Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 548909 times)

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--First Date Card
« Reply #675 on: May 02, 2013, 10:45:52 PM »
Oh my gosh!! I have been away for far too long. So much Sim epicness has happened! I just have to say how much I love Talus' personality. Everytime I hear (read) him talk he just makes me smile. Sorry, I'll try to contain my gushing.  ;)

Offline jennovazombie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #676 on: May 03, 2013, 07:51:04 AM »
Oh my, this is really getting exciting! I never watched the show, so I have no clue what's going on. XD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

« Reply #677 on: May 03, 2013, 11:09:34 AM »
I enjoy this very much. All the bathcelors are awesome. :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #678 on: May 03, 2013, 03:07:48 PM »
Hi Rosa, love the story as always!

Don't want to bother you but could you please link all your entries to the chapter post (at least the legal interlude ones aren't linked) and since so many people comment, it's really hard to keep up and know for sure you haven't missed something when not all things are linked. I do love your story, but sometimes I just don't have time to read all the comments in between.

Thanks and keep up the great story!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #679 on: May 03, 2013, 04:11:00 PM »
Oh dear. I did not even think of that. Yes I will be sad also if he lost his wings. No Team Edward for The Blue Fairy.

And that's why you are the producer; and the writer; and everything else.  ;D

Well, thank you. I do make it my business to think of everything.

Oh my gosh!! I have been away for far too long. So much Sim epicness has happened! I just have to say how much I love Talus' personality. Everytime I hear (read) him talk he just makes me smile. Sorry, I'll try to contain my gushing.  ;)

Yes, yes it has. Don't contain your gushing, Gwendy and I like to hear how much you like Talus.

Oh my, this is really getting exciting! I never watched the show, so I have no clue what's going on. XD

Oh, yes it is! You don't even know yet! So much excitement coming, you will explode! I hope that you don't have to have watched the original show to understand my version. I try to explain all the relevant things--First Impression Roses, date cards, etc. Let me know if there's any terminology you don't understand and I'll have Devin explain it.

I enjoy this very much. All the bathcelors are awesome. :)

Glad you like it, Louise! I agree, we have a fine collection of men here.

Hi Rosa, love the story as always!

Don't want to bother you but could you please link all your entries to the chapter post (at least the legal interlude ones aren't linked) and since so many people comment, it's really hard to keep up and know for sure you haven't missed something when not all things are linked. I do love your story, but sometimes I just don't have time to read all the comments in between.

Thanks and keep up the great story!

You could not bother me. The legal interludes are linked, but they are under the 'Interludes' heading. I fully understand that some people want to skip the comments, which is why not only do I link everything in the chapter post (including the blooper reel and banner post), I also link the next chapter to the last chapter after it's been posted. I don't want to leave out any of my readers. Would it be easier if I put the chapters in order of posting? I organised them by type.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Surprise!
« Reply #680 on: May 03, 2013, 04:24:49 PM »
Yep. Simple. People want to read into everything. If you want something to read into, I have some actual mystery coming up in the next post.

Flirty, yes. The others, no. Sorry. Feel free to keep guessing. I think he probably is a Great Kisser but I had to limit his traits, so he didn't get that one. He has the silver tongue to convince you he is a great kisser, in any case.

Ooh, so intriguing! Plus all of the bachelors have different ideas, and it really shows their personalities~
I'm thinking Ryan is Charismatic!

~Anna

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #681 on: May 03, 2013, 04:54:36 PM »

You could not bother me. The legal interludes are linked, but they are under the 'Interludes' heading. I fully understand that some people want to skip the comments, which is why not only do I link everything in the chapter post (including the blooper reel and banner post), I also link the next chapter to the last chapter after it's been posted. I don't want to leave out any of my readers. Would it be easier if I put the chapters in order of posting? I organised them by type.

I completely missed that they were there  ??? I confess I have a lot on my plate right now and can't follow everything as closely as I usually do.

For me it would be best to have them in chronological order - so I know what happens when.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #682 on: May 03, 2013, 05:25:02 PM »

Ooh, so intriguing! Plus all of the bachelors have different ideas, and it really shows their personalities~

~Anna

I agree that was my next guess. So, two more.... How about Evil and Loner (just for kicks)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #683 on: May 03, 2013, 05:55:15 PM »

~Anna

Hmmm, no. That's another auxiliary trait he might have (not assigned, but it fits). He was hard to trait, so I'll give you some credit for this.

I completely missed that they were there  ??? I confess I have a lot on my plate right now and can't follow everything as closely as I usually do.

For me it would be best to have them in chronological order - so I know what happens when.

Okay, I'll see what I can do. I'll have to get to it later though since I'm about to go to work.

I agree that was my next guess. So, two more.... How about Evil and Loner (just for kicks)

Two more auxiliary traits. No, not exactly those, but close.

This chapter coming up was an interesting project. I sent the screenshots to the sponsors and asked them to go wild captioning them. Then I did my best to cobble everything together and added in my own bits. I hope it comes across as seamless, but I must admit I am fairly nervous about how it came out. I hope you like it and I hope the sponsors think I wrote their bachelors well.

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Before the First Date
« Reply #684 on: May 03, 2013, 05:58:59 PM »
What do the bachelorette and bachelors do while they wait for the first date to start?

Dimitri: Hey, Talus! Any chance you could sing us a song of your people?
Talus: Of course. (starts singing something in Norwegian)
Dimitri: Um, that's nice, but I was actually thinking of a different song.
Talus: Which one?
Dimitri: Oh, you know. The one about the guy who is so happy to finally be back home.
Talus: There are plenty of songs about returning to one's home. Could you perhaps be a little more specific?
Dimitri: You know. It starts off, 'Ahhh, ya ya yaaaaa. Ya ya yaaaaaa, yaaaaa, ya ya'.
Talus: I am not that kind of troll! 
Everette: But will you sing it?
Talus: No!
Dimitri: Fine. In that case, watch and learn! These are the one-of-a-kind Ivanov moves!

Everette: Good evening, Marielle. Might I say you're looking--

*WHOMP!*
Everette: Oh! Um, spirited, yes!

Dimitri (singing): Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.

Marielle: Hah! I've got you now! Surrender!
Nathaniel: Never!

Marielle: Ow! Not cool, fairy boy!
Nathaniel: All's fair in love and pillow fighting, right? Aaah! Please don't hurt me!

Talus: So then Rosen started bringing home these things called, 'comic books.' They have unfortunately been declining in quality lately, but I have always liked the X-Men. Leopold reminds me of Wolverine in a way.
Kenshin (thinking):  Superheroes? Sounds like something of a far-fetched concept . . .

Maid: Is it hot in here, or is it just you?
Dominic: Are you hitting on me?
Maid: What do you think, big boy?
Dominc: Well, that's boosted my self-esteem sky high!

Dimitri: Agh! Nathaniel! Control your wings!
Nathaniel (singing): Oh I'm leaving, on a jet plane! Don't know when I'll be back again . . .
Dominic (thinking): Hmmm . . . should I tell her? Yes, I've got to.
Marielle (thinking): Mmmm, I love Italian food . . . No, Marielle, stop it!
Talus (thinking): Why must she always be surrounded by people? How can I ever speak to her alone?

Dominic: Umm...Princess?
Marielle: Yes, Dom?
Dominic: Your, your armpits, there is some blue gas...
Marielle: It's Nathaniel's Soothing Aura. We all have it. You included. What are you implying, anyway?
Dominic: Umm . . . yeah, never mind.

Dominic (thinking): Gosh, she's even cute when she's looking disdainful.
Marielle (thinking): Is that how he hits on women? Geez, rude!
Talus (thinking): Come, Talus, you are here now, you must try. I wish I could have a drink first. Just open your mouth! Say something!

Nathaniel: Someday, I'm gonna be super famous. And rich! And then you'll follow me around with that camera and be my paparazzi!
Everette: I'm an artist, not a paparazzo!
Nathaniel: Uh-huh. Whatever!

Kenshin (thinking): Father always said that your greatest enemy in life is yourself . . . Hmmm. This virtual gaming is more difficult than it appears at first glance.

Jump to First Date Part I.

By samoht04

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #685 on: May 03, 2013, 06:53:28 PM »
Hilariously glorious character insights!!  Talus reminds me of Raj from the Big Bang Theory.  Everette reminds me of the winner of season one of The Bachelorette:  An Interactive Story  :=)

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #686 on: May 03, 2013, 07:04:10 PM »
Hilariously glorious character insights!!  Talus reminds me of Raj from the Big Bang Theory.  Everette reminds me of the winner of season one of The Bachelorette:  An Interactive Story  :=)

Haha, yeah Pippin. But, Talus is much better really. Raj himself can't talk to a woman until he drunk isn't he? But, Talus not entirely.
This was an interesting update, Rosa. I am enjoying this a lot :)

Oh, and thank you for remind me!
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #687 on: May 03, 2013, 07:10:31 PM »
Wonderful job including segments of a lot of different songs! (Although my brother wasn't happy cause I started singing them all REALLY loud. (:)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #688 on: May 03, 2013, 07:18:44 PM »
lol, great update Rosa.  I do love the insights into the Bachelors as well as the Bacherelorette.  Hehehe, Dominic... always gettin' himself into trouble XD

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #689 on: May 03, 2013, 09:29:53 PM »
Haahaa I was cracking up. And singing also. I am trying really hard to forgive Dominic but they he goes and puts his foot in his mouth. If he wasn't so cute...

I am happy to see that Talus is getting a bit more comfortable. At least it seemed to me. Truth is truth. He's got to get out there. I mean really, he can't do any worse than Dominc in my opinion.   ;D

anything