Author Topic: Moving one mod file to another computer?  (Read 4391 times)

Offline lisanmyers

• Lost Girl
  • Llama Wrangler
Moving one mod file to another computer?
« on: February 07, 2013, 12:17:01 PM »
hi all. so on my desktop computer is where i play my Sims, but it doesn't have internet right now. is it possible to move one mod file from my net book and put them into the necessary files in my Sims 3 on my other computer via usb drive? i hope so, i love finding and adding new things to my game. thanks for any and all advice in advance  :) much appreciated!

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Moving one mod file to another computer?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 02:17:33 PM »
Welcome to the forum lisanmyers. :)

Yes, that is possible. In fact, when I played Sims on a laptop that had no access to the internet, I downloaded stuff on my desktop, put it on a USB and installed it from there.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lisanmyers

• Lost Girl
  • Llama Wrangler
Moving mods and installing them from another computer?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 11:37:30 PM »
Hi! So Im not a stranger to mods, and I know how to add them if Im on a computer with internet, my my game is on a desktop without internet, and only my net book has internet right now. I have been told I can move 3rd party mods from here to my other computer, but Im unsure how how to save them on a usb, and then where and how to move them onto my game physically. Usually its just a click and add automatically from a site to the game. What I want to add is clothing, hair, objects, and the town that has been made here, Union Bay (I believe that right)

Offline lisanmyers

• Lost Girl
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: Moving mods and installing them from another computer?
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 11:40:38 PM »
oh and for adding the new world, i have Pets, but I dont play it. My graphics card dosnt seem to be up to par.

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
Re: Moving one mod file to another computer?
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 03:47:17 PM »
Assuming you are using a PC and not a Mac, mods are located in <documents>\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods . Copy from that folder on the source machine, and to that folder on the destination.

On a Mac, I have no idea where it is located.

anything