Author Topic: Where have all the ghosts gone?  (Read 2183 times)

starsarah

Where have all the ghosts gone?
« on: July 06, 2010, 09:45:59 AM »
Since buying and installing Ambitions - I no longer have ghosts in my graveyards! Have they made it so only ghostbusting sims can see ghosts now? If so, that is really bad as I don't want to be a ghost buster, but I want to still interact with the ghosts in my graveyard

My sim has vistied the graveyard every night for the last 15 sim days and not once has one of the ghosts come out!

What can I do? please help!

x

Archer0

Re: Where have all the ghosts gone?????
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 10:03:41 AM »
I had this problem when trying to make a ghost baby.  I was playing in Twinbrook.  I eventually did have 2 ghosts show up in the graveyard, but they would just wander a few feet away and disappear.  Even if I clicked them and chose greet or call over.  In subsequent games, I've been back playing in Sunset Valley and multiple ghosts show up just fine there.

I wasn't willing to wait multiple weeks to see if more showed up from sims dying, so I ended up just killing a sim on my lot and using that one to make a ghost baby.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Where have all the ghosts gone?????
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 04:34:08 PM »
I have ghosts, but as soon as midnight hits, they all head to the front and get in cars and cabs and scatter.  Funniest thing I ever saw.  There was no more ghosts left after that and funny thing is, never saw them return and it kept happening.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
Re: Where have all the ghosts gone?
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 08:59:40 AM »
After you install Ambitions, the ghosts will not only not stay in the graveyard, but also take a ride to someone's house and go do their work as prey to Ghost Hunters. I had figured that out once I tried to divorce Steven (guy on my sig, my main Sim) and his Ghost Wife, to whom I had built a memorial on the graveyard.

The only solution I could think of is "go play ghost hunter, find your haunting wife, divorce and sell her to the facility (or make her a painting in the wall, like in Luigi's Mansion)". I will be testing that soon.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Where have all the ghosts gone?
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 09:40:23 AM »
I have played ghost hunter profession and only thing is, those ghosts from the graveyard are not the same ghosts you hunt for in the profession.  I followed a couple of ghosts last night from graveyard and they go to one of the paths outside of town and dissappear.  If you can get to the graveyard in time, I have been able to talk to one ghost, otherwise, when you start to talk to them, they turn around and dissappear.  It is harder to talk now than before, that is why I just keep my gravestone in my inventory  and wait for option from science center or start my own cemetary.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

anything