Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 544689 times)

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
Just wanted to say I've been lurking for a while and I'm so impressed with all the hard work that must be involved in a story like this!

I do not have a favourite soooo:

Go Team Marielle! She is a darling.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
OK. At least Marielle thinks Dominic is 'good looking'. And at least she doesn't think he's psycho.
Um, I don't think you were supposed to read that . . .
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
I don't hate Dimitri. I just don't like people like him in real life, but it could also be that I don't know him well enough yet. (And yes, it was the Confession Cam that did it in.)

People that are like him in what way? Writers? Musicians? People that have a plan?

OK. At least Marielle thinks Dominic is 'good looking'. And at least she doesn't think he's psycho.

OK *breathes* Let's hope he gets a rose!! Oh, and congrats of Everette for getting the First Impression Rose :) He has a good chance of winning.

Um, I don't think you were supposed to read that . . .

Yeah, Gwendy's right, Pyro. You weren't supposed to read that. Don't ever do it again.

Just wanted to say I've been lurking for a while and I'm so impressed with all the hard work that must be involved in a story like this!

I do not have a favourite soooo:

Go Team Marielle! She is a darling.

Yay lurker comment! Thank you. It really is a lot of hard work and it can be exhausting at times, but it is worth it for the adulation of my beautiful fans :)

Thank you! She is my favourite too ;D But I'm very biased. I'm glad you like her.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
Yeah, Gwendy's right, Pyro. You weren't supposed to read that. Don't ever do it again.
I know. I deleted my comment from before and I am very sorry :'( I didn't realise
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Hey look, my prediction was right! (Well, I knew before the update, but even before that I thought Everette would get it) I can't wait to see what these bachelors have up their sleeves for the first date!  ;D

(and for the record, if I get eliminated, I'm all in for Team Talus)

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--The Premiere! Part II
« Reply #530 on: April 15, 2013, 10:03:42 AM »
Other people like Talus

None of the responses to that particular entry had included any Talus support, though.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
People that are like him in what way? Writers? Musicians? People that have a plan?
Plans are useless. They never work out for me. And he seems kinda sleezy, but that could be the lighting, or the evil looking backround. :P
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Well, Dextra, in the words of the Doctor:  "You know what i always say about plans:  I don't have one!"

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Huh, OK.  Wrong both times :P.  Still, it made sense that Everette got the roses - and there's a long way to go yet.  Nice update :).

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--The Premiere! Part II
« Reply #534 on: April 15, 2013, 01:40:21 PM »
None of the responses to that particular entry had included any Talus support, though.
I'm afraid I don't understand. Talus has a lot of support. It's great and I love it and you all are amazing. Some bachelors just stick out more than others at times, and thus get more attention. It's normal and nothing to be worried or disappointed about.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Well, Dextra, in the words of the Doctor:  "You know what i always say about plans:  I don't have one!"

Pippin, it's a good thing you don't work in construction.  I've just spent the last 20 years or so as a "Planning Officer".  Every single thing I did was about a plan:  Project Plan, Floor Plan, Site Plan, Master Plan for the site, Environmental Plan, Communication Plan, etc. for the projects and even Strategic Plans, because my unit's motto was "Proper planning prevents poor performance"... so to wing it without a plan sounds like FUN!  Umm... now to get back to my retirement plan.   ;)

But kudoos to Rosa for this story, I'm sure she actually has a plan of action.  I don't think anyone could pull this off without some fairly detailed planning.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Niana

• Occult
Goooo Everette!!! :D

There's nothing else new to say that I haven't before - love all the guys and their different relationships to Marielle thus far... but most of all, I'm seriously impressed at how much work must have gone into this by you, Rosa, and the sponsors. The confession cams are so true to character, and the whole thing is coming together so well. Big big kudos to everyone!!

(I have questions about the technical aspects of the gameplay, but I think I'll wait till the whole thing is done. Don't want to spoil the magic for anyone -- including myself!)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
I know. I deleted my comment from before and I am very sorry :'( I didn't realise

Forgiven.

Hey look, my prediction was right! (Well, I knew before the update, but even before that I thought Everette would get it) I can't wait to see what these bachelors have up their sleeves for the first date!  ;D

(and for the record, if I get eliminated, I'm all in for Team Talus)

Well surmised! Me neither, for that matter.

I'm sure Talus appreciate that.

I'm afraid I don't understand. Talus has a lot of support. It's great and I love it and you all are amazing. Some bachelors just stick out more than others at times, and thus get more attention. It's normal and nothing to be worried or disappointed about.

I think Gwendy said it all.

Plans are useless. They never work out for me. And he seems kinda sleezy, but that could be the lighting, or the evil looking backround. :P

They all had the exact same background. I think it's just the expression. It was really hard to find a picture where he looked angry because he smiles so much. Give him a chance, Dextra. People are not inherently evil because they have plans. That said, you're entitled to your own opinion. My strong reaction was because I was so surprised.

Hahaha, so true.

Huh, OK.  Wrong both times :P.  Still, it made sense that Everette got the roses - and there's a long way to go yet.  Nice update :).

Thank you. There sure is.

Pippin, it's a good thing you don't work in construction.  I've just spent the last 20 years or so as a "Planning Officer".  Every single thing I did was about a plan:  Project Plan, Floor Plan, Site Plan, Master Plan for the site, Environmental Plan, Communication Plan, etc. for the projects and even Strategic Plans, because my unit's motto was "Proper planning prevents poor performance"... so to wing it without a plan sounds like FUN!  Umm... now to get back to my retirement plan.   ;)

But kudoos to Rosa for this story, I'm sure she actually has a plan of action.  I don't think anyone could pull this off without some fairly detailed planning.

I'm a planner too. I plan everything, even though I always know it's not going to go the way I want.

I do, and par for the course, it is not working  >:( I think I've mentioned before that I spent months planning before I ever went live. It is outside my comfort zone to allow so much outside interaction (I am sooo much a control freak) but it is good for me and I am enjoying the collaboration.

Goooo Everette!!! :D

There's nothing else new to say that I haven't before - love all the guys and their different relationships to Marielle thus far... but most of all, I'm seriously impressed at how much work must have gone into this by you, Rosa, and the sponsors. The confession cams are so true to character, and the whole thing is coming together so well. Big big kudos to everyone!!

(I have questions about the technical aspects of the gameplay, but I think I'll wait till the whole thing is done. Don't want to spoil the magic for anyone -- including myself!)

Confession Cams are a strictly sponsor effort. I use them to keep me on track character-wise and make sure the story stays interactive. I'm glad you are enjoying it so much, and you are so right about how much work it is! If you told me how much work playing my game was going to be before I started The Bachelorette, I would have looked politely very sceptical. I was actually in tears today, but more on that later. As I told Magz earlier, it's been total. As Kate Mulgrew said of Star Trek: Voyager, 'It's better than fun, but it's also harder than fun.'

Yes, good. I won't tell you.

Speaking of how much of a control freak I am, I am having major problems. I am in the midst of playing the first date and it is doing its utmost to kill me. Nothing is going well. I can't explain too much without giving away the plot, but the NPC employees of the venue are beyond not co-operating. I planned to play through everything so I could get it up tonight. I told my husband it would take an hour. It took an hour and a half to set it up. Just nothing is working. This is my second or third time trying to play it through as well. I was having a minor breakdown because I wanted to have the posting schedule follow 'real time' so to speak--the Premiere is supposed to be Week 1 Day 1, so it finished on Sunday. I wanted Date 1 to be Monday, Date 2 Wednesday, Date 3 Friday, and Rose Ceremony Saturday. That coincides with my days off from uni as well. However, since I can't play through the date, I can't do the supplemental screenshots in the second file, I can't send it to the bachelors to do Confession Cams, and I can't put everything together and post it by tonight. It's just not going to happen. My husband said I could play it later, but that won't give the bachelors time to respond. We have sponsors around the world (which is just beyond awesome) and at least four different time zones, just within the sponsors. I do my best to compensate by coming on the forum at all different times of day, but that is not going to make it so that they can all comment in the space of about four hours.

Okay, so enough complaining about poor me my life is so hard. It's awesome! I get to write for all you lovely people who are more appreciative than everyone else in my life put together. My point is, here's my new plan. (As aforementioned, I have to have a plan or I'll self-destruct.) In the real show, The Premiere is one week's episode, and the next episode the following week is the first week of dates. I think it would actually be possible for me to post everything for the first week next week. It's not ideal, but it allows me to maintain my sanity by keeping the schedule I originally figured out. It's a good schedule, I just have to play ahead and I have absolutely not. I'm frustrated because I keep sleeping when I'm meant to be playing. Come on, laptop! I need to afford you now!

So, if anyone is still with me through that very long meandering post, what do you think? Is it okay if I give you the dates next week instead? I'm sorry to make you wait longer :( I'll try to get something together for you to read in the meantime.

<3 Rosa
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Speaking of how much of a control freak I am, I am having major problems. I am in the midst of playing the first date and it is doing its utmost to kill me. Nothing is going well. I can't explain too much without giving away the plot, but the NPC employees of the venue are beyond not co-operating. I planned to play through everything so I could get it up tonight. I told my husband it would take an hour. It took an hour and a half to set it up. Just nothing is working. This is my second or third time trying to play it through as well. I was having a minor breakdown because I wanted to have the posting schedule follow 'real time' so to speak--the Premiere is supposed to be Week 1 Day 1, so it finished on Sunday. I wanted Date 1 to be Monday, Date 2 Wednesday, Date 3 Friday, and Rose Ceremony Saturday. That coincides with my days off from uni as well. However, since I can't play through the date, I can't do the supplemental screenshots in the second file, I can't send it to the bachelors to do Confession Cams, and I can't put everything together and post it by tonight. It's just not going to happen. My husband said I could play it later, but that won't give the bachelors time to respond. We have sponsors around the world (which is just beyond awesome) and at least four different time zones, just within the sponsors. I do my best to compensate by coming on the forum at all different times of day, but that is not going to make it so that they can all comment in the space of about four hours.

Okay, so enough complaining about poor me my life is so hard. It's awesome! I get to write for all you lovely people who are more appreciative than everyone else in my life put together. My point is, here's my new plan. (As aforementioned, I have to have a plan or I'll self-destruct.) In the real show, The Premiere is one week's episode, and the next episode the following week is the first week of dates. I think it would actually be possible for me to post everything for the first week next week. It's not ideal, but it allows me to maintain my sanity by keeping the schedule I originally figured out. It's a good schedule, I just have to play ahead and I have absolutely not. I'm frustrated because I keep sleeping when I'm meant to be playing. Come on, laptop! I need to afford you now!

So, if anyone is still with me through that very long meandering post, what do you think? Is it okay if I give you the dates next week instead? I'm sorry to make you wait longer :( I'll try to get something together for you to read in the meantime.

<3 Rosa

I'm sending you a PM concerning the story-manager part, but in regard to the post, take all the time you need! Technical issues can always fly in the face of a well-layed plan, and there's not much you can do about that. None of us have any problem waiting a little longer for the dates.  :D

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
Seriously? Nobody else likes Talus? Hmph. Ich wasche meine hände von euch!

Lol don't worry. Talus is my absolute favorite. I'm definitely rooting for him.  ;)