Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 535843 times)

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Episode 1 Part VII: Talus
« Reply #180 on: March 17, 2013, 05:53:02 PM »
A troll?!?!!?  Not gonna lie, that's pretty cool.  It's an interesting slant on the Shrek idea.  Does Marielle become a troll at night?  Can Midnight be a talking animal to fill the role of Donkey?  "That'll do, Midnight.  That'll do."
I actually didn't think of Shrek at all when I was making him (aside from the picture where it's just him eating his sad, burnt waffles, which was kind of uncanny). Curse you, Dreamworks, having works so ingrained into the pop cultural osmosis that any green guy living by himself is instantly classified as, "The Shrek-Lookin' Guy".  ::) And no, Midnight doesn't talk. He's just your everyday crow.

And if we're going to share our real world inspirations, I actually sort-of-kind-of-will-somebody-please-buy-me-some-new-CDs-this-is-getting-to-be-kind-of-obsessive based his look off of Till Lindemann. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg7dvzQk7h1qb4xmmo1_400.jpg
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
« Reply #181 on: March 17, 2013, 08:31:00 PM »
Ooh...a troll. This is going to be interesting...

Well, apart from being a troll, he is actually a bit of a looker!
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2013, 09:00:50 PM »
We better not tell Drizzelda about the troll. She'd go overboard with some cousin getting on TV. :P
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #183 on: March 17, 2013, 10:18:58 PM »

Oh goodness, I love him already! I can't help it; I always have an affinity for loner sims! Anyway, what a fun bachelor. I think it's cute that his meddlesome little sister is responsible for sending him here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #184 on: March 17, 2013, 10:53:25 PM »
I actually didn't think of Shrek at all when I was making him (aside from the picture where it's just him eating his sad, burnt waffles, which was kind of uncanny). Curse you, Dreamworks, having works so ingrained into the pop cultural osmosis that any green guy living by himself is instantly classified as, "The Shrek-Lookin' Guy".  ::) And no, Midnight doesn't talk. He's just your everyday crow.

And if we're going to share our real world inspirations, I actually sort-of-kind-of-will-somebody-please-buy-me-some-new-CDs-this-is-getting-to-be-kind-of-obsessive based his look off of Till Lindemann. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg7dvzQk7h1qb4xmmo1_400.jpg

It's kind of Inceptiony, considering how saturated in pop culture the movie itself is. If it helps, I didn't think of Shrek at all. He looks totally different to me. And I can't picture him in a mud bath.

He does quite look like Till Lindemann, I must admit. Good job!

Ooh...a troll. This is going to be interesting...

Well, apart from being a troll, he is actually a bit of a looker!

I don't think there's anything about him being a troll that makes him less attractive. He just has green skin (so does Everette) and fangs. I must say, I love his nose.

We better not tell Drizzelda about the troll. She'd go overboard with some cousin getting on TV. :P

He looks nothing like Drizzelda to me. I don't think they're related ;)

Oh goodness, I love him already! I can't help it; I always have an affinity for loner sims! Anyway, what a fun bachelor. I think it's cute that his meddlesome little sister is responsible for sending him here.

I thought that was a nice touch, myself.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Late Afternoon, the Crew Room, Bachelorette Mansion

Della naps.

Rose is reading a book (as usual).

Only Ombra is doing any work.

Ombra: Ugh! Why, EA? Why do I have to wait 30 minutes to get some tech support? I could walk to the nearest game shop by then!

Ombra: Twenty-five minutes. (sigh)

Rose: Rosa's coming. I see her Margaret Vaguester.
Ombra: She got a Vaguester? When? Aw man, why don't I get to have a car like that?
Rose: Probably because you're a production manager and not the producer.
Ombra: Oh. Right.

Rosa strides briskly into the room, looking slightly less than happy.

Rosa: What's going on here?! Are you trying to break The Bachelorette? Get up!

Rosa: We need to get working! Or have you forgotten there is a TV show we are meant to be producing?
Della (yawns, stretches): I'm up, I'm up.

Rosa: At least someone is working.
Ombra: Yep, that's me. Always working.
Rosa: How's it going with EA?
Ombra: Not good. Nothing they suggest has worked yet. And now I have to wait another twenty minutes to talk to yet another advisor.
Rosa: Well, take a break and talk to me for a minute.

Rosa: I appreciate all your hard work, keeping everything running smoothly.
Ombra: Well, trying to, anyway.
Rosa: How is everything else going?

Ombra: It's all right. We've got some really great locations lined up. Just about everything is running smoothly my end, except for the pervasive technical issues.
Rosa: Good, glad to hear it.

Ombra: In fact, some really interesting drama is shaping up between--
Just then, Bella enters.

Rosa: Bella! Just the person I needed to see. How is everything in Public Relations going with mending The Bachelorette's image? With the technical difficulties, our ratings are dropping like crazy!

Bella: Actually, things are looking pretty good! Since Pam featured us on the Facebook page for the Network, we've been getting some new viewership.

Rosa: Mmm, good. Maybe we should offer tickets to watch live filming during the special segments later in the show.
Bella: I think that's a great idea. That's sure to drum up viewer interest.

Bella: Not to mention, we have some bona fide celebrities on the show! Their fans will certainly be watching, if only to see those bachelors compete.
Rosa: Good, good.
Bella: Their participation has encouraged other celebrities to participate too, in a secondary capacity.
Rosa: Wonderful!

Rosa: Come here, Della. Sit down, I need to talk to you for a second.
Della: Okay.
They sit down.

Rosa: How many bachelors do we have now?
Della: Well, there's that proper bloke, Everette Dojo.
Rosa: Yes, of course! I still can't believe we managed to snag him. Go on.

Della: Well, there's the Duke fellow. Leopold Mountbatten.
Rosa: Ah yes, he mentioned the culinary arts. Something about a meal being the result of study.
Della: That's right.

Della: The chap that likes to take long runs on the beach, or something like that, he said.
Rosa: Yes, the Italian, Dominic Marcini. Okay, who else?

Della: That singer, Nathaniel Elysi. Otherwise known as "The Blue Fairy".
Rosa: I remember him. Isn't he Serena Elysi's uncle?
Della: I believe so, ma'am.

Della: Then there's the painter and martial artist Kenshin Daichi.
Rosa: I liked him. He seemed very respectful.
Della: Yes, ma'am.

Della: And finally, Talus of the Trolls.
Rosa: Troll? I've never heard of there being trolls before! Are you sure this is not some big hoax, like the Loch SimNess monster?
Della: Nessie is not a hoax, ma'am. And I'm quite positive Talus is truly a troll. I interviewed him myself.
Rosa: Well, all right then.

Rosa: Wait, what do you mean, finally? We're meant to have seven bachelors! I only counted six!
Della: We only have six right now.
Rosa: Why?
Della: Rose insisted on an even number, ma'am.
Rosa: You can't let Rose make decisions like that! She's far too neurotic! If you start letting her dictate everything, next thing we know we'll all be spending all our time checking sinks and stoves!
Rosa: Just point out to her that with the bachelorette, we'll have eight altogether. That should satisfy her. Eight is her favourite number.
Rosa: And get me another bachelor!

Rosa: We don't want Pam to cancel our show, and it's a distinct possibility if we don't get this thing up and running soon. The show's prospectus says we will have seven bachelors, so seven bachelors we must have!
Della: Yes, ma'am! I'll secure someone appropriate right away.

Rosa: And as for you, Rose--can you put something together? Just anything to keep viewer interest while we're searching for another bachelor.

Rose: Well, I guess I could do something.
Rosa: Good. Glad to hear it.

Readers, please note: Pam gave me permission to use her name and image as network executive in this story. She is not really threatening to cancel The Bachelorette, so please do not campaign her to keep it on the air! Thank you.

Jump to A Tour of The Bachelorette Mansion.

By samoht04

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Man, that's a lot of different aspects. I figured there would be at least three once I realized the naming scheme but that's....six of them?
Plus I love how you're planning this in the background like a real TV show^^

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
I'm torn between giggling and laughing. And yes, there is a difference!

Nice to know that you discovered Nat's stage name.  ;D
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
My interest is seriously piqued now.  ;D Whatever stall tactic ratings raising event could they possibly be planning?  ;)

Also, hope your tech issues get sorted out.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Man, that's a lot of different aspects. I figured there would be at least three once I realized the naming scheme but that's....six of them?
Plus I love how you're planning this in the background like a real TV show^^

Five, actually. In order of appearance: Della, the casting director; Rose, the head writer; Ombra, the production manager; Rosa, the director/producer; and Bella, the publicist. I had to get somewhat creative as I ran out of pieces of my screen name to use! And, as you so astutely pointed out, each represents a different aspect of my personality.

Thank you! I couldn't let that wonderful crew room that intl_incident built into the mansion go to waste!

I'm torn between giggling and laughing. And yes, there is a difference!

Nice to know that you discovered Nat's stage name.  ;D

I know!

Yep ;D

My interest is seriously piqued now.  ;D Whatever stall tactic ratings raising event could they possibly be planning?  ;)

Also, hope your tech issues get sorted out.

This is retroactive. Actually, I hesitate to say anything, because I don't want to jinx it, but--my game appears to be working normally now. I opened, played, and saved my oldest and biggest save: the Callahans. I stopped playing that save months and months ago when it stopped being able to save. So apparently, the changing of the operating system and all the ensuing madness paid off! ;D

And that was the ratings raising event. *scratches head* Rose has a very meta sense of humour. Although if you are going to be expecting something, I suppose I'll have to come up with something now...

By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher

This is retroactive. Actually, I hesitate to say anything, because I don't want to jinx it, but--my game appears to be working normally now. I opened, played, and saved my oldest and biggest save: the Callahans. I stopped playing that save months and months ago when it stopped being able to save. So apparently, the changing of the operating system and all the ensuing madness paid off! ;D

Yeeees! Part-ay--

I mean, y'know, whatever. *Looks around fearfully for the jinx spirits*
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Niana

• Occult
*hides under the covers and peeks at rosa's threads for future updates* no jinxing here  :-X

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
See if you can open the file I sent you? ^^

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Oh, dear. I thought I had enough problems organizing The Mole, and I only had to deal with one of me!  :P

I'm quite impressed with the design of the office, as well.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Yeeees! Part-ay--

I mean, y'know, whatever. *Looks around fearfully for the jinx spirits*

Ha ha ha thanks Azo-chan.

*hides under the covers and peeks at rosa's threads for future updates* no jinxing here  :-X

;D Appreciate it, Niana.

See if you can open the file I sent you? ^^

When I tried, it crashed. I'm going to re-download it and try again.

Oh, dear. I thought I had enough problems organizing The Mole, and I only had to deal with one of me!  :P

I'm quite impressed with the design of the office, as well.

Well, they say if you want a thing done right, do it yourselves ;)

That's intl_incident's good work, that is. Notice the floor--she made it look as though it were covered in mats to protect the home's flooring. Brilliant, I tell you!

By samoht04

anything