Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 544745 times)

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Interlude: A Cover
« Reply #1590 on: February 22, 2014, 09:57:01 PM »
My apologies, I thought it would be redundant to explain seeing as someone else used the same acronym (And explained it), despite their typo.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Week 1 Date 3: Les Misérables
« Reply #1591 on: March 08, 2014, 01:46:13 AM »
Marielle: This won't be like the blow-'em-up stuff your friend Chris likes--I'm actually impressed you like musicals, not that many guys do!
Leopold: Well, I'm not like many guys.

Marielle: Ooh, it's starting!

Marielle: Oh my goodness! That was . . . incredible. Heartwrenching, really.

Leopold: Shall we go?
Marielle: Oh, I always stay until the credits are over. (laughing) It's a curiosity of mine.
Leopold: Then I don't mind staying.

Marielle: There. Now we can go. I just think all of those people who put so much time into the movie deserve to be recognised, you know?
Leopold: Of course.

Leopold Confession Cam

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Marielle Confession Cam

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What's next? Find out here!

At long last, and after actually deciding to officially put The Bachelorette on hiatus, I changed my mind and got together an update. I hope that this is positive even if I can't get the next chapter up for quite awhile. I thought about waiting until I had more, thinking that it might be too tantilising, but I decided the readers probably would like some, even if it's only a little.

Secondly, I know that the pictures aren't showing up in the spoilers (at least, they aren't for me). Does anyone know how to make pictures from Flickr work here? I just switched over and I am getting frustrated, but once again decided to just go ahead and post now.

Finally, thank you, all of you, for continuing to read and not giving up on me despite the months between updates. I've said it before and this will not be the last time: I have the greatest fans on the Internet. Thank you.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1592 on: March 08, 2014, 09:29:37 AM »
Nice update.  I rather enjoy how you let the facial expressions give us the reactions/feelings as they watched the movie rather than having them talk through it.   And I'll bet Everette loves musicals too  ;=)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1593 on: March 08, 2014, 09:56:43 AM »
You're back!! And I have to excitedly say that whenever you post stuff now. :P

I don't have any advice for the Flickr problem (no experience with it).

Anyways, I like staying for the credits too. Even for TV shows. Considering that no one else I know likes to, I'll consider Leo a true gentleman for staying through the credits with Marielle. Not that he wasn't gentlemanly before, either.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #1594 on: March 08, 2014, 11:56:40 AM »

*flails* Omg, you're back! The Bachelorette is back! Squee!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1595 on: March 08, 2014, 04:20:54 PM »
Nice update.  I rather enjoy how you let the facial expressions give us the reactions/feelings as they watched the movie rather than having them talk through it.   And I'll bet Everette loves musicals too  ;=)

Thank you. I was really struggling with how to present an award-winning movie through the Sims. I decided to do it without words or trying to write any movie dialogue. I'm glad it seems to have been effective :) I'm not sure if Everette would love musicals or not, we'd have to ask Rhoxi, but I do know that he loves music, so it's very possible.

You're back!! And I have to excitedly say that whenever you post stuff now. :P

I don't have any advice for the Flickr problem (no experience with it).

Anyways, I like staying for the credits too. Even for TV shows. Considering that no one else I know likes to, I'll consider Leo a true gentleman for staying through the credits with Marielle. Not that he wasn't gentlemanly before, either.

Haha. Well, I'm very flattered. And glad that you're excited. I hope I stay back. I really need this right now, what with uni and all, and it was sad when the reason I needed it so bad was preventing me from working on it.

I probably need more research. I'll keep working on it.

I do too! That's where I got the inspiration for Marielle doing it. It's like a game for me. I win if my party and I are the last ones in the theatre! And besides, some credits are very clever, and it's amazing to see how many people worked on the film, and point out the funniest names.

*flails* Omg, you're back! The Bachelorette is back! Squee!

Yes! Hahaha! I'm glad you're excited too!

By samoht04

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #1596 on: March 09, 2014, 03:24:21 AM »
It is so wonderful to see an update. I can't even tell you how excited I am lol. Anyway I actually do know a bit about flickr, because that is what I use to put my pictures on this forum so I'll just send you a pm with the info I have.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1597 on: March 09, 2014, 05:45:25 AM »
You're posting again!  Or maybe that should be 'you've posted again' given what you said.  Welcome back anyway.

The screenshots not showing up in the spoilers is odd.  I'm using Google+ now, and pics in spoilers behave the same as in the rest of the post (which is to say, a lot slower than the Gallery but OK).

Offline Banana Bender

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1598 on: March 09, 2014, 10:11:54 PM »
I'm glad that you decided not to take this story into hiatus.  A superb update! 

I'm curious, does Leopold realise he looks like Hugh Jackman?  The other bachelors have had some milage out of it but I'd be interested in hearing Leopold's reaction especally now he has seen the movie.

Offline intl_incident

• You can call me Indy! :D
  • Occult
« Reply #1599 on: March 09, 2014, 10:53:11 PM »
Hooray! Another scene from the Bachelorette! Like the others who've commented, I'm glad you didn't go on complete hiatus.  A trickle of posts is better than none at all.  :D

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1600 on: March 10, 2014, 03:23:52 AM »
It is so wonderful to see an update. I can't even tell you how excited I am lol. Anyway I actually do know a bit about flickr, because that is what I use to put my pictures on this forum so I'll just send you a pm with the info I have.  :)

Thanks for the info, Mel! It worked, and now I know how to use Flickr for the Forum! Yay!

You're posting again!  Or maybe that should be 'you've posted again' given what you said.  Welcome back anyway.

The screenshots not showing up in the spoilers is odd.  I'm using Google+ now, and pics in spoilers behave the same as in the rest of the post (which is to say, a lot slower than the Gallery but OK).

Hahaha. Yes, perhaps the second is more accurate, but the nonetheless I'll try to keep it going as best I can.

Oh, it's not the spoilers that did it. I just added the Confession Cams to the update. All the other screenshots were on the Gallery, only the Confession Cam shots weren't so I had to put them on Flickr and then I didn't know how to use it. But I do now!

I'm glad that you decided not to take this story into hiatus.  A superb update! 

I'm curious, does Leopold realise he looks like Hugh Jackman?  The other bachelors have had some milage out of it but I'd be interested in hearing Leopold's reaction especally now he has seen the movie.

Thank you muchly! May I call you Muchly? ;)

That is an excellent question. Let me get back to you.

Hooray! Another scene from the Bachelorette! Like the others who've commented, I'm glad you didn't go on complete hiatus.  A trickle of posts is better than none at all.  :D

Well, good. I'm glad you feel that way. A trickle of posts is what you're likely to get, so I'm glad it is at least acceptable ;D

By samoht04

Offline audbooh

• she/her
  • Llama Wrangler
  • lurking in the shadows
« Reply #1601 on: March 10, 2014, 10:56:35 AM »
ROSA'S POSTING! I no longer need to be on the floor  :P

Just to let you know, I was extremely worried that this story was abandoned!  :'(
We cannot abandon the lovely Dimitri!

Thank you, Rosa, for brining back the lovely show, The Bachelorette!

;D
unapologetic lover of romance, period pieces, and angsty pretty boys

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1602 on: March 10, 2014, 03:05:44 PM »
Oh, it's not the spoilers that did it. I just added the Confession Cams to the update. All the other screenshots were on the Gallery, only the Confession Cam shots weren't so I had to put them on Flickr and then I didn't know how to use it. But I do now!

That makes sense.  I was trying to work out why the spoilery bits would be different.  For some reason it hadn't occurred to me that you could well have loads of screenshots stashed on the Gallery but not used yet.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1603 on: March 10, 2014, 04:25:22 PM »
It's back!! *does cartwheels*  Glad to see ya back Rosa ^^

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #1604 on: March 12, 2014, 01:16:48 AM »
Yay, the Bachelorette is back. Just found the new update when looking at my bookmarks. I use Flickr rarely since it looks very complex to me. Instead I use Tinypic and Picasa Photo Albums. They work nicely, easy to upload and easy to share/put in the forum.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

anything