Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 544812 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Week 1, Date 3: Dinner, Part I
« Reply #1635 on: April 10, 2014, 02:12:59 AM »
I hadn't quite thought of it that way.  Great description :D.

Haha, thanks! That is what came to mind.

Hello, I just wanted to say I have been reading the forum for a little while now, but it was your story that drew me in to register an account! I'm only on page 7 or 8, but the story rules were really fun, and the replicating of all The Bachelorette's little details e.g. introduction banner, was so funny! I really liked your attention to detail and just the imagination that goes into description... even the house tour "ming vase from Sha Simla" hahaha! I hope I get a chance to submit a Sim for any role (even a small one) in the future, or for another story. But I will keep reading~

Thank you for writing and sharing your story  :D
I hope this post is ok, it's my first post on the forum.

I love this comment so much! It is so sweet to see that your very first post was here on my story. I am humbled and honoured. I hope it will be the first of many as you enjoy what the Forum has to offer. I especially appreciate your attention to my details. Those introduction banners were challenging, and it's nice to be recognised for them! This story is my baby (whew, I suppose that makes me something of a neglectful mother!  :-\) and I put a lot of myself into it. I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying it. I hope you continue to do so!

You're welcome, and this post is delightful. :D
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Jocboos

• blanket bundle
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Yes I really am a twin. Other twin: audbooh
« Reply #1636 on: April 11, 2014, 04:45:09 PM »
Go Kenshin! I really want a Kenshin thing like other people have on their signature but I don't know how to. Can anyone help me with this?  Thanks
"You were fantastic, and you know what? So was I." - The 9th Doctor

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #1637 on: April 11, 2014, 06:26:06 PM »
Go Kenshin! I really want a Kenshin thing like other people have on their signature but I don't know how to. Can anyone help me with this?  Thanks

The link to the post with all the banners is here. Just quote Rosa's post, copy the url for Kenshin's banner, and paste it into your signature. Thanks for the support!  :D

Offline Jocboos

• blanket bundle
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Yes I really am a twin. Other twin: audbooh
« Reply #1638 on: April 12, 2014, 04:37:13 PM »

The link to the post with all the banners is here. Just quote Rosa's post, copy the url for Kenshin's banner, and paste it into your signature. Thanks for the support!  :D

No Audren thank you for telling me. Wait... now i'm not sure who to vote for. No! Kenshin for the win! It worked!!!
"You were fantastic, and you know what? So was I." - The 9th Doctor

Offline audbooh

• she/her
  • Llama Wrangler
  • lurking in the shadows
« Reply #1639 on: April 12, 2014, 05:33:24 PM »
I loved the chapter! It was amazing. Hope some of the other bachelors ( Dimitri) gets a chance to shine! I can't wait for the next chapter
unapologetic lover of romance, period pieces, and angsty pretty boys

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1640 on: April 21, 2014, 12:27:38 PM »

No Audren thank you for telling me. Wait... now i'm not sure who to vote for. No! Kenshin for the win! It worked!!!

Thanks Audren for helping out! Jocboos, welcome and I'm glad you're here.

I loved the chapter! It was amazing. Hope some of the other bachelors ( Dimitri) gets a chance to shine! I can't wait for the next chapter

Oh, I'm sure they'll all get to the spotlight in time! I try to have them take turns. And wait no longer, because here it is!

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Week 1, Date 3: Dinner, Part II
« Reply #1641 on: April 21, 2014, 12:28:26 PM »
Marielle: To finish answering your question, I was saying that I love my sister's books. But it's not just because she's my sister, you know--she's really an excellent author. She has the soul of a poet.
Leopold: Ah, your family must be fairly overflowing with talent!
Marielle: Well, thank you.

Leopold:  I generally read authors or themes.  I have to admit to developing a secret lust for techno-thrillers although I avidly read the whodunits and I’m working my way through the "100 Books to Read before you Die” list.  Have you read Gone with the Wind?
Marielle: Well yes, I have. I was rather young at the time. Perhaps too young to really grasp some of the themes. I recall being swept away by the romance of it all. Not romance in the modern sense, you understand, but in the old one--something fascinating, mysterious, strangely beautiful. I tend to shy away from graphic descriptions of gore on the battlefield. Gone With the Wind provided a look at the war with what I considered more of a relatable approach.

Leopold:  Gore doesn’t appeal to me either, so I was happy with that aspect of the book.  I’m curious though, which heroine did you feel you could relate mostly with?
Marielle: It's somewhat difficult to say. In a way, I want to identify with Melanie for her innate goodness and gentle nature but I have to admit that I relate more to Scarlett for her passion, her determination and her love for her family.
Leopold:  Fascinating.  Most people forget that Scarlett did almost everything she did, not out of greed or spite, but out of love.  She was capricious in the beginning, certainly, but when the going got tough, she did everything she could to take care of the one person whose good opinion she craved most--Melanie.

Nina: Would you folks care for any dessert? I can bring the dessert cart, if you like?
Leopold: Marielle? Would you care for dessert?
Marielle: Oh yes, please!

[

Leopold: Yes, please do.

Nina: Just let me take your dishes and I'll be right back with that then.

Marielle: So, how have you done catching up on the news of the past one hundred forty years?

Leopold: Oh, it has been so much to take in, but so fascinating! The fact that there are, at this point in time, Sims in space! In my day, I could never have imagined--well, perhaps I could have imagined it, but I certainly didn't think I would live to see it!

Nina: Here are the desserts on offer for tonight:

Nina: We have Key lime pie, summer dessert pizza, cheese danish, cobbler in a variety of fruit flavours, pumpkin pie, yoghurt parfait, and a delightful triple chocolate brownie.
Marielle: Does the cobbler come in Plasma fruit?
Nina: Yes, it does.
Marielle: Then I'll have that.
Leopold: And I'll have the Key lime pie, it looks delightfully refreshing!
Nina: Thank you. I'll be right back.

Marielle and Leopold continue to discuss current events, as well as art.

Nina: Here you are, please enjoy your dessert!
Marielle: We will, thank you!

Marielle: My, this just looks delicious.
Leopold: As does mine. You know what they say, a light dessert to compliment a rich or heavy dinner. As such, the light, fresh citrus is perfect to follow the rich tomato sauce.

Marielle:  I’m sure you didn’t expect the world to go nuclear in such a short time.
Leopold:  I’m interested in all advances in science.  Nuclear medicine is helping in the fight against cancers and that’s a good thing but, in my opinion, nations arming themselves to the point of Mutually Assured Destruction, is aptly named MAD because it seems, well . . . madness.
Marielle:  I agree!  Nuclear medicine is a wonderful medical breakthrough that came out of such awful weapons of mass destruction.

Leopold:  I much prefer the advances in theatre.  While I did enjoy the opera’s and Shakespeare’s plays of my time, the advent of light opera and musicals is more my type of entertainment.  For every car chase and shoot-out movie my friend Chris drags me to, I make him watch a musical.
Marielle:  That seems fair.  Chris sounds like a lot of guys I know.  Which musicals did you like best?

Leopold:  Actually, all of them.  My favourite so far is My Fair Lady.  While Rex Harrison wasn’t much of a singer, I don’t think his performance detracted from the show.
Marielle:  Oh, My Fair Lady! Oh, it's delightful. The music is beautiful and I love the story. Are you familiar with anything else by Lerner and Loewe?
Leopold:  I saw their Brigadoon.  I enjoyed that one.
Marielle:  Oh, I loved Brigadoon!  What’s your favourite song from Brigadoon?

Leopold:  That's a tough question but I think I liked “Almost Like Being in Love” the most. 
Marielle:  I like that one too, but I prefer Nat King Cole’s version over Gene Kelly’s.
Leopold:  I agree.  Any song by Nat King Cole is first class.

Leopold: Speaking of music, this music in here really adds to the atmosphere!
Marielle: It is really lovely!

Nina: I'll just take these plates for you.
Leopold: Thank you.
Marielle: Thank you, Nina.

Leopold: Well, that was a delightful meal.
Marielle: I quite agree.

And whatever shall they do now that dinner is done? Click here to find out!

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Brigadoon?!?  So impressed with that choice!  Maybe not as impressed as Nina is with Leopold, but still  ;=)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Cool update! I love Leopold.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
It's nice to see that the two of them can discuss books and musicals together, though shared interests have a way of making couples think that it's all they need.

I like the food carriage! Or whatever you'd call the cart of desserts. Is that some Store content I missed, or CC, or just creative use of some misc. carriage?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
I like the food carriage! Or whatever you'd call the cart of desserts.

Yeah, the food carriage blew me away! Rosa, if you did what I think you did to get it like that, just for those shots, you have WAY more patience and dedication than I ever thought possible. *hands you giant gold star*
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
That was a superb scene!  I loved their discussion and that shot of the cart is phenomenal!

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
Such a great romantic dinner scene to see. And very amazed to see the dessert trolley. Actually, how did you do it? Can't wait for next date scene.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
Oh that was wonderful. I loved their conversation, and I also have to jump on the praise band wagon for that dessert cart. I can't wait to see what happens next on the date.

Offline Banana Bender

• Llama Wrangler
Oh that was wonderful. I loved their conversation, and I also have to jump on the praise band wagon for that dessert cart. I can't wait to see what happens next on the date.

Me too!  I'm surprised at the depth of their conversation.  Brigadoon, wow!  That brings back old memeories.  I think the Nat King Cole version of the song was in Groundhog Day for the younger readers who have probably never heard of Brigadoon

@ Melancholy_anju, the date isn't over yet, so for us Leopold supporters, let us still enjoy our day in the sun.  Talus will get his turn.