Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 549218 times)

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Second Date Card
« Reply #990 on: June 08, 2013, 11:21:46 PM »
Well obviously they must be going to Kansas!

So in other words, they're going to Riverview? Because that is a very Kansas styled town. (Minus the grain and corn though. I do wish we had corn in Sims.)
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #991 on: June 09, 2013, 02:36:53 PM »
Technical difficulties behind me, I could enjoy the photo shoot as it was intended - in HD & not on an itty-bitty teeny-tiny cellphone screen! Lucky me!! I think all of the Bachelors we're posed quite brilliantly, I can't even imagine the amount of work that went into this. Between your poses and the Sponsors' dialogue, you really do get a feel for who these guys are as individuals - Personalities are shining through!

Naturally, I thought Kenshin was adorable but Nathaniel was the one that had me giggling. I pity the poor "mortal" who had to keep our self-absorbed fairy fella focused on the camera instead of his own perfect image in the mirror!

To close this review out, I couldn't help but think that Leo had "A little Captain in Him" based on his Kitchen pose! All in all - Loved it!

BONUS: Due to the fact that I had fallen behind because of above mentioned technical difficulties, I still have "The second date card" ahead of me!!  ;D
Tenshin - A Bachelorette Bromance =)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #992 on: June 09, 2013, 02:44:17 PM »
Hm. So obviously something difficult. But fairly possible to the well seasoned builder. Also, not a zoo. Although I would do a zoo. Yes, zoos are good. Or it could be a roadtrip, not essentially with a circus. Looking up the reffy now.
...Loading...Loading...
Oh, so Nathaniel could well be on the right track. Or one parallel to it.
Hmmm. A cruise? With a theatre on board. Or, no. Also, that book looks like a childrens book. Looking up synonyms to circus and roadtrip. Also, major motion picture. Will report back.

Wow. Once again, you are thoroughly over-analysing it. And how exactly, I am dying to know, would you do a zoo? Do you have zoo animals I don't know about? I agree it's a fun idea but a bit boring if there's nothing to go in.

So in other words, they're going to Riverview? Because that is a very Kansas styled town. (Minus the grain and corn though. I do wish we had corn in Sims.)

Haha. I wish we had grains as well. Saddens me all the time.

Technical difficulties behind me, I could enjoy the photo shoot as it was intended - in HD & not on an itty-bitty teeny-tiny cellphone screen! Lucky me!! I think all of the Bachelors we're posed quite brilliantly, I can't even imagine the amount of work that went into this. Between your poses and the Sponsors' dialogue, you really do get a feel for who these guys are as individuals - Personalities are shining through!

Naturally, I thought Kenshin was adorable but Nathaniel was the one that had me giggling. I pity the poor "mortal" who had to keep our self-absorbed fairy fella focused on the camera instead of his own perfect image in the mirror!

To close this review out, I couldn't help but think that Leo had "A little Captain in Him" based on his Kitchen pose! All in all - Loved it!

BONUS: Due to the fact that I had fallen behind because of above mentioned technical difficulties, I still have "The second date card" ahead of me!!  ;D

Yay, welcome back Blayzen! I'm glad you liked it and you're getting to know the bachelors better.

I could not get Nathaniel to face the mirror no matter what I tried. While shooting it in game I decided on that little gem of a mirror comment, and I thought and still think it's hilarious.

I figure he's used to posing that way for royal portraits, so that's how I had him pose for these as well. I was going to have it come up in conversation but I changed my mind.

Aha! Happy guessing!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #993 on: June 09, 2013, 03:25:26 PM »
Hmm well knowing that a zoo is not really possible and also having seen that film a million times growing up, if they are off to see the wizard then perhaps the emerald city? which in sims I guess would be Bridgeport.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #994 on: June 09, 2013, 05:00:20 PM »
Well, we have minor animals, and a couple of standees. Is that a challenge? Do I hear a challenge?

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #995 on: June 09, 2013, 05:47:52 PM »
Hmm well knowing that a zoo is not really possible and also having seen that film a million times growing up, if they are off to see the wizard then perhaps the emerald city? which in sims I guess would be Bridgeport.

:o When did I say anything about being off to see the wizard?

Well, we have minor animals, and a couple of standees. Is that a challenge? Do I hear a challenge?

I am tempted to make a zoo now, I'll admit.

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Before the Second Date
« Reply #996 on: June 09, 2013, 06:48:53 PM »
The bachelors are left to entertain themselves while they wait for the date to begin. Each has his own way of amusing himself.

Dominic: I hope I get a glimpse of some of the local scenery while I'm out on my jog. They can sure get a glimpse of me! Check out these muscles, ladies!

Leopold: Before I get to any sparring, I must take care of that thank-you note to Marielle! The memories of the Magic Manor will stay with me all my life.

Kenshin: Oh--oh--ahhh! Blast, you got me!
Talus: I believe the word that Rosen would use would be 'pwned'. I have no idea what it means exactly, but she always says that when she wins one of these games.

Nathaniel: Take that, little green man!

Dominic: Mmm-hmmm, I look good.

Talus: I will give you good luck for tonight.
Kenshin (breathless from being thrown into the air): Thank you. I appreciate it.

Kenshin Confession Cam
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leopold: So, we're agreed? The loser makes the winner his favourite meal.

Everette: I hope you know how to make Stir-Fry!
Leopold: I have the recipe for Crepes in my inventory if you need it.

Kenshin finishes teaching himself the pool trick he's been wanting to learn since the first night.

Nathaniel: Ahh, how I love my fans. There's that Swirl-Girl, she just loves my humour! She's right, I am hilarious. (typing) Dear . . . Team Nathaniel . . . why . . . haven't you made . . . a fan site for me . . . yet? Signed . . . your favourite person ever . . . Nathaniel.

Dominic: It's important to have a balanced workout. So, time for the strength training!

Dimitri: Ah, this makes me miss Grandma Rayna. She taught me to play shuffleboard when I was a just a little tyke.

Leopold: Oh, well. I may have been bested as a martial artist, but no one beats my cooking!

Nathaniel (snickering): Nice pyjamas, Baby-Face.
Everette (ignoring him): Ommmm . . . ommmm . . .

Leopold: And that last special touch . . . done! Everette, your Stir-Fry is ready!

Nathaniel: Awww, well aren't you just like an old married couple in a movie. Why don't you marry each other and I'll have Marielle. Mmmmm, that smells good! Don't mind if I do!

Maid (thinking): I can't believe Leopold is a bookworm like me! This is the best assignment ever!

Everette: This is delicious, Leopold, I'll be happy to beat you in a sparring match any time.

Nathaniel: Muahaha, I'm eating Everette's victory Stir-Fry! Hahahaha! Take that, little green man!

Leopold takes a turn at the athletics machines.
Leopold: Got to stay sharp and on my toes for that next sparring match!

Stay tuned for the exciting next date!

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #997 on: June 09, 2013, 06:59:29 PM »
That was full of so much awesome!   Loved all of that Rosa!  Hehehe, Talus is so cute when using slang, "pwn".  Love it!  And Nathaniel... oh Nathaniel, you always crack me up XD.  Watching Everette and Leo spare was awesome too ^^

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #998 on: June 09, 2013, 10:44:48 PM »
I really like seeing how they spend their time together, when Marielle is otherwise occupied.  I enjoy seeing the relationships between them develop.  This was great!
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #999 on: June 09, 2013, 10:53:47 PM »
Nathaniel better stay out of Everette's stir fry.  That food is for winners!
Seriously, though, lovely update.  Nice bits of humor.  Loved seeing Nathaniel giving Squirt a shout out  :=)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1000 on: June 09, 2013, 11:08:39 PM »
That was full of so much awesome!   Loved all of that Rosa!  Hehehe, Talus is so cute when using slang, "pwn".  Love it!  And Nathaniel... oh Nathaniel, you always crack me up XD.  Watching Everette and Leo spare was awesome too ^^

Thank you. He is, isn't he? Oh yes, this was a fun one to write. I restrained myself, with difficulty, from writing in the names of their moves. 'Side kick!' 'Flying mantis!' They just didn't seem the types to go all Yu-Gi-Oh!

I really like seeing how they spend their time together, when Marielle is otherwise occupied.  I enjoy seeing the relationships between them develop.  This was great!

Indeed! I think the bonding moments are very fun to watch. And a lot of what they do is based on their own wished. For example, Kenshin had the sweetest wish to be friends with Talus, and then Talus had the wish to give him a Good Luck charm. Isn't that cute?

Nathaniel better stay out of Everette's stir fry.  That food is for winners!
Seriously, though, lovely update.  Nice bits of humor.  Loved seeing Nathaniel giving Squirt a shout out  :=)

Hahaha he was so gleeful about it, that was so fun. Nathaniel is a pro at poking the poodle. Thank you, yes. Nathaniel got on the computer and that part was just irresistible. I can't wait to see Team Nathaniel's reaction. And Swirl-Girl was not only the most recent to comment on Nathaniel, but also one of the most enthusiastic fans here. I think she is more excited about Nathaniel than Azo-chan herself!

By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1001 on: June 09, 2013, 11:37:24 PM »
Hahaha he was so gleeful about it, that was so fun. Nathaniel is a pro at poking the poodle. Thank you, yes. Nathaniel got on the computer and that part was just irresistible. I can't wait to see Team Nathaniel's reaction. And Swirl-Girl was not only the most recent to comment on Nathaniel, but also one of the most enthusiastic fans here. I think she is more excited about Nathaniel than Azo-chan herself!

I think it's easier to fangirl over someone else's creations than yours.  ;) . He's too much like a son to me for me to be in love with him. (That came out super weird, but I will stand by it!)

I was cracking up at Nathaniel's little stint on the forum. He's certainly . . . persuasive!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1002 on: June 09, 2013, 11:51:59 PM »
You'd think that a show like this would be ripe for harsh sabotage between the bachelors, but nope, sometimes they'll give good luck charms to their supposed rivals. How sweet!

I hope they're well-prepared for the next date.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1003 on: June 10, 2013, 12:03:34 AM »
I think it's easier to fangirl over someone else's creations than yours.  ;) . He's too much like a son to me for me to be in love with him. (That came out super weird, but I will stand by it!)

I was cracking up at Nathaniel's little stint on the forum. He's certainly . . . persuasive!

Ah, I know what you mean.

Oh, yes. That was so much fun to write. I was cracking up as I was typing it. Luckily my husband already knows I'm mad so he wasn't fazed by it.

You'd think that a show like this would be ripe for harsh sabotage between the bachelors, but nope, sometimes they'll give good luck charms to their supposed rivals. How sweet!

I hope they're well-prepared for the next date.

What do you mean, no harsh sabotage? Didn't you see Nathaniel eating Everette's victory Stir-Fry? *snicker* If the sponsors told me to have their bachelors sabotage another one, I would so do it in a heartbeat. Not one has told me to yet. Maybe as it gets closer they will. I can only hope. I'd love some drama. ;D The good luck charm was cute, though. Talus doesn't get the whole 'rivals for love' thing.

Indeed! How should they prepare? ??? I want to know!

By samoht04

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #1004 on: June 10, 2013, 12:10:04 AM »
I get what you're saying, Az, I feel the same way.

Quote from: Trip
I think that's why this rendition is so popular, it's not mean-spirited in the slightest. It's just straight-up fun, with some dramatic twists and turns. But then again, things could change after the still-off first elimination, and the reality that all but one has to go home alone sets in. (And like Rosa said, Talus doesn't quite understand the rivals thing.)

Quote from: ombradellarosa
For example, Kenshin had the sweetest wish to be friends with Talus, and then Talus had the wish to give him a Good Luck charm. Isn't that cute?
To anyone who cares to listen, I have dubbed this friendship, "Tenshin." And, Rosa, that's not cute, that's adorable.

And happy 1000 replies/comments, Rosa! *throws confetti*
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------