Author Topic: The Clavicula Dynasty: Leading to an End (2/26)  (Read 23089 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Clavicula Dynasty: Spellbound (2/21)
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2013, 09:38:40 AM »
Oh, Marc. So lovely. I hate it when he goes Elder. Glad he'll get to spread his good genes around again. Why didn't Matilde want to go to prom with Guy? Is he still a child? Did she inherit her father's power then? That's cool!

I actually forget if Guy was still a child then or not. He's very close in age to Matilde and might end up being her husband for all I know. I think they share a trait too, so it's possible. I'll just have to see.

Anyways, she went to prom with Rachael because the attraction system deems them compatible (compatible signs, plus a shared trait, and maybe other things?) and she got the wish to ask Rachael to prom anyways.

Yep, Matilde's a witch. I was pretty shocked, since Journeyman and Willow both married witches but didn't get any witch children.

And Marc...I think he needs to compete with Justin for the Mass Pollinator award. I hope you agree. ;)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Clavicula Dynasty: Hail and Farewell (2/24)
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2013, 05:45:28 PM »

“I think you could use a hand. It's cold!” Matilde reached out to her friend. After Rachael almost froze to death, nothing could be better than the soft, warm body of Matilde.

And it wasn't just a gesture of kindness; Matilde loved Rachael, even throughout all the talk about that handsome Garry Jones-Brown across town. There were dynasty duties and nooboos that had to be born, but Matilde tried to justify it. She was young, after all.

But as the new couple went out to Varg's Tavern for a game of foosball, Marvin and Charmaine had time to themselves in the fire station.

“Hon, I know it's nice to have a date, but why here?”

“You know what we can do in a shower.”

Marvin was too fearful. His 65th birthday was the next day, and he and Charmaine lost count of her age. 80? 90? Somewhere very close. It was only compounded by the vision of his 65th birthday.

He saw himself supermaxing gardening.

Dancing away at The Grind.

Aging up with a full head of hair and one of his oldest friends.

But in it all, losing his Charmaine. He hoped that it was all false, that he could do the opposite and maybe his wife would live on. The future was usually set in stone, but perhaps a true psychic like Marvin could change it. He didn't party or garden; instead heading off to work and schmoozing his co-workers for a promotion he didn't get.

Marvin aged up after work, alone and balding.

And in spite of his best efforts, something was off with Charmaine.

“Marv? MARVIN!” she yelled out as she failed to feel the earth beneath her feet.

“Char-char?” Marvin couldn't believe that he couldn't stop that part of the future. A low rumbling resonated from outside the bathroom, something that the Claviculas didn't hear since they lost Harwood so long ago.

“Charmaine Manne Clavicula. I see that I'm just in time.”

“No,” she begged the Reaper, “I just need to get my husband's elder sculpture. That will only take an hour or two!”

He was likely stone-faced beneath his hood. “You know the way out, Mrs. Clavicula.”

Marvin sighed. He hoped that Lincoln and Marc were properly mourning.

He had no idea where Lincoln was, but Marc had something more violent to attend to.

“And that's what you get for stealing my girlfriend.”

Matilde didn't know what else to do other than fling herself into Rachael's arms the next day. “I just wish she left on a better note.”

She tried making more smashers to take her mind off it. Too many things were starting to bother Matilde, perhaps making her even more crazy.

“Oh, you're just going to ruin the dynasty by going steady with Rach!”

“Oh please. It's just a fling.”

“Just break her heart already! I ain't going to be the one to fail this thing.”

“Is everything okay in there?” asked Marvin from behind the door.

“Pretty par for course, yep.”

Winter faded into a cold Twinbrook spring, and while Matilde still had some more years of high school, Rachael graduated and happily celebrated her 18th birthday. Marvin got word of this; he didn't mind the thought of his daughter having a girlfriend, and he was hopeful that Harwood's legacy would live on in his family anyways.

“Crap! It's my underage girlfriend's father!”

“Relax. You like art, right?”

“Yeah. I'm totally unflirty now, Mr. Clavicula. I hope you don't worry.”

“Not at all. I was wondering if you want to live with us? I have an extra bed now.”

Rachael knew the way there already.

“Just change your style,” said Marvin from behind the bedroom door. “The second dresser drawer is full of hair extensions just for you. I'll let you pick out from what we have.”

Rachael walked out, feeling particularly transformed and smiling at the easels scattered throughout the house.

And for the next few nights, Twinbrook seemed unusually happy during the dreary and snowy first days of Spring.

When it melted, Marc caught a butterfly. He was very confident about the good direction his suddenly-fleeting life was going in.

---

Notes:

- MARVIN'S GREY AGAIN AW HECK YEAH

- If you didn't see me instantly moving Rachael in once she was a young adult, well, not everyone read the Grave dynasty, did they? Her traits are Evil, Artistic, Virtuoso, Star Quality, and Unflirty. Her favorite color is pink. It took me until yesterday to realize that Rachael is essentially related to Felix as well as Gwen. I'm still seeing her as Gwen 2.0.

Oh, and I'll be changing that Star Quality trait once I can. In my game where celebrities are completely disabled, it's just pointless.

- I miss Charmaine already. D:

- I counted 25 images. If I'm over the limit, just let me know so I can revise. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2013, 07:06:42 PM »
...I've come to the conclusion that this game loves nothing more than to have sims die on their loved ones's birthdays. Rest in peace, Charmaine...such a shame you never got to see your little girl fully grown. :(

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2013, 07:52:11 PM »
Awwww, Mark caught a butterfly! Again! Like the Graves! ;D
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2013, 07:59:00 PM »
...I've come to the conclusion that this game loves nothing more than to have sims die on their loved ones's birthdays. Rest in peace, Charmaine...such a shame you never got to see your little girl fully grown. :(

My mortal spouses never see their kids grow up, but Charmaine chose an awful day to die and then die again after a crash.

She's one of those sims that grew on me. RIP Charmaine. :(

Awwww, Mark caught a butterfly! Again! Like the Graves! ;D

Marc never caught butterflies while with the Graves (Skeet did), but he looks so darn cute while doing it.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2013, 08:53:20 PM »
Haha, I like the bit about the town being "unusually happy." Besides, "spreading joy" sounds a lot nicer than "use 'em and loose 'em." Oh, Marc.  ::) Mass pollinator really is a good term for it.

I hope you've got a back up sculptor in mind. Is Rachael taking over, or have you got someone else? And Charmaine dying on her husband's elder birthday? That's just too sad!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2013, 07:25:51 AM »
Is Matilde Insane, or can Inappropriate Sims talk to themselves? I'm sensing a Classic love triangle situation here. Look forward to seeing how it turns out.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2013, 07:37:52 AM »
Haha, I like the bit about the town being "unusually happy." Besides, "spreading joy" sounds a lot nicer than "use 'em and loose 'em." Oh, Marc.  ::) Mass pollinator really is a good term for it.

I hope you've got a back up sculptor in mind. Is Rachael taking over, or have you got someone else? And Charmaine dying on her husband's elder birthday? That's just too sad!

They're not all Marc's ladies, but he indeed gets to "spread joy" around Twinbrook. And maybe abroad too; Matilde is very close to her YA birthday and Marc will probably make it (I need time for him to complete his LTW anyways).

Marc and Rachael will fill in to sculpt (I'm training Rachael as a painter first; Justin's very close to the end). I might be setting myself up for trouble by reserving sculpting as a supermax for generation four. Oh well.

Is Matilde Insane, or can Inappropriate Sims talk to themselves? I'm sensing a Classic love triangle situation here. Look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Matilde is indeed insane, but she's the sanest insane person I've played since, well, Gwen. I'm ashamed that most of Matilde's insanity is directed towards being wardrobe-challenged. I had to force her to talk to herself twice for those screenshots, since she stopped after a few minutes each time. Maybe insanity just isn't her thing.

Yeah, my sims just adore weird love triangles sometimes. I think Rachael's new unflirty trait makes this easier (but not for when she needs her own babydaddy).

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2013, 11:40:24 PM »
Quick update before a real update.

- Marvin has one more level to go before completing his career, his last op, and buying his last LTR. The only problem is that he's sitting at 81 or 82 days and he has four days off until he can go back to work! I hate this. I hated it when it happened to Journeyman, and I hate it when it's happening to Marvin.

- Marc has a son! That's good in and of itself, but I laughed when I heard what the game named him: Felix.

Seriously! However, my plans hinge on Marc having a fairy daughter, and all he has right now is a human daughter and a fairy son. At least he still has time to produce one.

I'll be a happy camper if I see another Gwen. :D

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2013, 01:16:55 AM »
Quick update before a real update.

- Marvin has one more level to go before completing his career, his last op, and buying his last LTR. The only problem is that he's sitting at 81 or 82 days and he has four days off until he can go back to work! I hate this. I hated it when it happened to Journeyman, and I hate it when it's happening to Marvin.

- Marc has a son! That's good in and of itself, but I laughed when I heard what the game named him: Felix.

Seriously! However, my plans hinge on Marc having a fairy daughter, and all he has right now is a human daughter and a fairy son. At least he still has time to produce one.

I'll be a happy camper if I see another Gwen. :D

Felix? Wow. The game is talking to you, Trip.

By samoht04

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Clavicula Dynasty: Leading to an End (2/26)
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2013, 09:33:58 AM »

Rachael walked in on her stepfather with another woman.

“So that's what mummy gets for her elder birthday?” she asked with a sneer.

“Bean sprout, you don't understand.”

She really didn't understand. Marvin and Zo Whelohff were friends, and he knew about Zo's personal life. She was very happy with her boyfriend, Jeffrey Castor, but he was a vampire and she didn't want any vampiric children. Zo got word of Justin Kayes and his willingness to father children with anyone who needed it.

But somehow, Justin was unsuccessful in getting Zo to conceive.

He walked out the theatre quite joyous one day. He took one of new friends, Bunny Curious, out to see a movie. The two of them didn't even care what movie it was; Bunny just liked the thought of a nooboo being made in the back row, and Justin was okay with such a thrilling idea. She was a little sad that both of her parents passed away without seeing any grandchildren, and she heard about Justin's little donation scheme through the Twinbrook rumor mill.

Rachael still didn't like it.

At least she could paint to get her mind off all the new things in her life. The strange schemes of her stepfather, the conflicting feelings about Matilde, the realization that she was a Clavicula for life. It wasn't quite what Rachael was told.

The household had its own surprises.

“Gross, what did I get myself into?” Rachael recoiled at the sight of the spectre.

“I can't believe my little girl is already in her twenties.”

“How do you-”

“It's dad.”

She started to smile. “Mum always had good things to say about you.”

And someone was creeping up behind Harwood.

“Dear watcher, I'm in enemy territory.”

“Come on dad, it's just Marc.”

“Just get away from this man. He was almost your father, after all,” said Harwood before he vanished into the aether, beyond the whims of Marc.

Marc still felt some animosity towards the whole debacle with Harwood and Amy. Just when he thought that he found the right woman, she turned out to be just so fickle by falling for two different men in rapid succession (however, Marc and Justin were on fine terms).

Though the lovely fairy across the bridge wasn't too far of a downgrade. Blaise was single and still searching for some stability in her prolonged life, and while Marc wasn't particularly stable commitment-wise, he was so charming.

And nine months later, Blaise paid a visit with nooboo Kristie in her arms. Rachael said that Marc would just push her aside. “Apparently that's what he did to mum.”

In between dates with Blaise, he took over the job that Charmaine left unfinished. Painting was more of Marc's thing, but his attention to detail in sculpting caught the attention of Marvin.

Marvin's attention was unfocused. Losing Charmaine derailed him, and he wanted to act like an immortal, playing arcade games in his pajamas. There was so much left to do with the years slipping away.

His attempts at befriending the Greenwoods weren't so great. Jade didn't need someone else lecturing her about stopping waste dumping in Twinbrook, while criticizing her family all the same.

Instead, Marvin gave a reading to a chunky werewolf. “In one life, you had a beautiful son. And I can see that happening all over again.”

“Get your paws out of my face.”

And Justin walked away from a portrait he swore was his greatest work.

Things were mostly going well, but Marvin still had to prove that the fortune-telling empire of Marvin's Mediums was viable before he could proclaim himself to be the world's top mystic.

The stress from that made him sick. He worked only weekends, and the promotions were more spaced out as he found his body feeling more frail.

There were temptations. Lincoln added a dash of pepper to Marvin's secret recipe of Ambrosia. Maybe it wasn't so secret, since Marvin needed Lincoln to cook it for him and that meant mortal Lincoln knowing the recipe perfectly.

He put it in the replicator, giving Marvin weeks' worth of a life-sustaining mystery meal. Marv just wanted a bite, just to feel like he had the strength to reach his own finish line. Life was going by too quickly. Marvin's little girl was going to turn 18.

He smustled in the morning, unaware of what would pain his evening.

“Bad time,” Justin said under his breath as he ascended a tiny bit.

Justin watched the crowd, filled with his children and his housemates who all had to watch him die when they just wanted a birthday party. He knew how to approach death in front of them.

“I haven't felt this good in ages. Just give me some more years here?”

“Negative, Justin Kayes. You know the way out.”

And then Justin left. He left behind a museum of portraits, a beautiful fiancee, six children, and two stepdaughters. And in spite of such a legacy, he wanted a bit more of that joy.

Matilde should have been mourning, but it was already 20:30. The guests were leaving in droves after Justin's death, and even in mourning, she didn't want to grow up alone. A wish was muttered under her breath. "I want time to make the right decision."

“God, I wish uncle Justin was here too.”

Bunny and Marc still cheered her on as a wave of sparkles attacked Matilde. Before finding herself older and wiser, Matilde had one remark.

“What's with the new shirt, Buns?”

“Oh, uh, that's a long story.”

---

I really, really miss Justin. I didn't even think it was possible to love a live-in as much as I loved Justin. He was such a joy to play, and always a big sweetie towards everyone.

I'm getting teary-eyed now.

Felix? Wow. The game is talking to you, Trip.

I hope he ages up with blue hair and eventually a mohawk. It's the only acceptable thing for Felix 2.0.

(I have no idea if I'll have a use for this Felix, but heck, it's still awesome)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2013, 04:53:06 PM »
:( Another death on a birthday...and a particularly sad one at that. Goodbye Justin, though I'm sure we will be seeing your progeny in the future of the dynasty so you're never truly gone.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2013, 04:55:11 PM »
RIP Justin <Insert Last Name Here> :'( You were a good little baby-maker. May your kids get in the dynasty.
(Note: I don't have Ambitions so I've never played Twinbrook. And with the lack of Twinbrook stories, I won't ever rember. My bad.)
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2013, 05:48:54 PM »
Justin Kayes. A good, sweet, and handsome man. Sorry to lose you again, friend.

By samoht04

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2013, 06:00:11 PM »
:( Another death on a birthday...and a particularly sad one at that. Goodbye Justin, though I'm sure we will be seeing your progeny in the future of the dynasty so you're never truly gone.

That, and his ghost is particularly fond of haunting. He's never truly gone no matter what. :)

RIP Justin <Insert Last Name Here> :'( You were a good little baby-maker. May your kids get in the dynasty.
(Note: I don't have Ambitions so I've never played Twinbrook. And with the lack of Twinbrook stories, I won't ever rember. My bad.)

Justin Kayes. Just in case. I still can't say it with a straight face.

Hmm, more people need to play in Twinbrook so everyone can remember the ridiculously punny names.

Justin Kayes. A good, sweet, and handsome man. Sorry to lose you again, friend.

The best there was.

Lincoln and Marc are close to the end too. I'll have to cope somehow.

---

To everyone reading: I love you guys. It makes my day to see your comments, or just the pageviews if you're the silent type. :)