Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 544777 times)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Week 1 Date 3: Arrival
« Reply #1455 on: October 01, 2013, 07:30:16 PM »
Is there anything that intl_incident can't build? I don't think so!  ;D

I really love how each and every single bachelor serves as both a complement and a foil to Marielle. Some of them are more obvious then others, (I think Talus is one of the best examples of this) but they all have it.

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Week 1 Date 3: Entrance
« Reply #1456 on: October 01, 2013, 07:46:03 PM »
Don't worry I understand, and am more than happy to share my thoughts. But be forewarned that it will be lengthy.  ;)
In my opinion Marielle is a classic beauty with an endearing child's wonder and a keen interest in  everything from everyday occurrences to the most obscure mysteries. Talus has shown himself to be a simple yet complex man who is clear about what he wants and what he despises. Although he takes himself seriously, he is not adverse to fun, a good example is his dance scene with Marielle. (which is one of my favorites lol) He is a gentleman who I'm certain will show Marielle every courtesy, and treat her with all the respect a woman like her deserves. Almost everything from his origin to his age is a mystery, and I believe that though he is reserved he can add a lot of excitement to Marielle's life. Also, speaking of age, (though I am sure Marielle does not care about age) given Talus' already shown longevity of life and the fact that Marielle is a practically ageless vampire, I do believe it would be nice to share a life with someone who could actually share it with you as long as you can share it with them. He is a loner where she is a social butterfly, mature where she is adorably childish, and I believe they balance each other perfectly.

Hm. Never saw it that way until you explained it. You might be right. However...I'm still totally gone over Kenshin. And I think Talus is too. *runs for cover*

I really don't think that, but it would be a nice side story...hint hint.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #1457 on: October 01, 2013, 08:05:13 PM »
I was waiting on someone else to comment on this well-reasoned explanation, but perhaps everyone is too intimidated! Anyway, I think it makes very good sense. Well done, Mel :) Anyone else? I'd like to hear the reasoning of anyone from any team.
Thank you Rosa. I put a lot of thought into it lol.

Mel, that was just perfect. I noticed the long life (and aversion to sunlight) that Talus has and how Marielle has the same qualities, but after reading your analysis of their personalities, they really do sound like a great match. But I'm still not picking teams. ;D
All is well, but I hope you come over to team Talus soon.  ;)

I really love how each and every single bachelor serves as both a complement and a foil to Marielle. Some of them are more obvious then others, (I think Talus is one of the best examples of this) but they all have it.
I agree about all the bachelors possesing this quality in some way. I think that's what makes this story/show so interesting, because it really could go either way.
*clears thought* I mean Talus totally has it.  :)

Hm. Never saw it that way until you explained it. You might be right. However...I'm still totally gone over Kenshin. And I think Talus is too. *runs for cover*

Haha! That would be the only snag in my plan if Talus decides he wants Kenshin instead.  ;D
And it would actually be an interesting side story lol.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #1458 on: October 01, 2013, 09:55:26 PM »
Haha! That would be the only snag in my plan if Talus decides he wants Kenshin instead.  ;D
Best. Side. Plot. Ever.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #1460 on: October 02, 2013, 06:55:33 AM »

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline intl_incident

• You can call me Indy! :D
  • Occult
« Reply #1461 on: October 02, 2013, 10:09:11 PM »
Great update, Rosa! Thanks to everyone who said they like the theatre.  I'll definitely upload it after the date, but I don't want to spoil any surprises. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #1462 on: October 02, 2013, 10:39:39 PM »
Surprises! I like surprises!

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #1463 on: October 02, 2013, 11:35:46 PM »
I have not commented for many days as I was busy. But I have been reading every update.
So far, the date looks great. Leopold dress/tux is greatly designed and he looks cool, handsome and perfect for the date. And for Marielle, she looks beautiful and no one can compete against her in beauty. Kudos to the designer Platinum for those dress. Both of them looks perfect for each other and ready for the date/day. And all credit to intl incident for that wonderful movie studio. May they have great time in the studio.:) Can't wait for the next update.

And from now on, I am Team Leopold and will be sticking to it till the end. And as some say, he looks like Hugh Jackman and I am a big fan of him. And also I like his style.:)
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1464 on: October 03, 2013, 11:24:25 AM »
Mel, that was just perfect. I noticed the long life (and aversion to sunlight) that Talus has and how Marielle has the same qualities, but after reading your analysis of their personalities, they really do sound like a great match. But I'm still not picking teams. ;D

In other news, I'm in love with everything intl_incident has built for this story. I love that theatre! And Marielle's beautiful dress and love of gumballs. That was just adorable. I have fond memories of reading Les Mis in high school, so I appreciate their choice in a movie.

Indeed. I'm impressed with your resilience, it's getting harder and harder as we go on not to favour one over another, isn't it?

Yes! I love her work so much! And wait til you can play it, because it is awesome and I regrettably can't show all of it during the story. Yeah, Marielle--she just loves things. I mean, she gets really excited, and I think it's pretty adorable in-game as well. The movie seemed appropriate, being a combination of old-fashioned (even Leo knows of it), deeply emotional, a recent release, and starring Hugh Jackman. How can you beat that?

Is there anything that intl_incident can't build? I don't think so!  ;D

I don't either! Can she build it? Yes she can!

Indeed, it's rather striking. I would think it had been planned if the bachelors hadn't been started beforehand ;D

I think Talus has stronger feelings of friendship over Kenshin than most people have with most friends. There are all kinds of reasons for this tied into his back-story. Muahahaha.

Oh, you have no idea what we have stored away, waiting for the opportune moment. Wink wink.

Thank you Rosa. I put a lot of thought into it lol.
All is well, but I hope you come over to team Talus soon.  ;)
I agree about all the bachelors possesing this quality in some way. I think that's what makes this story/show so interesting, because it really could go either way.
*clears thought* I mean Talus totally has it.  :)

I could tell, it was clearly well thought out and very reasonable.
Yes, convert all the holdouts! Muahaha! I'm just kidding, anyone can belong to any team they want, I just find it funny when teams do this 'Come over to the Dark side, we have Talus' thing. (No, Talus is not evil, but you can't deny he is a bit dark.)
But seriously, it really could, and that's what makes it so challenging and yet exciting. Because if it were really as obvious as Pippin thinks it is, it would be no fun to watch at all.
Ahem. Yes, of course. ;)
I really don't think Talus wants Kenshin, not like that anyway, but I'll let you know if they start popping romantic wishes for each other :P They are, of course, attracted to each other, as almost all of the bachelors are.

Best. Side. Plot. Ever.

;D

Agreed.

Well, I'm glad you think so. Hahaha.

Great update, Rosa! Thanks to everyone who said they like the theatre.  I'll definitely upload it after the date, but I don't want to spoil any surprises. :)

Thank you! Yes, yes. Indeed.

Surprises! I like surprises!

Good! You shall have some!

I have not commented for many days as I was busy. But I have been reading every update.
So far, the date looks great. Leopold dress/tux is greatly designed and he looks cool, handsome and perfect for the date. And for Marielle, she looks beautiful and no one can compete against her in beauty. Kudos to the designer Platinum for those dress. Both of them looks perfect for each other and ready for the date/day. And all credit to intl incident for that wonderful movie studio. May they have great time in the studio.:) Can't wait for the next update.

And from now on, I am Team Leopold and will be sticking to it till the end. And as some say, he looks like Hugh Jackman and I am a big fan of him. And also I like his style.:)

Yeah, I was wondering where you've been, Chetan! Glad you've still been reading.
Both Marielle's dress and Leopold's tuxedo are from the Jazz Age Wear available on the Store. I agree they look positively smashing together in them. And I think you're right, this has really brought out Marielle's natural gorgeousness. And yes, intl_incident did such an absolutely amazing job. The cinema is so much more gorgeous and perfect than I could have imagined when I commissioned it, with all its perfect little details.

He looks like Hugh Jackman because he is a Sim version of Hugh Jackman's character Leopold from the movie Kate & Leopold. And he does have great style, doesn't he?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #1465 on: October 03, 2013, 12:29:36 PM »

Woo, another person in Team Leopold!  :D
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #1466 on: October 04, 2013, 09:08:31 PM »
I think Talus has stronger feelings of friendship over Kenshin than most people have with most friends. There are all kinds of reasons for this tied into his back-story. Muahahaha.
I really want to read that back-story.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #1467 on: October 06, 2013, 07:12:11 PM »
I want to ready EVERYONE'S back story!!
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1468 on: October 07, 2013, 01:05:43 AM »
Woo, another person in Team Leopold!  :D

Yes, perhaps as it grows in numbers it will grow in volume as well?

Maybe you'll get to, sometime.

I want to ready EVERYONE'S back story!!

You've already read some of them. Everette's back-story is a matter of public record. Most of the bachelors were created for this story and their entire back-stories are already posted here. And some have a few secrets ;)

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Interlude: A Cover
« Reply #1469 on: November 17, 2013, 05:18:56 AM »
Late night, Crew Room, Bachelorette Mansion

Bella: Ladies, listen up. We have a problem.
Della (thinking): I wonder if there are any new episodes of The Flipside.
Rose (thinking): I guess you could say my window of opportunity's still open--no, you're fooling yourself. It's completely closed. Give up.

Bella: We need to get something out on The Bachelorette! There hasn't been a new episode in over a month!
Ombra: Hey, don't look at me! I've hardly been home at all!

Ombra: I should never have tried to take a full course of classes this term! Trying to put out a production on top of it is too much!
Rose (whispering): Why do you need to be home . . . ?

Ombra: I thought the new laptop would help, but I hardly ever get it out, and when I do, it's rare I can get anything production-related done!

Della: Well, without you to organise us, what are the rest of us supposed to do? That's your job, to keep us organised so we can--

Ombra: I know it's my job! The thing is, I'm shouldering all the work here! I don't see any of the rest of you doing anything--Della, always napping--Why, I'm staying up all night so I can--

Bella: Stop! It doesn't matter whose job is what! Nothing is getting done! We all have to work together and fix this!
Ombra (mumbling): Sorry.
Della (voice catching): S-sorry.

Bella (voice softening): We have to do something soon, we're losing readers, and no one is commenting anymore!

Bella: What we need is something to distract the viewers. Something to cover the fact that production has stalled.
Della: Yes! Brilliant! A distraction!
Bella: So, does anyone have any ideas?

(silence)

Ombra: Oh! I've got something!
Della (encouragingly): Yes?
Ombra: Well, Dextra--she's a fan of the show--posted on a fan forum that she wanted to know more about the bachelors' back-stories. I'm sure she's not the only one! Why don't we let our fans send in questions and have the bachelors answer them? That way we kill two birds with one stone: we give the fans what they want, and they won't notice that there are still no new episodes.
Della (shuddering delicately): Horrible expression, but I take your point. That's a great plan!

Rose (speaking aloud for the first time): Where's Rosa? I haven't seen her in the house.
Ombra: Nor have I, for that matter . . .

Bella: Well, never mind, never mind, Rose, you just focus on writing.
Rose: I've got some other papers to finish--
Bella (sharply cutting in): Ombra, are you having Rose write your term papers for you?
Della: That's completely unethical!
Bella: Not to mention it makes no sense, she's got stuff to write for us and she isn't even doing that, what makes you think she'll quit procrastinating to do your work?
Ombra: Oi! I've got enough on my plate, haven't I? Besides, delegating is what I do, it comes naturally--
Bella: That's not for your own schoolwork though, you're the one that decided to take university courses--
Rose: Well, I'm off to go write then--
Bella: Oh, we know you're going off to watch YouTube on your computer, you can't hide it from any of us--

The bickering continues but the camera fades out.

Devin: Hello, Bachelorette fans! I'm your host, Devin Ashton! Welcome to the Mansion!

Devin: Are you dying to know more about the bachelors that make you swoon? Well, here's your chance!

Devin: Send your questions for the bachelor of your choice to [email protected]! Then the heartthrob of your dreams will answer your questions right here! Only on The Bachelorette!

Devin: Don't hesitate--ask now! This is your chance to connect with the stars!

Devin: Once again, I'm Devin Ashton, your host, saying goodnight and sweet dreams.

The Bachelorette is back on! Check out the latest instalment here.

Thanks to Gwendy for the idea of having the bachelors answer fan questions. Please do not send them to that email address, as it is fake. Instead, post them here, and the bachelors will answer you! Thanks for your incredible patience at this unexpectedly busy time in my life!

By samoht04

anything