Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 535844 times)

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Episode 1 Part VI: Kenshin
« Reply #165 on: March 16, 2013, 01:26:33 PM »
My My Rosa you have been busy!!

Too much has happened for me to try to insert quotes. I will say that I know exactly what you mean when you reference Monica and Chandler, Peregrine.

All the bachelors are awesome. I am trying my best to ignore my love for Hugh Jackman and give all the guys a fair chance. But it will be hard because I loved Wolverine since the comics and Jackman was the best metal swinging, self-healing grumpy man-beast ever!  :P

Ahem... Sorry...

OK so Everette is such a sweetie and I think I was about to fall in love with him. I think that she would have a great time with him. Him being married before has it's pros and cons. Pro that he has done this before and would have a better idea of where to NOT screw up. Con in that he's way more experienced than Marielle. He'll run the risk of getting bored because he would have 'been there, done that' kinda thng. But they have a strong chance overall in my opinion.

I have nothing much to say about the Duke accept *Swoon.* He can make me nectar anytime.
Ok ok, at first I was like, oh he's so hot, but will she really enjoy having to be all noble and stuff? And is he 'Knight in Shining Armor' enough for her? But then reading further he's really just as down to earth and she is. He just happens to be a Duke. And how can one not want to look at him everyday for the rest of her life. And let's not forget those awesome dance moves!

Strangely, I found Dom to be a good match for her because he's just a simple round the town kind of guy. Someone she'd run in to while looking for glowing mushrooms. But he seems like hasn't explored much on the planet SIM because he's been surfing the galaxy. I think Marielle would enjoy exposing him to some new things. And they could explore new things together as well. How exciting.

I was cracking up over Nathaniel. Awesome job Azokka. Can I call him Nate? He seems so much fun. I mean he's not arrogant at all! And loves his family and wants to have a good time. I just imagine him doing that two hand snap and point gesture then saying "alriiighht" all the time. He seems like he would be so much fun to hang out with. They'd be a fun and hot couple for the paparazzi, but I can't see her being Mrs Nate. I think when the fun is over she may devour him. ( ;) )

Which brings me to Kenshin. Last but clearly not least. I mean he's just total hunky-hotness all wrapped up in a nice disciplined sushi roll. He's got the moves, he's sweet, he's sensitive, loves his family. He's so perfect. And is a completely clean slate! No experience with women and is open to learning about the compassion of a woman. He has mastered everything else and who else but Marielle to train him on the ways of the delicate flower?  ;D

Alright that's it folks. My voluntary two cents on the eye candy. Man I am so glad I don't have to make this decision - mathematically or otherwise. Great job Rosa and sponsors. I am so glad that your computer is doing better. Till next time. Hopefully it won't be another two weeks.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #166 on: March 16, 2013, 04:18:13 PM »
Very well put together summerisation PlatnumDymnd.  I think *swoon* works for all of them.

And Pippin a "bagman" has totally negative connotations here in Oz.  He's usually the 'moneyman' for the mob who pays and/or takes bribes.  Not something that I think sits easy on your shoulders.  Here, you'd be known as a 'bookie'.  But I'm not ready to place my bet just yet.  ;)
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #167 on: March 16, 2013, 05:24:30 PM »
Wow! I love long comments! I'm so super happy right now! Okay, addressing.

Ah, you saw through my disguise. I suppose I am not as good of an impersonator as I think I am.  :P

The comment stands for itself, of course.  ;)

Muahaha I caught you.

The term "bagman" always makes me think of a hobo superhero.
Well, that was somewhat lengthy despite my efforts to be concise.  At any rate, that's my logic and that's why those are my frontrunners.

Not going to quote the whole thing again, but let me say: Wow. I'm afraid you understand my characters better than I do! I tend to take a very intuitive approach to character development (I am an Intuitive, after all--you Myers-Briggs fans will get that). I mostly get a feel for them one way or another. In the case of Marielle, I just pulled her out of my head and set about making her real. Well, as real as a Sim is. Which is very real to all of us. She was very established in my head by the time she got to the Mole, but I have been adding to her since, basically just exploring other parts of her personality and so on. In the case of the bachelors, I take what resources I have to get them "into my head" as much as possible. I do this by reading what the sponsors write about them, exploring any other media that has to do with them (The Dojo Dynasty and Kate & Leopold, for example), and asking probing questions to get more about them. I will also take note of how they behave in the game. Having an analysis is wonderful, like the "Aha!" moment I enjoy when I take a personality test and confirm that I am, indeed, a Ravenclaw. Just as an example. Only more discovery-ish.

Don't worry that it's too long, in fact if you like I would love to read your take on any and all of the bachelors. You could PM it to both me and the sponsor so they can confirm if that is the feeling they had for the bachelor. That would be amazing and really help me write them better.

Hobo superhero. Haha brilliant image. Not what I meant at all.

My My Rosa you have been busy!!
Alright that's it folks. My voluntary two cents on the eye candy. Man I am so glad I don't have to make this decision - mathematically or otherwise. Great job Rosa and sponsors. I am so glad that your computer is doing better. Till next time. Hopefully it won't be another two weeks.

Again with the not quoting. I really appreciate this rundown on all the bachelors as well. I agree with Magz that it is a really great summarisation of each of the bachelors' strengths and weaknesses. I must agree whole-heartedly with your assessment of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, and I applaud your ability to still give an objective view of all the bachelors. As far as calling Nathaniel "Nate", here it is in azokka's own words: "he prefers to be called "Nathaniel," (it's his stage name, you can't mess with it) but his lady friends can call him whatever they like!" Since you are a lady, I assume you qualify. Is that gesture and ability in The Sims 3? I totally need to see him do that now. Also them climbing out of a limo trying to get in to some building and being chased by paparazzi. Yes, yes *rubs hands together* Sushi roll. I'm dying! I feel like I'm reading reviews of the show. This is brilliant.

Yeah, no envy for being the one to have to get rid of any of these guys! It's going to be fun to play though, I'll tell you that.

Very well put together summerisation PlatnumDymnd.  I think *swoon* works for all of them.

And Pippin a "bagman" has totally negative connotations here in Oz.  He's usually the 'moneyman' for the mob who pays and/or takes bribes.  Not something that I think sits easy on your shoulders.  Here, you'd be known as a 'bookie'.  But I'm not ready to place my bet just yet.  ;)

Amen to that! Swoon is highly applicable here.

Ah, you know, I knew there were multiple connotations, and I thought of the term bookie too, I just can't come up with anything that doesn't sound bad! I don't mean it in a bad way at all.

Magz is right, we still have two great bachelors coming right up! (you know, but not right this second.)

Edit: Oh, and one more thing, Platnum--did you ask if Leopold is "Knight in Shining Armour" enough? How's this for a knight in shining armour?

Well actually, the Heroic Pose looks a lot more cowboy than knight. But you get the idea.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2013, 12:00:09 AM »
I notice about "We Bah Yoo" in your post. I'm watching you... :P
You must be really like that song, eh ;) ?

I really enjoyed reading this. I can't say more. I am amazed.
I can't wait to see what happen next :)
Good luck, Rosa and thank you!
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2013, 12:36:11 AM »
I notice about "We Bah Yoo" in your post. I'm watching you... :P
You must be really like that song, eh ;) ?

I really enjoyed reading this. I can't say more. I am amazed.
I can't wait to see what happen next :)
Good luck, Rosa and thank you!

I really do. When it comes on the radio my husband says, "It's your song!" But he doesn't know it's really supposed to be in Simlish ;)

I'm so glad you are enjoying the story!

By samoht04

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2013, 01:17:10 AM »
Aah! I've just realised something crazy!!

Dominic looks like...GEORGE MICHAEL!
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #171 on: March 17, 2013, 01:45:03 AM »
Now, how the heck are we supposed to compete with that?
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #172 on: March 17, 2013, 08:32:05 AM »
Wow! That's crazy! Was Dom based off of him, or did that just happen?

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #173 on: March 17, 2013, 10:16:47 AM »
Rosa - Now I can truly say, It's raining men, Hallelujah, it's raining men! Thank you for yet another amazing update. I am so excited to meet our final 2 bachelors and see how they stack up next to those we've already met. Everyone has put so much hard work and effort into their guys, I'd hate for any of them to be sent home. That being said, I do have a favorite but I think I'll keep it to myself for right now.

Random question time:

1. Will you be explaining how your algorithm works? I'd love to know how Marielle will be making her final decision when it comes to deciding who leaves the competition. I have a theory on how you might use math to figure it out but I don't want to say anything if you were planning on keeping that a secret.

2. I was laughing so hard when I read the Pyro's post comparing Dom to George Michael. We already know that Leo is based on that triple threat of an Australian so I was thinking that it might be pretty cool to see a side-by-side picture of Leo & Hugh Jackman. Then I thought, What about side-by-side pictures of ALL of the bachelors with pictures of either their RL inspiration OR someone we think could be their RL twin? It wouldn't have to be done now because I wouldn't want to interrupt the flow of the show...but maybe in the future?
Tenshin - A Bachelorette Bromance =)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #174 on: March 17, 2013, 02:19:38 PM »
Aah! I've just realised something crazy!!

Dominic looks like...GEORGE MICHAEL!

Indeed, that is an uncanny resemblance.

Now, how the heck are we supposed to compete with that?

Hahahaha.

Wow! That's crazy! Was Dom based off of him, or did that just happen?

I'd be curious to know the same thing.

Rosa - Now I can truly say, It's raining men, Hallelujah, it's raining men! Thank you for yet another amazing update. I am so excited to meet our final 2 bachelors and see how they stack up next to those we've already met. Everyone has put so much hard work and effort into their guys, I'd hate for any of them to be sent home. That being said, I do have a favorite but I think I'll keep it to myself for right now.

Random question time:

1. Will you be explaining how your algorithm works? I'd love to know how Marielle will be making her final decision when it comes to deciding who leaves the competition. I have a theory on how you might use math to figure it out but I don't want to say anything if you were planning on keeping that a secret.

2. I was laughing so hard when I read the Pyro's post comparing Dom to George Michael. We already know that Leo is based on that triple threat of an Australian so I was thinking that it might be pretty cool to see a side-by-side picture of Leo & Hugh Jackman. Then I thought, What about side-by-side pictures of ALL of the bachelors with pictures of either their RL inspiration OR someone we think could be their RL twin? It wouldn't have to be done now because I wouldn't want to interrupt the flow of the show...but maybe in the future?

Yes indeed! One more is coming now! I think you will find him truly unique. And thank you for the compliment, at this point most of the work has been done by the sponsors. So give the sponsors a big round of applause, everyone! They took most of the screenshots, created these wonderful characters, and wrote the introductions (although I may have added a bit here and there, hopefully it blends so well that you can't tell!) They have definitely done a wonderful job and certainly invested much time and effort into their creations. I do thank you for keeping your favourite under your hat for the time being.

Random question answers!

1. No. It's a secret *secretive grin* But I will tell you again that it is based on a number of different factors to try to reach all aspects of the complicated and wonderful thing we call love. Come to think of it, Aurum Alchimia might like to make use of such an algorithm as well. Trying to define love mathematically is just her style. Feel free to PM me your theory, but I will thank you not to mention it to anyone else. Thank you.

2. Triple threat? More like...well anyway, we won't get into my adoration of Hugh Jackman here. Sure, sponsors could do that if they want. I think that those who have bachelors with unusual skin colours might have a difficult time finding matches, though.

Oh that gives me an idea! When all the bachelors are up I want to use PrincessMimi's idea to make a short post of their stats. I just decided how to fit it into "Current Information" without taking too much space! I will put it under a spoiler! Yay, okay, that's happy-making.

By the way, I want to toot my own horn here a bit and point out that the introduction picture for each bachelor is based on the actual show The Bachelorette. You can see an example of such a video here on YouTube. The shot in question is between 0:04 and 0:06. I spent an hour getting it right, so I want to point it out so you can all properly appreciate it. ;D

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Episode 1 Part VII: Talus
« Reply #175 on: March 17, 2013, 02:20:47 PM »

Deepest Greetings. My name is Talus. I am a troll.

I am under the impression that not many of you are aware of the existence of trolls, which is understandable. Not only are faeries and other folk only recently starting to come out (even the mermaids are rumoured to soon reveal themselves), but trolls are very much night creatures, mostly in the sense that there is a strong aversion to the sun with my kind.

And no, I have never lived under a bridge, or fought a goat. People have been asking me that a lot recently, and for the life of me, I have not the faintest idea why.

What is my hometown? Well, you could say that I have two. My first hometown is Aurora Skies. It is a beautiful land, with such beautiful night skies. I live there with my mother, Lady Idris and my younger sister, Rosenrot.

My mother is revered throughout the Court as one of the oldest and wisest of the fey, and has accumulated many stories over the centuries.

My sister . . . is still very much a child. She wishes to be considered an adult, but she can be very caught up in herself and has very flighty, fanciful ideas about life. It can be frustrating at times, and I hope that she grows out of it soon.

I also have my crow friend, Midnight. I found him a few years ago in the winter, and he quickly became my familiar.

My second home is in Hidden Springs. And as beautiful as Aurora Skies is, I must confess that Hidden Springs is better suited for me. Or at least the situation is. You see, the reason that I often travel to Hidden Springs is because I work as a courier for my mother and the Court, delivering messages and packages between the two lands.

I live alone, with only Midnight for company, and there is not much in the way of social functions or gatherings, at which I have always felt uncomfortable.  It is a much more calm experience here, essentially, and I have much more time to myself, which I dedicate to gardening, fishing, and my alchemy.

It is absolutely impossible for me to explain in full how much I love my craft. I have dedicated many centuries to it, practicing wherever and whenever possible, having made many contributions.

For instance, I have mentioned that trolls have an aversion to sunlight. You see, that is because the sun has this nasty habit of turning us to stone.

(Do not fret, it only lasts until nightfall.)

Yet through my alchemy, I was able to create an elixir to shield ourselves against the sun’s rays. Even though the daylight is still uncomfortable, no harm comes after the elixir is consumed. This led to my most well-known contribution: Vampiric Sunscreen. My Lifetime Wish of Alchemy Artistan is fulfilled, and I have built a successful career for myself out of my skills.

I have always found myself as a loner, content with my solitude for years, but the funny thing about solitude are the thoughts that always accompany you.

Recently, I have been plagued by a rather troubling one; in spite of my reserved ways, am I finding myself . . . lonely? I have my family, and Midnight, but I have recently had this nagging feeling that I am needing something more, something deeper.

My mother has vaguely described what I feel I need as a “Companion,” and mentioned something about “picking up strays”, which only left me deeply confused.

Midnight is my companion that I found wandering around outside, but I highly doubt that that is what my mother means.

Luckily for me (or so she insists), Rosenrot was ever kind enough to explain it as, “Get a girlfriend, you dummy!” and then proceeded to sign me up for this without my knowledge.

Rosen, you are still but a child, and give as like responses, and this is your most frustrating scheme yet (you know that I do not do well in groups!), but you may be on to a sliver of an idea with this . . .

Sponsored by Gwendy.

Jump to Interlude: Trouble at the Mansion.

By samoht04

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #176 on: March 17, 2013, 02:32:45 PM »
A troll?!?!!?  Not gonna lie, that's pretty cool.  It's an interesting slant on the Shrek idea.  Does Marielle become a troll at night?  Can Midnight be a talking animal to fill the role of Donkey?  "That'll do, Midnight.  That'll do."

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #177 on: March 17, 2013, 03:51:15 PM »
"That'll do, Midnight.  That'll do."

Lol.  Great update and thanks Gwendy for such an interesting bacherlor.  Good luck Marielle!  I hope that algorithm works because it'll be hard to choose.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Episode 1 Part VII: Talus
« Reply #178 on: March 17, 2013, 03:55:51 PM »
And no, I have never lived under a bridge, or fought a goat. People have been asking me that a lot recently, and for the life of me, I have not the faintest idea why.

How long did it take to get that screenshot?  ;D

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2013, 04:11:33 PM »
A troll?!?!!?  Not gonna lie, that's pretty cool.  It's an interesting slant on the Shrek idea.  Does Marielle become a troll at night?  Can Midnight be a talking animal to fill the role of Donkey?  "That'll do, Midnight.  That'll do."

That's what my husband said! He looked at Talus and said, "He looks like a skinny Shrek." Personally, I think he's much more handsome than Shrek. But that is a funny story idea.  I laughed out loud at "That'll do, Midnight. That'll do."

Lol.  Great update and thanks Gwendy for such an interesting bacherlor.  Good luck Marielle!  I hope that algorithm works because it'll be hard to choose.

It will! I hope it works too, I have yet to test it  ???

How long did it take to get that screenshot?  ;D

Ha ha! Yes, you appreciate the difficulty. I had to use testing cheats to make it foggy outside. The hard part was capturing the right speech bubble and expression at the same time. It took, oh, about fifteen tries :D

By samoht04