Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 548641 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--The Final Show, Part II
« Reply #870 on: May 25, 2013, 12:13:55 PM »
Awwww!  I loved how Talus stepped up and how Marielle was so worried about him.  It was sweet.  And yes, the captions when Dom emerges is fantastic!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #871 on: May 25, 2013, 12:21:13 PM »
Hold on, isn't making bachelors disappear supposed to be Marielle's magic trick?  :=)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--The Final Show, Part I
« Reply #872 on: May 25, 2013, 12:55:58 PM »
Spook meaning vampire?  I'd only come across it as a synonym for ghost or spy (as in the TV series Spooks - although I think it's called MI5 across the pond).

I didn't realise that the Box of Danger needed an audience member.  (Told you I hadn't played much with Showtime).  It's nice to see Talus getting some time in the limelght - and I agree with Leo.

*shrugs* I'm just telling you what Thesaurus.com told me. I hadn't heard it before, but it seemed extraordinarily convenient. Sorry for any confusion.

Yeah, it's a bit difficult to stick swords in oneself ;) It might be cooler to do it with the magician and his lovely assistant. (idea!) Talus is the only one who's Brave, so he made sense. Although Adventurous  Dimitri could have been another option. Thank you *bows* It was fun to execute. Sometimes.

I'm glad to see that Talus and Dom made it out of there alive. It would've made for a much shorter show if they didn't!  :P

Naw, only two or so weeks knocked off the show! ;)
Don't worry, I'm glad they survived too. If they really did die I'd be a hot mess!
But, I think I know how the swords trick works. And the disappearance trick. PM me if you wish.

Well, it depends on if I counted one of them as being eliminated. I could say 'Well, skip the Rose Ceremony, we've already got rid of a bachelor' and then it'd be just one week shorter. I would be upset though because I've put a lot of work into each week. Especially Week 2. It'd be easier not to do it, because it's an insane amount of work, but after all the work by others on it I would feel bad to skip it. (tantalising hints!)

We all know how it works. The Sims actually disappear. Because they're Sims. :P

It was great that Talus and Dom could participate in an act. Especially Dom. I'm glad that they both survived!

Yes, indeed! Well, if they had died I would have replayed it. Jokes aside, I don't really want to kill off my bachelors. Although a murder element would make a fascinating addition to the show! It fits in with what Mr Rosa said I should do . . . 'You have been eliminated! Now fix this dishwasher in a puddle.' Not sure that's family-friendly enough for the Forum, though. Too bad, because I love murder mysteries.

You captioned the pictures of Dominic leaving the box perfectly, Rosa. It made me giggle.

Thank you. It was a combination of captioning the photos, and knowing the basic things I wanted him to say and finding the right screenshots. It was very clear to me why Dominic volunteered after he saw Talus' reception ;)

Again, great magic show, Rosa. I'm so happy that both of them survived the Box of Danger. Can't wait for the next update(Rose giving day).
Chetan.

Thank you. I really don't understand why people keep thinking the Rose Ceremony is next. We have two dates to go in this Sim week. I explained it all here. I am going to link this post to the rules as well. Sorry to disappoint everyone, but you'll have to sit through two more dates before you see who leaves.

Awwww!  I loved how Talus stepped up and how Marielle was so worried about him.  It was sweet.  And yes, the captions when Dom emerges is fantastic!

It's funny, because it happened a step at a time. I'm thinking, okay, Douglas is going to do the swords trick. Who just volunteers for a trick in something called the Box of Danger? Someone brave, of course! And to my surprise, Talus was the only one was Brave. So it was perfect. And then I realised that of course Marielle would freak out. Um, swords! So then it just fit her nature to run up and throw her arms around him. The hardest part of that was getting a screenshot were Talus didn't look thrilled to be alive, because everyone has the same animation and expressions when coming out of the box and Dom and Talus are just not going to react the same.

Hold on, isn't making bachelors disappear supposed to be Marielle's magic trick?  :=)

Ho ho ho, I see what you did there!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #873 on: May 25, 2013, 12:58:17 PM »
You must remember Rosa that this is the Sims. Death is never the end of things for those guys. I mean, Marielle's already a vampire. I'm sure she'd be open for a ghostly husband.  ;)

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #874 on: May 25, 2013, 01:47:57 PM »
It'd be interesting if when you got eliminated, you were banished to ghost hood, so we could keep them around.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #875 on: May 25, 2013, 01:50:17 PM »
You must remember Rosa that this is the Sims. Death is never the end of things for those guys. I mean, Marielle's already a vampire. I'm sure she'd be open for a ghostly husband.  ;)

That's so true! Gasp! She had the hugest crush on Dennis. Oh my gosh, the bachelors are going to be killing themselves to get with her! ;)

It'd be interesting if when you got eliminated, you were banished to ghost hood, so we could keep them around.

I don't want to keep them around. Whew. I can hardly wait to have a smaller household. It's exhausting. I mean, I don't want to get rid of them, but it's so hard to keep track of everyone.

By samoht04

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #876 on: May 25, 2013, 02:59:47 PM »
I know, right?! When Rosa sent it to me, I just about keeled over, it was so adorable. (Although, I could just be horribly biased on account of it being my guy . . .) Forget Everette's immunity roses, Talus got a hug.

And I agree, Dom was great. "No, please, don't get upset. I'm fine, really." Haha, poor guy.

EDIT: Also, congrats on 30K hits, Rosa!
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
« Reply #877 on: May 25, 2013, 03:45:25 PM »
No, you wouldn't revive them. They'd just come around every night. Posses some toilet paper.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #878 on: May 25, 2013, 09:24:31 PM »

Go Talus, but poor Dom! Who can predict the reactions of sims? Both of them had such great expressions, though, with that trick. I too was taken aback by the spook as vampire thing. It makes sense, but I was thinking ghost. Well, the more you know, right?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #879 on: May 25, 2013, 09:51:38 PM »
I know, right?! When Rosa sent it to me, I just about keeled over, it was so adorable. (Although, I could just be horribly biased on account of it being my guy . . .) Forget Everette's immunity roses, Talus got a hug.

And I agree, Dom was great. "No, please, don't get upset. I'm fine, really." Haha, poor guy.

EDIT: Also, congrats on 30K hits, Rosa!

Hahaha, yes, hugs are valuable too.

Poor Dom.

Thank you! I am pretty excited about that! Thank you to all of the readers who made it happen!

No, you wouldn't revive them. They'd just come around every night. Posses some toilet paper.

Oh, I see. Possess toilet paper, hahaha they would.

Go Talus, but poor Dom! Who can predict the reactions of sims? Both of them had such great expressions, though, with that trick. I too was taken aback by the spook as vampire thing. It makes sense, but I was thinking ghost. Well, the more you know, right?

Not sure why he did that shrug thing but it worked in perfectly. The rest was selective engineering. Indeed, the more you know, something.

By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #880 on: May 25, 2013, 10:10:31 PM »
I doubt Nathaniel would haunt toilet paper. A sculpture, perhaps. Definitely a mirror.

Fantastic update! I can't wait to see how it all ends out.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #881 on: May 26, 2013, 08:43:06 AM »
I doubt Nathaniel would haunt toilet paper. A sculpture, perhaps. Definitely a mirror.

*snort*

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
« Reply #882 on: May 26, 2013, 11:34:18 AM »
Naw, he's got a sense of humor to. He'd do it once for giggles, but then he'd posses splendorous things. Like a hot-tub, or an ice sculpture of himself. Or an electric bull rider arena.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #883 on: May 26, 2013, 12:54:42 PM »

Fantastic update! I can't wait to see how it all ends out.

*snort*

Yeah, all right, I can see that happening. But don't you think he'd rather look at himself in the mirror than possess it?

Naw, he's got a sense of humor to. He'd do it once for giggles, but then he'd posses splendorous things. Like a hot-tub, or an ice sculpture of himself. Or an electric bull rider arena.

I reckon Azo knows best what Nathaniel would do. And heavens, what do you think we have in the mansion? Ice sculptures? Bulls? The hot tub is a possibility.

By samoht04

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
« Reply #884 on: May 26, 2013, 02:06:02 PM »
I reckon Azo knows best what Nathaniel would do. And heavens, what do you think we have in the mansion? Ice sculptures? Bulls? The hot tub is a possibility.
I understand. I always forget who submitted who. Just because he would like to, doesn't mean he'd have the means to. :)