Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 548834 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Back at the Mansion
« Reply #1080 on: June 16, 2013, 06:11:36 PM »
My takeaways from this little update:
-Everette and Leopold need to star in a buddy cop drama, most likely centered around teaching punks and rude criminals how to behave properly and better conduct themselves
-Dominic's flirty ways will (hopefully) keep getting him in trouble, though his luck will prevent him from true danger (including the loss of kidneys, it seems) ;)
-Talus is the bestest and most cleverest of them all (salt! he knows how to handle everything!)  <3

-Hmmmmhmhmhmh. (I hope that translates well to text, although I fear it does not)
-Buahahaha he does bring a lot of trouble on himself.
-There was actually much more to that, I'm a bit sad I didn't get to show it. It was this whole thing with Talus though.

I love this. That is a FANTASTIC idea.  ;D

Buddy cop film with Everette and Leopold?  This must happen!!

Hmm, noted.

Kenshin: Well, at least they didn't say anything about me! *sigh of relief*

Kenshin's reaction was very mild and mostly internal. Everette would have no way of even knowing it. So that makes sense, I think.

This must happen! lol

And that was a neat update Rosa ^^  Always nice to know what's going on with those not on the date ^^  And watching them bond is pretty cool ^^

I try, although it can be hard to keep track of two places at once (hence the one screenshot).

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Back at the Mansion
« Reply #1081 on: June 17, 2013, 12:26:27 AM »
Is it just me or are we starting to see some of that tried & true Bachelorette gossip? You know, the kind where the Bachelors say things to fellow competitors in the hopes that THEY will be the ones to bring the behavior to Marielle's attention? Oh, I hope not so!  ::)
Tenshin - A Bachelorette Bromance =)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--The Show Begins!
« Reply #1082 on: June 17, 2013, 07:19:54 PM »
The show begins!

Blonde circus person: Ahem. Mr Ringmaster. You're on.
Ringmaster: Oh! Oh, quite so, yes yes yes. (slips in a bookmark)

The audience of bachelorette and bachelors assembles in front of the stage.
Nathaniel: All right. Amaze me.

Ringmaster: Lady and gentlemen, please welcome to the stage . . . the King Brothers, daredevil jugglers extraordinaire! Rex walks on the wild side, while Ray is a bit of a pyromaniac!

Rex: Hey, Ray!
Ray: Yes, Rex?
Rex: Why did the juggler smoke?

Ray: I don't know, Rex. Why?
Rex: Because he was on fire.
Ray: (sarcastically) Oh, ha ha. All right, I have one for you.
Rex: Shoot.

Ray: How do crazy people get through the forest?
Rex: How?
Ray: They take the psycho-path!
Rex: Ba-dum-tssshhh.

Ringmaster: But juggling is not their only talent. Ray twirls a mean flaming baton!

Nathaniel Confession Cam
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ray: A mathematician and a physicist were asked the following question: Suppose you walked by a burning house and saw a hydrant and a hose not connected to the hydrant. What would you do?

Ray: Physicist: I would attach the hose to the hydrant, turn on the water, and put out the fire.

Ray: The mathematician gives an identical answer. Mathematician: I would attach the hose to the hydrant, turn on the water, and put out the fire.

Ray: Then they were asked this question: Suppose you walked by a house and saw a hose connected to a hydrant. What would you do?

Ray: Physicist: I would keep walking, as there is no problem to solve.

Ray: Mathematician: I would disconnect the hose from the hydrant and set the house on fire, reducing the problem to a previously solved form.

Ray: That's all, folks! I'll be here all week!

Ringmaster: As you will see, Rex is also a skilled contortionist and gymnast!
Rex: I have three things for you to think about: Number one,
        This thing all things devours:
          Birds, trees, beasts, flowers;

Rex: Gnaws iron, bites steel;
          Grinds hard stones to meal;

Rex: Slays king, ruins town,
          And beats high mountain down.

Rex: Number two,
        It cannot be seen, cannot be felt
          Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.

Rex: It lies behind stars and under hills,
            And empty holes it fills.

Rex: It comes first and follows after,
            Ends life, kills laughter.

Rex: And finally, number three:
        What does man love more than life,
            fear more then death or mortal strife,

Rex: What the poor have the rich require,
             and all contented men desire.

Rex: What misers spend and spendthrifts save
              and all men carry to the grave?

Kenshin Confession Cam
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jump to Strong and Horse.

The first two riddles are by J. R. R. Tolkien. The third is a rephrased classic. I'd love to read your guesses to the three riddles!

I need to give some credit here. Mr Rosa was incredibly helpful in the process of writing the dialogue for the jugglers. He let me bounce my ideas off him and listened to countless jokes and riddles and then helped me choose which to use. He often helps me choose which screenshot is the most effective, etc, but this time he went above and beyond the call of duty!

By samoht04

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #1083 on: June 17, 2013, 07:33:18 PM »
*applauds* Mr. Rosa needs to take a bow - this update was magnificent!  Really digging the banter entwined with the performances. 

I think I know the answer to the first two riddles, but the third has me stumped.  I'll PM you, Rosa, so the riddles don't get spoiled for anyone else (that is, if my guesses are actually correct... :P).

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1084 on: June 17, 2013, 07:33:24 PM »
Bravo!!!  Loved the performers!  In the space of one update, you made them real characters rather than just scenery.  I'm not guessing at the riddles as I've heard them all already  ;=)

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #1085 on: June 17, 2013, 07:39:45 PM »
*Cane Twirl* (My favorite emote on the Internet EVER)

Riddles, Riddles everywhere;
But not a one I can't solve;
No matter how difficult;
None can break my resolve;
Who am I?  ;D

In all seriousness though, Rosa, I do love how you characterized the Acrobats beyond just doing their acrobatics and leaving  :)
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #1086 on: June 17, 2013, 08:37:53 PM »
Rosa-
Would you rather us PM you our guesses or just post them here? I liked the aonimous darkness of the theatre... added drama. Who made Ray?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1087 on: June 17, 2013, 08:56:03 PM »
Ooooo!  That was great!  And yes, Mr. Rosa needs to take a bow ^^

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1088 on: June 17, 2013, 09:07:57 PM »
Is it just me or are we starting to see some of that tried & true Bachelorette gossip? You know, the kind where the Bachelors say things to fellow competitors in the hopes that THEY will be the ones to bring the behavior to Marielle's attention? Oh, I hope not so!  ::)

Mmmm, that's my doing I think, I'm trying to force it on the bachelors and the sponsors are having none of it. ;) I'll keep trying!

*applauds* Mr. Rosa needs to take a bow - this update was magnificent!  Really digging the banter entwined with the performances. 

I think I know the answer to the first two riddles, but the third has me stumped.  I'll PM you, Rosa, so the riddles don't get spoiled for anyone else (that is, if my guesses are actually correct... :P).

I will tell him you said so. He'll be pleased. I had big empty space dialogue-wise but I didn't like it, so I added in riddles and jokes as that seemed appropriate. Now I'm putting pressure on myself about the other performances, though :P

Yes, PM me, that's a good idea. That way more people can guess.

Bravo!!!  Loved the performers!  In the space of one update, you made them real characters rather than just scenery.  I'm not guessing at the riddles as I've heard them all already  ;=)

Awww, thank you. They were pretty much scenery before. Awesome scenery, but two-dimensional nonetheless. It was fun to add in the dialogue although it slowed down the update. Besides, Ray has a good sense of humour (as well as being a social butterfly and dramatic, so he clearly likes attention) so having him tell jokes fit. Rex is more dark and broody, I think (although he doesn't have the traits) and so I thought dark, broody riddles would fit him.

You can still PM me the answers if you like, Pippin. ;)

*Cane Twirl* (My favorite emote on the Internet EVER)

Riddles, Riddles everywhere;
But not a one I can't solve;
No matter how difficult;
None can break my resolve;
Who am I?  ;D

In all seriousness though, Rosa, I do love how you characterized the Acrobats beyond just doing their acrobatics and leaving  :)

I would imagine!

Hmmmm, I have a guess, I'll PM you!

Well thank you very much. I'll attempt to do so with the rest but I'm not sure they'll be as deep as the King brothers, with their maths jokes and their Tolkien riddles.

Rosa-
Would you rather us PM you our guesses or just post them here? I liked the aonimous darkness of the theatre... added drama. Who made Ray?

Yes, PM them to me and I'll reveal the answers directly after or before the next update. Thank you for asking.
The theatre in the circus is indeed brilliant in every way except for literal brightness. Both jugglers and the circus itself were made by Vinyl.

Ooooo!  That was great!  And yes, Mr. Rosa needs to take a bow ^^

Thank you, thank you! And I will let him know, he'll be tickled to see he has fans now.

By samoht04

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #1089 on: June 17, 2013, 09:42:37 PM »
Yay, great acrobatics performance. And loved to read that there is each riddle in each performance. And, I really like the ring of fire stunt (i don't know the correct name). And lastly, special thanks to Mr. Rosa for those nice riddles. Waiting for next update.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline Silviak

• Whovian
  • Townie
    • MA Dunham Writes
« Reply #1090 on: June 18, 2013, 03:58:49 AM »
Acrobatics is one of my fave additions to Sims. Horribly fun to watch no matter how many times you see it, and I loved the costumes/lighting for these blokes. So fun! *claps*
When I'm not Simming, I'm {writing}.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #1091 on: June 18, 2013, 06:41:06 AM »
Many thanks to Mr. Rosa for me as well, for besides the first two (which I've read countless times) he really has stumped me with the third. (Which makes me sound quite hypocritical on account of Kenshin's confidence) I think the dynamic between Ray and Rex is absolutely brilliant.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #1092 on: June 18, 2013, 10:28:18 AM »
Fantastic update, as always, Rosa.  Kudos to Mr. Rosa as well!
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1093 on: June 18, 2013, 01:50:08 PM »
Yay, great acrobatics performance. And loved to read that there is each riddle in each performance. And, I really like the ring of fire stunt (i don't know the correct name). And lastly, special thanks to Mr. Rosa for those nice riddles. Waiting for next update.

Thanks, Chetan! I'm glad you liked that little touch. Are you referring to the flaming baton? There is a ring of fire, but that was not shown here. I will oblige you with the next update as soon as possible!

Acrobatics is one of my fave additions to Sims. Horribly fun to watch no matter how many times you see it, and I loved the costumes/lighting for these blokes. So fun! *claps*

I don't remember if I mentioned this here before, but I never played much with Showtime because I got it the same time as Pets and right before Supernatural, so I've been playing with it thoroughly in The Bachelorette. It's set in Starlight Shores, and so far we've had magicians and acrobats. And I cannot tell you how much fun I've had with unlockoutfits and those new career outfits! So much! Anyway, I agree that the costumes and lighting were spectacular, and that's all down to Vinyl!

Many thanks to Mr. Rosa for me as well, for besides the first two (which I've read countless times) he really has stumped me with the third. (Which makes me sound quite hypocritical on account of Kenshin's confidence) I think the dynamic between Ray and Rex is absolutely brilliant.

Well, he didn't come up with them, he just listened patiently while I read a whole lot of them and had a guess. But your thanks is appreciated none the less. So you're out of guesses for the third, eh? Hmmm, you may keep trying as much as you like! I'm glad you like Rex and Ray's characters. I felt that Ray might be a bit more of a sciencey bloke, and Rex a bit more poetic. I think I came up with that after their speaking parts though.

Fantastic update, as always, Rosa.  Kudos to Mr. Rosa as well!

Thank you *bowing* And Mr Rosa thanks you as well.

Rosa: So you have a lot of thanks from readers. Thanks, kudos, applause--
Mr Rosa: What?
Rosa: Well, I told them that you helped me with the riddles and the jokes, that you listened to me and whatnot. So what do you want to say to your fans?
Mr Rosa: Um, thanks, I guess ::) hahaha

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1094 on: June 18, 2013, 04:00:20 PM »
I'm not having answers come in for the riddles anymore--are you all done guessing? I want to make sure I give everyone a chance to guess before I reveal the answers.

By samoht04