Author Topic: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Goodbye for Now 18/8  (Read 547936 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Bachelorette: An Interactive Story--Lions and Tigers and Bears!
« Reply #1155 on: June 28, 2013, 12:34:43 AM »
Apologies, dearest readers. I am about to embark on a journey with my family to a family reunion for the space of several days. Unfortunately, I did not plan ahead very well story-wise so I have nothing after this chapter to post. This does end the performance portion of the circus date. I do hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have. I'll see you next Tuesday!

<3 Rosa
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1156 on: June 28, 2013, 12:35:44 AM »
That was amazing Rosa!  Excellent job!  Have fun at your reunion ^^

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #1157 on: June 28, 2013, 12:58:28 AM »
Oogie Oogie oo, baga oogie oogoo
Great update ever. What an amazing show and performance. I think I have heard the song. All this performance need now is more Applause Applause.

What a nice teleportation and dramatic entrance.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1158 on: June 28, 2013, 01:20:44 AM »
I just saw Train tonight, and this reminds me so much of the concert.  ;D

Have fun at the family reunion!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1159 on: June 28, 2013, 05:16:44 AM »
This comment covers quite a few updates, since the internet’s behaving this morning and I’ve been able to catch up.

First of all, the bedroom scene ( :o!)  I’d noticed and been amused by Nathaniel’s excess baggage before.  All those cases and beauty products :).  And of course he’d have a huge photo of himself.  It must drive the others mad.  I hadn’t noticed Dimitri’s mess before, though.  Nice characterisation.

Candy Kane’s entrance was terrific.  It must have taken a while to put together.

Lions and Tigers and Bears.  Oh my!  *Goes off to the shops singing Oogie Fever*

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #1160 on: June 28, 2013, 05:39:24 AM »
What happen to the hand of the guy in far right(forgot his name)? Spotted just now when I am viewing the forum on my computer.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1161 on: June 28, 2013, 06:06:15 AM »
That was amazing Rosa!  Excellent job!  Have fun at your reunion ^^

Thank you :)

Oogie Oogie oo, baga oogie oogoo
Great update ever. What an amazing show and performance. I think I have heard the song. All this performance need now is more Applause Applause.
What a nice teleportation and dramatic entrance.

It's one of the Singer songs. They both are. I'm glad you like it so much!

I just saw Train tonight, and this reminds me so much of the concert.  ;D

Have fun at the family reunion!

That is high praise, thank you.

I will!

This comment covers quite a few updates, since the internet’s behaving this morning and I’ve been able to catch up.

First of all, the bedroom scene ( :o!)  I’d noticed and been amused by Nathaniel’s excess baggage before.  All those cases and beauty products :).  And of course he’d have a huge photo of himself.  It must drive the others mad.  I hadn’t noticed Dimitri’s mess before, though.  Nice characterisation.

Candy Kane’s entrance was terrific.  It must have taken a while to put together.

Lions and Tigers and Bears.  Oh my!  *Goes off to the shops singing Oogie Fever*

Yay for behaving internet!

I meant to have a whole scene with Nathaniel's luggage and I didn't do it. I forgot to write it in and the moment passed. Sigh. Dimitri's mess was requested specifically by Lilygirl, and I quite agree it's appropriate for a Slob. Please notice that his gypsy trunk has something hanging out as well.

It did! Thank you so much for noticing! I'm glad you appreciated it. I thought it was spectacular, myself ;)

Hahaha Mr Rosa insisted that anyone hearing Lions and tigers and bears would think Wizard of Oz and he was right, a lot of people had that in mind, but I stuck by it. What I find interesting is how everyone latched onto the book in the first date card but for the most part ignored it on the second. Now, who knows what will happen next? :D

What happen to the hand of the guy in far right(forgot his name)? Spotted just now when I am viewing the forum on my computer.

Nothing happened to it. It does look somewhat distorted from this angle but He's just got his elbows out, flapping his arms and stomping. He's very excited.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #1162 on: June 28, 2013, 10:11:57 AM »
Yay for Oogie Fever! That's Conrad Anderson's trademark song! (at least in my games) Lions, Tigers, and Bears were awesome, though. Great job on the other band members. I didn't realize that Vinyl only made Kitty. They all look great!  :D

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #1163 on: June 28, 2013, 11:30:49 AM »
Is it bad when One more Grey Day is your favorite song of all time? :D
I'm not joking though. Awesome performance though. And, Leo Aslan!? Kind of disappointed by the lack of Potter references with the wolf guy. But, I still loved the update! ;)

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1164 on: June 28, 2013, 11:39:25 AM »
Really nice update!  I like how we finish off the performance part with this particular band.  It fit the clue she'd given them before the date to a tee!

Offline rodeo199

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1165 on: June 29, 2013, 12:26:15 AM »
Wow, i just had to comment. This entire story is awesome and the way you've done the dates and everything just wow. I'll probably never  comment again and just lurk in the background, but i had to just say well done it's amazing.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1166 on: June 29, 2013, 07:58:48 AM »
Oh my! Great staging of the band -- you really give the impression of movement with the lights and fog machine and confetti. Your bachelors had better stay on their toes, because Marielle might be tempted by some of the band members. :)
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1167 on: June 29, 2013, 05:03:51 PM »
Yay for Oogie Fever! That's Conrad Anderson's trademark song! (at least in my games) Lions, Tigers, and Bears were awesome, though. Great job on the other band members. I didn't realize that Vinyl only made Kitty. They all look great!  :D

Hahaha. Thank you! I don't usually make Sims much but the theme was fun. Yes, Vinyl made Kitty and I thought, this singer deserves her own band! So I ran with it.

Is it bad when One more Grey Day is your favorite song of all time? :D
I'm not joking though. Awesome performance though. And, Leo Aslan!? Kind of disappointed by the lack of Potter references with the wolf guy. But, I still loved the update! ;)

No. It's a really great song and I kept listening to it over and over while writing the update.
I thought someone would probably assume it was a Chronicles of Narnia reference, but it wasn't so much really. I was using Aslan as the Turkish word for lion, because they were all named for the animal they represent. I suppose I could have named Wolf with the last name Lupin, but he just looked like a Lobos to me. And while the other band members are named wither Latin (or Turkish in one case), I insisted he be called Wolf. I mean, look at him. He would so go by that name. Worry not, there are plenty of opportunities for Harry Potter references in future updates.

Really nice update!  I like how we finish off the performance part with this particular band.  It fit the clue she'd given them before the date to a tee!

Exactly. That was the setup ;) I'm glad you like it!

Wow, i just had to comment. This entire story is awesome and the way you've done the dates and everything just wow. I'll probably never  comment again and just lurk in the background, but i had to just say well done it's amazing.

I love love love lurker comments. They mean so much. Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments.

Oh my! Great staging of the band -- you really give the impression of movement with the lights and fog machine and confetti. Your bachelors had better stay on their toes, because Marielle might be tempted by some of the band members. :)

Thank you! I tried really hard with it and I'm glad it paid off. Hee hee I think I made them pretty handsome and exciting, but I hope they don't make Marielle stray!

By samoht04

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #1168 on: June 30, 2013, 02:13:40 AM »
I am so happy that I happened to fall behind on my reading while Rosa was away reunion-ing (Yes, it's a word because I think it should be) because this means that I didn't have to wait for anything! I never put it together that Lions, Tigers & Bears would be a band, in fact, I'm ashamed to admit that I actually *forgot* that clue altogether!  :-[

I can't wait to see the confession cams for this part of the date, I'm sure they must have something interesting to say!

Well Done, Rosa!
Tenshin - A Bachelorette Bromance =)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1169 on: June 30, 2013, 02:31:15 AM »
I am so happy that I happened to fall behind on my reading while Rosa was away reunion-ing (Yes, it's a word because I think it should be) because this means that I didn't have to wait for anything! I never put it together that Lions, Tigers & Bears would be a band, in fact, I'm ashamed to admit that I actually *forgot* that clue altogether!  :-[

I can't wait to see the confession cams for this part of the date, I'm sure they must have something interesting to say!

Well Done, Rosa!

I'm sorry to have to burst your bubble on multiple counts, however--I have Internet access here but I am not back and I still have nothing to post, so unfortunately you are still going to have to wait because I don't have any time to put anything together either, due to all of the reunion-ing I am doing.

No worries about forgetting the clue. I intend to bring things back when you least expect them. You don't have to remember everything--that's my job, and what re-reading is for. I don't think anyone expected them to be a band. So I am delighted to surprise you!

Now the second count--there are no confession cams for this part of the date. It was difficult for many of the sponsors to come up with responses to performances, which I understand and don't blame them at all. Rest assured, in the chapters ahead I'm sure they will have plenty to say!

Thank you! I look forward to getting back to you with more Bachelorette goodness when I get the chance!

By samoht04