Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 544682 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Interlude: Legal Issue
« Reply #585 on: April 27, 2013, 11:08:04 AM »
Oooooo... interesting development.  Naughty Dominic *waggles finger*  Hehe, Ryan's fun.  Definitely gotta watch out for him though XD

Great update Rosa ^^

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #586 on: April 27, 2013, 11:25:37 AM »
I swear, Dominic could save a litter of puppies from a burning building and read to blind orphans on his days off, and we'd still just think of him as "that guy who read Marielle's confession cam when he wasn't supposed to."  :P

(But seriously, Pyro, I think you're cool. Dom's just got this, "bad boy" angle going on as of late.)

Speaking of bad boys, I'm liking this Ryan character. Is he based off of the Mr. Rosa, by chance, or is he just your standard gender swap character?
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #587 on: April 27, 2013, 12:18:25 PM »
And in a surprise twist, Marielle leaves the mansion and runs off with Ryan...
Seriously, though, I truly appreciate the depth that you create for the show by providing these "behind the scene" bits with so much depth in the executive team and how well fleshed out their world is.  I actually found myself pausing to admire The background in Pam's office and the images on the computer screen when Dom was using it.  Fantastic job!

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #588 on: April 27, 2013, 01:15:12 PM »
In retrospect, its a good thing I didn't create one of th bachelors, because in a story like this i like to read everything.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #589 on: April 27, 2013, 03:48:08 PM »
In retrospect, its a good thing I didn't create one of th bachelors, because in a story like this i like to read everything.

Let me asure you it is tough being a sponsor who is also a voracious reader.  But I can wait for the end of the story till I can finally read the confession cams.  I'm enjoying it all so much. 

Great update Rosa.  I like how you included Pam and how you portrayed her.  She is always supportive of the members as well as fair and just.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #590 on: April 27, 2013, 04:03:50 PM »
I like the way you turned a real-life hiccup into part of the behind-the-scenes story :)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #591 on: April 27, 2013, 06:56:22 PM »
How did you get that screenshot, anyway? I agree that it's a good one. Gives the reader a strong first impression. (whether it's good or not is another matter. I personally like him)

Magic ;D No, custom poses. It's cool, no? I definitely had to get that first impression in. I think it fits him extraordinarily well. I'm glad you like him--I really do, too.

Oooooo... interesting development.  Naughty Dominic *waggles finger*  Hehe, Ryan's fun.  Definitely gotta watch out for him though XD

Great update Rosa ^^

Oh, yes. Watch out for Ryan. He is trouble. Fun trouble, though. So hard narrowing it down to five traits for him. So in the end I just wrote him with more than he actually could have. Glad you liked it.

I swear, Dominic could save a litter of puppies from a burning building and read to blind orphans on his days off, and we'd still just think of him as "that guy who read Marielle's confession cam when he wasn't supposed to."  :P

(But seriously, Pyro, I think you're cool. Dom's just got this, "bad boy" angle going on as of late.)

Speaking of bad boys, I'm liking this Ryan character. Is he based off of the Mr. Rosa, by chance, or is he just your standard gender swap character?

Hahahahah isn't that terrible? We humans so tend to focus on the negative.

He does, doesn't he? Hmm.

Ohhh, yes. Ryan, the ultimate bad boy. He makes Dominic at his naughtiest look like pound cake (darn it, now I want pound cake). He is nothing like Mr Rosa. Hahaha. Nor is he a standard gender swap character, either. But that is very observant of you. We'll say, that he combines two
Jungian archetypes.

And in a surprise twist, Marielle leaves the mansion and runs off with Ryan...
Seriously, though, I truly appreciate the depth that you create for the show by providing these "behind the scene" bits with so much depth in the executive team and how well fleshed out their world is.  I actually found myself pausing to admire The background in Pam's office and the images on the computer screen when Dom was using it.  Fantastic job!

Hahaha! Wouldn't that be lovely? Oh no, they're not going to meet. It would seriously damage the bachelors' chances ;) Besides, why would Marielle have legal issues? She is perfect! Hahaha
I am so glad you appreciate that. I really do put in a lot of time to put these together. It took me roughly five hours to build and screenshot this interlude (both parts) not counting writing them. I was just going to do a quick thing and then of course my Perfectionist trait kicked in like it always does, and before you know it, the time is gone. Worth it when people notice, though. Thank goodness intl_incident built the crew room as such a perfect background for those characters. That's actually why I started these behind-the-scenes things, because that room was too good not to use a lot. I am glad you like Pam's office. I tried hard to incorporate all of her traits into it, while basing it on the office of another television executive (anyone watch 30 Rock?) I should have got more screenshots of the whole thing. The game refused to save after this and I lost all of it.

Anyway, can anyone guess Pam's traits from her office? (You can't see the kitty calendar I put in, but it's there).

Yes. It would be very challenging for me as well. I don't think the bachelors knew the torture they were signing themselves up for!

Let me asure you it is tough being a sponsor who is also a voracious reader.  But I can wait for the end of the story till I can finally read the confession cams.  I'm enjoying it all so much. 

Great update Rosa.  I like how you included Pam and how you portrayed her.  She is always supportive of the members as well as fair and just.

I think it would be an interesting experience for sure. It really gives you something to look forward to, and I hope is a nice consolation prize when someone gets kicked off--hey, you're the first one to get to read everything!

Thank you. I've been wanting to have her actually physically appear since I got permission to use her as a network executive. I thought this was the perfect opportunity. I had so much fun making her office. I hope the real Pam approves. Anyway, I definitely wanted the sim Pam to be like the real Pam is to us on the forum--steadfast in the rules, consistent, fair, and caring. I'm glad that came across.

I like the way you turned a real-life hiccup into part of the behind-the-scenes story :)

Thank you. That's what I aim for. :D

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #592 on: April 27, 2013, 08:34:25 PM »
Anyway, can anyone guess Pam's traits from her office? (You can't see the kitty calendar I put in, but it's there).

Hmm... Cat Lover, Bookworm, Perfectionist, Eco-Friendly?
Cat Lover and Bookworm are sure bets.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #593 on: April 27, 2013, 08:36:31 PM »
Definitely Cat Lover and Bookworm. Maybe Eco-Friendly, Green Thumb, or . . . Computer Whiz!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #594 on: April 27, 2013, 08:45:02 PM »
Definitely Cat Lover and Bookworm. Maybe Eco-Friendly, Green Thumb, or . . . Computer Whiz!

Oooh... yeah. I'm thinking Green Thumb more than Eco-Friendly now, because of all the plants. I didn't really get a sense of Computer Whiz from the office, but it's Pam, so it makes sense.  :)
TEAMWORK!

So that leaves one trait slot..... hmmmmm.....

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #595 on: April 27, 2013, 08:51:23 PM »
Family-oriented/nurturer. We all know how Pam loves the nooboos!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #596 on: April 27, 2013, 09:19:44 PM »
Oooh... yeah. I'm thinking Green Thumb more than Eco-Friendly now, because of all the plants. I didn't really get a sense of Computer Whiz from the office, but it's Pam, so it makes sense.  :)
TEAMWORK!

I saw a computer on the desk in one of the screenshots.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #597 on: April 27, 2013, 09:34:32 PM »

What a fun update! Although I sort of feel bad for Dominic! Then again, maybe Marielle will really dig the bad boy thing he's got going on? I think it's a fun twist for his character. But it's easy to understand the slip up of clicking on the confession cams. Oh tempting little spoilers! Must . . . resist . . . clicking!

I loved Pam's office, by the way, that was very well put together.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #598 on: April 27, 2013, 10:13:28 PM »
Oh yay, lots of responses! Let's see . . .

Hmm... Cat Lover, Bookworm, Perfectionist, Eco-Friendly?
Cat Lover and Bookworm are sure bets.

Well done! You got three out of five on the first try.

We agree Cat Lover and Bookworm for sure. And there's one more correct guess! Good job!

TEAMWORK!

Notice those are not plants you grow, though. I think you were on the right track with the whole surrounded-by-plants Eco-Friendly idea. Yes, it does make sense! How does one make an office look like a Computer Whiz works there?

Family-oriented/nurturer. We all know how Pam loves the nooboos!

Surprisingly, not one of her traits. I'm sure Pam herself has the trait though, as we are not limited to five slots in real life!

I saw a computer on the desk in one of the screenshots.

Good eye, Azo-chan!

All right, good! You have correctly guessed four of the five traits. I will give you a hint to the fifth as it is difficult. There is a clue in the very last screenshot ;)

What a fun update! Although I sort of feel bad for Dominic! Then again, maybe Marielle will really dig the bad boy thing he's got going on? I think it's a fun twist for his character. But it's easy to understand the slip up of clicking on the confession cams. Oh tempting little spoilers! Must . . . resist . . . clicking!

I loved Pam's office, by the way, that was very well put together.

Glad you liked it! I had fun writing it. Yes, difficult to resist! I need to write this faster so you all don't have to wait so long! Doing my best to distract you in the meantime.

Thank you! It was a lot of work and took a long time, but the appreciation always makes it worth it!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #599 on: April 27, 2013, 10:16:12 PM »
OH! How did I not think of this before! Pam's Car thread in the Babble Board!
VEHICLE ENTHUSIAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anything