Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 544759 times)

Offline folcon

• Immortal
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Interlude: Legal Issue, Part II
« Reply #615 on: April 28, 2013, 06:39:59 PM »

Hmmmm. Reference? I like it. No, no mirrors either. This is what the room contains: 1 desk. 1 intimidating chair. 1 less-comfortable, shorter chair. 1 file. 1 briefcase (I wanted to have Ryan put it down on the table but the game wouldn't let me, so it's on the side instead). That's all.

The reference is from a play on words.  A man is locked in a room with no doors or windows.  It only contains a mirror and a table.  So how does he escape? 
He looked in the mirror to see what he saw.  He used the saw to cut the table in half.  Two halfs make a whole, and he crawled out the hole.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #616 on: April 28, 2013, 09:42:21 PM »

Hm, I am curious to know how Ryan fits into the story. At first I would have thought he was based on Rosa's hubby, but she said no to that one. Hm. Rosa? Do you have a lawyer side to yourself? It's okay, now, don't be afraid to admit it. Of course, he is a bit scary, so maybe it's Rosa's darker side? Anyway, lots of fun! You paired the dialog with the expressions particularly well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #617 on: April 28, 2013, 09:58:28 PM »
Interestingly, you did a great job in adding detail through having less detail.  Interrogation room.  Nice.  The file was a nice touch as was the pin-striped suit.  It gave Ryan the old school attorney or plain clothes homicide detective vibe.

Thank you. I try. Yes, good, that is exactly the vibe I was going for :D

The reference is from a play on words.  A man is locked in a room with no doors or windows.  It only contains a mirror and a table.  So how does he escape? 
He looked in the mirror to see what he saw.  He used the saw to cut the table in half.  Two halfs make a whole, and he crawled out the hole.

I love it! Never heard of that before, but it's so applicable! Thank you, folcon!

Hm, I am curious to know how Ryan fits into the story. At first I would have thought he was based on Rosa's hubby, but she said no to that one. Hm. Rosa? Do you have a lawyer side to yourself? It's okay, now, don't be afraid to admit it. Of course, he is a bit scary, so maybe it's Rosa's darker side? Anyway, lots of fun! You paired the dialog with the expressions particularly well.

Thank you. That is the result of taking many, many screenshots and then obsessing. I'm glad you noticed. As to Ryan, I will repeat that he represents two Jungian archetypes. And that is all the clue you get :)
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #618 on: April 29, 2013, 12:33:14 AM »
I haven't caught up fully yet with any threads after exams yet, but Rosa, you have one intimidating animus! ;)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #619 on: April 29, 2013, 03:38:59 AM »
I haven't caught up fully yet with any threads after exams yet, but Rosa, you have one intimidating animus! ;)

Good, you got half of it. :) And yes, I do.

By samoht04

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Episode 1 Part VI: Kenshin
« Reply #620 on: April 30, 2013, 02:00:29 AM »
Man writing this post was almost as hard as a storey. Hmm. I am apologizing in advance. This will be a long post because I am commenting as I am going through the pages. I skimmed from page one and then started from page 7. So I will also apolgize in advance for speaking on 'old news.' 

Let me start by saying oh wow. George Michael?!Somebody give that Dominic some shades.

I loved the segments on the crew and producers. I immediately picked up my favorite movie Grease in that second one. Everyone already said my compliments so I agree. Great hair, great outfits, great scenes and dialogue. Great to meet your different personalities. I am so amazed that you are organized enough to separate five to focus on this project. My sim personalities are not organized enough to pull apart. Everyone has something to say and at times they talk over each other. Prob a small explanation as to why my stories never end. Yet they are all some version of one of my simselves  ::) Anyway, that was really cool. A very nice touch.

My jaw was dropped the entire tour of the mansion! Absolutely amazing. SO beautiful.  :o  I bet the bachelors will be (or are since I'm so behind) very comfortable. Lots to do when they are not mingling with the lovely bachelorette. The landscape is so wonderful. Love the pool. Love everything! Even the colors and decor are great. Splended work intl_incident! Can you be my builder? I am so not a builder. I don't have the patience or creativity - nor the savvy to know how to do that.

@Eldridge - I know this is very late and redundant encouragement, but if I can write a story you can write a story. Even the best writers had a first story somewhere. And I was very nervous when I did my first one. Even after a second one I am still nervous about my writing. But this forum is very supportive. If there is anyone I would try a story with it would be these guys.  ;D

What are the Bachelors up to?

That Nathaniel Elysi. See I knew he'd be the one to give the paparazzi a rund for their money. Even if they are running away from him. He didn't dissapoint. Again so like NOT arrogant at all. And so very delicious.

AAww Everette darling. So sad that you such a sad heart. I just want to give you a big hug. Hopefully you don't let that get in the way of finding new love. Maybe Marielle will give you a happy song to play at the piano. Or you can just sit there looking dapper and play the scales.  :-*

Kenshin Kenshin. Don't overthink it grasshopper, let your heart decide. Wax ON, wax OFF. Heart ON, brain OFF. And please don't barf on the feline. That would definately ruin the mood.

The Duke
That's more the response I was expecting! I think Leopold is misunderstood. He is a kind, deep, gentlemanly man and he's very talented. If anyone's wondering why I'm suddenly endorsing Leo when I haven't any of the other competitors, it's because everyone else seems to be getting some love already! I want you to know that Leo deserves love, too.

Leo will get lots of love from me as long as he continues to uh...cook. Yea cooking is what I like to see. Kinda forgot everything else he was doing before the cooking. hehe

*cough* GO STREAKING! ;D *cough*
What? I didn't say anything.....

I had a comment in response but then I saw Rosa wiggling fingers so I thought I'd delete it.

Oh and P.S.
Edit: Oh, and one more thing, Platnum--did you ask if Leopold is "Knight in Shining Armour" enough? How's this for a knight in shining armour?

Well actually, the Heroic Pose looks a lot more cowboy than knight. But you get the idea.

I didn't include the pictures because this post is long enough, but yes ma'am. He has prooved his knightlyhood as well as his cooking skills. But let's see how he does with the streaking. (Sorry couldn't hold it in) :P

Ok I don't konw about anyone else but does Talus seem a little uptight? I am thinking he's just nervous about this whole thing. I mean it was sprung on him. His sister is a sweetie but perhaps for a guys living as long as he has surprise attacks may not be his thing. Yet I still feel he's wound up a bit. I hope that Nate can loosen him up a bit when they get to the mansion. Or perhaps Leo can give him some uh... cooking techniques. Or perhaps some streak- oops! Finger wiggling...

Though Dom was after the seventh bachelor update I decided to put it here anyway. Dom is such a hunk. *Swoon* I am so glad he says no to drugs. He should get point for being a good role model for the children. :-)

The Seventh Bachelor

Oh my goodness!! I want one. *Swoon* (Shh. Don't tell Dom/ George Micheal I shared his swoon). He has it all. Looks, lots of skills, and he's a family man. The competition is really high in this group. Can't wait to see how they react to each other. Seems like I'm going to have to send my Diva simself over to the Riverview after the show is over. It's been a long time since I've visited there. Great job.

Bloopers - Hahaha!! Hilarious! My Blue Fairy is at his best even at his worst. And *Double Swoon* to Dominic and Dimitri. I loved that. And I am really going to need the Hot Troll to loosen up. I'd hate to see his face get stuck like that. Haha! Great request Eld-san (yes I do like the way that sounds). Thanks for sharing Rosa. I know it was a lot of work. Especially counting up the speech bubbles. ;D Do we share a love for math? I too find myself reasons to count stuff. Glad you were able to recover some shots.

Ok I decided to end this post at the bloopers. I can't have my comments as long as an update post!

EDIT: Ok I am ending at the first installment. I had to add that I was also foaming at the mouth. That was hilarious ;)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Episode 1 Part VI: Kenshin
« Reply #621 on: April 30, 2013, 06:55:33 AM »
Man writing this post was almost as hard as a storey. Hmm. I am apologizing in advance. This will be a long post because I am commenting as I am going through the pages. I skimmed from page one and then started from page 7. So I will also apolgize in advance for speaking on 'old news.' 

Ok I decided to end this post at the bloopers. I can't have my comments as long as an update post!

EDIT: Ok I am ending at the first installment. I had to add that I was also foaming at the mouth. That was hilarious ;)

I will neither quote nor comment on all of this, but I must say your thoroughness is exciting. I do appreciate you responding to the direct comment, and *ahem* restraining yourself. I will give a small comment to your view on Talus, since you mentioned it twice. He has his own excellent reasons for being the way he is. You may find out, you may not. That's somewhat up to Gwendy and a lot up to him. But take it from me, you don't get better reasons than that.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Night of the Premiere
« Reply #622 on: May 01, 2013, 01:40:53 AM »
Marielle after the Premiere

Jump to First Date Card.

By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Yes! I knew it was a good idea to check this thread every half-hour until midnight!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Yes! I knew it was a good idea to check this thread every half-hour until midnight!

LOL Seconded hehehe.  I love Marielle.  She's so sweet ^^

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher

Awww. *blush*

LOL Seconded hehehe.  I love Marielle.  She's so sweet ^^

Isn't she? I'm quite fond of her myself.

By samoht04

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Night after the Premiere
« Reply #626 on: May 01, 2013, 02:31:58 AM »
I have a feeling that there was a park that was fun in that book . . .
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--The Premiere! Part II
« Reply #627 on: May 01, 2013, 05:13:22 AM »
Ok I'm back. I'll be keeping this one short because I should be in bed but I could't go to sleep without reading a couple more pages.

The premier was awesome. I loved Marielle's full ensemble from head to toe. The lavender really did it for her. I say, you must get me the contact info for that stylist of yours.  ;)

All seven guys did a wonderful entrance. I admit I was waiting for someone to trip on the stairs (I know I know finger wiggling). The duke was wonderful - even in clothes. I *swooned* for both Dominic and Dimitri. Kenshin was a perfect introduction. His father would be proud of his grasshopper. Talus you are starting to grow on me. I have high hopes for you honey.

Oh my gosh it's Everette Dojo! Ok I am definitely going to need to find his show (thread) because Marielle was really super excited to see him. I was a little concerned about Everette's first impression when they seemed to clash a little. But he is a gentleman, and he's a star in her eyes, so I'm sure he'll make it up.

I am so proud of that Nathaniel. Perhaps he's a liiittle full of himself but he seemed to lift his head from the mirror long enough to know her favorite color. Score for the Blue Fairy... Then he had to go and scare me with stalker We're-gonna-have-babies' song thing. *whistle blowing* Half a point penalty call there Nate.

Dominic! If I could do one of those Sim smack interactions (and if I didn't love your face), sir help me.  >:( As an honorary member of the Team Edward Fan Club, I am revoking your *Swoon.* Marielle's face was priceless though. Great screenshot! Everette should get a hot headed fairy trick as well but at least he was a gentleman and apologized.

See that's why Nate get's love from me. Always there to brighten a situation by putting the spotlight on him. You can have your half point back. And thank you for not chopping him up into steaks while I was gone.  ;D

Ok not as short as I planned but not too bad right? Oh and the spoiler thing rocks!

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #628 on: May 01, 2013, 06:44:29 AM »
I don't quite understand the meaning of this. It's seem there is something to do with her and reading book and sleeping soundly.
And the book itself is placed beside her. Is this some kind of hint of what coming next in the future chapter... or just another interlude to show this is what Marielle do after the Premiere. Hmm... Am I thinking to much?

I can't wait to see what happened next.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #629 on: May 01, 2013, 07:13:59 AM »
Ok I guess my going to bed plan didn't work out. It's not time for me to go to work. But I am now on page 25 whoohoo!! Thanks for taking the break Rosa. Definitely worked in my favor.

Anyway I just wanted to say...

Ryan had me at dollface! Perhaps he can run off with the stylist?! ;)

anything