Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 548599 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Another Show and a Museum
« Reply #840 on: May 21, 2013, 08:22:46 PM »

Huh, that's weird. I had assumed she did the pulling this coin out from under your ear thing, before turning it into butterflies. Oh well, it's still a pretty trick! The magic manor is lovely. The contrast between the red room and that bright green in the painting with the lightening is quite striking.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #841 on: May 21, 2013, 08:54:27 PM »
I think it's because it's in the realm of close up magic, they ask for a volunteer not neccessarily to get help in the trick but as validation that something is real and to prove they can fool someone up close as well as from a distance.

Hmm, makes sense to me.

I love Marielle hair and liked the butterfly trick.

Thank you :)

Huh, that's weird. I had assumed she did the pulling this coin out from under your ear thing, before turning it into butterflies. Oh well, it's still a pretty trick! The magic manor is lovely. The contrast between the red room and that bright green in the painting with the lightening is quite striking.

Oh, maybe she did. I can't remember now.
It is! It fit her, I think. I'm glad you like the manor.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #842 on: May 22, 2013, 06:29:47 PM »
Rosa, are you going to post all the dates like this, in many different updates? And is the way it works that there is a date, then the person gets eliminated? Or is there multiple/less dates?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #843 on: May 22, 2013, 07:47:31 PM »
Rosa, are you going to post all the dates like this, in many different updates? And is the way it works that there is a date, then the person gets eliminated? Or is there multiple/less dates?

Yes, that is the current plan, because I'm pretty sure that while they won't all be this long, most of them will be longer than I can fit in one update. Not totally sure, we'll see as it goes on. Some of the dates are more involved than others.

Wow, I keep thinking I explained this. Okay, here it is for once and for all. No one will ever have to ask me again.

How Do Eliminations Work?

1. Every game-week, there will be three dates. At least one will be a group date and at least one will be a one-on-one or single date. The third date may be either (Note: They will not necessarily be in that order).

2. At the end of the week, on Saturday (probably), there will be what is called a Rose Ceremony.

3. At the Rose Ceremony, Marielle will present a bouquet of roses to each of the bachelors she wishes to stay on for the next week.

4. One bachelor each week will not receive roses. He is the one who is eliminated. He will leave that night and not be in the competition anymore.

Does this make the system very clear? If anyone asks me again, I will link them to this post.

By samoht04

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #844 on: May 22, 2013, 11:37:04 PM »
Does this make the system very clear? If anyone asks me again, I will link them to this post.

Crystal.  ;)

Once again, I have decided to wait a bit before commenting in detail about the Bachelors but I have to give you major credit for your attention to detail when it comes to the Magic Castle vs. Magic Manor (Aside from the appearance of Random Cat that will be referred to as "Mascot" from this point forward.) I can't even begin to imagine the time and effort you must have put in to this recreation. As they say in the performing arts realm, BRAVO! (Or "Brava," if you're picky about details...) :D
Tenshin - A Bachelorette Bromance =)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #845 on: May 23, 2013, 01:04:17 AM »
Crystal.  ;)

Once again, I have decided to wait a bit before commenting in detail about the Bachelors but I have to give you major credit for your attention to detail when it comes to the Magic Castle vs. Magic Manor (Aside from the appearance of Random Cat that will be referred to as "Mascot" from this point forward.) I can't even begin to imagine the time and effort you must have put in to this recreation. As they say in the performing arts realm, BRAVO! (Or "Brava," if you're picky about details...) :D

I'll add my admiration to the above post.  This is an amazing recreation / adaptation.  Take a bow Rosa, you deserve it!
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #846 on: May 23, 2013, 02:13:02 AM »
Crystal.  ;)

I'll add my admiration to the above post.  This is an amazing recreation / adaptation.  Take a bow Rosa, you deserve it!

Thank you! *takes a bow* I did indeed spend a lot of time and effort, and I am not a builder, so it wasn't very fun. The acclaim makes it all worth it. :D

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
« Reply #847 on: May 23, 2013, 03:11:39 AM »
Gee, I hope Dominic gets a rose!
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--The Final Show, Part I
« Reply #848 on: May 23, 2013, 09:12:26 PM »
And now, ladies and gentlemen, last but not least . . . please enjoy the magical performance of Douglas Lyle!

Welcome . . . to the Hall of Inscrutability.

I, Douglas Lyle, will be your guide through the mysteries you will encounter herein.

Prepare to have your notions of reality challenged.

Beware--what you see may . . . discombobulate you.

Keep in mind that nothing . . .

...is as it seems.

Now, I hear this lovely young lady here has a fondness for roses. Would you like these?
Marielle: Oh, yes, please.

Oops, those were my special exploding roses. How silly of me. My apologies.

Allow me to try again.

Better?
Marielle: Mmmm, lovely.
Excellent. Would you be so kind as to join me on the stage, Marielle?
Marielle: Of course.

Nathaniel Confession Cam
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Watch as I take this Simoleon--

And make it disappear!
Marielle: Oh! Is it going to become butterflies now?
Oh no, Charm would be after my plasma if I stole her trick. I think this coin will stay a coin.

But the question is--where has it gone?

Hmmm...I think I see a glimmer of gold by your ear, Marielle. Are you wearing earrings?
Marielle: Yes, but they're rubies, not gold.

Then it must be . . .

Ah, yes! There's our runaway coin!
Marielle: Oooh!
Thank you very much, Marielle. You may return to your seat.

I'm sure you've noticed my two lovely boxes up here on the stage. If you would direct your attention to the Box of Mystery, on your right.

The Box of Mystery is composed of solid steel and glass.

Allow me to demonstrate. As you can see, this is indeed glass and not an illusion.

I am going to lock myself in. It will fill with water, and I will then attempt to escape. As you can see by my corporeal and non-blue form, I have not failed at this yet! Do let us hope my luck continues.

(muffled) Do not panic! This is all part of the plan!

Abracadabra!

Jump to Part II.

By samoht04

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #849 on: May 23, 2013, 09:17:56 PM »
Does anyone else notice how effeminate the magician's gestures are?

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #850 on: May 23, 2013, 09:37:52 PM »

*raises hand*  I do.  And I love him for it.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #851 on: May 23, 2013, 09:45:01 PM »
Agreed.  He makes some good sense to me.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #852 on: May 23, 2013, 10:35:23 PM »
Nice magic show. The box of mystery trick was awesome. At some point, I thought he will fail and die. But he nailed it, providing fun to those watching his show. I will like he perform the other box also and who might be assisting him in that trick. Can't wait for next magic show.
Chetan.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #853 on: May 23, 2013, 11:14:11 PM »
Oooo!  Very cool magic show!  That was great Rosa!

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #854 on: May 24, 2013, 03:25:57 AM »
Not so much effeminate to me as they are grandeur-esque and all razzle-dazzle showmanship. Then again, I notice more when people don't move their hands around, so eh.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------