Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 544714 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Bachelor Update: Everette
« Reply #255 on: March 23, 2013, 05:18:39 AM »
They do seem appropriate in the end, don't they? ^^
I was thinking Eld-kun, but it doesn't fit like Eld-san.
I think one of my favourite bachelors is Kenshin. I mean, he's not confident in himself, but neither is Marielle. She seems like the type that is rather innocent overall, and hasn't really had much of a romance ever. When you compare that to Everette and Nathaniel - one's a rather boisterous fairy that loves attention and people and the other's an experienced technical widow that's had a lot of experience at wooing people - it seems more like they'll sweep Marielle off her feet, but it wouldn't last.

~Anna

We shall see! It will certainly be interesting, whatever happens. I am as in anticipation as you are, I don't know how it will go either!

Everette may be "my" bachelor, but I have to admit: I love Kenshin, too! What a great update about him. I like the bit about not throwing up on her cat. That's some good advice, right there.  :P Getting in good with a girl's beloved pet will definitely give you some brownie points. 

That was a pretty funny bit, I have to admit. As I told Audren, you guys are making me look bad in comparison to your brilliant writing! Maybe it was not good strategy to have good writers as sponsors ;) I am teasing, in reality I am so grateful to have such wonderful participants. And here comes another now! (I hope I'm not crowding all these in too fast. I'm basically just posting them as they're sent to me. Not very strategic, I know.)
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Bachelor Update: Leopold
« Reply #256 on: March 23, 2013, 05:22:26 AM »
Leopold is a rather anachronistic fellow. How is he fitting in in the current century? What does he do to fill his time? Let's find out.

Waiting is the perfect time to reflect.  Waiting allows you the time and distance to review your actions, assess their effectiveness and revise your plan.  This works the same for inventing, business and life.  It’s lunacy to expect a different outcome if you continue to do the same things the same way. 

My thirtieth birthday was a wakeup call, my materialisation in Sunset Valley even more so.  How I ended up here remains a mystery, but here I choose to stay.  In this wonderful new country where the only recognised “Duke” is a famous movie star not the dandified scion of an outdated title.  Here there is no royal family.  The barons of industry hold more power than the landed gentry, although some would say they are merely economical giants without principles or compassion. 

I take advantage of the egalitarian ethos where all men are created equal and join the throng of hopefuls at University.  There are many here who just want to have their fun but I intend to study.  I vacillate between studying Science and Fine Arts and choose Fine Arts. 

The study of the romantic arts of painting, poetry and music has always been close to my heart.  The monochromatic compositions favoured in these sketching classes release my creative expression and I am delighted to see I’m quite good at it.  All those years of perspective drawings for my inventions have borne fruit.

I also engage in mental activities and have found many worthy chess partners among the Nerd Social Group.  It seems I am very quickly ‘Cool with the Uncool’ among them.  I also spend some free time roving the countryside and I have found a constant source of insects and seeds for my clandestine science experiments at the Student Union building. 

I also found a lone chinchilla that stayed with me only a short while.  It was cruel to keep him on campus.  He made me miss my dear Gracie who is being minded in Sunset Valley and eagerly awaits my return.  With this in mind I study hard and on the big day, envelope please... Yes I pass – straight A’s.

Back home, and still no news from the Bachelorette so I consult my best friend, the unequalled Mr Desirable of Sunset Valley for style tips.  His suggestions were quite frankly not ‘me’. 

So I wait, I feed my fish, I play the piano and stargaze hoping to meet the one who will make my life complete.  The competition for Miss Neige’s hand is exemplary and while I shall endeavour to present myself with confidence, I feel discouraged that a solitary chef with a solitary cat somehow lacks spice for the effervescent young lady.

What do you think, viewers? Is Leopold lacking spice?

Jump to Interlude: The Seventh Bachelor.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #257 on: March 23, 2013, 07:19:52 AM »
No, just pants.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #258 on: March 23, 2013, 10:09:04 AM »
No, just pants.
And a shirt. I still see him as kinda boring though. :-[ He just needs to have more fun. And maybe he do somthing to do that.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #259 on: March 23, 2013, 11:06:59 AM »
I think that maybe Marielle will encourage him to embrace life to the fullest!

Or, y'know, they'll sit in awkward silence. Good times  8)
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #260 on: March 23, 2013, 05:07:31 PM »
Not when he's cook'n like that! ;)
My loyalties haven't changed, but I think I feel a little more favorable to Leopold.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #261 on: March 23, 2013, 05:22:19 PM »
No, just pants.

HAHAHA Gwendy, thank you for being yourself.

And a shirt. I still see him as kinda boring though. :-[ He just needs to have more fun. And maybe he do somthing to do that.

Hmmm, boring, eh? What kind of things should he do to have more fun?

I think that maybe Marielle will encourage him to embrace life to the fullest!

Or, y'know, they'll sit in awkward silence. Good times  8)

I don't think they'll sit in silence, they have a lot of common interests. I think Marielle probably will shake him up though.

Not when he's cook'n like that! ;)
My loyalties haven't changed, but I think I feel a little more favorable to Leopold.

That's more the response I was expecting! I think Leopold is misunderstood. He is a kind, deep, gentlemanly man and he's very talented. If anyone's wondering why I'm suddenly endorsing Leo when I haven't any of the other competitors, it's because everyone else seems to be getting some love already! I want you to know that Leo deserves love, too.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #262 on: March 23, 2013, 05:43:50 PM »
They are so different yet after the same goal. Hmm... Who will be that lucky guy?
It's hard for me to choose who I root for.

If Marielle couldn't choose one of them, she can have them all :P
Or she can have Devin Ashton

Is Leopold lacking spice?

It's still better with pants instead nothing lol.

Uhh... is that Christopher Steel in Leopold's story? I just wonder why it is related somehow to my story *laugh*
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Crystal

« Reply #263 on: March 23, 2013, 11:04:42 PM »
No, just pants.

Oh puleeeeeeease.  ::)  Leave him be!  Although Tighty Whities wouldn't be my first preference for PJ's.

Uhh... is that Christopher Steel in Leopold's story? I just wonder why it is related somehow to my story *laugh*

It sure looks like it and who else would be Sunset Valley's Mr Desirable?

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #264 on: March 24, 2013, 01:43:23 AM »
As with another of my favorite stories, I forget to check the forum for a few days and come back to MULTIPLE updates! YAY!

There's so much to cover so I'll try to keep it short & sweet.

1. I absolutely love how you're handling "production delays" - Very creative and entertaining

2. I'm also very happy to see that I am not the only one with multiple personalities - I hate feeling lonely

3. The mansion is Ah-Mazing! I am in awe of intl's talent and attention to detail - Kudos!

4. Nathaniel - How can you NOT be entertained by someone who is so self-absorbed? However, I think we may find that there is more to him than meets the eye. Perhaps a lingering sense of not being good enough that causes him to over-compensate?

5. Everette - I was openly critical of him in the beginning but I think I may have been judging him too quickly. It's obvious that he feels quite strongly about the end of his Dynasty and his sudden descent into loneliness...Maybe he can fully appreciate what Marielle could be for him. A new beginning.

6. Kenshin - What can I say? So adorable and innocent. It does concern me that the only person he could turn to for advice threw up on his cat but perhaps that's for best. Kenshin has definitely learned what NOT to do!

7. Leopold - A man out of the past trying to find his future in the present? So romantic. I think he may need to loosen up a bit but I think Marielle is the perfect person to help him do just that!

8. Just like everyone else, I also have a favorite bachelor but the real star here is the writing! All of the sponsors are doing an awesome job providing insight into their bachelors!

9. Rosa, you continue to amaze with your ability to pull it all together - Looking forward to the next update!
Tenshin - A Bachelorette Bromance =)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #265 on: March 24, 2013, 04:22:08 AM »
They are so different yet after the same goal. Hmm... Who will be that lucky guy?
It's hard for me to choose who I root for.

If Marielle couldn't choose one of them, she can have them all :P
Or she can have Devin Ashton

It's still better with pants instead nothing lol.

You and I are in the same boat. I don't know what is going to happen either, but I am now fairly confident that my algorithm will work! So yay for that. It's going to be a lot of work though, whew I am nervous about it starting. But very very excited. And I certainly couldn't choose one either.

I think some of them would take offence to her having all of them. I think the idea would surprise her but make her think. She's quite romantic but she also wants a lot of friends and playmates. Why not a lot of boyfriends as well? I think that's why she is on the show, she doesn't much mind.

That is indeed Christopher Steel. Leopold lives in Sunset Valley. You will find that Christopher Steel pops up in many, or dare I say, most stories set in Sunset Valley, even if only to complain that he's not a prominent character.

Oh puleeeeeeease.  ::)  Leave him be!  Although Tighty Whities wouldn't be my first preference for PJ's.

It sure looks like it and who else would be Sunset Valley's Mr Desirable?

Mine either. Yep yep! As I said--Chris = Sunset Valley star.

As with another of my favorite stories, I forget to check the forum for a few days and come back to MULTIPLE updates! YAY!

There's so much to cover so I'll try to keep it short & sweet.

1. I absolutely love how you're handling "production delays" - Very creative and entertaining

2. I'm also very happy to see that I am not the only one with multiple personalities - I hate feeling lonely

3. The mansion is Ah-Mazing! I am in awe of intl's talent and attention to detail - Kudos!

4. Nathaniel - How can you NOT be entertained by someone who is so self-absorbed? However, I think we may find that there is more to him than meets the eye. Perhaps a lingering sense of not being good enough that causes him to over-compensate?

5. Everette - I was openly critical of him in the beginning but I think I may have been judging him too quickly. It's obvious that he feels quite strongly about the end of his Dynasty and his sudden descent into loneliness...Maybe he can fully appreciate what Marielle could be for him. A new beginning.

6. Kenshin - What can I say? So adorable and innocent. It does concern me that the only person he could turn to for advice threw up on his cat but perhaps that's for best. Kenshin has definitely learned what NOT to do!

7. Leopold - A man out of the past trying to find his future in the present? So romantic. I think he may need to loosen up a bit but I think Marielle is the perfect person to help him do just that!

8. Just like everyone else, I also have a favorite bachelor but the real star here is the writing! All of the sponsors are doing an awesome job providing insight into their bachelors!

9. Rosa, you continue to amaze with your ability to pull it all together - Looking forward to the next update!

You are so much a better reader and commenter than I! When I miss a lot of updates I tend to mumble out some mush that isn't nearly a comprehensive yet concise as this. And it honours me that this is one of your favourite stories :)

1. Thank you. Those are two things I pride myself on being. Glad to know I'm succeeding.
2. With multiple personalities you'll never be lonely! ;D
3. Indeed! I am constantly astounded. Every time I look at it.
4. Hmmm, I appreciate that analysis. I wonder what Azokka thinks of this?
5. Aha! Never judge too quickly. Or do, as I do, and be ready to admit freely when you're wrong. That's kind of my life strategy.
6. Haha, yes, that is a sad state of affairs. You would think that he could have found someone else. He must not know that many people.
7. Hmmm! We shall see, yes! I agree it is a romantic concept.
8. I could not agree more. The sponsors have been so amazing, I have hardly even written anything yet. I did get some great writers in here though, I definitely suggest you go find and read their stories because they are all worth your time.
9. Wow, thanks, Blayzen. Appreciation tastes sweet. Thank you for that, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

By samoht04

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #266 on: March 24, 2013, 07:32:52 AM »
The thing that make me even surprise is that Chris appearance in Leopold's story especially when he is appear in that Salon. So, I just wonder it's a coincidence or it's a fate that I am stumbled in Leopold's story ::). I hope that Chris fans won't be mad, because I already have a plan for him in the story *laugh* He has important role after all 8)

Good luck with your project, Rosa. The story is interesting as always. Let's hope that Marielle will get the best man in this shows. Whoever the winner, no hard feeling! I hope that I can read your other story too. But there are too many story that I want to read, this forum has it all ^^. And yeah, if you could. You can add some of Marielle story too.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Dextra2

• Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #267 on: March 24, 2013, 09:49:19 AM »
Hmmm, boring, eh? What kind of things should he do to have more fun?
*cough* GO STREAKING! ;D *cough*
What? I didn't say anything.....
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Crystal

« Reply #268 on: March 24, 2013, 05:36:27 PM »
*cough* GO STREAKING! ;D *cough*
What? I didn't say anything.....

I'm not sure that fits Leopold's profile but tell me when and where and I (for one) will be there. ;D

I like this character more and more lately.  I think he does need to find someone who'll help him lighten up.  His hobbies are so boring and solitary.  That's his problem, too much solitude.  I think he really NEEDS someone to love.  Marielle can help a lot.   ;)

Offline Dextra2

• Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #269 on: March 24, 2013, 06:05:45 PM »
I'm not sure that fits Leopold's profile but tell me when and where and I (for one) will be there. ;D
Nectar and juice my friend, nectar and juice...
~~~
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

anything