Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 549295 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Second Date Part I
« Reply #1050 on: June 13, 2013, 09:53:56 PM »
From a bathtub full of ice and missing a kidney.

But seriously though, I'm mostly sure he'll be fine.

Gwendy, you and your organ jokes! Stealing organs from clients is generally considered bad for business. Raz is all about the Simoleon. And Dominic will absolutely be fine.

Not that coming out not fine is necessarily bad. It's good character-building, you know?

Ppfffffff. That is my exaspemusement noise. Reserved especially for my sponsors.

That was really funny! But you're making me like Dimitri, which is a problem. I'm sending out fewer psychic signals telling you to rig a different bachelor as the winner.

I'm not making you like anybody. And what's wrong with liking Dimitri? He's a likeable bloke, yes? I refuse to rig, so your psychic signals weren't working in any case.

That's okay, no rigging necessary. Marielle's already taken -- by Everette :)

Amazing venue/start of date, you guys!

Marielle is not taken by anybody :P If she were, I'd have loads of jealous bachelors swarming round, and who needs that? Not I!

Thank you! Working on the next bit now. Get back to you when it's been properly responded to. Cheers!

Hey, hey, hey! There's no "rigging" whatsoever! The winner will be whoever Marielle loves the most, whoever that may be. Do you really think Rosa would have it any other way, (especially after all the work she put into her algorithm)? Tut, tut.  ;)

Yeah, that's what I said! Huff huff! See how Gwendy defends the algorithm while I'm otherwise occupied (responding to all the comments)? That's because the sponsors are all sworn Knights of the Algorithm!
Well, no they're not, but it sounded pretty good before you knew that, didn't it?
And it's a fair point---don't think I could rig it even if I wanted to. Wouldn't know how, for one thing--and the algorithm is in control now--ooooohhhh!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #1051 on: June 14, 2013, 04:06:16 AM »
--and the algorithm is in control now--ooooohhhh!

Just one small step from the algorithm taking control to welcoming our new computer overlords.  Just sayin'.   ;)
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Silviak

• Whovian
  • Townie
    • MA Dunham Writes
« Reply #1052 on: June 14, 2013, 07:41:54 PM »
This is such a great story. Can't wait for the next update. And I'm THRILLED you guys picked the circus! :>
When I'm not Simming, I'm {writing}.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #1053 on: June 14, 2013, 11:19:36 PM »
Will there be acrobats in the circus? It will be fun to watch their stunts. Can't wait to see the circus.
Chetan.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #1054 on: June 15, 2013, 01:37:57 AM »

A circus, indeed! But not at all the kind of magic I had contemplated. What fun! All of the various bachelor reactions to having their fortunes told was so much fun. Then again, The Bachelorette is always so much fun! I'm curious to see where the date night entertainment proceeds from here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1055 on: June 15, 2013, 10:40:31 AM »
Just one small step from the algorithm taking control to welcoming our new computer overlords.  Just sayin'.   ;)

No doubt about that. My computer already controls me. It can reduce me to tears in minutes if my game won't work.

This is such a great story. Can't wait for the next update. And I'm THRILLED you guys picked the circus! :>

I'm so glad you love it! *whispering confidentially* I love it too. I am confused though--who are the 'you guys' to which you are referring? The Rosas?

Will there be acrobats in the circus? It will be fun to watch their stunts. Can't wait to see the circus.
Chetan.

Circuses may include acrobats. I can't tell you though. It's a surprise!  :-X

A circus, indeed! But not at all the kind of magic I had contemplated. What fun! All of the various bachelor reactions to having their fortunes told was so much fun. Then again, The Bachelorette is always so much fun! I'm curious to see where the date night entertainment proceeds from here.

Hmmm, what kind of magic had you contemplated? It is certainly a far cry from the elegance of Magic Manor. I wouldn't want to be redundant! I'm glad you are having fun and entertained *bows* I need to check, but I believe the next chapter may be ready to post...

By samoht04

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #1056 on: June 15, 2013, 10:41:18 AM »
Yaaaay!

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Second Date Part II
« Reply #1057 on: June 15, 2013, 11:35:40 AM »
Who should be outside while Dominic is in the caravan, but Godiva Canterbury and her beloved steed Camelot?

Of course, equestrian Dominic wants to make friends with the horse.

Dominic: Who's a love bug then?

Unfortunately, it would appear the feeling is not mutual.

However, Dominic is nothing if not persistent.

Then he meets the horse's proud owner.
Dominic: That's some horse you've got there!
Godiva (thinking): Well aren't you just sizzling?

Nathaniel: Hmmmm . . . think I'll help myself to a little bit of that fortune right now!

Nathaniel: *whistles innocently as he flies through the chute*

Nathaniel (high, squeaky voice): Let's see . . . Aha!

Nathaniel: (tiny struggling noises) Almost . . . there . . .

Godiva: It was a pleasure to meet you, gentle Dominic, lover of horses.
Dominic: And you, my lady Godiva.

Dominic Confession Cam
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nathaniel: Hey, Marielle, can I talk to you for a minute? Outside? Alone?

Marielle: Of course, Nathaniel!

Marielle Confession Cam

Marielle: What did you need to talk to me about?
Nathaniel (thinking): Would she be impressed by my sweet Claw game heist? Nah, stick to the matter at hand.

Nathaniel (leaning in, whispering): Well, you know last night?
Marielle (following suit): Yeah?

Talus: I am terribly sorry to interrupt, but I have been requested to inform you that the show is about to begin.
Marielle: Oh, of course, Talus. Later, Nathaniel?
Nathaniel: Yeah. Later. Fine.

Marielle Confession Cam

Nathaniel Confession Cam

What are Everette and Leopold up to while all this is going on? Find out here!

By samoht04

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1058 on: June 15, 2013, 12:15:11 PM »
Innocent poor timing on Talus' part, or tremendous strategic move?

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1059 on: June 15, 2013, 12:22:06 PM »
Oooo!  Dominic, stop flirting for cryin' out loud!  Oi!  XD  Poor guy, just can't help himself, it seems.  And EXCELLENT timing Talus XD  Poor Nathaniel.  So cute!

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #1060 on: June 15, 2013, 12:26:00 PM »
It seems our esteemed Talus has managed to pull a Leopold! What excellent unfortunate timing on his part!  ;)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1061 on: June 15, 2013, 12:34:09 PM »
Innocent poor timing on Talus' part, or tremendous strategic move?

I suspect the former. If it's strategy he is hiding it from me. But then it was autonomous. Every now and then they surprise me by acting like the chaps on the show. It's quite funny.

Oooo!  Dominic, stop flirting for cryin' out loud!  Oi!  XD  Poor guy, just can't help himself, it seems.  And EXCELLENT timing Talus XD  Poor Nathaniel.  So cute!

Technically he wasn't flirting. He was attracted but he didn't actually flirt with Godiva. And he's Flirty, so he does it autonomously, so no I guess he can't help himself. Yeah Talus just showed up at that very moment. Maybe he was trying to prevent anything happening.

It seems our esteemed Talus has managed to pull a Leopold! What excellent unfortunate timing on his part!  ;)

I can only guess and hope that this will be a long-standing tradition in the game. It makes things interesting to write.

By samoht04

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #1062 on: June 15, 2013, 05:24:35 PM »
I love how Nathaniel uses his fairy powers to cheat the claw machine.  :) I wish I had that ability.

*looks up at all the "Great timing, Talus!" posts* Sorry.  :(
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #1063 on: June 15, 2013, 06:46:42 PM »
I love how Nathaniel uses his fairy powers to cheat the claw machine.  :) I wish I had that ability.

*looks up at all the "Great timing, Talus!" posts* Sorry.  :(

Well, I can't speak for anybody else, but as a fellow sponsor, I can't say with complete honesty that I am unhappy with Talus' entrance. There is a certain small competitive part of me that relishes the misfortunes of other bachelors. Fortunately, this is a fairly small part of me.  ;)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1064 on: June 15, 2013, 06:50:26 PM »
Well, I can't speak for anybody else, but as a fellow sponsor, I can't say with complete honesty that I am unhappy with Talus' entrance. There is a certain small competitive part of me that relishes the misfortunes of other bachelors. Fortunately, this is a fairly small part of me.  ;)

Personally, I found it quite funny, and as Nathaniel's sponsor I'd say it's no huge loss for him. He'll be back on his feet soon  ;)

I love how the bachelors are all kind of equal. On the real show this season, everyone's already singled out the one guy to be the "bad guy," and every other confession cam is about how they hate him, and how deceitful he is, but on this show it's all good! Besides Nathaniel thinking he's better than everyone else, it's all about getting higher in Marielle's graces, rather than trying to drag down other competitors.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty