Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 549243 times)

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Maelstrom's Show
« Reply #810 on: May 19, 2013, 03:27:23 PM »
Nice story update. The magic tricks were nice. It is my first time seeing the levitation trick. It is funny to see Nathaniel watching the magic show instead of the date, unlike others. Can't wait for the next update.
Chetan.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #811 on: May 19, 2013, 04:05:01 PM »
I can't to hide my enthusiasm to have another member!

Someone get her a welcome basket. Complete with T-shirt, plush Blue Fairy, and a Nathaniel signature tag.  ;D

Great update Rosa. Loved the show. It was my first experience with the magic show as well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #812 on: May 19, 2013, 05:02:21 PM »
As a fashion fanatic, I would feel remise if I didn't applaud you with Marielle's outfit, whatever Everette may say. The contrast between the reds and blacks of the outfit and her pale skin is very striking.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #813 on: May 19, 2013, 05:42:36 PM »
Magicians can levitate? And summon Genie lamps? I like Maelstrom, it's a cool name.
Also, not important but,
*Snort* Knickers...

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #814 on: May 19, 2013, 06:00:31 PM »
Yay lots of comments! :))

Wow Rosa, you are really popping these entries out. Did you create Maelstrom, or did one of the lovely other members of this story make him?
Another question: Am I allowed to vaguely reference what was said in the confession cam? Or is that a no-no?

That's because I had them all written already and I was holding off to finish everything so I could make a preview, but then I decided against a preview so I just started posting what I had.
I made Maelstrom and all of the other performers at Magic Manor. Another reason it took so long. You will see characters created by others turn up in this story, but each sponsor only submitted one bachelor and no one else. For them to make another Sim would mean that they knew what the date was ahead of time, and that is strictly disallowed.
It depends on how vaguely you reference it. PM me and we can discuss it.

I found it funny how all of the bachelors were watching Marielle rise except for Nathaniel who was focused on the magician. 
Mimi, don't reference confession cams!!  I made that mistake once and then felt very, very bad.  It compromises the integrity of the sponsors as they try to objectively play their bachelors' roles.

Haha I didn't even notice that! I couldn't control where they were looking and most of the time they ignored the performances entirely.
Thank you for this answer, Pippin. It is really best when in doubt to say nothing than to regret it later.

Everette's face looking at that magician was priceless, I've played magicians but I didn't know they could levitate other people or was that just for story purposes?

Hahahaha I know right? He did that all on his own and for no apparent reason, as I said they were mostly ignoring the performances, so I can only surmise that the Sims are all sentient and behave as they will.
All of my magicians in this story are level 10s. They can levitate themselves and others. How would I have made that happen if it was just for story purposes? Intriguing to think about...

Thanks for clearing that up, glad I asked first :D.

Indeed!

I have changed my mind and am joining Team Nathaniel. He's just so sweet to Marielle!  ;D

Well, I know Team Nathaniel will welcome you enthusiastically. Make sure to pick up your banner along with the welcome basket so everyone knows whose team you're on.

Nice story update. The magic tricks were nice. It is my first time seeing the levitation trick. It is funny to see Nathaniel watching the magic show instead of the date, unlike others. Can't wait for the next update.
Chetan.

Thank you! I have never played with magicians before so it was fun to see what they can do. You will see more of my experimentation as the shows go on. I had a blast with it. I tried to match the type of trick to the magician's style, so this one as a mystic did mystically type things. You'll see that the other two shows are quite different.

I can't to hide my enthusiasm to have another member!

Someone get her a welcome basket. Complete with T-shirt, plush Blue Fairy, and a Nathaniel signature tag.  ;D

Great update Rosa. Loved the show. It was my first experience with the magic show as well.

Ah yes, like I said. I thought Nathaniel signature tag meant his autograph the first time I read that. Hahaha.

I was intending to have all three magicians perform one at a time on the main stage, but I couldn't make it work how I wanted so I decided it was cooler to show off more of the rooms anyway. I forget, has anyone figured out what Magic Manor is based on? I'd love to link you to the actual website and have you see how well I matched the original ;)

As a fashion fanatic, I would feel remise if I didn't applaud you with Marielle's outfit, whatever Everette may say. The contrast between the reds and blacks of the outfit and her pale skin is very striking.

Thank you very much! I was going for 'vampiric' since this date is about exposing them to her world. I wanted to make her look as much like a vampire as possible, since she usually wears lilac.

Magicians can levitate? And summon Genie lamps? I like Maelstrom, it's a cool name.

Yes, magicians can do all manner of fantastic things I never knew about! As I said, I had the most wonderful time trying them all out and deciding who should do which trick.
Thank you! Mr Rosa actually came up with the name Maelstrom. He's a big RPG player so he's fantastic at coming up with names for things and people. I passed on your compliment and he said, 'Awesome.'

(Be careful not to over-use spoilers. They're not meant to be used at all, really. I have a special specific use for them. And it's not really helping to spoiler that with no warning because anyone could click on it, not knowing what or whom it relates to. So either decide not to say it at all or if it's something that obscure, just say it and let everyone wonder.)
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Jade

• Townie
  • be your own kind of beautiful. :)
    • Blessed Curse
« Reply #815 on: May 19, 2013, 06:41:52 PM »
Have you already revealed what Marielle's traits are? If so, could you please share with me? I thought I saw it somewhere, but I don't know where...  :-\
Blessed Curse

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." - Corrie Ten Boom

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #816 on: May 19, 2013, 07:09:30 PM »
Have you already revealed what Marielle's traits are? If so, could you please share with me? I thought I saw it somewhere, but I don't know where...  :-\

I don't think I have, actually. Anyone care to guess? ;D I've hinted at them here and there.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jade

• Townie
  • be your own kind of beautiful. :)
    • Blessed Curse
« Reply #817 on: May 19, 2013, 07:13:12 PM »
Social Butterfly and Excitable for sure, correct? Then Hopeless Romantic? Or Flirty?
On a side note, you've made me want to buy Supernatural.
Blessed Curse

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." - Corrie Ten Boom

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #818 on: May 19, 2013, 07:36:44 PM »
Oh, I'm not gonna guess on Marielle's traits, since I kind of, er, already know them.  ;)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #819 on: May 19, 2013, 11:19:22 PM »
Oooo!  Fun magic show!  I haven't messed with magicians yet, so it was neat to see ^^ 

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #820 on: May 19, 2013, 11:23:31 PM »
I don't think I have, actually. Anyone care to guess? ;D I've hinted at them here and there.
Imma guess, "Good," "Excitable," "Irresistible," "Friendly," and "Green Thumb".

EDIT: Wait, I'm changing out Irresistible for Social Butterfly.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #821 on: May 20, 2013, 01:00:31 AM »
Social Butterfly and Excitable for sure, correct? Then Hopeless Romantic? Or Flirty?
On a side note, you've made me want to buy Supernatural.

Yes, Social Butterfly and Excitable are correct. Neither Hopeless Romantic nor Flirty, though.

Oh, I'm delighted to inspire you in any way! This is good, right? Or should I be apologising to your pocketbook?

Oh, I'm not gonna guess on Marielle's traits, since I kind of, er, already know them.  ;)

Right, keep it quiet Audren! ;)

Oooo!  Fun magic show!  I haven't messed with magicians yet, so it was neat to see ^^ 

And there's more to come! Ooooohh!

Imma guess, "Good," "Excitable," "Irresistible," "Friendly," and "Green Thumb".

EDIT: Wait, I'm changing out Irresistible for Social Butterfly.

Hmmmm. Good, Excitable, Social Butterfly, yes. Friendly and Social Butterfly are what I would consider redundant, as she already has the wish to be friends with everyone she meets. She has no 'romantic' traits, and she is not s Green Thumb. Actually, she shares a trait with Talus. And there's one everyone should know, really, I think. Especially you, Gwendy, because I think I already told you.

By samoht04

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #822 on: May 20, 2013, 01:31:19 AM »
Hmmmm. Good, Excitable, Social Butterfly, yes. Friendly and Social Butterfly are what I would consider redundant, as she already has the wish to be friends with everyone she meets. She has no 'romantic' traits, and she is not s Green Thumb. Actually, she shares a trait with Talus. And there's one everyone should know, really, I think. Especially you, Gwendy, because I think I already told you.
If you told me her traits, I honestly forgot. If you want me to quit guessing, I will though. (And I'm thinking the shared trait is either Loves the Outdoors or Gatherer. Okay, I'm done guessing for good now.)
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline intl_incident

• You can call me Indy! :D
  • Occult
« Reply #823 on: May 20, 2013, 11:02:51 AM »
ombradellarosa, I am guessing that the location is based on the Hollywood Magic Castle, right?  That place is awesome. :)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #824 on: May 20, 2013, 11:07:30 AM »
If you told me her traits, I honestly forgot. If you want me to quit guessing, I will though. (And I'm thinking the shared trait is either Loves the Outdoors or Gatherer. Okay, I'm done guessing for good now.)

Not in so many words, but I did explain how her remaining two traits affect her feelings on Talus. No one else is guessing, so you can if you want. And it's not Loves the Outdoors or Gatherer.

ombradellarosa, I am guessing that the location is based on the Hollywood Magic Castle, right?  That place is awesome. :)

It is! Thank you, intl_incident! Now that someone has figured it out, I will treat you all to a link so you can see how faithfully I copied that house ;)

http://www.magiccastle.com/about/virtualtour.cfm

By samoht04