Author Topic: The Clavicula Dynasty: Leading to an End (2/26)  (Read 23104 times)

Offline twenty8twelve

• Nooboo
Re: The Clavicula Dynasty: Take Care (2/19)
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2013, 02:25:33 PM »
Wow Trip you make Twinbrook exciting! My version ain't nearly as interesting lol. Looking forward to reading more. :D

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Clavicula Dynasty: Night with the Evil Teens (2/19)
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2013, 02:30:21 PM »
Wow Trip you make Twinbrook exciting! My version ain't nearly as interesting lol. Looking forward to reading more. :D

You have more humor in yours, though. :)

---

“So the old man listened to me?”

“Yeah.”

“I...I am so touched.” Marvin still teared up a bit when thinking of Harwood. “I guess I should have noticed Marci's green eyes.”

--

Sometimes, Matilde was not a morning person.

But later that night, she was excited for her birthday.

She might have turned into a chubby little girl with a deformed mouth, but Matilde liked that she could finally pursue a skill like her mum and dad. She could have painted, or fished, or played chess, but she begged for a workbench for her big-girl room.

Since Matilde was a little more independent, Marvin wanted to take her out on the town, first meeting up at the beach with an almost-grown-up Garry Jones-Brown. Matilde just wanted to build a snowman.

“It's so nice to see you again,” said Marvin.

“I know! My evil plot is getting more complete by the day.” Marvin started to doubt Goodwin's fathering skills; this young man was nothing like him.

Matilde was happy that her snowman looked so cool.

Garry needed to spread his evil plot to everyone, even Matilde. “And that's how Racket Co. will be mine.”

“You're so cool!” Matilde loved her new friend.

She even talked him into a game of tag, which was unfair. Garry was quite a good runner, and he had trouble leveling the playing field. Matilde needed some more practice with running.

Thank goodness for her magic broom.

Marvin wanted to unwind at the Red Rendevouz, and found himself joined by Justin's step-daughters. Marci was busy with her homework, but that could wait for Rachael. “I have an evil plot you need to know.”

“And then we can fly and RULE THE WORLD!” She finished with confidence.

“Mother of Llama, Matti, what is your dad doing?” Rachael found herself frozen in place.

Perhaps Marvin needed some more practice. He swore it was meant to be a good luck charm. It was nothing a well-placed fire blast couldn't fix. Though she was singed by it, he hoped that he left a decent impression on Rachael.

Finally, Justin and Amy got started on a family of their own. Neither of them were young anymore; Justin was mere days away from his elder birthday, and they wanted their own family separate from the past romances of Amy.

But the morning after his elder birthday, he got a call from Molly Coddle. “I really think you should come over and meet them," she said.

"Yes, I'll be right over."

---

Rachael aged up into a worse fashion disaster than her mother! Just trust me when I say that she's absurdly pretty with a makeover, okay?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2013, 04:04:17 PM »
Yay, helperboos!  ;D
Hope they inherit their mothers haircolour, too.

I think Garry would be good spouse-material but he would be the perfect match to Rachael, wouldn't he?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2013, 05:02:19 PM »
Yay, helperboos!  ;D
Hope they inherit their mothers haircolour, too.

I think Garry would be good spouse-material but he would be the perfect match to Rachael, wouldn't he?

He shares two traits with Rachael and two with Matilde. The three of them are all artistic as well.

I'm hoping for Garry and Matilde to be together, but if my earlier attempts told me anything, it's that sims always love someone else. :P

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2013, 05:53:22 PM »
That chapter with Harwood and Amy was beautiful. Sad, yet hopeful at the same time. Man does that stink that Harwood never got to meet his second child. :(

At least they have a good step-dad though.

Hmm, Garry and Matilde...it could work, though given the age difference chances are he will fall for someone else first. Doesn't mean that miss Mattie can't convince him to break up though. He is certainly not bad looking!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2013, 07:37:02 PM »

Sims may always love someone else, but fortunately you can always persuade them otherwise! Go, Matilde, go! Most townies do seem to have terrible fashion taste, but I think Rachael will look great in your hands. Besides, the blue hair is too cool.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2013, 10:23:22 PM »
That chapter with Harwood and Amy was beautiful. Sad, yet hopeful at the same time. Man does that stink that Harwood never got to meet his second child. :(

Hmm, Garry and Matilde...it could work, though given the age difference chances are he will fall for someone else first. Doesn't mean that miss Mattie can't convince him to break up though. He is certainly not bad looking!

He's a child of Goodwin Goode! Of course he's good-looking!
(You must excuse my fearful devotion to Goodwin.)

Sims may always love someone else, but fortunately you can always persuade them otherwise! Go, Matilde, go! Most townies do seem to have terrible fashion taste, but I think Rachael will look great in your hands. Besides, the blue hair is too cool.

She won't, though. Trip is very particular about letting Sims have their own way.

Justin has more kids? What a good little pollinator! Does he have Fertility Treatment?

I hope Matilde and Garry get together, there's nothing like having Goode genes in a Dynasty!
*ducks from tomatoes at the awful pun*
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2013, 10:55:22 PM »

Harwood's untimely deaths make me sad too. After what happened with the Graves and me pretty much ignoring his grieving Lolly, I would have hated myself for doing it again with Amy. It's truly heartwarming to see Amy so happy around Justin. :)

He might. I'm keeping close tabs on Garry. He's a YA now, so anything can go wrong now. I usually like to shy away from breaking up couples if I have other options, so I hope the ladies of Twinbrook can keep their hands off Garry!

She won't, though. Trip is very particular about letting Sims have their own way.

Rosa's right, but only to an extent. If I only have one option for an original townie spouse and they're not feeling it, well, tough luck for my sims. And while I let wishes direct gender with the Graves, I have every gender planned out this time so I won't have to think of names that start with M on the fly.

He's a child of Goodwin Goode! Of course he's good-looking!
(You must excuse my fearful devotion to Goodwin.)

Justin has more kids? What a good little pollinator! Does he have Fertility Treatment?

I hope Matilde and Garry get together, there's nothing like having Goode genes in a Dynasty!
*ducks from tomatoes at the awful pun*

And more stuff to respond to! I like doing that.

1. I was shocked that Garry turned out so well. He might be Goodwin's son, but he looks just like Jenni and I worried what a gender-flipped Jenni would look like, especially since he was a slightly odd looking child.

2. You bet Justin has fertility treatment. I wanted tons of Justinboos and I got my wish. He has five kids! Four with Molly, and one with Amy. And while you won't see them until I update again, I'll say that I'm pleasantly surprised with how adorable his kids look. Justin's 10 different types of cute, but his kids manage to be even cuter.

3. *groans*

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Clavicula Dynasty: The Extended Family (2/20)
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2013, 02:21:37 PM »

Justin found himself playing with Staci, Molly Coddle's newest little girl and the fourth one he fathered with her. Of course, he had to share the news about his incoming child with Amy too, which Molly was quite pleased to hear. She didn't know Amy that well, but she seemed like someone who deserved a fiance like Justin.

It was a complicated thing for Molly and Justin. Molly was seeing Phoenix Prudence for years, but it never went far beyond a few kisses. Still, she loved helping him with his two young children...until they grew up into rebellious teens and later young adults. Time was ticking away for Molly to have children of her own, and Phoenix wasn't particularly willing to raise another family in his old age with a woman he was hardly romantic with. A few long conversations between Molly, Justin, and Amy later, and Justin relaxed with Molly for a few minutes before becoming the father of a friend's children.

And so he was the father of the Coddle kids. Four times over. First there was Jackie, then Michelle, and finally the twins, Staci and Constance. Molly hoped for a boy, but she was lucky enough to find a willing donor in Justin.

Jackie just scratched her head when Matilde wanted a chat. “Why are you even listening to Rachael's evil plots? Mum says to stay far away from her.”

She was such a kind girl like her mum, and looked so much like her dad.

Justin had to side-track Matilde for some tutoring. The constant snow in Twinbrook was affecting her school performance, but he had the secrets to bring her up to an A.

Some of the other kids were tracked down for photos.

Michelle Coddle grew up, looking like a bit more of a blend of her two parents.

Ada Knack (she was harder to track down as YA, so all I have is a teen picture) grew up looking even more like Lincoln and her grandma Mary, while Guy and Shanya Knack were obviously Julienne's children, and Julienne caused quite a panic at Mick's Master Karaoke with the birth of her fourth child, Nathan.

And one winter night, Justin was out at the library for some quiet reading and didn't get the word from Amy that the nooboo was coming. Marvin ran into her at the Red Velvet Lounge, and kindly offered Amy a ride. Thomas the nooboo was just so adorable.

In the midst of all the focus on the mortal children, Matilde quietly aged up in the schoolyard.

“I am mum's child, aren't I?”

Marvin was happy to see Matilde grow up into such a nice young lady, but he noticed his own age. He was too busy gardening or working to celebrate his 50th birthday, and he missed a bunch of Matilde's birthdays. That wasn't bothering him (though he still ache for another party). Even for a man who was to live forever, his age worried him. Marvin watched many of his friends get grey, some them die, and the warning about the curse started to feel too real.

While Charmaine was sound asleep, Marvin woke up unusually early. He had a curse staring him down, and he needed to step up as the wrinkles on his face became a little more clear.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2013, 07:41:40 PM »
Oooh, suspenseful! I like the explanation for Molly and Justin, it makes sense now. What is this curse everyone keeps mentioning? Wow, Matilde looks so much like her mother. And Guy Knack is a little cutie! I love Julienne too :)

By samoht04

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2013, 08:07:29 PM »
What is this curse everyone keeps mentioning?

Something to try and explain story progression's mechanics, or lack of them. It stemmed from me probably sitting down in the student lounge or letting my mind wander during one of my coffee runs and thinking "well, no one's making babies unless they're in the household. I guess they're cursed to be that way." I won't even call this a story spoiler, because it's pretty much what drives most of the story. Marvin moves in whoever he can so some original townie blood can live on in spite of the curse of broken story progression, and maybe does his dynasty reqs too.

I noticed that very little of my story is Marvin, mostly because his requirements aren't interesting enough. As an update, he's not too bad with requirements. Justin will likely live to get his elder portrait, but Charmaine will pass 90 days right before Marvin turns elder. I hope she sticks around to get his elder sculpture and photo, and maybe serve us until Gwen/Felix/Peter 2.0 can take over. I'm really scared about his career, though. Marvin doesn't have a boss! He hasn't had a boss since his last one passed away weeks ago. Yet Charmaine is in the same career (she helps keeps Marvin's "Clientele" metric high) and I think Newton Baker is her boss. Marv is currently at level seven and about two or three days away from his elder birthday, and it's really hard to keep his "Private Readings" metric in the green (everyone rejects him for readings, and he needs to improve his alchemy skill a bit too. He needs to complete the career to complete his LTW and get his other two LTRs. It's Journeyman all over again!

Okay, maybe he's doing worse than I thought...

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2013, 08:40:36 PM »

Oh, Marvin! You're too hot, and I don't want you to go back into the CAS bin, so please finish your dynasty requirements! Pretty please?

I love your combo of breeding townie genetics but still trying to let sims have some free will in spouse choice, Trip. Small surprise I enjoy breeding genetics eh? Justin and Molly's girl with the long white-blond hair looks like a cutie, very prettily shaped eyes. I love the Bull girls too, with their blue hair. I hope nooboo Thomas gets it too!

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2013, 08:50:39 PM »
Oh, Marvin! You're too hot, and I don't want you to go back into the CAS bin, so please finish your dynasty requirements! Pretty please?

I love your combo of breeding townie genetics but still trying to let sims have some free will in spouse choice, Trip. Small surprise I enjoy breeding genetics eh? Justin and Molly's girl with the long white-blond hair looks like a cutie, very prettily shaped eyes. I love the Bull girls too, with their blue hair. I hope nooboo Thomas gets it too!

The blond one is Lincoln and Julienne's daughter, actually. She's so pretty! I love Julienne and it's nice to see her genes live on.

Thomas has Justin's hair instead. Not exactly a bad thing (it is pretty unique; black streaked with brown). He's otherwise all Amy. She has some wicked strong genes! I probably should have guessed that after a decadynasty attempt with Amy and Juan Darer resulted in a bunch of Amy's clones running around Twinbrook, but this dynasty confirms her gene strength even more.

Marvin thanks you for the compliment. ;)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Clavicula Dynasty: Spellbound (2/21)
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2013, 10:03:54 PM »
Marvin met an old friend at the library, one who strangely detested most of Marvin's roommates. After complimenting his intelligence for an hour, the friendship was rekindled.

“You know, I could use a favor,” Marvin said to his friend, “I know you don't want to settle down, but I need you to live with me. I can give you a slightly happier life. Just do this for me.”

“Alright, you win this time.”

There was just one thing Marvin had to do before telling him to pack his bags and find his house on Puddlewick Drive. He took a special elixir out of his pocket.

“I'd rather not have your fur on the carpet,” said Marvin with a sneer. The glass broke at his friend's feet. The fur was shed, his handsomely-rounded features returned, and his eyes were a dark green again.

Marc Brandt shook off the new feeling. “Puddlewick Drive, right?”

It felt nice to have his humanity back, and even becoming an elder before reaching the porch didn't bother Marc too much.

“Dang, Marvin has a good taste in women. I'd love to get to know you better.”

Meanwhile, Matilde wanted to get some new clothes and a haircut, but she first tried to burn off the baby fat. “You're fine the way you are,” said Marvin, but Matilde had different plans. She was inspired by Officer Goode's recruiting work for the public service, and wanted to be a firefighter. And the town of Twinbrook didn't want chubby firefighters.

After a bit, she let her hair go feral and got some clothes that were a little more fashionable (weight loss was too slow). Outside of the Bull house, Matilde was unusually captivated by the snow.

Thomas Bull just wanted to go inside.

“Come on Rachael, we're going to Performance Park,” she said as her friend answered the door.

“Oh my god, is that snow?”

Matilde quickly got to business. Prom was that weekend, and the only boys in school were Guy Knack and a paper boy. “Girl, you better go to prom with me. I'll have uncle Justin lecture you if you don't,” said Matilde, closely watched by proprietor Doug Downey and a Reaper snowman.

“Deal.”

Since the age difference between Rachael and Matilde was a little less apparent, they finally talked as equals about the one thing they agreed on: art. “You bet I want a pottery wheel. Maybe I can be like dad, or paint like Justin?”

The two spent the day together, mostly goofing off. Conversation devolved into a snowball fight.

“I bet you hit like a girl, Rachael,” taunted Matilde, “and a weak one at that!”

“You don't know anythin' yet.”

By the end of the day, the two felt closer than ever. “BFFs? Please?” asked Matilde.

“I'm just so honored!”

For poor Rachael, there were drawbacks to standing outside during a Twinbrook winter without outerwear. Lincoln the chaperone stepped in to thaw her out. As Rachael got back up again, Matilde was more spellbound than ever over something completely different.

“Is this what dad was hinting at?” she whispered. The magic finally could be released.

---

Oh Marc. I was targeting him as a backup dynasty painter in the event that I couldn't find someone else to do the job, but I noticed that he became a werewolf after the first day and I thought "well, I can keep him around for generations if I must!" Then my plans ended up requiring some Marc much sooner. So here he is today, living with the Claviculas and still in need of an elder makeover. I'll get him to populating the town too.

Yeah, he's old and saggy now, but Marc's at the beginning of his elder stage now. Without supernatural intervention, he'd be as old as Charmaine and therefore days away from death.

I'm trying to squeeze as much time in with Matilde and Rachael as teens as I can into this story. Readers of the Graves might remember an odd bug where the game basically skipped Gwen's teen stage, which meant that I could move her in sooner to paint, but she never got some nice teen bonding with Willow that she would have had without the bug. I wanted Willow to have a nice teen friend, darn it. :(

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Clavicula Dynasty: Spellbound (2/21)
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2013, 10:12:39 PM »
Oh, Marc. So lovely. I hate it when he goes Elder. Glad he'll get to spread his good genes around again. Why didn't Matilde want to go to prom with Guy? Is he still a child? Did she inherit her father's power then? That's cool!

By samoht04

anything