Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 548625 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Upstairs
« Reply #1245 on: August 11, 2013, 03:29:52 PM »

Dimitri is pulling ahead in the race: first smack-a-roo and the tastiest of the bunch! Looks like he's the current man to beat!

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #1246 on: August 11, 2013, 05:32:05 PM »
Well that's a hard act to follow.  I wonder how the others would feel if they knew Dimitri was putting so many moves on Marielle.  Since I can't read the confession cams so I'm guessing they don't.  Poor Leopold and Everette will have kittens about Dimitri's inappropriateness.   ::)
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1247 on: August 11, 2013, 05:57:29 PM »
How dare he make moves on Everette's beloved!  I mean, what a lovely update...

Haha, she's hardly Everette's beloved, more like Everette's gently interested. By virtue of the first kiss, Dimitri is the only one with any romantic claim to her. Although that doesn't mean the others aren't interested. She's just not their beloved.

*gasp* Dimitri! I didn't know you had it in you.

He didn't either, haha, I think he was rather surprised by the whole thing.

Awwww. I mean, *Ahem* Marielle, you are going for the wrong one.

Yeah, because it was Marielle that clearly made the move. ::)

Good ol' Dimitri. That book scene was very heartwarming. So that's what was going on upstairs, hmm.  ;D

Yes, the mystery is now unveiled. I'm glad you liked the book scene, I thought it was sweet myself and his obvious enthusiasm was endearing.

Awwwww!  That was just too cute!  This is why I can't pick between the bachelors.  There are only one or two that I don't solidly root for.  But this was just too sweet!  *melts into a puddle*

I know, right? After the kiss they were just lighting up each other's wish panels like nobody's business. Hence all the star-watching and gift-giving and that. Don't worry, you're not the only one, I can't pick either. Good thing it's Marielle's job, eh?

Dimitri and Marielle, sittin' in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g!

LOL. I kid of course, that update was really sweet. I agree with Shewolf, I can't choose who is my definite favourite. I love them all  ;D

Ahem. Yes. Hahaha

I definitely was fortunate to get a great group, a nice varied lot of bachelors that make it difficult to choose. That is the point though, eh? You don't want it to be a bunch of lackluster gents with only one shining star--no contest. No intrigue, no suspense. So while it makes it challenging, it makes it fun and interesting as well.

Dimitri is pulling ahead in the race: first smack-a-roo and the tastiest of the bunch! Looks like he's the current man to beat!

He did indeed make a big jump in points! He is definitely doing well for himself. (to put it in algorithm terms, that would be an awfully crass way to word it for real). Of course, this week Everette has nothing to fear as he has immunity thanks to the First Impression Roses. But next week starts fresh, so it's still, as they say, anyone's game!

Well that's a hard act to follow.  I wonder how the others would feel if they knew Dimitri was putting so many moves on Marielle.  Since I can't read the confession cams so I'm guessing they don't.  Poor Leopold and Everette will have kittens about Dimitri's inappropriateness.   ::)

Yes, Dimitri is getting a head start on things, but what can I say, the moment was right. You'll find out in the next update what the others know or don't know. Even if you could read confession cams, none of them have any in this update so it doesn't matter. No one saw this prior to posting but me and Lilygirl. And I'm sure Leopold and Everette will be scandalised, hahaha.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
« Reply #1248 on: August 11, 2013, 06:10:13 PM »
No! Dimitri kissed Marielle! And...*gasp* Marielle liked it!

I suppose this is the Bachelorette. In the real life show, she kisses all the bachelors, and sometimes even the annoying ones (like Dom).
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Danielle Haydis

« Reply #1249 on: August 11, 2013, 11:23:08 PM »
Looks like all the other bachelor's will have to step up their game if they wan to win Marielle's favor.
The book scene was so cute. As a fellow bookworm, I understand Dimitri's enthusiasm.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #1250 on: August 12, 2013, 12:49:20 AM »

I suppose this is the Bachelorette. In the real life show, she kisses all the bachelors, and sometimes even the annoying ones (like Dom).
Well, yeah, why shouldn't she like it? Kissing is awesome!  :D

I also liked the part with the book. That was really sweet. (The title cracks me up though. Love In The Time of Typhoid. I don't even.  :P) I really like how you give each of the characters depth like this.  :)
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #1251 on: August 12, 2013, 01:49:34 AM »
Great update. It is nice to see Dimitri having a moment with Marielle, especially when they are stargazing. Cool, truly love is in the air. Looking forward for next cool update.:)
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1252 on: August 12, 2013, 05:42:56 PM »

How observant of you. ;)

Well, I think you'll find that Marielle is selective about whom she kisses. I have specific criteria for allowing a kiss on this show.

Looks like all the other bachelor's will have to step up their game if they wan to win Marielle's favor.
The book scene was so cute. As a fellow bookworm, I understand Dimitri's enthusiasm.

Haha, indeed! Dimitri does not have the bookworm trait, but obviously books are very important to him and this is an author he really admires. Judging by his enthusiasm I can only guess it would be like me receiving a Harry Potter book signed by J. K. Rowling.

Well, yeah, why shouldn't she like it? Kissing is awesome!  :D

I also liked the part with the book. That was really sweet. (The title cracks me up though. Love In The Time of Typhoid. I don't even.  :P) I really like how you give each of the characters depth like this.  :)

Heck yeah it is!

The title is a reference to a certain show I was enjoying at the time I came up with it. Points to anyone who guesses what show. And thank you, I really try to make my characters multidimensional.

Great update. It is nice to see Dimitri having a moment with Marielle, especially when they are stargazing. Cool, truly love is in the air. Looking forward for next cool update.:)

Yes, moments are nice. Fun to write and that.

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1253 on: August 12, 2013, 05:49:25 PM »
I have no guesses on the show you're referencing, but I'm currently reading Love in the Time of Cholera, so how coincidental!

In all, the stuff between Marielle and Dimitri was sweet. :) I'm trying not to join any teams, but there's something about Dimitri that I like.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1254 on: August 12, 2013, 06:29:37 PM »
Trip, you beat me to it!  I was going to reference Love in the Time of Cholera as well!  Gabriel Garcia Marquez is pretty much awesome!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1255 on: August 13, 2013, 01:52:51 AM »
I have no guesses on the show you're referencing, but I'm currently reading Love in the Time of Cholera, so how coincidental!

In all, the stuff between Marielle and Dimitri was sweet. :) I'm trying not to join any teams, but there's something about Dimitri that I like.

The show in question refers to Love in the Time of Cholera, so I was referring to that reference. You're more cultured than I, reading the actual book rather than just watching a show that references it!

Thanks, I liked it too. I was quite proud of that writing. I don't blame you not joining a team. Dimitri is a likeable guy. Very down-to-earth.

Trip, you beat me to it!  I was going to reference Love in the Time of Cholera as well!  Gabriel Garcia Marquez is pretty much awesome!

Trip does that ;) Try answering a question on a dynasty thread without her beating you! Yeah, haven't read the book, but I hear it is good ;)

By samoht04

karlissa

« Reply #1256 on: August 13, 2013, 11:11:48 AM »
Dmitri is safe! I just know it!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #1257 on: August 13, 2013, 12:12:54 PM »

I certainly hope so, karlissa! Mostly because I'm having so much fun doing this. :D  I don't get to play my Sims very often and doing The Bachelorette with Dimitri is a great alternative.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1258 on: August 13, 2013, 03:22:36 PM »

It would be pretty sad to kiss a bloke and then send him home, wouldn't it? But I'm saying nothing--only that I'm in the middle of shooting the Rose Ceremony (which, thank the Watcher, has been easier than I expected for the first time in the show).

I certainly hope so, karlissa! Mostly because I'm having so much fun doing this. :D  I don't get to play my Sims very often and doing The Bachelorette with Dimitri is a great alternative.

Well I'm glad to provide it for you then!

By samoht04

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #1259 on: August 13, 2013, 03:26:48 PM »
It would be pretty sad to kiss a bloke and then send him home, wouldn't it? But I'm saying nothing--only that I'm in the middle of shooting the Rose Ceremony (which, thank the Watcher, has been easier than I expected for the first time in the show).

Wait a minute. You're the Watcher, so you're essentially thanking yourself. Just a little blasphemous, don't you think?  :P