Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 544777 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Week 1 Date 3: Entrance
« Reply #1425 on: September 25, 2013, 12:35:40 AM »
While I could never entirely put myself behind Team Leo, (for fairly obvious reasons, I hope) I have always liked him as a character. I can't wait to find out where they are going, though I'm getting a strange feeling that somebody in this thread already knows.  ;)

(Besides Magz and Rosa, of course. I would hope that they know what their characters are up to. It would be rather frightening otherwise)

What reasons, Audren? Heh heh heh. Ooooh, and who do you think knows? :P

Right, yeah, I have no idea. Oh man Audren, you just set me up for so much sarcasm there.

Ooh, that was just adorable! There really is something between Leo and Marielle. But I'm still firmly rooted in Team Kenshin.

Very courtly, I think. What would you say is between them? I'm curious. I want to know how my readers perceive the relationships between characters, since that's of course what the show is about. And I'm glad you're sticking with your ship.

Team Leo: it's quiet and refined . . . just like Leopold.

Now I'm wondering, if each team is a reflection of the bachelor it roots for, what is each team like? Gwendy, I'm lookin' at you for some hilarity here.  ;)

Quite so.

I'd love to hear someone's take on the teams compared to the bachelors!

I don't know, yo, I just write the guy. They're all cool, though. But seriously, why does everyone think he's hilarious all of a sudden?

I don't think Rhoxi means that Talus is hilarious. I think she thinks you're hilarious, and prone to analysis. I happen to agree with both, so I'd like to know what you think on the subject as well. But I'd want to hear anyone's thoughts.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #1426 on: September 25, 2013, 06:45:50 AM »
Well, if the teams truly are representatives of their bachelor, Talus fans and Kenshin fans ought to be practically pawing each other by now!  ;D

I'd come up with more insightful insight now, but I'm tired and can't think of anything just yet. I'll be back.  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #1427 on: September 25, 2013, 02:45:20 PM »

Leopold: You are more refreshing than a Vial of Potent Bliss.  Just looking at you is an exhilarating experience.

This, I had to laugh at. Me and my strange humor. So, Leopold, is that like saying, "You are more refreshing than a 40 oz. can of Colt 45" ? Hahaha!

*its a US brand of malt juice no one would admit to drinking; at least not in a public setting lol

Daw. Nice start to what is probably going to be a very nice date. Seriously, I cannot tell at this juncture who Marielle would pick. I have to say, though, that I wouldn't be sad to have her not pick Kenshin. *in my fatal attraction voice* He belongs with me ^____^

I know, that sounds really creepy, right?

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #1428 on: September 25, 2013, 02:53:56 PM »
Kenshin's not entirely sure if he's comfortable with Watchership under Dolls. He knows about your reputation.  ;)

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #1429 on: September 25, 2013, 03:04:13 PM »
Kenshin's not entirely sure if he's comfortable with Watchership under Dolls. He knows about your reputation.  ;)

Hahaha. No, I meant literally belongs with me, which should altogether concern him even more ;D Why can't I find a man like that Kenshin *sigh* I'm actually not all that bad. Try as might, and I did the sorting ceremony three times, I was put in Hufflepuff. Darn me, I answered the questions honestly. I really really wanted to be in Slytherin. Actually, my mom was put in Slytherin, lol

Sorry for going off topic a little. Kenshin gets me happy!!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1430 on: September 25, 2013, 03:14:55 PM »
Why wouldn't you want to be in Hufflepuff?  They're hard-working and loyal.  Tonks was in Hufflepuff and she kicks bottom.  Of course, we know they're 'a lot of duffers' (or something like that.  Can't be bothered to dig out the book and check.)  But, you know, that's Hagrid's opinion and he's not exactly a towering intellect...

I always end up in Ravenclaw :(.

This is really going off topic.  Sorry, Rosa  :-[.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1431 on: September 25, 2013, 03:29:26 PM »
Well, if the teams truly are representatives of their bachelor, Talus fans and Kenshin fans ought to be practically pawing each other by now!  ;D

I'd come up with more insightful insight now, but I'm tired and can't think of anything just yet. I'll be back.  :D

Hahaha oh boy, here we go.

Right. Looking forward to it.

This, I had to laugh at. Me and my strange humor. So, Leopold, is that like saying, "You are more refreshing than a 40 oz. can of Colt 45" ? Hahaha!

*its a US brand of malt juice no one would admit to drinking; at least not in a public setting lol

Daw. Nice start to what is probably going to be a very nice date. Seriously, I cannot tell at this juncture who Marielle would pick. I have to say, though, that I wouldn't be sad to have her not pick Kenshin. *in my fatal attraction voice* He belongs with me ^____^

I know, that sounds really creepy, right?

Only if you go with the assumption that "juice" makes you happy, or fills your Social and Fun needs. Since it's actually a depressant, I would say that it's not a perfect metaphor . . .

I think it will be a nice date indeed. Perfectly proper and decorous. ;) No one can tell who Marielle will pick at this point, not even me. Especially since the points reset every week so the one who's ahead this week won't necessarily be so next week. Haha, you and your Kenshin obsession.

Hmmmm, true! He would turn into a pirate! Or something. Not sure why that's the first thing that came to mind . . .

Hahaha. No, I meant literally belongs with me, which should altogether concern him even more ;D Why can't I find a man like that Kenshin *sigh* I'm actually not all that bad. Try as might, and I did the sorting ceremony three times, I was put in Hufflepuff. Darn me, I answered the questions honestly. I really really wanted to be in Slytherin. Actually, my mom was put in Slytherin, lol

Sorry for going off topic a little. Kenshin gets me happy!!

Ah, it's too bad isn't it? If only we could make our own perfect mate in the Sims and then make them real.

I believe you--I think some of the nicest people have to get it out with their Evil Sims. But you are what you are, and you can't fool Pottermore :P

Why wouldn't you want to be in Hufflepuff?  They're hard-working and loyal.  Tonks was in Hufflepuff and she kicks bottom.  Of course, we know they're 'a lot of duffers' (or something like that.  Can't be bothered to dig out the book and check.)  But, you know, that's Hagrid's opinion and he's not exactly a towering intellect...

I always end up in Ravenclaw :(.

This is really going off topic.  Sorry, Rosa  :-[.

Hufflepuff has nothing but good qualities. I don't know why they have a bad reputation. I think they make the best friends.

I must step in and defend Hagrid here. What he actually says is that 'Everyone says Hufflepuff are a load o' duffers, but--' He was about to defend them, he was saying that people said bad things but he was going to contradict them. Hagrid gets a bad reputation for it though because people misunderstand. Poor Hagrid :(

Don't have sad face! Ravenclaw is my house! Anyway, we're going back on topic now. Feel free to continue this on the Harry Potter thread.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1432 on: September 25, 2013, 07:23:24 PM »
I bet Marielle and Everette are BOTH Hufflepuff.  And therefore perfect for each other!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1433 on: September 25, 2013, 09:47:16 PM »
I bet Marielle and Everette are BOTH Hufflepuff.  And therefore perfect for each other!

What is your reasoning on that?

By samoht04

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1434 on: September 25, 2013, 10:24:24 PM »
They're both hard-workers and loyal/true friends.  They show loving support and dedication to their families and they aren't afraid to take a backseat/supporting role to those around them.  That says Hufflepuff to me.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1435 on: September 25, 2013, 10:41:33 PM »
They're both hard-workers and loyal/true friends.  They show loving support and dedication to their families and they aren't afraid to take a backseat/supporting role to those around them.  That says Hufflepuff to me.

Okay, all of that sounds like Hufflepuff, surely. I'm quite sure Marielle is a Hufflepuff, now that I think about it--I will be taking some tests to check--but I never thought of Everette as one. What say you, Rhoxi? You know him better than anyone.

Sponsors: If anyone wants to check their bachelor's House, there are links to quizzes in the Harry Potter thread.

By samoht04

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #1436 on: September 25, 2013, 10:43:00 PM »

If by "pawing each other" you mean, "built and boarded a Ship so fast, you'd have thought they caught wind of a Promised Land across the Pacific." And they'd all just sit around playing video games, because that seems to be the bulk of Talus and Kenshin's friendship/bromance.

Quote from: ombradellarosa
I don't think Rhoxi means that Talus is hilarious. I think she thinks you're hilarious, and prone to analysis. I happen to agree with both, so I'd like to know what you think on the subject as well. But I'd want to hear anyone's thoughts.

I can agree with that.  :) Well, okay, then, I'll give it a shot.

For teams as what I've been seeing, it's kind of interesting, because it seems that everyone has their own reasons for liking their guy, and the team members are all different from one another. For example, Dolls is a fan of the just completely adorable Kenshin (and his sweet, kind, gentle nature is essentially the major reason for most his fandom), yet her internet persona is much more dark and mischievous.

And with Talus, the reasons that I've seen run from, "he's unique/a troll," to, "he's introverted/shy/a Loner/etc," to, "We both have parasols," to, "I like Rosenrot." I came up with a TON of stuff for him, so I guess there's just a lot for people to latch on to. As for team members, some are more lurky and quiet, which is fine, and suits the character, but some are more verbal and are willing to type in a "Yay! Go Talus!" whenever they can (kinda like Rosenrot would, so there's that), which is also cool.

And also, if they haven't been doing much, the posting about them seems to go down, and so since Leopold didn't go on the last date, posts about him decreased to focus on the more active bachelors, but now that he's got the date to himself, more posts are being made, thus making Team Leo seem more quiet and refined as opposed to, "he's the focus so he's doing more interesting things to talk about."

Well, there's my two cents.

(Also, Talus is also a Hufflepuff, but Ravenclaw was a close second. Okay, scratch that, I took two other tests, and he keeps coming up Ravenclaw.)
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #1437 on: September 25, 2013, 10:57:17 PM »
That's a very thorough analysis, Gwendy.  I agree that the amount of chatter is correlated to the amount of 'screen time' the Bachelors have been exposed to.  I am not so sure there is actually a Team Leopold other than Snufflesxx and Banana Bender.  Still two is a team.  If you include me in that team, I'm far from quiet and refined.  Just saying!  ;)
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1438 on: September 25, 2013, 11:00:50 PM »
What about those of us who just can't choose?  I happen to be one of them XD  I love qualities from all of them. 

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #1439 on: September 26, 2013, 03:40:47 AM »
That's a very thorough analysis, Gwendy.  I agree that the amount of chatter is correlated to the amount of 'screen time' the Bachelors have been exposed to.  I am not so sure there is actually a Team Leopold other than Snufflesxx and Banana Bender.  Still two is a team.  If you include me in that team, I'm far from quiet and refined.  Just saying!  ;)

I like being part of an little team. It feels more exclusive. And I'm certainly quiet (in RL anyway) but refined? Not sure about that... *takes a sip of tea and lies back in her rather comfy arm chair while her butler serves her cake on a silver tray*

(Just joking of course... I don't drink tea ;) )
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock