Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 549212 times)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Second Date Card
« Reply #1005 on: June 10, 2013, 07:41:23 AM »
To anyone who cares to listen, I have dubbed this friendship, "Tenshin." And, Rosa, that's not cute, that's adorable.

As someone who is a dedicated fan of Legend of Korra, the similarity to Tenzin in this name is just too perfect. If I wasn't sold on it before, I sure am now.  :D

You'd think that a show like this would be ripe for harsh sabotage between the bachelors, but nope, sometimes they'll give good luck charms to their supposed rivals. How sweet!

I hope they're well-prepared for the next date.

These guys are so much nicer to each other. You would never have seen this kind of stuff on The Mole. Except perhaps with Marielle.  ;)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1006 on: June 10, 2013, 08:30:53 AM »
I get what you're saying, Az, I feel the same way.
I think that's why this rendition is so popular, it's not mean-spirited in the slightest. It's just straight-up fun, with some dramatic twists and turns. But then again, things could change after the still-off first elimination, and the reality that all but one has to go home alone sets in. (And like Rosa said, Talus doesn't quite understand the rivals thing.)
To anyone who cares to listen, I have dubbed this friendship, "Tenshin." And, Rosa, that's not cute, that's adorable.

And happy 1000 replies/comments, Rosa! *throws confetti*

You're right, everyone being nice to each other is a draw for this. It's very unusual. Then again, that fits with my vision--after I watched the actual Bachelorette for research, I decided I wanted mine to be more like the more innocent version I had in my head before I saw it. And I think it is. Although you're right again, we'll see what happens after the Rose Ceremony and someone goes home.
Oh, my apologies, adorable is what I meant to say ;)

Thank you for noticing! I say, you readers are excellent. What would I do without you noticing these things? Well, plough on and not see it, of course! Thank you!

As someone who is a dedicated fan of Legend of Korra, the similarity to Tenzin in this name is just too perfect. If I wasn't sold on it before, I sure am now.  :D

These guys are so much nicer to each other. You would never have seen this kind of stuff on The Mole. Except perhaps with Marielle.  ;)

I'll take your word for it, I've never seen that.

Ah, that's true. Perhaps the bachelorette is setting the tone? She was certainly the sweetest on The Mole. I think she's glad to be here where everyone is nice to her. Much more her speed, I should think.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1007 on: June 10, 2013, 10:21:17 AM »

Oh my god, I didn't even notice that before! I don't think that would even work (turn out as a name from Avatar or Legend of Korra) for any other bachelors combined . . .
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1008 on: June 10, 2013, 12:34:26 PM »
I was thinking about something I want to share with my readers. After several hours of frustrating, finely-detailed work on the third date, I was thinking, 'Yes, the readers appreciate all of this work, and they notice the little details. They always say that they know how much work must have gone into making this. But do they really? Can they really know how much time I put into this project? I wonder. How can I make them know? I'm so greedy--it's not enough that they love my work, I need them to know how much work it really is so they can have a deeper appreciation, and so that when I do something a certain way they don't think "Well, I could have done it better" or they won't wonder why it takes me so long to post everything.' But I thought--no, there's no possible way for them to know how much work it is. I couldn't put it in words.

Today, though, I am working on the second date to post and I thought--no, maybe I can't put it in words, but how about a few numbers? That's when I realised that I didn't even know how much time I put into this. I started taking screenshots for the second date on 11 May. That's a month ago! I took most of them starting on 13 May. Based on the times they were taken, I spent about 17 1/2 hours on 7 different days over the span of almost a month, setting up those shots and playing the file. That's not, of course, counting loading times or any time spent saving or getting everything ready. For this, I made Sims, I changed Sims, I used poses, I kept track of everyone's everything, I used a lot of MoveObjects on and switching from Live Mode to Build/Buy to Create a Sim. And that's just the screenshots. Since I shot out of sequence, I have to put everything in order, then upload the screenshots, type up the story, add the screenshots, send it to the sponsors, make any changes they request, add the Confession Cams, find the screenshots for the Confession Cams, triple-check for mistakes (although as you've noticed, I still miss some) and post. And that's Part I. Then it starts over from 'type up the story' for each following part.

I don't know how many of you will actually read this big block of text. I do feel better though, now that I've in a way pointed out how very much work this is. Fingers crossed that it gets easier at some point! In the meantime, thank you to those of you who read it all. You are the reason I do this, and the reason it is all worthwhile.

By samoht04

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1009 on: June 10, 2013, 12:36:49 PM »
*jaw drops*  You have waaaayyyy more patience than I have XD  *bows to Rosa*  Truly, my dear, you a wonder ^^

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1010 on: June 10, 2013, 12:54:06 PM »
Well, I am a bit more aware of the time commitment you make to this, but it is still shockingly impressive to see the effort and energy you put into it broken down into numbers and a timeline. 

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #1011 on: June 10, 2013, 05:36:28 PM »
I'm aware of some of the time and effort and patience it takes for this but not the extent that you have verbalised.  Can I just say, you're doing a brilliant job.  I certainly have enjoyed the interactive part of the story and I'm sure all the other sponsors will confirm that this is an amazing experience.  I think we all agree that our Simmies are having the time of their lives in your caring and competent hands.  <<hugs>> for Rosa.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #1012 on: June 10, 2013, 05:58:55 PM »
This whole thing made me snort. I would've done a spit-take if snow-peas were liquid. Oh and to Nathaniel,

Dearest Nathaniel,

I am so, so, so, so sorry for forgetting about the fansite. After all, where else will we sell the shirts! (And socks/hotpants/hats/headbands/fake wings/fairy elixirs/blue tuxedos/posters/makeup) Please forgive me!

Sincerefully,
Squirt

When read please hear it in your best over-exaggerated soap opera voice.
And to Rosa, WOW. Help me pick up my jaw please?

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #1013 on: June 10, 2013, 06:26:24 PM »
I'm very sorry if I or anybody else ever made you feel like the insane amounts of effort that have been put into this weren't appreciated.  This project is enormously impressive and I'm personally amazed you've had the dedication to stick with it. For myself, I want to say if I ever point out a little flaw (like with Kenshin and the telescope), I'm not pointing it out to criticize. I just think it's slightly amusing how uncooperative things can be and how sometimes it's just impossible to iron out the miniscule mistakes. I hope the amount of time, patience, and skill involved in this project won't make you quit, because I can't properly express how impressive the Bachelorette. I won't waste any more of anybody's time who stumbled across this rather long posting, I just wanted to express some thoughts.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #1014 on: June 10, 2013, 07:43:52 PM »
I'm aware of some of the time and effort and patience it takes for this but not the extent that you have verbalised.  Can I just say, you're doing a brilliant job.  I certainly have enjoyed the interactive part of the story and I'm sure all the other sponsors will confirm that this is an amazing experience.  I think we all agree that our Simmies are having the time of their lives in your caring and competent hands.  <<hugs>> for Rosa.
I definitely confirm that this has been absolutely amazing to be a part of. Rosa is definitely a brilliant gem and is so much fun to work with. Thank you for all the ridiculously hard work you do, Rosa! You are absolutely amazing! *raises Coke bottle*
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #1015 on: June 10, 2013, 08:11:37 PM »
Slowly, but slowly, I am making my way through this massive thread of massiveness. I like so far, but oh heaven is it a read  ;D
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #1016 on: June 10, 2013, 08:29:47 PM »
I don't think the sheer amount of work and devotion you put into this story was ever in doubt, but it still quite eye-opening to see the bold statistics. I honestly can say I probably wouldn't have the patience to deal with all of that, and it should to be applauded that you do. As much work as it often is, take joy in knowing that your work is being both enjoyed and respected.  :D

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1017 on: June 10, 2013, 09:00:25 PM »
Yay! So much validation! ;D

*jaw drops*  You have waaaayyyy more patience than I have XD  *bows to Rosa*  Truly, my dear, you a wonder ^^

Thank you. *bows* If I didn't love it and the readers so much, I wouldn't have patience. Since the incident in which I had to take a break, I have learned to pace myself more.

Well, I am a bit more aware of the time commitment you make to this, but it is still shockingly impressive to see the effort and energy you put into it broken down into numbers and a timeline. 

Well, thank you. I hoped it would be impressive. It impressed me. 'Wow, no wonder my mum worries that I'm obsessed and my brother's always telling me to get a new hobby!' But I always tell him, 'I'm touching lives with my work.'

Thank you. I hoped it would be eye-opening. I've enjoyed the experience of working with so many to make this, even though it's been a challenge, the new perspectives have been exciting! And I'm touched that you enjoy working with me too.  *blush* *hugs back*

This whole thing made me snort. I would've done a spit-take if snow-peas were liquid. Oh and to Nathaniel,

Dearest Nathaniel,

I am so, so, so, so sorry for forgetting about the fansite. After all, where else will we sell the shirts! (And socks/hotpants/hats/headbands/fake wings/fairy elixirs/blue tuxedos/posters/makeup) Please forgive me!

Sincerefully,
Squirt

When read please hear it in your best over-exaggerated soap opera voice.
And to Rosa, WOW. Help me pick up my jaw please?

Oh my goodness, where is all of this merchandise coming from? Wow! Nathaniel will be glad to see your response. It made me laugh.
Absolutely. Here is your jaw, m'm.

I'm very sorry if I or anybody else ever made you feel like the insane amounts of effort that have been put into this weren't appreciated.  This project is enormously impressive and I'm personally amazed you've had the dedication to stick with it. For myself, I want to say if I ever point out a little flaw (like with Kenshin and the telescope), I'm not pointing it out to criticize. I just think it's slightly amusing how uncooperative things can be and how sometimes it's just impossible to iron out the miniscule mistakes. I hope the amount of time, patience, and skill involved in this project won't make you quit, because I can't properly express how impressive the Bachelorette. I won't waste any more of anybody's time who stumbled across this rather long posting, I just wanted to express some thoughts.

Oh, don't feel bad! *hugs* That's not what I meant to do. Thanks for explaining though, I agree that the game is just too funny sometimes. Don't worry, I intend to see this thing through, although I think now that it may take a year to get through the whole thing. I had no idea it would be so very time-consuming! I'm really glad people don't ask about Season 2 anymore because I just want to bang my head on the desk when I even think about it. And don't worry about wasting time, I appreciated all of it.

I definitely confirm that this has been absolutely amazing to be a part of. Rosa is definitely a brilliant gem and is so much fun to work with. Thank you for all the ridiculously hard work you do, Rosa! You are absolutely amazing! *raises Coke bottle*

*teary* Thanks, Gwendy! You're fun to work with too. All of the sponsors are so different, what an amazing experience I'm having! Thanks to everyone--builders, sponsors, readers, contributors--for making this a reality. I'm so touched. *blows kisses to all*

Slowly, but slowly, I am making my way through this massive thread of massiveness. I like so far, but oh heaven is it a read  ;D

Welcome, Wiry! Glad you're reading! I'm glad you like it. It sure is a lot. If you want to skip the comments it may go faster. But you will miss nuances. *shrugs* up to you. Enjoy!

I don't think the sheer amount of work and devotion you put into this story was ever in doubt, but it still quite eye-opening to see the bold statistics. I honestly can say I probably wouldn't have the patience to deal with all of that, and it should to be applauded that you do. As much work as it often is, take joy in knowing that your work is being both enjoyed and respected.  :D

Well, thank you! It's nice to see it in a positive light. People on the street tend to look askance at me when I tell them, wide-eyed and foaming, that I spend hours a day working on stories about Sims on an online forum (one has to wonder why I keep confiding in strangers about this--perhaps because it's about all I talk about). They don't understand--this is the best, most wonderful forum with the best, most wonderful readers and they make it all worth it!

Give yourselves a hand!

By samoht04

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #1018 on: June 10, 2013, 09:18:31 PM »
Give yourselves a hand!

Well, I'm afraid I already have two hands, and I quite frankly don't have room for a third, barring some rather serious cosmetic surgery. Somebody else can have my hand.

(Also, it's an odd moment when you're posting in The Bachelorette thread while The Bachelorette is on the TV in the same room.)

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #1019 on: June 10, 2013, 09:24:35 PM »
Nah, I'll never skip a comment. Nuance is what I thrive on  ;D

Rosa,  this is a most interesting story, though I know precious little about the actual TV show, only seeing commercials for it while fast forwarding  :P
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler