Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 548549 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--The Final Show, Part I
« Reply #855 on: May 24, 2013, 03:37:47 AM »
Does anyone else notice how effeminate the magician's gestures are?

You would, Pippin. Hahaha.

*raises hand*  I do.  And I love him for it.

Agreed.  He makes some good sense to me.

Yay for androgyny!

Nice magic show. The box of mystery trick was awesome. At some point, I thought he will fail and die. But he nailed it, providing fun to those watching his show. I will like he perform the other box also and who might be assisting him in that trick. Can't wait for next magic show.
Chetan.

He did look rather panicked, didn't he? But he did survive after all. Oooh, you must be a fortune teller to be predicting the Box of Danger will appear in the next part of the show!

Oooo!  Very cool magic show!  That was great Rosa!

Thank you! I was definitely going for grand here, hence the largest theatre and the flashiest magician (president of the Magic academy, no less! Remember from the lobby?)

Not so much effeminate to me as they are grandeur-esque and all razzle-dazzle showmanship. Then again, I notice more when people don't move their hands around, so eh.

I agree with Gwendy, but I like watching people find meaning in everything as well, so whatever floats all of your respective seafaring vessels.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Louise56

« Reply #856 on: May 24, 2013, 09:45:50 AM »
The magic show was awesome! He did looked panicked in that one picture. Really very entertaining. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #857 on: May 24, 2013, 10:37:12 AM »
Yaay I got to see the classic Coin behind the ear trick! Whoohoo! Awesome. Though I think I'd be a bit uncomfortable with a coin that size stashed behind my ear.

That water escape trick was great! I was holding my breath here at work (I know I know I'm not supposed to read at work) wondering if he was going to mess up. But I should have known that Rosa wouldn't be killing anyone off on this show. It's enough to have to deal with elimination.

Great update. Time for the Rose ceremony now right?

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #858 on: May 24, 2013, 01:00:57 PM »
Humh. It is nice and all that he lived, but humh. To hunky-Dory for my taste.  I so agree, Nathaniel!

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #859 on: May 24, 2013, 02:38:40 PM »
The magic show was awesome! He did looked panicked in that one picture. Really very entertaining. ;)

Thank you, thank you *bowing* and it's not over yet!

Yaay I got to see the classic Coin behind the ear trick! Whoohoo! Awesome. Though I think I'd be a bit uncomfortable with a coin that size stashed behind my ear.

That water escape trick was great! I was holding my breath here at work (I know I know I'm not supposed to read at work) wondering if he was going to mess up. But I should have known that Rosa wouldn't be killing anyone off on this show. It's enough to have to deal with elimination.

Great update. Time for the Rose ceremony now right?

Seriously, though. Ouch.

Nope, no one is slated to die. If he had died, I'd've had to shoot the whole thing over.

That's a joke, right?

Humh. It is nice and all that he lived, but humh. To hunky-Dory for my taste.  I so agree, Nathaniel!

Good gracious, you and Nathaniel! You have no reason to be jealous of this chap, he's not interested in Marielle!

By samoht04

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
« Reply #860 on: May 24, 2013, 08:22:18 PM »
Everyone! Everyone seems to be interested! Interested in Marielle! Also, I meant the other part.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #861 on: May 25, 2013, 05:02:55 AM »
There I was waiting for an update and then several appear just when our internet connection gets so flaky that pictures take forever to download and it's just too frustrating to try to read a story >:(.  Still, at least I've had a good catch-up session now that it's working again (*touches wood, crosses all available digits*).

Nope, no one is slated to die. If he had died, I'd've had to shoot the whole thing over.

Given that the chapter's called The Final Show, Part I and the title of the book that held the date card, I was also wondering whether he was going to die in the Box of Danger in the next update.  (Although, how would Marielle have known?  And in that case, is the book just a red herring?)

The Manor and the magicians are great. (Note to self: really must play with Showtime more seriously.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #862 on: May 25, 2013, 05:10:53 AM »
Everyone! Everyone seems to be interested! Interested in Marielle! Also, I meant the other part.

Haha, that is for sure! So I get your point. Oh, I understand. Hahaha of course you do.

There I was waiting for an update and then several appear just when our internet connection gets so flaky that pictures take forever to download and it's just too frustrating to try to read a story >:(.  Still, at least I've had a good catch-up session now that it's working again (*touches wood, crosses all available digits*).

Given that the chapter's called The Final Show, Part I and the title of the book that held the date card, I was also wondering whether he was going to die in the Box of Danger in the next update.  (Although, how would Marielle have known?  And in that case, is the book just a red herring?)

The Manor and the magicians are great. (Note to self: really must play with Showtime more seriously.)

Well, I'm sorry that the Internet was against you, but glad you got to avoid the suspense and read several at once.

My readers are such mystery-solvers! But often you focus on the wrong things to solve. I feel it's now safe to let you know that The Spook Who Loved Me was not only a play on the parallel title The Spy Who Loved Me, but a reference to the term for a supernatural, specifically a vampire, as a spook. I looked up a load of alternate terms for a vampire and chose spook for its charming similarity to spy. The only ghost who will be making an appearance in this date is the one who played the piano. No one is going to die on this date, I promise. (And I can do that, because I've played the whole thing already.) And this chapter is only Final as it relates to their evening. It does have a dramatic ring to it, but it means no more than did The First Show. I don't think Magicians can put themselves in the Box of Danger, so he couldn't die in it anyway without some help.

Thank you. It's really interesting! Never did it myself before, and it's worth a look.

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--The Final Show, Part II
« Reply #863 on: May 25, 2013, 05:34:05 AM »
And now, the dramatic conclusion to the show of Douglas Lyle!

And this . . . is the Box of Danger. Beautiful hand-carved mahogany.

For my next demonstration, I need a volunteer with nerves of steel. Anyone?

Talus: I will volunteer.

Excellent! A man of courage! What is your name?
Talus: Talus of the Trolls.
Talus of the Trolls, please, step inside my box.

Talus: Very well.

And now--the swords!
Marielle: Swords?!

Insert them ever so carefully . . .

Aha!

Now, I shall remove the swords and open the door, and we shall find out whether our friend Talus has survived the adventure!
Marielle: (whimpers)

Worry not, lass, as you can see, he has emerged perfectly whole.
Talus: I am all right, Marielle. Do not fret.

Marielle: Oh, I was so worried! I would have stopped you if I'd known he was going to stick swords in you!
Talus (muffled): As I said before, I have sustained no damage.
Marielle: I'm just glad you lived. I would never have forgiven myself.

Talus Confession Cam
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have one more demonstration involving my Box of Danger to show you. Is there another volunteer?
(beat)
Dominic: Are you...going to stick swords in this volunteer too?
No.
Dominic: All right. Then--I'll do it. I volunteer.

Good man. Go on, step into the box.

Dominic: ...Oh...kay...

Sim sim salabim!

And he is vanished!

Now we close, and open it again . . .
And he is returned!
Dominic: I survived!

Dominic: Don't worry, everyone, I'm fine!

Dominic(muttering): No, please don't get upset, I'm fine, really.

That's my show, lady and gentlemen. Thank you, and good night.
(bows and disappears in a puff of smoke)

Leopold Confession Cam
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now what does Marielle have up her long red sleeve? Jump to Part VII: Mini Update to find out!

By samoht04

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #864 on: May 25, 2013, 06:24:21 AM »
My readers are such mystery-solvers! But often you focus on the wrong things to solve. I feel it's now safe to let you know that The Spook Who Loved Me was not only a play on the parallel title The Spy Who Loved Me, but a reference to the term for a supernatural, specifically a vampire, as a spook. I looked up a load of alternate terms for a vampire and chose spook for its charming similarity to spy. The only ghost who will be making an appearance in this date is the one who played the piano. No one is going to die on this date, I promise. (And I can do that, because I've played the whole thing already.) And this chapter is only Final as it relates to their evening. It does have a dramatic ring to it, but it means no more than did The First Show. I don't think Magicians can put themselves in the Box of Danger, so he couldn't die in it anyway without some help.

Thank you. It's really interesting! Never did it myself before, and it's worth a look.

Spook meaning vampire?  I'd only come across it as a synonym for ghost or spy (as in the TV series Spooks - although I think it's called MI5 across the pond).

I didn't realise that the Box of Danger needed an audience member.  (Told you I hadn't played much with Showtime).  It's nice to see Talus getting some time in the limelght - and I agree with Leo.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #865 on: May 25, 2013, 06:59:39 AM »
I'm glad to see that Talus and Dom made it out of there alive. It would've made for a much shorter show if they didn't!  :P

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
« Reply #866 on: May 25, 2013, 08:33:01 AM »
Naw, only two or so weeks knocked off the show! ;)
Don't worry, I'm glad they survived too. If they really did die I'd be a hot mess!
But, I think I know how the swords trick works. And the disappearance trick. PM me if you wish.

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
« Reply #867 on: May 25, 2013, 09:09:55 AM »
It was great that Talus and Dom could participate in an act. Especially Dom. I'm glad that they both survived!
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #868 on: May 25, 2013, 10:41:24 AM »
You captioned the pictures of Dominic leaving the box perfectly, Rosa. It made me giggle.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #869 on: May 25, 2013, 11:27:17 AM »
Again, great magic show, Rosa. I'm so happy that both of them survived the Box of Danger. Can't wait for the next update(Rose giving day).
Chetan.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)