Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 544760 times)

Offline Banana Bender

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Week 1 Date 3: Entrance
« Reply #1440 on: September 26, 2013, 09:19:15 PM »
The other half of Team Leo reporting in.  Great update Rosa and Magz.  I presume it's Magz writing Leo again. 

So Leo is musical, so what.  My life has a sound track.  His probably does too.  It makes Leo more likeable that he's more average Joe and less high falutin duke.  Nothing wrong with Joe Cocker, the Beatles or Roy Orbison but if Leo starts humming One Direction or Justin Beiber tunes, I'll jump ship!

And Magz, quite and refined is not me either.  ::)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1441 on: September 27, 2013, 01:39:39 AM »
If by "pawing each other" you mean, "built and boarded a Ship so fast, you'd have thought they caught wind of a Promised Land across the Pacific." And they'd all just sit around playing video games, because that seems to be the bulk of Talus and Kenshin's friendship/bromance.

I can agree with that.  :) Well, okay, then, I'll give it a shot.

For teams as what I've been seeing, it's kind of interesting, because it seems that everyone has their own reasons for liking their guy, and the team members are all different from one another. For example, Dolls is a fan of the just completely adorable Kenshin (and his sweet, kind, gentle nature is essentially the major reason for most his fandom), yet her internet persona is much more dark and mischievous.

And with Talus, the reasons that I've seen run from, "he's unique/a troll," to, "he's introverted/shy/a Loner/etc," to, "We both have parasols," to, "I like Rosenrot." I came up with a TON of stuff for him, so I guess there's just a lot for people to latch on to. As for team members, some are more lurky and quiet, which is fine, and suits the character, but some are more verbal and are willing to type in a "Yay! Go Talus!" whenever they can (kinda like Rosenrot would, so there's that), which is also cool.

And also, if they haven't been doing much, the posting about them seems to go down, and so since Leopold didn't go on the last date, posts about him decreased to focus on the more active bachelors, but now that he's got the date to himself, more posts are being made, thus making Team Leo seem more quiet and refined as opposed to, "he's the focus so he's doing more interesting things to talk about."

Well, there's my two cents.

(Also, Talus is also a Hufflepuff, but Ravenclaw was a close second. Okay, scratch that, I took two other tests, and he keeps coming up Ravenclaw.)

Ohh haha first time reading that I did not catch the pun even with the capital. I get it now. And yeah, Kenshin has been really fixated on the games! It's pretty funny. He keeps popping wishes to play them.

Yeah, I think you've about summed it all up there. Good analysis, Gwendy.

That's a very thorough analysis, Gwendy.  I agree that the amount of chatter is correlated to the amount of 'screen time' the Bachelors have been exposed to.  I am not so sure there is actually a Team Leopold other than Snufflesxx and Banana Bender.  Still two is a team.  If you include me in that team, I'm far from quiet and refined.  Just saying!  ;)

I have to guess based on views that there are plenty of lurkers who don't comment, so I'd wager that there are a lot more members of every team than we know about. Yeah, I think it's the team that's quiet, not the people in it! Hahaha

What about those of us who just can't choose?  I happen to be one of them XD  I love qualities from all of them. 

Maybe that makes you a well-rounded person. I'm going with that interpretation.
That reminds me, has anyone added a Marielle banner? I haven't seen any round . . .

I like being part of an little team. It feels more exclusive. And I'm certainly quiet (in RL anyway) but refined? Not sure about that... *takes a sip of tea and lies back in her rather comfy arm chair while her butler serves her cake on a silver tray*

(Just joking of course... I don't drink tea ;) )

Bahahahaha. Oh yes, I totally have a butler too. ::) *shouting* Weatherby! More tea!

The other half of Team Leo reporting in.  Great update Rosa and Magz.  I presume it's Magz writing Leo again. 

So Leo is musical, so what.  My life has a sound track.  His probably does too.  It makes Leo more likeable that he's more average Joe and less high falutin duke.  Nothing wrong with Joe Cocker, the Beatles or Roy Orbison but if Leo starts humming One Direction or Justin Beiber tunes, I'll jump ship!

And Magz, quite and refined is not me either.  ::)

Again? For the same time, yes.

Somehow I just cannot imagine Leopold Mountbatten singing Justin Bieber. That image is rejected by my brain.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #1442 on: September 27, 2013, 07:25:59 PM »
I have to guess based on views that there are plenty of lurkers who don't comment, so I'd wager that there are a lot more members of every team than we know about. Yeah, I think it's the team that's quiet, not the people in it! Hahaha

Somehow I just cannot imagine Leopold Mountbatten singing Justin Bieber. That image is rejected by my brain.
About the Leo and JB image, I wholeheartedly endorse that rejection.
Also I might add that as one of the "quiet lurkers" I do believe you are quite right about their being many members for every bachelor out there.
With that being said I'll add a quick "Go Talus!" Not that he needs the rooting, as I'm quite certain he is the one for Marielle  ;)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #1443 on: September 28, 2013, 01:29:57 AM »

Thankfully mine too.  As Rosa and I do the writing for Leo, you can be sure there is no likelihood of Leo singing/humming a JB tune in the future.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #1444 on: September 28, 2013, 02:08:06 AM »
I bet Marielle and Everette are BOTH Hufflepuff.  And therefore perfect for each other!

Rosa asked what I thought about this. So far, tests reveal a close race between Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, with Hufflepuff slightly in the lead. Some of the questions are hard to answer, because although Everette enjoys company and doesn't fear confrontation, he's also more inclined to solitary, peaceful routes. Of course, being grumpy, he's irascible and still gives someone a good what for when he thinks they deserve it. I think the loyalty and steadfastness of Hufflepuff is winning out in the quizzes because the Ravenclaws aren't just intellectual but also shy or unsociable. Perhaps I'll do some more quizzes later for further testing.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1445 on: September 29, 2013, 07:38:29 PM »
About the Leo and JB image, I wholeheartedly endorse that rejection.
Also I might add that as one of the "quiet lurkers" I do believe you are quite right about their being many members for every bachelor out there.
With that being said I'll add a quick "Go Talus!" Not that he needs the rooting, as I'm quite certain he is the one for Marielle  ;)

Ah, such confidence :) Heartwarming. I'd love to hear from such a confident quiet lurker what makes you so certain? Not that I'm arguing, I like to know the reasoning.

Thankfully mine too.  As Rosa and I do the writing for Leo, you can be sure there is no likelihood of Leo singing/humming a JB tune in the future.

I'm pleased and completely unsurprised that you find the idea as incongruous as I do.

Rosa asked what I thought about this. So far, tests reveal a close race between Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, with Hufflepuff slightly in the lead. Some of the questions are hard to answer, because although Everette enjoys company and doesn't fear confrontation, he's also more inclined to solitary, peaceful routes. Of course, being grumpy, he's irascible and still gives someone a good what for when he thinks they deserve it. I think the loyalty and steadfastness of Hufflepuff is winning out in the quizzes because the Ravenclaws aren't just intellectual but also shy or unsociable. Perhaps I'll do some more quizzes later for further testing.

I'll have to say that as a Ravenclaw, I'm the farthest thing from shy and unsociable. You know Brooke? She's basically me--I gave both Marielle and Brooke my Social Butterfly trait. But anyway, we've had it confirmed that Everette is indeed a Hufflepuff. I took the tests for Marielle--she was a solid Hufflepuff on the first but the Pottermore all questions quiz surprised me by deeming her a Gryffindor. I definitely think she's more of a Hufflepuff though--it's hard to take a quiz for someone else, even a fictional character created by yourself.

Well I don't think I've posted anything since term started, so we're due for another chapter! Fortunately I wrote this before I was hit by the deluge of homework. :P By the way, I'm writing from my brand new laptop! Hurray!

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Week 1 Date 3: Arrival
« Reply #1446 on: September 29, 2013, 07:40:23 PM »
Behold, the glamour and glory of the Simlux Cinema Palace!*

Marielle: What shall we see, Leopold?
Leopold: My friend Christopher drags me to the cinema to see everything with a car chase, shoot out or massive explosions.  He thinks it helps me acclimate.  All of these are unfamiliar to me. I do see one, though, I believe I remember you having mentioned before--do you not still wish to see Circus Roadtrip?
Marielle: You have a good memory! I did want to see that, but now I've been to an actual circus I don't feel as strongly about it anymore. Besides, it's not something to see on a date. I'd like to see something a little more...romantic.
Leopold: Ahhh...Swollen Hearts?
Marielle: (shudders) Romantic, but not goopy. Let's find something more middling.
Leopold: How about Les Miserables? I have even heard of that. The book was published during my time. It has everything--romance, excitement, and some sadness as well. Not to mention that this version seems to be a musical! I enjoy a good musical.
Marielle: And bonus! It stars Hugh Jackman! I'm a big fan! Let's watch it!

Marielle: Oh, what a gorgeous movie palace! I can't wait to go inside!

Leopold: Two tickets for Les Miserables, please.
Marielle: Yay!

Leopold: My, the architecture is exquisite.
Marielle: That gumball machine is taller than I am!

Marielle: Okay, I'll be right back, I must have a gumball.

Marielle (muttering): Plasma, plasma, plasma . . .

Marielle: Woo! Plasma fruit!

Marielle: Mmmm, delicious. Tastes like the real thing.

Marielle: Oooh, look at all the choices! Leopold, it is traditional to get popcorn and candy when one watches a movie in a fine establishment such as this.
Leopold: Very well. Let us keep the tradition!

Leopold: I will have two small popcorn, please . . . popcorns? . . . and do you have any candy flavoured with Plasma Fruit for my lady friend?
Refreshments stand worker: Of course, sir.
Leopold: Then a package of those as well. Thank you.
Marielle (thinking): Oh my gosh, they have a Claw Machine! I could win a teddy!

Leopold: I have acquired the snacks. Would you accompany me into the theatre? The show is about to begin.
Marielle: Yes, of course.

* The gorgeous Simlux Cinema Palace was created by the lovely and incomparable intl_incident.
** Many thanks to Peregrine_Took, aka Pippin, for the wonderful gift of the gumball machine. Marielle and I both show our appreciation. :)

Oh no! No new episodes? What could possibly be happening instead? Why not find out?

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #1447 on: September 29, 2013, 07:44:10 PM »
I love how adorably enthusiastic Marielle is. and it was humorous how she snapped right to formality. Les Miserbles is a great movie. I would have used an exclamationmark, but the movie is to sad for it to be appropriate. That is a gorgeous theatre though.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1448 on: September 29, 2013, 07:45:56 PM »
Gumball machine!!  Nice update, Rosa.  I enjoyed how Marielle was trying so hard to be the proper lady, but was such a fascinated child-at-heart throughout.  Leopold's no Everette, but I appreciate what a gentleman he is.  Marielle, of course, is just darling!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #1449 on: September 29, 2013, 07:57:41 PM »

Marielle is a fan of Hugh Jackman! Bahahaha! Well, that's a good sign for Leopold, eh?  ;D

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1450 on: September 29, 2013, 08:18:26 PM »
That was too cool!  hehe, I loved the "plasma, plasma, plasma"!  And the fact that she's a Hugh Jackman fan is just perfect ^^

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1451 on: September 29, 2013, 08:31:15 PM »
I love how adorably enthusiastic Marielle is. and it was humorous how she snapped right to formality. Les Miserbles is a great movie. I would have used an exclamationmark, but the movie is to sad for it to be appropriate. That is a gorgeous theatre though.

Yeah, that's Marielle. Haha. I imagined how I would feel--in awe of the beauty around me, and then OH MY GOSH GUMBALLS AND TEDDIES! I haven't actually seen it so I'm leaning heavily on Magz to help me out with it. I plan to see it sometime but my mother-in-law insists I read the book first.

It is a gorgeous theatre! I went back and added the credits I forgot to include. Intl_incident built it. I'm so lucky. ;D

Gumball machine!!  Nice update, Rosa.  I enjoyed how Marielle was trying so hard to be the proper lady, but was such a fascinated child-at-heart throughout.  Leopold's no Everette, but I appreciate what a gentleman he is.  Marielle, of course, is just darling!

Yes I went back and added that too! Pippin gave me that gumball machine, everybody! I wanted to show appreciation so I had it appear on the date. And it was right after you gave it to me so that shows how long ago I played this! Yeah, Marielle's natural exuberance and her proper, old-fashioned upbringing sometimes clash, but I think she carries it off beautifully and with poise. Leopold and Everette are cut from a similar cloth, that of the old-fashioned chivalrous gentlemen, and they're old chums by now, so you can like him since Everette does. ;) And she is, isn't she?

Marielle is a fan of Hugh Jackman! Bahahaha! Well, that's a good sign for Leopold, eh?  ;D

Hahahah! I thought that would be fun! Magz and I decided it ought to be a Hugh Jackman film for the fun little silly paradoxical twist.

That was too cool!  hehe, I loved the "plasma, plasma, plasma"!  And the fact that she's a Hugh Jackman fan is just perfect ^^

I wonder if vampires always get red? I don't know, but Marielle was certainly pleased! And yes, I had fun with that ;)

By samoht04

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #1452 on: September 30, 2013, 04:59:14 AM »
Ah, such confidence :) Heartwarming. I'd love to hear from such a confident quiet lurker what makes you so certain? Not that I'm arguing, I like to know the reasoning.
Don't worry I understand, and am more than happy to share my thoughts. But be forewarned that it will be lengthy.  ;)
In my opinion Marielle is a classic beauty with an endearing child's wonder and a keen interest in  everything from everyday occurrences to the most obscure mysteries. Talus has shown himself to be a simple yet complex man who is clear about what he wants and what he despises. Although he takes himself seriously, he is not adverse to fun, a good example is his dance scene with Marielle. (which is one of my favorites lol) He is a gentleman who I'm certain will show Marielle every courtesy, and treat her with all the respect a woman like her deserves. Almost everything from his origin to his age is a mystery, and I believe that though he is reserved he can add a lot of excitement to Marielle's life. Also, speaking of age, (though I am sure Marielle does not care about age) given Talus' already shown longevity of life and the fact that Marielle is a practically ageless vampire, I do believe it would be nice to share a life with someone who could actually share it with you as long as you can share it with them. He is a loner where she is a social butterfly, mature where she is adorably childish, and I believe they balance each other perfectly.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1453 on: October 01, 2013, 05:21:17 PM »
Don't worry I understand, and am more than happy to share my thoughts. But be forewarned that it will be lengthy.  ;)
In my opinion Marielle is a classic beauty with an endearing child's wonder and a keen interest in  everything from everyday occurrences to the most obscure mysteries. Talus has shown himself to be a simple yet complex man who is clear about what he wants and what he despises. Although he takes himself seriously, he is not adverse to fun, a good example is his dance scene with Marielle. (which is one of my favorites lol) He is a gentleman who I'm certain will show Marielle every courtesy, and treat her with all the respect a woman like her deserves. Almost everything from his origin to his age is a mystery, and I believe that though he is reserved he can add a lot of excitement to Marielle's life. Also, speaking of age, (though I am sure Marielle does not care about age) given Talus' already shown longevity of life and the fact that Marielle is a practically ageless vampire, I do believe it would be nice to share a life with someone who could actually share it with you as long as you can share it with them. He is a loner where she is a social butterfly, mature where she is adorably childish, and I believe they balance each other perfectly.

I was waiting on someone else to comment on this well-reasoned explanation, but perhaps everyone is too intimidated! Anyway, I think it makes very good sense. Well done, Mel :) Anyone else? I'd like to hear the reasoning of anyone from any team.

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1454 on: October 01, 2013, 05:58:16 PM »
Mel, that was just perfect. I noticed the long life (and aversion to sunlight) that Talus has and how Marielle has the same qualities, but after reading your analysis of their personalities, they really do sound like a great match. But I'm still not picking teams. ;D

In other news, I'm in love with everything intl_incident has built for this story. I love that theatre! And Marielle's beautiful dress and love of gumballs. That was just adorable. I have fond memories of reading Les Mis in high school, so I appreciate their choice in a movie.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded