't sure how somebody could use them. Clearly, I just needed to wait and see!  :P

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #1283 on: August 24, 2013, 06:27:44 PM »
Oh yes. Vinyl and Rosa did a terrific job with the Organ Grinder! I remember when Vinyl started posting some of the Sims for it. I thought they were great, but I honestly wasn't sure how somebody could use them. Clearly, I just needed to wait and see!  :P

Ditto.  A magnificent job by Vinyl but great adaptation by Rosa.  You really made them extraordinary.  Take a bow both of you.  ;D
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1284 on: August 25, 2013, 05:53:39 PM »
When I read the name of the chapter, I was thinking that oh no, the bachelorette has prematurely ended. But I am happy to found that it was only for giving credits to makers of those sims and sets. Kuddos to Vinyl for those magnificient sims and sets. And Rosa for those matching band members. I really like it:). Looking forward for next update.

Haha oh no I'm sorry! Didn't mean to worry you--but as you can see, it has not prematurely ended, so no worries ;) Vinyl really did a fantastic job, she's very creative and does nice detailed work. And thanks for the compliment to my band members, I had quite a bit of fun with them.

Muahaha. I saw it and knew exactly how 'somebody' could use them. She actually uploaded the Sims at my request--originally they were just made to show off the venue, but I asked if I could have them to make it come alive and not only did Vinyl oblige, she made me more! Fantastique!

Ditto.  A magnificent job by Vinyl but great adaptation by Rosa.  You really made them extraordinary.  Take a bow both of you.  ;D

Thank you! I had a good time coming up with their hidden depths, so to speak.

I've posted links to all of the Vinyl creations, but is anyone interested in downloading Lions and Tigers and Bears!? I can upload them if there's interest--I spent a good bit more time on them than was strictly necessary for their brief appearance and it'd be interesting to see what people do with them.

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Pre-Third Date Card
« Reply #1285 on: August 25, 2013, 11:18:08 PM »
The next morning, while everyone else is sleeping, Nathaniel awakes with a grumbling stomach.

Nathaniel: Hmmm . . . my stomach is both cut like a rock and empty. Like an . . . empty . . . thing.

So after his morning affirmations, he goes downstairs to procure some breakfast.

Nathaniel: Sweet, someone made waffles!

Nathaniel: Hey sis, what's up? How're you and Serena?

Nathaniel: Haha yeah, just doing my thing, you know, being amazing and all.

Nathaniel: Oh yeah, she definitely likes me! Of course, why on earth wouldn't she? Oh--hey--sorry, gotta go.

Nathaniel: (slides into the seat next Marielle with cartoonish speed) Oh heeeey, Marielle, good morning? How're you doing this beautiful day?

Marielle: (deep slurping noise)
Nathaniel: You're uh, heh, not letting the dirty dishes get you down, huh? (thinking) Stupid, stupid! Why can't I think of something better to say?

(silence)

Marielle: WOOOOOooooOOOOO!
Nathaniel: Uhhhhh . . .

Marielle: Sorry. Can't talk until I get my morning plasma orange juice. You know how it is.
Nathaniel: Um, yeah, of course.
Marielle: Let me just toss this out . . .

Nathaniel (thinking): I have to use this great opportunity to get closer to Marielle!

Nathaniel Confession Cam
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nathaniel: So, how about last night? That was fun, huh? That circus? Crazy!

Marielle: Yeah, I had a great time! Thanks for asking, Nathaniel!
Nathaniel: Yeah, me too! Hey, I just hope we get to spend some more alone time together really soon!
Marielle: Yeah, definitely!

The Third Date Card can be found here!

By samoht04

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1286 on: August 25, 2013, 11:32:43 PM »
I'm thinking it's a good strategy for them to get her alone as much as possible lol.  That and it makes good entertainment for us ^^  Hehehehehe

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #1287 on: August 25, 2013, 11:43:38 PM »
Go on Nathaniel. Take this chance. This can be your only chance to impress Marielle.:D Looking forward for the next exciting update.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1288 on: August 26, 2013, 07:54:38 AM »
The "empty like an...empty...thing" line was fantastic.  It's such a fun mixture of personalities in the house.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #1289 on: August 26, 2013, 09:01:35 AM »
The "empty like an...empty...thing" line was fantastic.  It's such a fun mixture of personalities in the house.
Agreed, on both points.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

anything