Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 544698 times)

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Week 1, Date 3: Sweet Nothings 22/11
« Reply #1680 on: November 23, 2014, 05:12:08 AM »
That date was so romantic it seems hard for any of the other gentlemen to top. I am very curious to see what more you have planned.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Week 1, Date 3: Sweet Nothings 22/11
« Reply #1681 on: November 23, 2014, 12:47:28 PM »
Aw! That's it – I officially love Leopold, haha. Can't wait for the next installment :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1682 on: November 23, 2014, 01:09:20 PM »
Awwwwww.

Can't wait to see it topped by another bachelor, if it is, that is!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1683 on: November 23, 2014, 03:40:34 PM »
Ohhhh that was so cute! I don't know if Leo's exactly right for Marielle, but he's certainly a likable gentleman.

I can't wait to find out what's going to happen in the next update!

Edit: If I've got my timeline right, it should be the Rose Ceremony! Unless it's wrapping up the date.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1684 on: November 24, 2014, 06:20:53 AM »
That date was so romantic it seems hard for any of the other gentlemen to top. I am very curious to see what more you have planned.

Thank you! I was excited about the theme of this date but even I had no idea it was going to be so romantic. I think in the first week I have provided quite a variety of "feels" of dates. I plan to continue in that vein! Marielle is game for just about anything and the show is going to put her and her suitors through quite a variety of experiences.

Aw! That's it – I officially love Leopold, haha. Can't wait for the next installment :)

The first one-on-one date has been a rousing success, in my opinion, in that it has allowed both Marielle and the audience to get to know and like Leopold better.

Awwwwww.

Can't wait to see it topped by another bachelor, if it is, that is!

We shall see! Not even I know what the future holds!

Ohhhh that was so cute! I don't know if Leo's exactly right for Marielle, but he's certainly a likable gentleman.

I can't wait to find out what's going to happen in the next update!

Edit: If I've got my timeline right, it should be the Rose Ceremony! Unless it's wrapping up the date.

He is indeed incredibly likable.

I am actually going to wrap up the date first, and then on to the pre-Rose Ceremony hoopla. The date wrap-up was something else that I have to reshoot, so it's going to be a little bit.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline audbooh

• she/her
  • Llama Wrangler
  • lurking in the shadows
« Reply #1685 on: January 02, 2015, 05:28:03 PM »
That was so romatic. Now, I'm not usually a romantic girl, but that was sweet.

The Rose Ceremony! There's a lot of hoopaloopa going on there. All that excitement and worry that your not going to make it. You've done an amazing job at this story.

I can't wait. At all. This is awesome!

I can't wait for the ceremony
This is just like a morning melody.

Audbooh
unapologetic lover of romance, period pieces, and angsty pretty boys

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1686 on: January 18, 2015, 01:01:39 AM »
That was so romatic. Now, I'm not usually a romantic girl, but that was sweet.

The Rose Ceremony! There's a lot of hoopaloopa going on there. All that excitement and worry that your not going to make it. You've done an amazing job at this story.

I can't wait. At all. This is awesome!

I can't wait for the ceremony
This is just like a morning melody.

Audbooh

Thanks @audbooh! (Testing out the new notifications system, did it work?) I'm sorry everyone for not posting for so long on here. I've had some crazy stuff going on in real life that has kept me sufficiently distracted from Sims to not be ready to post. Add that to the fact that Mr Rosa is home a lot more right now (his holiday hours at work are over and he's still not started the new term at uni) and I have not had access to the computer very much! I hope that when he goes back to classes I'll be able to spend more time on the computer so I can get those chapters out!

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1687 on: January 22, 2015, 12:04:53 PM »
Looking forward to those new chapters, my friend!

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #1688 on: January 31, 2015, 11:22:42 PM »
Totally, it was an awesome and romantic date, and the best till date. Go Leopold. Looking forward for the next ceremony(rose, i guess).
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline Jocboos

• blanket bundle
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Yes I really am a twin. Other twin: audbooh
That was so romantic. Now, usually I'm not the one for Leopold, but that was very polite of him. I have to say, he may be one of my favourites now. Good of luck for the rose ceremony!
"You were fantastic, and you know what? So was I." - The 9th Doctor

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now
« Reply #1690 on: August 19, 2015, 12:12:07 AM »
My darling readers,

It is with no small sadness that I note it has been nine months since last I posted an instalment to this story. That time frame is curiously appropriate, because the distraction that kept me away was my pregnancy and the birth of my daughter, who is now two months old. I kept thinking I would get back to my beloved Bachelorette but as of yet, it has not happened. And if I thought being pregnant took a lot, I didn't realise how much more having a baby in the house would require of me!

It has been two and a half years since I started posting this story, after many months of working on it in preproduction. One of the last things I said was that I have to see it through. I am still loathe to let it go, but I hate to keep you all hanging on when I don't know when I'll work on it. At this point I am unsure how to proceed. My bachelor sponsors did not sign up to wait so long. Several of them don't seem to frequent this forum anymore. The Bachelorette was intended to be an interactive story, and I'm not sure what to do when the other players stop playing. I am open to suggestions. I'm not sure how many people are still reading, but this story has always been for you. I can't post now, but if you have ideas about the missing sponsors I would love to hear them.

If I do stop writing this story, then I apologise to each of you. I'm so sorry to pull you in and not give the payoff. It was never my intention. I found out that an interactive story is much harder than it first appeared! Please accept my sincere and humble apologies. :(

By samoht04

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
Oh my that is quite life altering indeed. I can understand really wanting to finish up, but you have nothing to be sorry about. You introduced to us a wonderful story, and even if it ends here I am truly am glad that I got to experience this. Life can surely get a wee bit hectic sometimes, so just know that surely no one here will blame you if you decide you need to come away from this. I'm sorry I don't really have any suggestions as to what to do about the bachelor sponsors besides offering to help if I can. But other than that just enjoy motherhood and I wish you all the best!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Dear Rosa, I think we would all rather have you getting in time with your real nooboo rather than worrying about entertaining us with pixel people.  Your stories and your writing are wonderful, and have certainly been missed, but real life must be the priority.
If you decide you have the time to continue this in balance with the rest of your life, my suggestion would be to take it from this point forward with the full group interactions of Marielle and the bachelors based on the Sims' freewill.  Individual dates could still involve the bachelor sponsors who are still around.  Individual dates for bachelors without active sponsors could be freewill.  (Or, of course, you could always just name Everette Dojo the winner since I have no clear favorites)  Now go use the snuggle and play with interactions with your nooboo  ;=)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
From what I've observed, an interactive story is a lot of work for anyone, let alone someone with a new tiny human. :P

Obviously, I will miss the story but I totally understand. And I hope you're having a good time with the baby!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8
« Reply #1694 on: August 21, 2015, 03:12:16 PM »
So that explains where you got to  :).  Make the most of your daughter's babyhood - it goes past incredibly quickly, at least in retrospect.  I know everyone says that but it's still true.

If you decide to come back to The Bachelorette at some point, I expect some of us will still be there.  If not, it probably wasn't all that important after all :-\.

anything