Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 548540 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Mystery, Part I
« Reply #1140 on: June 24, 2013, 05:26:39 PM »
Great update/show, Rosa. She(performer) is rather very mysterious. How she can conjure a Bwan Speedster(Agnes's car) in the middle of the show. Anyhow, it was an incredible show. Did Marielle keep it? To me, it looks like it will vanish(poof) upon touch just like other magic.
Chetan.

Thank you. Good, that's how I tried to write her and I'm glad it worked. She makes other magicians look inferior, no? I had to step up my game for this because I went all out on the other magicians at Magic Manor and I ran out of actual tricks, so I had to invent my own. We'll see if you're right! It's a good guess!

Ooh, fantastic!!  :D
I can't wait to see what she does next!

I'm afraid it's not as flashy as conjuring a sports car, but I liked it all the same. ;)

Given that Malika didn't give you the movement and motion of the other performers, I thought it was really nice how you used the shots to give her depth through various expressions and playing to the audience as a presenter as much as a performer.

You always notice things I didn't even do on purpose. Thanks for being the person to point out this cool thing I did that I didn't even know about. Hahaha.
She does have a wonderfully expressive face, and I tried to get close and capture the expressions. I made up all of her tricks, so there's no pre-made movement and that made it a bit (read: a lot) more difficult to shoot. I'm glad you think she's a good presenter. When I was writing, I just felt out each character and tried to write them accordingly. Rex and Ray had Hidden Depths and played The Entertainer, Candy loves puns (and candy), Malika involves the audience.

I thought it was interesting how stiff Malika appeared, but still seemed very alive. Makes sense with that giant cuff necklace.

Hmmm. Again, probably due to the lack of pre-made movement. She does have a doll-like quality, doesn't she? Interesting.

Well, as much as I tried to get all of the performances into one update each (this date is going to be so long, hahaha) I couldn't do it with this one. Magic had so many steps! So here is Part II. Enjoy.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Mystery, Part II
« Reply #1141 on: June 24, 2013, 05:27:31 PM »
Hmm. Lovely. But now I'm afraid I must clear the stage.

Marielle: (gasp)

Always leave a place the way you found it, I say.

I am going to call on my little friend to help me with the next part.

Oh, Cranston!

There you are!

Come here, Cranston!

Good man.

Now--volito!

That's my boy, Cranston!

Yes, very well done.

All right, Cranston, take a bow and say goodbye!

It is time for me to say goodbye as well.

Farewell, friends. Mayhap we will meet again.

Until then--adieu!

(Stunned silence)

(Gasps of appreciation and applause from the audience)

At last, it's time to find out what was meant by Lions and Tigers and Bears!

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1142 on: June 24, 2013, 05:35:38 PM »
And in a surprise twist, Marielle runs off with Cranston.
Seriously, though, another really nice update.  Good usage of camera angles and lighting to make this part of the show really pop and come to life.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1143 on: June 24, 2013, 05:48:42 PM »
Oooo!  Love the shots for this part!

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #1144 on: June 24, 2013, 06:00:49 PM »
Wow! Now, how did you do it?

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1145 on: June 24, 2013, 06:23:00 PM »
And in a surprise twist, Marielle runs off with Cranston.
Seriously, though, another really nice update.  Good usage of camera angles and lighting to make this part of the show really pop and come to life.

Riiiight. Hahaha. Ever since watching The Big Bang Theory, Cranston Boonitz looks like Leonard to me.
Thank you! I actually paid a lot of attention to both, thank you for noticing!

Oooo!  Love the shots for this part!

Thank you!

Wow! Now, how did you do it?

Ah ah ah, a magician's Watcher never reveals her secrets ;)

By samoht04

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #1146 on: June 24, 2013, 09:53:12 PM »
Great update and yet another amazing show. Instead of torching the car with flames to clear the area, she should have given the car to Marielle or another bachelor. What a waste of money/magic power. And the finishing act(vanishing after levitating) was cool. Can't wait for next show.
Chetan.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #1147 on: June 24, 2013, 10:00:39 PM »
Stunning screenshots for this update series, Rosa. Great use of all a storyteller's tools!

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #1148 on: June 24, 2013, 10:36:09 PM »
Great update and yet another amazing show. Instead of torching the car with flames to clear the area, she should have given the car to Marielle or another bachelor. What a waste of money/magic power. And the finishing act(vanishing after levitating) was cool. Can't wait for next show.
Chetan.
But it's magic, Chetan! For all we know, the car could be totally fine behind the scenes, it burning being a trick and all. And I think the show offered them enough money to perform that they were able to torch it without eating into their pocketbooks too much.

But at the same time, I also heard the collected, anguished cries of Immortal Dynasty players everywhere at the scene of a burning Brawn Speedster.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #1149 on: June 24, 2013, 11:16:38 PM »
But it's magic, Chetan! For all we know, the car could be totally fine behind the scenes, it burning being a trick and all. And I think the show offered them enough money to perform that they were able to torch it without eating into their pocketbooks too much.

But at the same time, I also heard the collected, anguished cries of Immortal Dynasty players everywhere at the scene of a burning Brawn Speedster.
Yes, indeed they will be crying for it. That car has been the early money support of all Sunset valley immortal dynasty players. And that's why, that specific Agnes' car is so famous in the forum. And I agreed anything is possible in magic even burning Agnes' car. They have so much money that they can do anything.
Chetan.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #1150 on: June 25, 2013, 02:45:28 PM »

Haha! On noes! Not the speedster! Yes, that car definitely comes in handy in a dynasty. Hello awesome house on day one, goodbye sports car. What a fun show! You've come up with some wonderful tricks of your own, Rosa.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
« Reply #1151 on: June 25, 2013, 02:51:52 PM »
This has inspired me to make a haunted house for sims. Thank you.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1152 on: June 25, 2013, 04:53:18 PM »
Chetan.

She could have, but I thought the flames would be flashier. Thank you, I liked that as well.

Stunning screenshots for this update series, Rosa. Great use of all a storyteller's tools!

Thank you! I definitely had to get creative!

Yeah, that's it! Magic! That's the main reason I burned it. Magic.

Yeah . . . apologies,, Immortal Dynasty players.

Yes, indeed they will be crying for it. That car has been the early money support of all Sunset valley immortal dynasty players. And that's why, that specific Agnes' car is so famous in the forum. And I agreed anything is possible in magic even burning Agnes' car. They have so much money that they can do anything.
Chetan.

I wouldn't say they have so much money they can do anything. It looks like a rather poor circus. But the car was summoned by magic, so perhaps like leprechaun gold it would disappear anyway?

Haha! On noes! Not the speedster! Yes, that car definitely comes in handy in a dynasty. Hello awesome house on day one, goodbye sports car. What a fun show! You've come up with some wonderful tricks of your own, Rosa.

I have never had the Bwan Speedster in a Dynasty since I don't play in Sunset Valley, but I did once get Leon's Springs as a wedding present! §500.000+! It was amazing! Too bad the attempt failed  :-\ then again, having that much money so quickly made it almost too easy. One likes the challenge of an Immortal Dynasty, having next to no money.

Thank you!

This has inspired me to make a haunted house for sims. Thank you.

Ah, that's a project I've been meaning to do since either Supernatural or Seasons, can't remember which. But then Seasons had one so I didn't do it. May I ask what in particular inspired you? I have to admit, I'm not seeing it.

By samoht04

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
« Reply #1153 on: June 25, 2013, 08:39:15 PM »
The burning of the Bwan Speedster. (And everyone's reactions)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Lions and Tigers and Bears!
« Reply #1154 on: June 28, 2013, 12:30:58 AM »
Ringmaster: Last, but not least, put your hands together for the most entertaining band in the land--Lions and Tigers and Bears!

Ringmaster: Please welcome . . . Wolf Lobos!

Ringmaster: Arctos Ursus!

Ringmaster: Pantera Uncia!

Ringmaster: Leo Aslan!

Ringmaster: Aaaaand Kitty Katze!

Kitty Katze: Wabam mobzy gweb, dinggi weps hibi seblabau zaha-au
Can du wambafleb semsi meps coba keba flaau semsigwaaul

Kitty Katze: Iba glens aye ba dra biba sanseh bow blaay boohh blayy boohh yeah-aaahh!
Waba dum sufleb gensubley do floohhhn gree boohh

Kitty Katze: WAAAABBAAAA MOBZY GRAAAAB ohhhh

Pantera Uncia: Moby greb eel, ohh-ohh!

Kitty Katze: WAAAABBAAAA MOBZY GRAAAAB yeeeaaaahhh
Pantera Uncia: Heeeyyy--ooohhhh!

Kitty Katze: Thank you Starlight Shores!

Audience: Encore! Encore!

Oogie oogie oo, baga oogie oogoo!

Kitty Katze: Bigey, gia mama dobo.
Dey cana meyza, mia diwa dee dao.

Kitty Katze: De dida di pey, dada doda cheee paahh
Chida dada gio kajah dobo.

Heyyy, nowa hey baahh-aaahhh!

OOGIE FEVER!

What will the bachelorette and bachelors do next? Find out here!

Kitty Katze was created by Vinyl. The rest of Lions and Tigers and Bears were made by me.

Lyrics for "One More Grey Day" were modified from those posted by a commenter on a YouTube video.

Lyrics of "Oogie Fever" were transcribed by me.

By samoht04

anything