Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 535852 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Meet the Bachelorette!
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2013, 07:39:31 PM »
So, Marielle, You want to know more about us?
I prefer a darker shade of purple, but purple nonetheless!
I like bacon and sashimi, and yes, I do not like the dark!
I describe myself as eccentric, but not mechanically inclined as the trait would suggest. I suppose I am rather creative but am terrible at drawing. (Suppose sims isn't That accurate after all!) My favorite books are the Harry Potter Series by JKRowling. I am also found of Doctor Who. I enjoy paradoxes and philosophy. I am rather Sesquipedalian in comparison to others in my age-group, but am still willing to have fun. I like Witches and Fairies, but Ghosts are cool as well. I am having fun with Werewolves, have you met any? Also, I like to craft and use the computer, so that is me.

How adorable to respond. I'm sure Marielle appreciates it. I was not expecting anyone to do that!

To Bachelorette Contributors

There are now too many of you to address at once in a single private message, so I will instead post here, if that's okay. There have been an overwhelming amount of volunteers, which is wonderful. What I would like is to get everything very clear as to who is doing what. If you are contributing or intend to contribute, please send me a PM detailing exactly whom or what you are working on. If you have already sent pictures of your work, consider yourself exempt from this request.

Very important: Remember that you are bound to secrecy until the chapter with your work comes out! No one must know what work you are doing! Not even other people working on the story. Especially not the bachelor sponsors.

Now, everyone is going to be so intrigued that I will have more volunteers. Aaaahh! Hahaha what a wonderful problem to have, too much help  ;D
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--The Bachelorette Writes Back
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2013, 04:17:17 AM »
First of all, sorry for the double post. Normally I wait for some comments before posting again but I felt the need to address the readers again.

You may have noticed that things are kind of at a standstill right now. I am waiting for the deadline to come up so I can start receiving bachelors and posting their intros. You all probably figured that out but I just want to be clear. Also, I am still in the process of trying to figure out how to fix my game so I can actually play. I hope it doesn't take too much longer but you never know, and I have no idea what's causing the problem.

In the meantime...

So, Marielle, You want to know more about us?
I prefer a darker shade of purple, but purple nonetheless!
I like bacon and sashimi, and yes, I do not like the dark!
I describe myself as eccentric, but not mechanically inclined as the trait would suggest. I suppose I am rather creative but am terrible at drawing. (Suppose sims isn't That accurate after all!) My favorite books are the Harry Potter Series by JKRowling. I am also found of Doctor Who. I enjoy paradoxes and philosophy. I am rather Sesquipedalian in comparison to others in my age-group, but am still willing to have fun. I like Witches and Fairies, but Ghosts are cool as well. I am having fun with Werewolves, have you met any? Also, I like to craft and use the computer, so that is me.

SnowMaid writes:

Swirl-Girl! So delightful of you to write in! I'd love to make friends with my fans, so thank you for writing in! You have such good taste in colours. ;D It's too bad you don't like the dark, I love it! So many things you can't see in the "garish light of day" reveal themselves in the velvety blackness of night. Like fireflies, for example. And my lovely glowy fruits. I understand what you mean about not being defined by your traits. I don't feel my traits fully define me either. I don't think anyone's do. We are truly who we are between our traits, don't you think? You already know how I feel about books. I enjoyed the Harry Potter series, although I felt it was kind of shallow in its treatment of some of the magical creatures. Like you, I enjoy all types of supernatural beings. I do know several werewolves, having grown up in Moonlight Falls! One of my best friends Wilhemina is a werewolf. I did like the way werewolves were written in the Harry Potter stories. Lupin was one of my favourite characters. Swirl-Girl--never be afraid to be you, even if it doesn't always fit in with others of your age group. You will outgrow that age-group--never outgrow yourself. <3 Marielle

Jump to Episode 1, Part I: Marielle

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2013, 05:22:39 AM »
Love it! Ooh and congrats on 2K views!  :D

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2013, 03:03:07 AM »
Love it! Ooh and congrats on 2K views!  :D

Thank you! And thank you to all my readers too, I think you are a wonderfully patient group of people :D

By samoht04

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2013, 01:36:59 PM »
Just caught up with this, Rosa. Your interview is really well done; you've captured the tone perfectly. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the house, and of course, meeting your contestants!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2013, 02:26:44 PM »
I, too, am waiting patiently for The Bachelorette to debut! I am thoroughly enjoying all of the "sneak peeks" that we have been treated to lately...very creative way to deal with technical difficulties! ;)
Tenshin - A Bachelorette Bromance =)

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2013, 07:03:07 PM »
Squeal! She replied to me! Yay! Yeah, I'm a little afraid of the dark, you know, outside, at night. But I am also very outgoing, and when my friends have dares, they dare me. ;D I think we can be great friends, when you meet your soul mate, I'll download you and your beau! You'll love my simself, glad that I inspired an update!

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2013, 11:57:24 PM »
This is so fun. I am on the edge of my seat. Great reply Bachelor number...? I guess Bachelor number one? Oh I don't know but I'm loving the updates!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2013, 01:11:57 AM »
Just caught up with this, Rosa. Your interview is really well done; you've captured the tone perfectly. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the house, and of course, meeting your contestants!

Thank you so much! I appreciate your professional opinion :) I look forward to it too, I've received a couple of the bachelors and I'm working on the intro "videos".

I, too, am waiting patiently for The Bachelorette to debut! I am thoroughly enjoying all of the "sneak peeks" that we have been treated to lately...very creative way to deal with technical difficulties! ;)

Thank you, I try. It's really frustrating to have these problems happen at this time but I'm glad you like my way of dealing with it.

Squeal! She replied to me! Yay! Yeah, I'm a little afraid of the dark, you know, outside, at night. But I am also very outgoing, and when my friends have dares, they dare me. ;D I think we can be great friends, when you meet your soul mate, I'll download you and your beau! You'll love my simself, glad that I inspired an update!

:D I was looking forward to your response to that. As soon as you wrote in I thought, "How sweet! I think I'll surprise her."

This is so fun. I am on the edge of my seat. Great reply Bachelor number...? I guess Bachelor number one? Oh I don't know but I'm loving the updates!

Platnum, Swirl-Girl is not a bachelor. That was her responding as herself and Marielle wrote back to her. Just wanted to clear that up for anyone else who is confused. I am going to write the bachelor introductions and there will be many screenshots. They will be very distinctive.

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2013, 10:00:02 AM »
Hello beautiful/wonderful/patient readers! I have some very exciting news! I have finally figured out and successfully completed installing Sims without the Launcher. Do you know what that means? I can now work on bachelor introductions! I know, you're all very excited. Look for bachelor introductions here later ;D

By samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2013, 10:58:27 AM »
Hello beautiful/wonderful/patient readers! I have some very exciting news! I have finally figured out and successfully completed installing Sims without the Launcher. Do you know what that means? I can now work on bachelor introductions! I know, you're all very excited. Look for bachelor introductions here later ;D

Great news!!!

Looking forward to seeing the bachelors!    :D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2013, 09:18:30 PM »
Yay! I can't wait to meet her prospective soulmates! And no, I am not, nor am I providing, a Bachelor.
I suppose, I'll wait for tommorrow, it's a little late.
Good news for you Rosa!

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2013, 06:59:56 PM »
Great news!!!

Looking forward to seeing the bachelors!    :D

Yay! I assure you, they are worth the wait! I have truly been fortunate to get such good participants, the candidates are amazing!

Yay! I can't wait to meet her prospective soulmates! And no, I am not, nor am I providing, a Bachelor.
I suppose, I'll wait for tommorrow, it's a little late.
Good news for you Rosa!

Sorry this is much later than I was planning, but dodgy RL stuff like papers and work got in the way :P

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Episode 1 Part I: Marielle
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2013, 07:55:58 PM »
My name is Marielle Neige, and I'm The Bachelorette.

I'm from Moonlight Falls, where I live with my family. There are five of us: my father Reynard, my mother Aurore, my sister Nicolette and my little brother Julien.
(Nicolette is being uncharacteristically outgoing in this picture! She is usually the shy one.)

Some of my hobbies are working in my garden--

I love glow-in-the-dark plants--

Collecting fireflies,

(I have almost a complete collection now!)

And alchemy.

I also love music, especially playing the piano.

I strongly believe in giving back to the community.

My parents are almost embarrassingly in love, and I think it's really sweet.

I really want what they have. They've been together a long time and they are as in love as ever!

My little brother Julien is the joy of my existence. He and I have a lot in common, and he is the sweetest kid ever.

Marielle, tell me again about the genie you met on The Mole!

Well, she was kind of mean to everyone, and a lot of people didn't like her, but I tried to be her friend.

But Dennis was definitely the coolest! He was both a witch and a ghost!

My father gave me some advice before I left.

Remember when you're out there in Starlight Shores to behave like the young lady we raised you to be.

I know you'll be going all kinds of places, so be careful.

Don't worry, Papa. I have my sunscreen!

Take care of yourself, cherie.
I will, Papa.

I love my little sister, she's so smart and talented. She's already achieved her Lifetime Wish to be a Professional Author! She has written several very popular books.

You would love the mansion, the pictures are gorgeous!
I'll come visit you if there's an easel!

The last conversation I had before leaving was with my mother.

I'm so excited, Maman.

I worry about you, Marielle. I hope all of this attention and the bright lights of Starlight Shores do not turn your head.

Don't forget, Maman, I am a Young Adult now. I can take care of myself.

Well, I hope you won't dance all night in one of those "clubs." You know I do not approve of young ladies behaving with impropriety.
I won't, Maman.

Please do dress well, darling. Don't let those nice boys see you in trousers.
Oh, Maman!

You know I love you, ma fifille.
I love you too, Maman.

And now I'm here, and I'm so excited to meet the bachelors, and hopefully meet my soulmate! I can't wait!

Jump to Episode 1 Part II: Everette

By samoht04

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Episode 1 Part I: Marielle
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2013, 03:20:38 AM »
yey, happy to see you finally got Sims to work again :)