Author Topic: New Store World: Aurora Skies  (Read 74333 times)

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
Re: New Store World: Aurora Skies
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2013, 01:48:06 AM »
This world while pretty, is not all that tempting to me compared to other store worlds. I am so in love with Monte Vista still, so unless something really amazing is promised with this one, I will likely pass. The northern lights look nice but nothing beats seeing them for real!

I know what you mean, but by getting this world aren't our sims virtually experiencing it? Who are we to take that away from them!

The more I see of this world, the more I want it!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2013, 09:47:56 AM »
Man.  As a marketing professional, I hope to one day learn to be as effective as EA manages to be with the Sims store items.  I'm really leaning toward getting this because I find it more aesthetically pleasing than Lucky Palms and it seems to have a ton of lot space for customization.  Plus, you know ... balloons and stuff.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sunsetsorbet

• Townie
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2013, 12:15:42 PM »
I wonder what makes it an "eco-friendly" town.  If that refers to the premium content, I may need this town.  Otherwise, I'll just stick with Hidden Springs. 

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2013, 09:04:58 PM »
News link from today

The Hot Air Balloon - Only in The Sims 3 Aurora Skies
POSTED ON 02/06/13 05:00 PM

What’s more romantic than a hot air balloon ride with the one you love? Sightsee, picnic, and even woohoo in the Hot Air Balloon – the exclusive premium content only available with the Sims 3 Aurora Skies.

The Sims 3 Aurora Skies is available for purchase on February 21st, 2013 on the Sims 3 Store. Join the discussion and learn more about The Sims 3 Aurora Skies here.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2013, 01:11:24 PM »
SimGuruTaterTot's Newest Blog link

A Designer's Thoughts: Hot Air Balloons & Aurora Skies
POSTED ON 02/07/13

Here's a special peek from designer Alan Copeland talking about the Hot Air Balloon, available in The Sims 3 Aurora Skies. Make sure to pick up Aurora Skies on February 21, 2013 from the Sims 3 Store!

When we first started talking about what items that would fit well in Aurora Skies, I wanted a big impact item that would really speaks to the romantic aspects of the world.  I mean, doesn’t Aurora Skies look like to perfect place to take a date?  What could be better than sharing drinks with that special someone while watching the sunset transition into the northern lights?  Or proposing in the mist of one of the most spectacular waterfalls the Sims has ever seen?  I know… doing all of that while floating above the earth in your Sims very on Hot Air Balloon!

Even if you’re Sim is alone, or stuck in the friend zone, there’s fun to be had going up to do a little sightseeing.  While you can certainly find some “Glorious Views” (new moodlet!) watch out, because some things can’t be unseen!  And who doesn’t want to arrive at work in a Hot Air Balloon?  From Map View you can pick your favorite location to fly too and the Hot Air Balloon will whisk you away to your destination!

We knew from the forums that many players have been asking for more romantic interactions, so the Hot Air Balloon allows you to break open some cider and set the mood with that special someone.

Nothing says “Grand Romantic Gesture” (new moodlet!) like proposing to the Sim of your dreams in a Hot Air Balloon!

And we couldn’t design new romantic interactions without giving those Sims a new place to Woohoo!

Love is definitely in the air with the Hot Air Balloon!

I hope you like what you’ve seen so far! Keep an eye out for more information on the Official Discussion thread in the Sims 3 Forums, and definitely tune into The Sims 3 Broadcast on Feburary 14th to learn even more about Aurora Skies.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2013, 01:26:00 PM »
You can propose in the balloons?! Oh, EA, you've got me sold!
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2013, 01:20:29 PM »

New screenshot courtesy of Sims 3 UK on Facebook.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2013, 01:54:14 PM »
The returning family is The Beakers from Strangetown!

New Venue for the Gold edition is targeted for Toddlers/children.  The Gold version comes with two premium content: A playpen & a walker.

In the playpen, toddlers can teach themselves how to talk by using a mirror. Once they know how to talk, they'll be able to start learning charisma.   They can also learn logic using the abacus on the side.

The walker will raise the handiness skill as teach them how to walk.

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2013, 02:45:43 PM »
I'd buy it just to get those items. It would save the adults so much time and effort, and give them more time for other things, like work or romance.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2013, 02:54:00 PM »
All the new rabbit holes look amazing also . The hot air balloon is a must . It looks small like Hidden Springs but very nice . I'll be getting it for sure .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2013, 02:59:12 PM »
The more I see of this, the more I like it - now I just need money to spend on Sims... :)
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2013, 03:08:25 PM »
SimsVIP has posted a link to a website that took 67 screenshots from today's live broadcast of Aurora Skies.   Just follow the link to her blogpost.   The site it links to is french and may contain content that is not family friendly so follow it at your own risk.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2013, 08:55:38 PM »
The closer the screenshots, the better it looks! I'm really starting to dig the new content.  :)

Offline wolvie19

• Nooboo
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2013, 09:52:27 PM »
I almost never get the Gold Editions but this one will definitely be worth it for the toddler stuff.  Half of my sims end up with a house full of toddlers at some point.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2013, 09:19:23 PM »
New Blog is up link

Producer's Commentary: The Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center
Here's a special peek from Producer Megan Myers talking about the Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center, available a part of the Gold Edition of The Sims 3 Aurora Skies. The Gold Edition will be available on The Sims 3 Store on February 21, 2013.

Hi, Simmers!  If you love playing toddlers and children like I do (they’re just so cute!!!), you are really going to love the Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center!  This venue is absolutely beautiful, and just looking at it makes me think that this might be my very favorite venue ever.  (Though, of course, the fact that everything is geared towards children certainly helps!)

As soon as you look at the Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center, you can tell that it’s going to be a very stimulating environment.  There’s just so much going on!  Here’s the view from the front:

Look at all of that crazy architecture!  Looking at this makes me want to immediately start exploring the building.  And the building certainly doesn’t disappoint!  There are three floors filled with various spaces for your Sims to experience and explore.  There is truly something for everyone.  Bookworms can enjoy the cozy reading nook on the third floor while Outdoor enthusiasts can play in the play area just outside.

Sims interested in logic can enjoy a space with a chess table and a telescope, while more athletic Sims can get in some exercise in the pool.

The Early Learning Center also has a space for art if your little ones are so inclined.  They can enjoy painting with their peers or try out their writing skills on the computers.  (This room is definitely my favorite!  I’m already planning stories where my Sim children come to the center for writing and painting practice with all of their friends!)

Toddlers won’t be left out at the Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center.  In fact, there are two new items made especially for toddlers!  We knew that we wanted to have add more objects for toddlers… (You guys all loved the Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes set and keep asking for more!  And, really, can you ever have too many objects for toddlers???  I think not!) but we wanted them to be useful objects, too.  Something that would make life easier for Sims and their children while also making their lives more fun.  Thinking about this, there were two pretty obvious objects to make: a playpen and a toddler walker! 

With the Local Motion Toddler Walker, toddlers with a desire to move can test out their legs and learn to walk on their own!  My toddler, Jasper, absolutely loves it!

And then, if your child Sim is a genius like mine (look! He’s thinking about SCIENCE!), place him in the Head Start Playpen to get a head start on learning.  Toddlers in the playpen can learn how to talk all by themselves!  They can also try to boost their people skills and/or learn some math.  Sure, Jasper looks like he’s just learning to count, but I’m pretty sure he’ll be working on calculus soon!  With the playpen, I know my Sims are being set up on a path to success from their earliest years!   

So, maybe your parent Sims are neglectful like mine are, and they don’t want to sit around and watch their darling children struggle to say “Mommy” or learn calculus.  Never fear!  While your child Sims are getting some quality edutainment, Mommy and Daddy can enjoy the parents’ room upstairs.  Complete with bar, tv, radio, and fooseball table, parents are sure to be as entertained as their children!  The Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center really does have something for everyone.  Even a Sim who Hates Children will probably be happy.  Probably. 

anything