Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 535845 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Interlude: A Tour of the Mansion
« Reply #240 on: March 22, 2013, 12:14:37 AM »
I love that house.  When this is all over, I'm definitely uploading it.

You really should. There's nothing like actually playing it.

Okay, so this is pretty random, but you know how on some shows, some of the "extras" that you can get online are the people in the reality show giving tours of their home. You could have the sponsors do something like that. In relation to bloopers, I am sure some of the sponsors had their bachelors do some funny things when they were prepping for the show. They could send you pictures of that. Another possible idea is to have a series of photos from the sims' "childhoods".
Any of these could also work for Marielle. Of course, all of these are contingent on the sponsors doing a little extra work, so if you don't wanna do stuff like that, you could show some disagreements between Rose, Della, Ombra, Rosa, and Friends.

p.s. I should have mentioned this earlier, but Marielle is one of my favorite names. I like all names that end in -elle, and Marie is my "official" name. So basically, it's the perfect name in my mind.   :D

Those are all good ideas. Sponsors, feel free to send me any of that stuff you like. For right now, I'm going to show what one of the bachelors is doing while he's waiting for the show to start.

How cool! I quite like it myself. :)
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Bachelor Update: Nathaniel
« Reply #241 on: March 22, 2013, 12:56:52 AM »
The viewers are clamouring to know: What are the bachelors up to while they wait for the show to begin? Well, we asked them, and one immediately volunteered to be followed by a camera crew to capture his daily life. So without any further ado, here is 'A Day in the Life of Nathaniel Elysi'.

Nathaniel: Another day, another opportunity to remind everyone how famous I am now.

Yes, driver, Verde Park.

I don't need this rubbish town anymore. I'm going to be famous.
Insignificant Townie: Correct me if I'm wrong, but The Bachelorette is filmed in Starlight Shores. As in, here. In this "rubbish town".

Nathaniel: Don't tell me you've never heard of The Bachelorette? It's a television show. It's on television. You must have heard of it.
Man Who Is Not a Bachelor on Television: Uh, I don't really watch TV.
Nathaniel: Well, forget you then.

Look, I'm getting tired of people answering this question wrong! So tell me you've seen The Bachelorette before!
Natasha: Look, I just came over here to see if you wanted to buy something from my little brother's bake sale! Never mind!

. . . And then, when this is all over, I'll star in a movie: Nathaniel Elysi: My Time as a Major Television Star.
Serena: Wow, Uncle Nathaniel! That's really amazing!

Nathaniel: Don't worry, little niece. I won't forget you while I'm off being famous.
Serena (thinking): I wish I had a cool job like Uncle Nathaniel.

Nathaniel: Yes, ma'am, of course you can have an autograph! That'll be only 35 simoleons, plus tax.

Of course it's not exorbitant, don't you know I'm a star?

Make sure you get my good side! And I want the words "flawless physique" in there somewhere.

That's right, I'm your story right here! Never mind that fairy guy in the ground over there. By the way, you are going to need to pay me and get a release for that cell phone picture.

You sure were lucky to run into such a gem as me while you were going about your boring, ordinary life.

So there you are, viewers. That's what Nathaniel Elysi is doing with his time while he waits for The Bachelorette to begin.

Jump to Bachelor Update: Everette.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #242 on: March 22, 2013, 01:53:43 AM »
Yay! A new update, a new story! I like this. It's  funny and cute story.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #243 on: March 22, 2013, 03:25:04 AM »
Hmm...for some reason, I can easily see Nathaniel getting into fights with theother bachalors with his attitude like that, though I realise a lot is just the story telling.  For some reason, I'm reminded of that Rated R guy that was on a previous season.  Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #244 on: March 22, 2013, 07:57:16 AM »
As enjoyable as that update was, I think my favorite part was the glitch with the buried fairy and how Nathaniel just played it off as nothing compared to him  :=)

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #245 on: March 22, 2013, 08:59:19 AM »
As enjoyable as that update was, I think my favorite part was the glitch with the buried fairy and how Nathaniel just played it off as nothing compared to him  :=)
Didn't notice that right away, but that's pretty hilarious. As self absorbed as Nathaniel, he's growing on me  :D.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #246 on: March 22, 2013, 09:43:19 AM »
Nathaniel, Nathaniel, Nathaniel . . . what am I going to do with you?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #247 on: March 22, 2013, 03:19:43 PM »
Yay! A new update, a new story! I like this. It's  funny and cute story.

Thank you. Mostly done by Azokka with some work by me ;D

Hmm...for some reason, I can easily see Nathaniel getting into fights with theother bachalors with his attitude like that, though I realise a lot is just the story telling.  For some reason, I'm reminded of that Rated R guy that was on a previous season.  Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Yeah, he's got some anger for Everette. That probably showed in his introduction. I don't know that he's worried about anyone else much. It's kind of funny, he's devoted in a weird way.

Haha! That one was my idea. I noticed the guy in the ground and thought, 'That's too funny not to comment on.'

Didn't notice that right away, but that's pretty hilarious. As self absorbed as Nathaniel, he's growing on me  :D.

He's charming in spite of--or because of?--his flaws.

Nathaniel, Nathaniel, Nathaniel . . . what am I going to do with you?

Haha. Enjoy him.

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Bachelor Update: Everette
« Reply #248 on: March 22, 2013, 03:24:33 PM »
What are the other bachelors up to? Here is the touching account of what Everette Dojo went through at the close of the Dojo Immortal Dynasty.

Everette watched as the last remaining family member sped away from the dojo: his son, Percival.

The house was empty, and he was alone. He had never been alone before, he suddenly realized.

The dynasty was over, along with the purpose, the structure, the drive that had fueled all of his actions. Do this for the dynasty, do that. Suddenly, it was over. He could do anything. Go anywhere.

If only he knew what it was that he wanted.

He found himself wandering the halls of the empty mansion that had once been so full of life. He came across Samura's bedroom and a fresh pang stabbed his heart.

That indomitable woman, she had been so fierce, so full of life. It was hard to believe that she was really gone, and even harder to understand why.

He was surprised to find that she had left the bed unmade. So unlike her. It was almost as if she had left in a hurry, as if she didn't know that today would be her last.

What a day it had been. So many ups and downs. Rhoxi married; Gwenyth teleported away to start a new dynasty; Samura . . . dead. It was all too impossible to grapple with.

He shook himself out of his brooding and sat down at the piano. Only that sound could soothe him, with its low, dark rumblings and its tinkering highs.

He played through the night until somehow, inexorably, morning crept up over the waters, making everything--including his spirit--a little brighter. Life would go on.

There was hope. There was a new day. There was Marielle.

Jump to Bachelor Update: Kenshin.

By samoht04

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #249 on: March 22, 2013, 03:30:31 PM »
See?  She completes him  :=)
Loved this update.  Makes him seem so different from Nathaniel, so I'm loving the character contrast.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #250 on: March 22, 2013, 03:36:49 PM »
YES! YES! YES! More update~ Wheee... I feel like in heaven.

Thank you. Mostly done by Azokka with some work by me  ;D

I was curious what will happen when Nathaniel see other participant. I bet this will be interesting lol.

And, yeah! I am amazed with the building too. That is really something. Can't wait to see next update~
Good job, Rosa and other Sponsors~~
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #251 on: March 22, 2013, 08:46:36 PM »
See?  She completes him  :=)
Loved this update.  Makes him seem so different from Nathaniel, so I'm loving the character contrast.

:D That was all Rhoxi, she did all the screenshots and writing, I just passed it on. Good on her! I was thinking the same about character contrast. They are two very different characters. I've got a third very different gentleman coming up as well.

YES! YES! YES! More update~ Wheee... I feel like in heaven.

I was curious what will happen when Nathaniel see other participant. I bet this will be interesting lol.

And, yeah! I am amazed with the building too. That is really something. Can't wait to see next update~
Good job, Rosa and other Sponsors~~

I think it is so nice how enthusiastic you are about my story :) Thank you, Eld-san. (There I go stealing Anna-chan's names again--I can't help it, once I see them they're so appropriate they just stick)

I am excited and a little trepidatious to see what happens when they do get together. If Everette and Nathaniel get along I won't know what to do with myself!

Thank you, on my own behalf and that of the sponsors.

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Bachelor Update: Kenshin
« Reply #252 on: March 22, 2013, 09:04:41 PM »
Not everyone is as confident as Nathaniel or as experienced as Everette. Shall we see how one of our more inexperienced bachelors is doing before The Bachelorette begins?

Kenshin bowed respectfully to his father as they began their latest sparring match. Despite the importance of his training, Kenshin was having difficulty focusing on the sparring. He knew it was foolish. Just because he was anticipating his trip to Starlight Shores, he had no excuse for not performing better in his matches.

Katashi: Ambitious kick, Kenshin. Remember your balance!

This was his father's tradition. Every movement Kenshin made was scrutinized and evaluated by his father. Kenshin found his father's remarks to be most enlightening. If Julia Child offered to teach you how to bake blueberry muffins, you would listen to her advice, no? Kenshin felt the same way of his father's advice.

Katashi: Plant your foot firmly and... kick!

Kenshin: You leave your flank open, father.
Katashi: Oh? And what shall you do about it? Knowledge is key to victory, but so is application.

Katashi: I see you possess both. Now, again.

Katashi: Your stance betrays you. I anticipate your movements, and react accordingly. When you become predictable, you become vulnerable.

Katashi: By embracing the chaos of battle, you become unpredictable, impossible to foresee.
Kenshin: Only when my actions are incomprehensible, my thoughts inconceivable, my stance unreadable, will I triumph.
Katashi: Yes. Now go, Kenshin. I sense something different in your form. Perhaps some time alone will give you time to solve your woes.
Kenshin: Thank you, father.

His father was right, of course. Something was different in his form, and he knew why. His thoughts were scattered, divided between his daily duties and his upcoming travels. Kenshin was not proud to admit it, but he was nervous. Romantic endeavours had never been the focus of his father's lesson, or even a sidenote. Kenshin had learned many lessons from his father, but he would need a new master to teach him the workings of love.

Fortunately, he knew one. Well, master may not be the right term, but he was the most experienced that Kenshin was aware of.

As Kenshin approached the bunker, he began to reconsider his decision to seek advice. He was the most experienced romancer Kenshin knew, but he didn't exactly like him. He felt that his sister could do better than a angry man who lived in a bomb shelter. Still, he needed advice from somebody, and neither his father nor sister would be suitable partners. Reluctantly, Kenshin knocked on the door.

Hunter: Who is it! Are you from Twinbrook! You'll never take me alive!
Kenshin: Calm yourself, Hunter. I'm not here to hurt you. Not this time.
Hunter: *opens door* Oh, it's just you. What do you want?
Kenshin: May I come in?
Hunter: Whatever.

Hunter: So, what you do want with me? There's nothing wrong with Chika, is there? Did those cursed Twinbrookers get her? I'll have a word with them-
Kenshin: No, no, my sister is fine. This is more of a personal issue.
Hunter: This isn't about that Bachelorette nonsense, is it?
Kenshin: Is there a problem, Hunter?
Hunter: Humph. And my mother thought I was desperate.

Kenshin: You're aware that I am not experienced when it comes with women.
Hunter: I'll say! Remember the lady at the movie theatre? The one with the popcorn and the M&M's?
Kenshin: Quite clearly, I'm afraid. My point is that you have had more opportunities to learn about romance, and I would greatly appreciate it if you gave me some advice on the matter.
Hunter: You want me to give you advice on women?
Kenshin: Unless you're saying that you're not experienced enough...
Hunter: Are you kidding! I've spent years flirting and dating! Of course I could help you, don't be ridiculous!

Hunter: You have to take your time with women, you do. Don't rush them. You might be thinking about Woohoo, and they're thinking about cuddling. Know how to recognize the difference, or you'll be getting neither.
Kenshin: That shouldn't be too tough. Anything else?

Hunter: Don't be shy. Sure, being a little distant might be cute for a while, but if you don't make yourself stand out, she'll get bored and move on to somebody else. I'm not saying you should be up in her face or anything, but be assertive.
Kenshin: Okay. Be assertive, but not too bold.
Hunter: And don't do any of that "dark and troubled" nonsense! That was new and edgy ten years ago. Now it's just cliché!
Kenshin: That wasn't where I was going with that.
Hunter: Just covering all my bases.

Kenshin: Is that all?
Hunter: Pretty much. I mean, there's the basic stuff. Don't flirt with other women with her, don't complain about her new haircut, don't throw up on her cat.
Kenshin: You threw up on my cat!?
Hunter: I didn't say I did any of that! I, uh, I have a friend.
Kenshin: What's his name?
Hunter: Er.... Hunt, um, Huntred! Yeah, that's his name. Huntred!

Kenshin got up off of Hunter's couch in no better condition than he arrived. He worried that visiting Hunter was a waste of time, and he couldn't help but doubt his advice. On the other hand, maybe he was right. As crude and generally unpleasant as he was, Hunter might be onto something with his tips. Kenshin decided to return home and meditate on this most recent development.

Jump to Bachelor Update: Leopold.

By samoht04

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #253 on: March 22, 2013, 10:04:57 PM »
:D That was all Rhoxi, she did all the screenshots and writing, I just passed it on. Good on her! I was thinking the same about character contrast. They are two very different characters. I've got a third very different gentleman coming up as well.

I think it is so nice how enthusiastic you are about my story :) Thank you, Eld-san. (There I go stealing Anna-chan's names again--I can't help it, once I see them they're so appropriate they just stick)

I am excited and a little trepidatious to see what happens when they do get together. If Everette and Nathaniel get along I won't know what to do with myself!

Thank you, on my own behalf and that of the sponsors.

They do seem appropriate in the end, don't they? ^^
I was thinking Eld-kun, but it doesn't fit like Eld-san.
I think one of my favourite bachelors is Kenshin. I mean, he's not confident in himself, but neither is Marielle. She seems like the type that is rather innocent overall, and hasn't really had much of a romance ever. When you compare that to Everette and Nathaniel - one's a rather boisterous fairy that loves attention and people and the other's an experienced technical widow that's had a lot of experience at wooing people - it seems more like they'll sweep Marielle off her feet, but it wouldn't last.

~Anna

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Bachelor Update: Kenshin
« Reply #254 on: March 22, 2013, 11:06:05 PM »

Everette may be "my" bachelor, but I have to admit: I love Kenshin, too! What a great update about him. I like the bit about not throwing up on her cat. That's some good advice, right there.  :P Getting in good with a girl's beloved pet will definitely give you some brownie points.