Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 535839 times)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
I was really impressed by your interlude.  I am constantly amazed at the breadth of your talent. 

I like the names you gave your various personality sides.  ;D  Only five... wow.  If I was going to name mine, (especially when things don't work out) it'd read like a phone book.   :'(
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
I was really impressed by your interlude.  I am constantly amazed at the breadth of your talent. 

I like the names you gave your various personality sides.  ;D  Only five... wow.  If I was going to name mine, (especially when things don't work out) it'd read like a phone book.   :'(

Wow, thanks, Magz! What a lovely compliment.

Thank you. Oh no, by no means do I only have five. Only these five are working on the project. I had great fun assigning the traits (I always have to eliminate a few to give only five--can't wait to get a degree!) but I still left out several I think I have.

Judging by what you see here, what traits do you think I have? You may specify by aspect, but you don't have to.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
There are five of you.  No wonder you get so much good work done!  I thoroughly enjoyed the "behind the scenes" moment of the show.  There for a moment, I thought you were going to replace Marielle with one of your Simselves!

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
Our first look at the mansion! Even though we only saw one room, it looks fantastic and very realistic :D

It was interesting to see all the producers and their dramas. I thought the picture of Rosa screaming at the others with her megaphone.
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher

What a great update! I love the production room and the behind the scenes feel. You're really drumming up some great suspense about the final bachelor; he must really be something! I'm so glad it looks like you've resolved your technical issues. Rosa's computer and game files: you behave! You hear that?

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
Wow! I didn't know you could transform your name into so many deviations! Good job.  :P

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
And that was the ratings raising event. *scratches head* Rose has a very meta sense of humour.
Oh, that makes sense! I guess I should have guessed that, all things considered.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
There are five of you.  No wonder you get so much good work done!  I thoroughly enjoyed the "behind the scenes" moment of the show.  There for a moment, I thought you were going to replace Marielle with one of your Simselves!

Ha ha, I wish it were true and not just metaphorical! Just like Calvin, we could take turns going to class, doing homework, and playing Sims ;D Oh no, I would not enter The Bachelorette. I'll leave that to Marielle. Glad you enjoyed the behind the scenes, I enjoyed making it.

Our first look at the mansion! Even though we only saw one room, it looks fantastic and very realistic :D

It was interesting to see all the producers and their dramas. I thought the picture of Rosa screaming at the others with her megaphone.

Indeed, intl_incident's work is stunning. It constantly impresses me. Fortunately, you will be seeing much more of it as the story goes on. The crew room is my favourite simply because the contrast to the rest of the house is so drastic.

There's certainly a lot of drama. With two dramatic Sims it's bound to happen. What? You thought the picture of Rosa screaming was what? I have to know!

What a great update! I love the production room and the behind the scenes feel. You're really drumming up some great suspense about the final bachelor; he must really be something! I'm so glad it looks like you've resolved your technical issues. Rosa's computer and game files: you behave! You hear that?

I had to show it off, it's so good and it wouldn't come up in the normal story. Thank you, I think my files heard you!

Wow! I didn't know you could transform your name into so many deviations! Good job.  :P

I tried. Thank you *takes a bow*

Oh, that makes sense! I guess I should have guessed that, all things considered.

Hahaha, you mean my craziness? Is that the thing you considered?

Well, since you asked for it, you're going to get it. Hang on to your seats because here comes the ratings raising event.

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Interlude: A Tour of the Mansion
« Reply #203 on: March 19, 2013, 03:51:49 AM »
Tour of the Bachelorette Mansion

The producer of The Bachelorette, Rosa Sim, has arranged something special for our viewers today. The production designer, Emily Springbrook, is going to take you on a tour of the mansion! As the person who puts together the entire look of the show, she is well qualified to point out the aesthetic details.

The Bachelorette Mansion, a gorgeous and gigantic house specifically designed for the show, sits nestled in the mountains of Starlight Shores, far enough from the hustle and bustle of the city for privacy, but close enough to enjoy the wonderful diversions the metropolis has to offer!

And here's our host for the day, Emily Springbrook! A brilliant builder and designer, The Bachelorette's coveted production designer is the envy of reality shows nationwide.
Emily: Oh stop, you're making me blush.

Let's go inside, shall we?

I must ask you to take no flash photography while on the tour. *teehee*
This is the foyer, where Marielle will be meeting the seven bachelors at the beginning of Week 1. The marble tile you see here was imported from Monte Vista specifically for this house. The matching vase is also a priceless import.

Here, to the left of the foyer, we see the study/library; the perfect place for those bachelors who are less inclined toward social activities to find some peace and quiet for their studies. The prominently featured vases were made in Shang Simla during China's Ming dynasty.

And now my personal favourite, the game room and lounge. This is a place for the bachelors to let off some steam in friendly competitions while waiting to go on dates with the bachelorette. Here you will find all kinds of entertainment--foosball, billiards, various arcade games, a jukebox, a television, a chess table, and of course a juice bar.

The living room is an elegant place to relax, with the grand piano, dominoes table, and plenty of comfortable seating. Notice the charming Renaissance paintings.

We pass through the dining room before reaching the kitchen. You will notice that all along the back wall there are stunning views of the landscaping outside. The dining room is cosy yet open with its elegant fireplace and arches lining the walls.

Here behold the enormous gourmet kitchen, the dream of any chef! Provided here is everything you could possibly need to whip up an impressive and delicious meal, including gleaming twin ovens. You will notice it also comes pre-stocked with nectar!

Opposite the kitchen lies the comfortable yet tastefully decorated 'family room'. This is a more casual place to relax, enjoy some television, and perhaps visit with those in the kitchen.

Before we go upstairs, allow me to show you the luxurious back garden.

There are two comfortable seating areas, arranged to encourage conversation.

There is a full complement of outdoor activities, including a dazzling swimming pool, full juice cocktail bar, hot tub, lounge chairs, and outdoor cooking and dining areas. Everything has been exquisitely landscaped to enhance the beauty of the experience for all involved.

As we head upstairs, take note of the open loft area. This is the perfect place to relax and still be in the centre of things! You'll find all you could desire to entertain you here: an easel for artistic pursuits, a telescope for celestial ones, a vintage gramophone for the musically inclined, hundreds of books to peruse, television and of course, seating designed for conversation. There is even a desk should you desire to sit and write or work. All of it is decorated in the most tasteful manner and has breathtaking views from the window-lined walls.

One of the first doors off the loft leads to the in-house gym. It contains all the most modern exercise equipment, from treadmills to pull-up bars to snowboards. There are compartments to keep clothes and fitness accoutrements as well.

Here is what we affectionately call the 'bunk room'. This is where the bachelors will spend their stay in the mansion. It's rather empty now but see how it fills up once they arrive with their personal belongings in tow!

Last but certainly not least, let's sneak a peek into the bachelorette's room. This will be Marielle's sanctuary during her stay in the mansion. Everything was designed to ease the transition from Moonlight Falls to Starlight Shores.

These doors lead to the bachelorette's en-suite master bath. Normally I don't show off bathrooms, but I'm just too proud of this one not to!

It's difficult to see from this angle, but there is a small television screen just above the bathtub.

Again, everything is arranged for perfect elegance and comfort.

I do hope you've enjoyed this tour as much as I enjoyed giving it. We hope that the bachelors and bachelorette will enjoy their stay in The Bachelorette Mansion.

Jump to Bachelor Update: Nathaniel.

By samoht04

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #204 on: March 19, 2013, 04:19:48 AM »
That house is beautiful. Did you build it yourself? :)
(I myself have a number of different personality sides but I don't know if I could count them...one day I will though^^)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #205 on: March 19, 2013, 04:33:12 AM »
That house is beautiful. Did you build it yourself? :)
(I myself have a number of different personality sides but I don't know if I could count them...one day I will though^^)

Oh no no no! I mentioned it earlier in the posts, but this gorgeous mansion is all intl_incident's work. Talk about an amazing builder!

By samoht04

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #206 on: March 19, 2013, 05:14:39 AM »
Simply gorgeous! Woah  :o

Glad to hear your game is behaving better, Rosa!  :)

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
« Reply #207 on: March 19, 2013, 06:57:55 AM »
Absolutely stunning!

I wish I could build like that! Usually, I just build modern homes for my sims. I would rather have them live in something like this though! I loved the outdoor area the most, especially that pool.
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
Hahaha, you mean my craziness? Is that the thing you considered?
Actually, I considered the meta joke of my own. You know, the one you responded to with the devil horned smiley, but I don't think anyone else has really pieced together yet? Somebody came close though.

And I love the mansion! If I'm building something, my sims usually end up in shacks like a bunch of suckers.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #209 on: March 19, 2013, 08:30:00 AM »
I'm speechless when I look this update, Rosa ;D
Keep it up! Can't wait to see next update.

(Rosa Sim... Hmm, I just wonder. Is that your Simself? *just guess* :P)

And I love the mansion! If I'm building something, my sims usually end up in shacks like a bunch of suckers.

I guess that I'm not alone here. Me too, when it come to building just *facepalm*. I wish that I can build something like that in the future...
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)