Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 548744 times)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
I'd like to say I would've stayed where I was if I was in Dimitri's place, but I know I would've bolted once I had a distraction. (thanks, Leopold.  ;D)

I love that screenshot where Marielle is in the background, and we get that nice, close-up profile shot of Dimitri. Very clever camera work!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
Wow...... great update. I'm glad we got to see more of Dimitri since he has sorta.... faded into the background. Him bolting was just too funny.  :D

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
Him bolting was just too funny.  :D

Whole new meaning to "fast food".  ;)
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
HA! I expected Nathaniel to be chosen as well.
Personally, I would do it more than once, that's wacked out sampling. You do it several times and see who she chose more on average.
But it's your call. I'm not going to argue. :D

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
 :P

That's the best smiley available for me to express my joy for Dimitri's win over the six other bachelors.

;D
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Everette wouldn't have run away...I mean, how nice for Dmitri that he was picked.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline shaunta

• Townie
Great update!
Funniest comment yet! For me at least :) lol... Um Leopold might want to back up a bit since she seems intent on whats going on! 

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Woot!  I'm glad it was Dimitri!  *sniffles* I miss Dimitri!  Very nice scene.  lol, can't believe Leo interrupted!

Yeah, he's been kind of lurking in the shadows for a bit, so it's nice he got some spotlight here. I was as surprised as anyone that Leo showed up to talk about cooking right in the middle of the experience, but it was fun to write in.

I'm so glad I checked back here one last time before bed - though hitting the pillow at 2am will definitely be bad for my morning.

I am happy for Dimitri. Especially since he earned that swoon earlier in the show. As usual Dominic is off doing other things. Can't say I'm disappointed that she didn't pick him.  ;)

What in the world was that hot chef Leopold doing? Talk about bad timing. Hehe. I'm sure he was just trying to help. But still bad timing. I hope his chivalrous efforts did not ruin things for him as well as Dimitri. He sure did run off quick didn't he? Lol.

Great update. A good chuckle before bedtime.

Sorry to keep you up--how well I know what it's like to stay up too late checking the Forum! But I'm glad I made it worth your while.

Yeah, like I said, he showed up all by himself to suddenly start talking about cooking. I found it rather curious, but intriguing. I don't think Marielle holds it against him--she understands that it was well-meant. Yeah it's funny, I don't know where Dimitri went! Maybe to the loo?

I wish I had logged in before checking this as I spoilered myself with,

I'll have to remember in future so it goes to the new posts not the last one, but after catching up I too am happy for Dimitri, I always thought he was tasty so did my sims who married him  ;D

Ahh, too bad. I'm sorry that was spoiled for you. But yes, well done Dimitri! Good job smelling tasty!

This is my first time commenting so please forgive me if it's a bit too long.

1. The mansion is amazing/beautiful/awesome/epic/fabulous/etc!. I was speechless when I saw it. Hats off to intl_incident for building it.

2. I'm jealous that you get to keep the bachelors. They are, beyond doubt, some of the finest looking sims I've ever seen. It will be hard for me to remove one of them each week.

3. I really love the way you portray all of the characters and how you make them seem to come to life every update. The Confession Cams are a genius idea. I like how they reveal each character's personality.

4. (Fan-girling) I really adore Kenshin! His shy disposition towards Marielle is just really cute.

5. Marielle is very beautiful. and the fact that she's a vampire is an extra bonus.

6. I expected Marielle to choose Nathaniel since he's a fairy. My vampire sim seems to always choose fairies whenever possible every time she hunts.

I wonder if Leopold barging in like that was really to protect Dimitri from being bitten or to make sure Marielle didn't get too close with Dimitri.

Welcome to the Forum and The Bachelorette! So glad to have you. To briefly address what you have brought up, let's see-- Ah yes, the Mansion is fabulous. I cannot say enough about how gorgeous it is and I look forward to you all being able to download it. Well done and thank you again to intl_incident. The bachelors are very lovely as well, and you're right that I am very lucky to have them! It's going to be difficult for me to lose them as well. I'm glad you're liking my writing, I try very hard to show each bachelor accurately, and I agree that the Confession Cams help keep me on track. Get your Kenshin banner now and show your support for your favourite bachelor! Thank you, I'm glad you like Marielle, I think she's very lovely myself. I was surprised as well that she didn't choose Nathaniel since fairies are so tasty, but I have no idea. And I have no idea why Leopold showed up--not that there was any reason in the Sims for him not to, he was just autonomously starting a conversation.

Will Dominic ever stop flirting with bartenders and maids? No, I guess he won't :P Anyway, great update, and I guess I'm happy for Dimitri.

Well, ask Shawnya, that's what happens when you have a Flirty Sim.

I didn't notice this earlier, Marielle staring at Dimitri and thinking about dinner  ;D

Yes, haha that's why I just had to use that screenshot, and why she was thinking that she was busy.

I'd like to say I would've stayed where I was if I was in Dimitri's place, but I know I would've bolted once I had a distraction. (thanks, Leopold.  ;D)

I love that screenshot where Marielle is in the background, and we get that nice, close-up profile shot of Dimitri. Very clever camera work!

Hahaha hurray for honesty.

Thank you! *beaming* I thought so! I'm glad you commented, because I was exceedingly proud of that shot.

Wow...... great update. I'm glad we got to see more of Dimitri since he has sorta.... faded into the background. Him bolting was just too funny.  :D

Thank you! I'm glad he took centre stage as well, I'm trying to give everyone roughly equal screentime. Again, no idea where he went but maybe Leo being there made him uncomfortable with the situation?

Hahaha! Gotta catch him!

HA! I expected Nathaniel to be chosen as well.
Personally, I would do it more than once, that's wacked out sampling. You do it several times and see who she chose more on average.
But it's your call. I'm not going to argue. :D

Yeah, I was somewhat disappointed that she didn't get the fairy plasma moodlet, but I am not disappointed that she chose Dimitri. They definitely have a chemistry going on.
My goodness. Don't you think 'wacked out sampling' is a little strong? If you knew how difficult it was to set this up, perhaps you would not think so strongly that I did it wrong. A hunt target lasts all night, so I would have had to open a new file every time to try again. Either that, or wait for a new day every time. I already had to get a new file and move things around in Edit Town to do it the first time. To do a scientific sampling would have taken much longer than the days it already took to shoot this. Considering how much work it is to keep up with everything that goes into my algorithm every time I open the file, I thought it was nice that there was something that was comparatively 'easy' to figure out based on the game mechanics. When you say you're not going to argue, you kind of already did. I won't pretend I wasn't a little hurt to read that.

:P
That's the best smiley available for me to express my joy for Dimitri's win over the six other bachelors.
 ;D

Hahaha, you enjoy that victory!

Everette wouldn't have run away...I mean, how nice for Dmitri that he was picked.

Hahaha, what would Everette have done? Stood up and told Leopold to get out like a good fellow?

Great update! Funniest comment yet! For me at least :) lol... Um Leopold might want to back up a bit since she seems intent on whats going on! 

Seriously, that was quite witty.
Yeah, she was already 'in the zone' so it was a bit of a dangerous place to be. Very brave of Leopold to go into that to save Marielle from herself, don't you think?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
I'm sorry, it did come across as very rude didn't it? I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. :-[
I didn't quite compute how difficult it must have been to wrangle that together, my language was to strong. I apologize. Nothing personal?

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
(Wow, how have I not commented in so long?)

I'm sure Nathaniel is very miffed that he wasn't chosen, but I'll try to curb his diva impulses.  ;)

I think it's epic that you used Hunting as one of the "deciding factor and such" in this competition! Just one of the many perks of having a vampire bachelorette.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher

Okay, that was awesome! Leopold butting in, and Dimitri wandering off. I loved him freaking out, too. Just wonderful! Haha!

I also loved the comment about how each of the bachelors would taste. Each description suited the bachelor perfectly. Marielle will have to be sure to tell us how Dimitri tastes!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
I'm sorry, it did come across as very rude didn't it? I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. :-[
I didn't quite compute how difficult it must have been to wrangle that together, my language was to strong. I apologize. Nothing personal?

I didn't think you were being rude on purpose, I just wanted to be open and honest so you would know.
I accept your apology. If I made you think, then I accomplished my purpose.

(Wow, how have I not commented in so long?)

I'm sure Nathaniel is very miffed that he wasn't chosen, but I'll try to curb his diva impulses.  ;)

I think it's epic that you used Hunting as one of the "deciding factor and such" in this competition! Just one of the many perks of having a vampire bachelorette.

I think he was, actually. We'll see if anything comes of that.

Thank you! I got the idea when she was attracted to a Hunt Target in France. I find it most intriguing.

Okay, that was awesome! Leopold butting in, and Dimitri wandering off. I loved him freaking out, too. Just wonderful! Haha!

I also loved the comment about how each of the bachelors would taste. Each description suited the bachelor perfectly. Marielle will have to be sure to tell us how Dimitri tastes!

I know! Sims, right? It's as though they don't know that I'm shooting a TV programme, here!

Well apparently he smells really good. Do you see her licking her lips in that shot?

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
I haven't read this story since page 14 or so. So I went on a marathon reading session tonight.

Plasma-compatibility! I just really like that twist.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
I haven't read this story since page 14 or so. So I went on a marathon reading session tonight.

Plasma-compatibility! I just really like that twist.

Well you surely had a lot of catching up to do! I hope you enjoyed it.

I'm glad you like that. You remind me, I have neglected my stories too long and I must get the second half of that up so you can see what happens! To work!

By samoht04